Respec out old Enhancements

LightningSmurf

Not sure where to post this and not sure if it’s been addressed. Back during live I remember doing Respecs to upgrade my enhancements and anything I didn’t slot or reuse would automatically give me the inf for selling them at a store. Any reason why that’s not a thing anymore?

• Like 1

While I can't say why the automatic sale of unused enhancements doesn't happen in this version of the game, it does give you plenty of warning that you won't get anything for unslotted enhancements, and we do now have 7 enhancements trays to store enhancements we don't re-slot during respec. A dev would have to give a definite response as to why it's not coded to auto-sell enhancements, though.

I suppose it caters to the Alt-oholism. When I respec to replace early level IOs, I keep them for my alts for their early levels. Emails and AH storage can hold quite a few. I'd rather not most of them since I'll end up buying the same ones again anyway.

So now I have a handful of IOs you can slot at lvl 7, 17, 27 etc. that just end up changing hands between my alts, especially the most commonly used ones.

Also, I don't know how it was back in Live, but the AH is quite fickle now. A particular IO will fetch a different price from the store as it will from the AH -- and it can be a difference of 1 mil in the AH depending on the time and day. So if it's automatically sold from a respec, then you won't be getting the max inf you can possibly get.

8 hours ago, LightningSmurf said:

Not sure where to post this and not sure if it’s been addressed. Back during live I remember doing Respecs to upgrade my enhancements and anything I didn’t slot or reuse would automatically give me the inf for selling them at a store. Any reason why that’s not a thing anymore?

Presumably because we now have 70 slots in in our Enhancement tray, rather than 10. So we can actually keep all or most of those old Enhancements rather than having no choice but to auto-sell them.

That gives us a lot more flexibility in what to do with those enhancements we unslot. Maybe we have several sets of expensive IOs that we're swapping out and want to pass on to an alt or put on the auction house instead of either auto-selling or losing. Now we can.

Edited by Robotech_Master

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

There are also unslottters, which are relatively cheap, as well as enhancement storage in super group  bases.

At this point I hardly bother to slot enhancements until level 22. Then I slot IO's which carry my character to 30 or so. At that point I do a respec and then slot attuned set enhancements for the rest of the level grind. The level 25 IO's get recycled for the next alt.

I have yet to really dive into Purplemania for my 50's but that will probably happen at some point.

I have been setting my characters up with 15 IOs at 12, then burning the level-20 respec at 22 to pull them all out and drop them into storage before replacing them with 25 IOs. I can then mine the storage as I get alts to 12, rolling enhancements down through the line. Back in live, I'd save out Accuracy enhancements, then others in order of salvage cost to craft as I had room, accepting the sale of the rest that I couldn't keep. Rather than returning to selling back unslotted enhancements, I'd like to see a 'move all to tray' button that would take all of the 'up in the air' enhancements and move them into your enhancement trays, after which, if you had more than 70 enhancements you were dealing with, you could do the much smaller task of swapping any remaining enhancements you wanted to keep with ones that you could drop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Rather than returning to selling back unslotted enhancements, I'd like to see a 'move all to tray' button that would take all of the 'up in the air' enhancements and move them into your enhancement trays, after which, if you had more than 70 enhancements you were dealing with, you could do the much smaller task of swapping any remaining enhancements you wanted to keep with ones that you could drop.

That would definitely be a useful upgrade to the system.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

How about a more expensive unslotter that does the Whole lot of them at once? Is there enough room in the 70/trays to hold what a 50 slots?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

2 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

How about a more expensive unslotter that does the Whole lot of them at once? Is there enough room in the 70/trays to hold what a 50 slots?

No.
You can have around 95 enhancements, more or less.  More or less because someone might not slot Brawl, someone might take a prestige sprint to put a stealth IO in it, etc.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 8/22/2019 at 11:44 AM, srmalloy said:

I have been setting my characters up with 15 IOs at 12, then burning the level-20 respec at 22 to pull them all out and drop them into storage before replacing them with 25 IOs. I can then mine the storage as I get alts to 12, rolling enhancements down through the line. Back in live, I'd save out Accuracy enhancements, then others in order of salvage cost to craft as I had room, accepting the sale of the rest that I couldn't keep. Rather than returning to selling back unslotted enhancements, I'd like to see a 'move all to tray' button that would take all of the 'up in the air' enhancements and move them into your enhancement trays, after which, if you had more than 70 enhancements you were dealing with, you could do the much smaller task of swapping any remaining enhancements you wanted to keep with ones that you could drop.

Can all alts access the same storage or do you have to email them 1 enh at a time?

4 hours ago, LightningSmurf said:

Can all alts access the same storage or do you have to email them 1 enh at a time?

You can have 300 characters in an SG who can access the same storage.  All 300 can be your alts.

The only storage that can not be shared is your 'Personal Vault Storage' for salvage.  This is per character and no one else can access it.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:07 PM, Ironblade said:

No.
You can have around 95 enhancements, more or less.  More or less because someone might not slot Brawl, someone might take a prestige sprint to put a stealth IO in it, etc.

I thought that might be the case. Especially now that we have all of these inherents.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)