Show Off!!

The base forum cannot be complete without a show off thread!

Since I have not had time to work with the new stuff, I must live vicariously through all you brilliant creative (obsessive?) people. 

So post some pics of what you're working on!  I don't care if it's still a Work In Progress, or a completely finished masterpiece, one room, a cool bit of clever placement, or whatever... let's see it! 

♥ ☺ ♥

Edit to Add:

Guys and Gals to avoid huge images that good off screen use these tags

H2nkK3n.png

The value of 700 is still a little large... I like to use 600.  Some folks prefer 400...  ymmv

Most of the work I've done on the Amazon Army base on Torchbearer has been getting features and function up.  But I have added some rooms that are mostly just for fun.  This is the spa room so far; will probably add a separate sauna room.

U7UYJtS.jpg

If you've ever been in any of the bases I've made, one thing is a given:  there will be a lot of pillars.  I am grateful that I don't have to use CoT or Japanese styled pillars any more, and that I can pick from more appropriate styles:

OVievUL.jpg

And now that I can use open roofs, I can add an atrium:

eSKcBKa.jpg

• Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Ok, I don't have any pics of new construction, since I'm still working on them... but, just for reference, here's a few from before the shutdown, so no access to the cool new parts, or new attachment options, just old school stacking.

Some shots of Imperius Legionari's Roman palace (currently being completely remodeled, since there's actual Roman pieces now :)

p.jpeg?size_mode=1

Entrance portal

p.jpeg?size_mode=1

Senate chamber

p.jpeg?size_mode=1

Fireplace/Hearth

p.jpeg?size_mode=1

Underground lake. Can't see it real great... it looked cool in person though.

p.jpeg?size_mode=1

Teleporter hall

p.jpeg?size_mode=1

Hidden theater room (I loved hiding rooms with secret entrances)

p.jpeg?size_mode=1

Gladiator arena, sat just under 1000 people

p.jpeg?size_mode=1

Another view

p.jpeg?size_mode=1

Imperius Throne, secret entrance behind the fire wall

And a little from the Society of Salvation base

p.jpeg?size_mode=1

Entry elevators

p.jpeg?size_mode=1

Hallway leading to med center

p.jpeg?size_mode=1

Teleporters

p.jpeg?size_mode=1

Library

p.jpeg?size_mode=1

Pool room. Never finished this one...

I know I've got more somehwere, think they're on a different computer though.

Beautiful work Heraclea.  Don't you love having fountains to work with?  And the water!  (does anyone remember having to use the "slow" raid items with the "ripple" effects for water?  lol)

Lola, I really really really want to see your pictures, but they are broken for me as well.  I'm not sure this forum plays nicely with dropbox....

Huh... I don't know why they're not working, they are showing right in the post for me, same images I've shared in the Discord. Really don't feel like setting up yet another account for something I have no interest in using just to share pictures.

And the water!  (does anyone remember having to use the "slow" raid items with the "ripple" effects for water?  lol)

Lola, I really really really want to see your pictures, but they are broken for me as well.  I'm not sure this forum plays nicely with dropbox....

The underground lake and pool both use slow fields for that effect... though apparently no one can see them but me :/

Huh... I don't know why they're not working, they are showing right in the post for me, same images I've shared in the Discord. Really don't feel like setting up yet another account for something I have no interest in using just to share pictures.

It seems to be a permission error.  (Error 401)  You are most likely logged into Dropbox so the images show for you.

Another scene that I really enjoyed making.

Li1IILq.jpg

This is the Torchbearer version of the Forum Olocunæ Encisorumque, by the way.  It relates to the backstory of my Roman Amazon characters from New Colchis.

The religion practiced in New Colchis is a female-centric version of the Roman religion. Minerva is the de facto head of the pantheon there. Venus, Juno, and Vesta are also worshipped, as are Vulcan and Neptune. The private, personal worship of the junones loci is almost as important as the public cult of the gods. Animal sacrifice is the chief act of public worship.

In addition to the classical pantheon, the women of New Colchis worship a maritime version of the Triple Goddess, the Sirenes Tres, envisioned as sirens or mermaids. These goddesses are individually known as Osonis Æamia, the maiden and patroness of love, and identified with Venus; Imæa Immania, the mother and patroness of fertility, identified with Juno or Ceres; and Oës Iansanis, the crone and patroness of war, identified with Minerva and Proserpina. Collectively, these three mermaid goddesses are known as the Parcæ (Fates) or Olocunæ.

New Colchis has public temples of Minerva, Vesta, and the Olocunæ. The temple of the Olocunæ is more of a courtyard. It serves as a public meeting and concert hall, since the chief act of worship performed in their honor is frenzied dancing and drumming. Others have smaller or private shrines.

The Encisi are also venerated there; these are the souls of the honoured dead, identified with the Penates. Communion is also sought with these spirits at ceremonies in their honor. The Latin name is usually explained as 'those whose names are inscribed'; there are other explanations. This is also the easy path for an outsider to achieve divinity on New Colchis. A wide variety of historical figures are worshipped as Encisi. These include predictable ones like Hypatia and Joan of Arc; they also include Benjamin Franklin, Uncle Tom (from Uncle Tom's Cabin), and Amelia Earhart. Probably the most widely venerated male deity on New Colchis, far more conspicuous than any of the Roman gods, is the ghost of Charles II of Spain, who is considered a healing spirit and wise counselor on New Colchis.

• Like 3

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Most of the work I've done on the Amazon Army base on Torchbearer has been getting features and function up.  But I have added some rooms that are mostly just for fun.  This is the spa room so far; will probably add a separate sauna room.

If you've ever been in any of the bases I've made, one thing is a given:  there will be a lot of pillars.  I am grateful that I don't have to use CoT or Japanese styled pillars any more, and that I can pick from more appropriate styles:

And now that I can use open roofs, I can add an atrium:

Thanks for sharing!  Great stuff there.  I hadn't noticed the water or grass in the base builder, but after seeing your screencaps I dug a little deeper.... wowsa! 

D

Still a work in progress, but then again when are our bases every truly finished? @.@

\ Castle Entrance /

2fc46bd49d2b0c6db6d60c4535ce25e5.jpg

-

\ Med Bay /

0f0d524edc9c73714d4392c2d28b2c30.jpg

(still need to decorate walls)

-

\ Pillar of Ice and Flame /

1e966c36f10aebf92950bf89ccc994c9.png

-

\ Foggy Haunted Graveyard in the Rain /

df5189b83b1b933d347e75f69f42d70a.png

• Like 7

While I love the massive amount of new items available - it makes me miss the base building that was actually on live. Having to figure out how to build your base with the tools we had then was part of the challenge and uniqueness of bases. With that said - I have been spending so much time in my personal base just in awe of all the new options.

Freakenstein, those are awesome.  I am assuming you are using the fog sky effect, did you use the indoor sky volume or the default sky command?  Someone on Discord was saying the two settings don't like to play nice with each other.

I've just barely gotten my base functional.

I filled the largest room with pillars to build on top of, and kept a side hall for the functional items while I work.  It's not pretty (yet). 

That cemetery is gorgeous.

Welcome to the secret sub-city headquarters of the Unofficial Roleplaying Sewer, a pollution-based Rogue Isles cabal on the so-called 'Everlasting' server.  Such optimism the idealists of Paragon City have, hm hm hm... 

Our journey begins here, after splashing into a festering cistern of raw goop (a clever ploy to weed out the weak,) with a literal dumpster fire.

Pv4gvGR.jpg

Perhaps a snack while you dry off?

gQElXRt.jpg

The nerve center of TOXXCO corporation and primary dwelling of the group's mastermind, The Final Pollution

LCLrAqV.jpg

IRa5wFl.jpg

*Burbles incoherently, pointing to the nearby monitor bank with a greasy creak of rusting metal -- profits are up!*

okACd1a.jpg

The facilities.  We're not barbarians, you know.

2bunGO7.jpg

A room belonging to one of our junior members.  I don't know what he's complaining about, he's the only one of us with an indoor toilet.

TcED2Oo.jpg

Bogwallop's room, the Wallowbog.  A hideous mutant freak who truly puts the 'wet' in 'wetwork.'  You probably shouldn't spend too much time here, or look too long at what those mushrooms are growing out of.

FHp6Ayw.jpg

An inspirational message.  Morale is important to any profitable enterprise.

grPdZ2K.jpg

Ah, the Scrub Sub, our foul egress to shores unknown~

1B5MfCj.jpg

Take us out, boys!

Pbilo4Z.jpg

I hope you've enjoyed this little tour.  You will shortly discover that you are unable to leave.  Perhaps this would be a good opportunity for us to discuss... your new career.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
UPS1xkf.png

[Let's see if I can get images to work here...]

This is actually the second base I completed (as much as bases are -ever- complete...) and my first Villain base. Since seeing the new shinies in base construction, I really wanted to try my hand at recreating my old Arachnos base. The result: The Web of Arachnos squad headquarters.

ArachnosMainHall.jpg

This is the main hall, with meeting space and transport to multiple locations, including Paragon and other dimensions, via portal.

ArachnosHangar.jpg

Here we have the team hangar, with a flyer to get pretty much anywhere within the Isles. (Flyer door has beacons connected!)

ArachnosCyberneticsLab.jpg

The Cyber Lab, with many basic medical amenities, and spare Tarantula suits for those that require more... intensive medical intervention.

ArachnosSoliderBarracks.jpg

Soldier Barracks, complete with upper level sleeping area, and armor storage for Bane and Crab combatants.

ArachnosWidowBarracks.jpg

Widow Barracks, much the same as Soldier quarters, but with embedded energy crystals for honing mental abilities and sharpening focus.

ArachnosMuBarracks.jpg

Mystic Barracks, complete with... well, we're not sure what exactly that is, but the Mu know, and we're not planning to ask.

The idea was to sort of explore how the layout might be unified in the Arachnos style, but unique to each faction. Not pictured but also part of the base is a storage area, a shooting range, and a few other surprises. It's not as exciting as a haunted graveyard in the rain, but I'm very happy with it.

• Like 2

Not the best at this kind of stuff but I do think it kind of fun in smaller doses so I messed around last night and moved the secret entrance to the med room and made a little bar for folks.  I would love to be able to put stack of cash and beer/liquor bottles on the big table I made neare the couches but I can get them on the for the life of me even using f5 for surfaces, it works other places oddly enough like the bar itself.

screenshot-190518-11-29-48.jpg

screenshot-190518-11-31-01.jpg

screenshot-190518-11-31-24.jpg

screenshot-190518-11-32-52.jpg

• Like 2

can someone give me an idiot proof guide to building above/below the base - i can get out there but cant work out how to then add floors etc

1.  enable room clipping  (F3)

2.  fill a room section from top to bottom, creating a filled wall/pillar

3.  put things on top of the filled section... outside

tips:

You can place a surface tile on top of the section and put things on it (some of the surface tiles act like floor anchors)

Filling multiple sections makes for easier building/placing things on top.

You can clear the section back down to floors and ceilings after building what you want on top (so you can build inside again)

You can move your entrance teleporter to the top

You can set the inter-base tp points to go back and forth between inside and outside

You can raise and lower items above and below the base... but you have to stay within the horizontal parameters of the actual plot.

You will need to use lamps & lights outside, as there is no ambient lighting... OR you can wait for the next patch that will allow you to enable outside ambient lighting.