Show Off!!

After several false starts, I'm finally on my way to making changes to the bare-bones bases of both of my small supergroups, Men Of Action, and Action Heroes.

I'm nowhere near the skill level of others I see here (yet), and I can already see things I should have done better, but the results of our custom teleporter room had me excited enough that I had to share.  Thanks to @Dacy for all those helpful videos, and to so many others of you who have posted all those helpful base-building reads in the forum.  I'll probably have a lot of questions in days to come.

2023_07_20_Men_of_Action_12_RayGunn.thumb.jpg.8368c62a25af91e526da1efd9a75d032.jpg

2023_07_20_Men_of_Action_5.thumb.jpg.64662bd100b42fb502b408d97783cc55.jpg

2023_07_20_Men_of_Action_11_Streetwise.jpg

Short vids to show the kinetic elements of the build:

Portals

Sign

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

• 3 months later

The latest SG base built, Grayson's Dojo on Everlasting. Base code: DOJO-30364. The Hidden Mist is the home of the Grayson Dojo. Surrounded by obscuring fog and terrifying creatures only the brave and strong dare venture to find the legendary dojo. The ninjas that are trained here are said to be the strongest in the world, but their fealty comes at a high price.

Many seeking the dojo have wandering weeks to no avail, and ultimately died in the swamp either from hypothermia or to a deadly creature lurking in the mist.

Dojo7.thumb.jpg.f3d56012394997df00383d8164c47d7c.jpg

The first sight of the dojo, you would think most students would be happy to see, but the easiest part of their journey is over.

Dojo8.thumb.jpg.1a947e3ce96f09d8497dc449ed84cfb2.jpg

Upon entering the mist clears and the magic that protects this place can be felt in the air.

Dojo1.thumb.jpg.a2d484d3ab14c84b7064a28ab317ce78.jpg

The side buildings are where the students sleep, eat and pray. 

Dojo5.thumb.jpg.bcc7d852654a735ab4c1311e13bb46bb.jpg

The main building is where the students train, fighting and practicing their physical skills.

Dojo4.thumb.jpg.aeb665ccc401dc2951f3682444294723.jpg

Once the students have proven themselves and become ninjas, they are dispatched around the land to handle difficult missions.

Dojo3.thumb.jpg.c0c07844ff5e7b0960b7366cc7fafeae.jpg

Water falls from the mountain top to provide clean drinking water for the weary and thirsty pupils.

Dojo6.thumb.jpg.cd82c09d230b781a0d1424bc107b92f5.jpg

A mediation garden sits in the corner of the dojo for those that wish to clear their minds of troubling thoughts.

Dojo9.thumb.jpg.847ea9985fe819014309d4402179faec.jpg

Between missions ninjas are allowed to utilize the pool for a bit of fun and recreation.

Dojo10.thumb.jpg.2a4b2128df9788a0f56aaecf242727b8.jpg

It's hard to imagine a place this wonderous being hidden from the world, but like most treasures only a few ever lay eyes upon it.

Dojo2.thumb.jpg.0f8e206d46d0f09f70f5f79788df756f.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later

So, I've long wanted a great base, but lacked the artistic flair to make it happen, particularly one built 'outside' the base itself. I've settled for somewhat functional for many years. Thankfully, with help from some of our base builder community members I've got my new base up and running on Everlasting. I started with a 'Bat Cave' concept that quickly expanded and grew into a subterranean hangout for rogues and vigilantes, staffed by a bunch of androids grown in vats, relics of the previous, rather mysterious original inhabitants. But who can say no to a fully staffed new base on a vigilante's pay?

So I present the Rogue Underground (ROGUE-30559) on Everlasting. Thanks to @Easter Bunnyfor guidance/support and @Etchedfor the building itself! Would have been impossible without them 🙂

In my head cannon the base is underneath Port Oaks, accessed through a sewer. I'll post pics to follow.

Edited by Force Redux
  • Like 2

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Through the break in the wall:

z2IENSB.jpg

Living quarters, next:

drIPkeo.jpg

One of several bedrooms. I asked for small and cramped Tokyo-style and each has their own flavor:

VoaQB5L.jpg

A workshop next door to that:

bRXQtSU.jpg

Above it, a sort of general store/black market area:

MEbcx9p.jpg

Overlooking the central core/cave, with command area and other spots:

fCcqmWG.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The stairs back up top:

vtZoDzU.jpg

Dock entrance up above from main cave:

2rL99xQ.jpg

Entrance to the Mystic's Cave/librarium:

wDXHxfq.jpg

The Mystic's Cave:

BJpbLed.jpg

The android vats:

Hskstwm.jpg

Club entrance - truly, a really really underground club!

LF3tHjR.jpg

Club Ground Zero itself, with several levels:

hKtL9aU.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Easter Bunny said:

That looks amazing, @Force Redux! A base to be proud of! Very well done, @Etched! That's a healthy chunk of work in a pretty quick turnaround!

Yes very generously sized! It's bigger than the pictures hint at... Come by for a visit 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

The creative minds who make such mind boggling bases here just stuns me. Kudos to all of you, and thanks for posting pics here for us all to drop our jaws while viewing.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

On 1/7/2024 at 4:44 PM, sykoholic001 said:

*looks at his base*
*looks at other peoples' bases*  .....(peoples' or people's?)
*looks at his base*
*tries not to cry*

Syk, we all started at the beginning. Now, it is a matter of application of time, energy, and effort, this is true, but I know you can do great things if you choose to. I'm here to help with your questions and to give you tips. 🙂

-Dacy

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm just joking (mostly). I'm actually quite happy with my base. It's rather generic and dull compared to others and could definitely use sprucing up in several places but then again, it's kind of supposed to be spartan and utilitarian. It's more meant to be functional and fit the over-all theme of the super group.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

• 3 weeks later

Apologies for the "spam" 😞

We have numerous posts dedicated to the same general theme of base sharing / touring.

So, on that note, very much wanted to share the new link for what we are hoping will be the definitive base passcode directory:

The Community Base Directory:  http://tinyurl.com/mr4dvhyn

The goal with this directory is a single comprehensive list (we've compiled bases from numerous directories and posts) as well as accuracy. To that end, the directory cannot just be edited by anyone. That was a source for data corruption in the last directories. Submissions / updates can be submitted via a Google Form which then is uploaded to a master source. The main directory is just a reflection of this data.

- EB 

Edited by Easter Bunny
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later

I made a sort of DE/Nature themed base for a DE-themed SG (my friends and I all made DE characters using the Prismatics).  Its a very basic base with Red, Blue, Green (Hazard), and Dimensional (Pocket D, Shadow Shard) Portals, as well as a Utility/Storage Room.  Only 4 rooms total (5 if you count the hidden power/control room).

Any feedback from veteran builders would be very much appreciative. 😄  Also, let me know if I need to edit my post for size or whatnot. 🙂

Base Code:  DEVOUREDEARTH-13008 on Torchbearer

Entrance.  This lead to two rooms (Bottom Left / Bottom Right)

spacer.png

Entrance looking into the Red/Green Portal Room (Bottom Left from the above)

spacer.png

A different angle of the Red Portal (Villain Zones).  The opening in the back leads into a Cave with the Blue/Dimensional Portals.

spacer.png

Looking towards the Green (Hazard) Portal (from the above cave entrance), surrounded by large thorny roots (of the giant Torn Tree)

spacer.png

Looking into the Cave (caves can be really tricky to do w/o any openings/gaps)

spacer.png

Looking upwards towards the Dimensional Portal (to Pocket D and the Shadow Shard)

spacer.png

The Blue Portal (opposite the Dimensional Portal)

spacer.png

From the Entrance looking into the Utility Room

spacer.png

Utility / Hospital / Crafting / Storage Area.  I want to do more in this room, adding vegetation and more ramps, making it a sort of layered 3D maze of walkways, but going vertical is very time consuming. 🙂  Speaking of time consuming, placing those NPCs in just the right spot took *forever*  You have to place them in the right spot on the ground floor, then lift them into the air onto the planks, because once they are in the air they are impossible to move/rotate.

spacer.png

Another angle looking at the Pillar of Fire and Ice (No ceiling in this room)

spacer.png

3rd Angle

spacer.png

Edited by Cyclone Jack
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Etched said:

@Cyclone Jack can you post a base code so I can take a walk through it.

So... how does one go about getting the base code if you set it a few months ago but you forgot what it was? 😖🤣

I redid the command and got a new code:  DEVOUREDEARTH-13008 on Torchbearer

8 hours ago, Dacy said:

Did you enter this into the new Directory? 🙂 We'd love all bases to be in the directory! http://tinyurl.com/mr4dvhyn

-Dacy

Added. 🙂

Edited by Cyclone Jack
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Cyclone Jack I walked through your awesome base a little bit ago and it really a awesome base. Great blendin to hide the exterior walls. With that being said I did come across a couple things that you may want to fix.

Guests are able to see and jump over part of this section of wall and also make it to outside of the base. You may want to add in a Collision Wall over this room and something to cover this hole.

screenshot_240215-07-21-52.thumb.jpg.13e3717d6ab0812f9b5daf0bc86d88e0.jpg

The base is very fluid as you go from one room to the other, which in my book of build is supreme. No hang ups as you traveled and the teleporters were well disguised. One thing I'd like to mention is 0 Grid placement. You had some items, not many but enough for my eye to catch, that were kinda floatin above the ground. Mostly Shrubs and would be an easy fix. With that being said it is an outstandin base.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to your next build. 🙃

@Etched