Homecoming Server Update: Super Packs

Jimmy

[*]It’s possible you may encounter issues, packs and items may disappear before or as you claim them - until this has been tested thoroughly, use them at your own risk as there will be no refunds for lost influence or items

This warning is IMPORTANT !!

Just baught 3 packs to try the concept … open them and see the goodies … I validate but then I cannot see anythink on my character. I have carefully check for 10 minutes in the salvages and enhancements but there is really nothing.

30 millions lost ;)

It has to be taken in consideration before buying

Check the in-game email window ;)

You are right Jimmy thank you !

Items appear in the > E mail and then select > "Character item" (and not "inbox")

** Heroes can be killed but legend will remain **

I was looking at Mids which is setup for I25 builds. Is there any chance that we'll see the new power pool abilities such as utility belts and what not? There are some other things too outside of that. I think Time as a secondary for blasters was one. I hope all these things get added in the future.

Marshal Valor

Commander of the 1st Fist of Light

Thanks to the GMs, network, and total technical team. You are all doing a wonderful job in bringing back something that has meant a lot to many people, been sorely missed, and in a way that is at least as transparent and fair as the best of any efforts I've seen. Kudos to everyone, and when it is okay for us to support you in defraying the costs, please let us know!

In the meantime, I have cups of coffee or whatever cheery beverage you desire notionally reserved for you all. :D

~Kartanian

First, thanks so much for everything you guys have done. It's been a great surprise getting to play this again. Once you find a legally viable way to solicit donations I (and I'm sure many others) would be happy to help offset what is probably a massive cost to keep all of these servers running.

Second, would it be possible to allow us to save a local copy of our characters from homecoming servers? I understand that you probably don't want people uploading offline characters to your servers, but it would be nice to have a back-up in case the worst happens and the servers go down.

We've already lost our characters once in the apocalypse, it'd be nice to have some piece of mind that they can't be completely lost again!

Not to sound ungrateful, but the Super Packs just seem..bad.

If the value is 10 merits (and some goodies) but you only get 5 things, it is very likely to get nothing you actually want. And for 10 mil?

If it was 10mil back on the old servers, sure. But now, not many people besides hard core farmers are going to have that to gamble away. And it pretty much is a gamble.

I remember getting some of the Super Packs on Test Server, way back, and was not at all impressed.

If the value is 10 merits (and some goodies) but you only get 5 things, it is very likely to get nothing you actually want. And for 10 mil?

If it was 10mil back on the old servers, sure. But now, not many people besides hard core farmers are going to have that to gamble away. And it pretty much is a gamble.

I remember getting some of the Super Packs on Test Server, way back, and was not at all impressed.

IIRC, the Super Packs cost 80 Paragon Points on the live servers. In actual cash terms, that's $1.

Remember its also a money sink.  The money is taken out of the server helping control inflation. 

It looks like...well, I just forked over 10 million inf for a purple thing in my salvage bin that says Hero and Villain pack. But...no extra merits, no Archetype enhancements...well, nothing. At all. Just lost 10 million inf.

There's nothing in my email that I didn't send to myself.

What a disappointment. I should add, or should I say subtract - though the price was listed as 10 million inf, I was charged 30 million!

It looks like...well, I just forked over 10 million inf for a purple thing in my salvage bin that says Hero and Villain pack. But...no extra merits, no Archetype enhancements...well, nothing. At all. Just lost 10 million inf.

What a disappointment. I should add, or should I say subtract - though the price was listed as 10 million inf, I was charged 30 million!

Right click on it and select "open."

Maybe you should not go berserk straight away and give more patience and trust to whats going on here.

1)Go back to your salvage window and right click on the "purple thing" then choose "open".

2)You will see five cards popping on your screen. Click to return them and discover your gain

3) After your gains are revealed you can get them for real in your mail box. But its not in the "inbox", you have another option in your mailbox wich is called "characters item". This one is the good one and mean that any of your characters can access to it and claim one or more of the gifts you earned by purchasing a hero pack.

** Heroes can be killed but legend will remain **

Maybe you should not go berserk straight away and give more patience and trust to whats going on here.

1)Go back to your salvage window and right click on the "purple thing" then choose "open".

2)You will see five cards popping on your screen. Click to return them and discover your gain

3) After your gains are revealed you can get them for real in your mail box. But its not in the "inbox", you have another option in your mailbox wich is called "characters item". This one is the good one and mean that any of your characters can access to it and claim one or more of the gifts you earned by purchasing a hero pack.

Ah..well, that is useful  - and quite clear.

I certainly didn't intend to come across as if I'd gone berserk. I was just disappointed in not knowing how to access the super pack. I'd read in the announcements about it, it would be accessed by the in-game email. I feel pretty stupid now. Still, thanks for the clear explanation.

Ah..well, that is useful  - and quite clear.

I certainly didn't intend to come across as if I'd gone berserk. I was just disappointed in not knowing how to access the super pack. I'd read in the announcements about it, it would be accessed by the in-game email. I feel pretty stupid now. Still, thanks for the clear explanation.

The question now is, do you feel like what you got was worth 10 million inf?

I remember those super packs in the old days. I loved them. I spent most of my points for subscribing on them, so I'd get quite a few. 10 million inf, though? I'm not seeing a path to making the kind of money I could on my characters in the old days (which is fine as prices in the market are generally much less), so I'm not seeing 10 mil as pocket change anymore. Seems rather exorbitant, and though I'm old and my memory is a little fuzzy on what was in them, I don't recall thinking they were worth an exorbitant price.

• 3 weeks later

Reserved.

Is the windfall temporary power working as intended?  I seem to notice the larger inspirations drop more but rare recipes and such don't seem to come more often at all when I use it.  Obviously I don't have the exact numbers on this but just wanted to make sure.

• 1 month later
On 6/7/2019 at 12:39 PM, purplejezusjuice said:

Is the windfall temporary power working as intended?  I seem to notice the larger inspirations drop more but rare recipes and such don't seem to come more often at all when I use it.  Obviously I don't have the exact numbers on this but just wanted to make sure.

I don't think the Windfall temp power is even offered anymore. I haven't seen one in a long time and I buy these packs dozens per week. The packs have kind of been a wash lately. Mostly break even. Probably better off to just buy items you want off the market.

• 2 months later

I've gotten a few windfall temp powers.  it seems they only are in the heroes and villains super pack.  I get one every 20 packs maybe.  The first time I got one, I had about 4 purple drops, few pvp and a large handful of rare salvage.  the last 3 i used seem to have given me meh drops compared to the first time.  mostly get a few extra catalysts maybe an extra pvp recipe.  nothing really to write home over