Flavour of the Month: 4 months in stats

Cipher

15 hours ago, Vanden said:

Well it seems pretty clear that all the controversy over the Rage crash hasn't hurt Super Strength's popularity very much.

Same for Regeneration's overall popularity next to the shinier, new, more I/O friendly and more capable sets and the absolute ridiculous popularity of Emps among the Defenders. All 13 combinations of Empathy are in the top 42 for Defenders, and 12 in the top 25.

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

10 minutes ago, Cipher said:

Extracting data and creating graphs for every AT is a significant amount of work, and probably not something we'd want to do for so many level brackets. That said, I'm happy to do a 32+ series if people want to see how the data changes at that point 🙂

Yes please!

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

If I'm reading the stats correct:

1. Brutes are magic.

2. We like to kill things with fire.

3. That WILL grow back.

• Haha 3

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

Full least used sets team, not counting VEATs and HEATs...

Stalker - Fire/Ice
Dominator - Ice/Radioactive
Corruptor - AR/TA
Sentinel - Sonic/Ice
Defender - Traps/AR
Tanker - SR/Katana
Controller - Elec/TA
Scrapper - Ice/Ice

If we add the missing ATs, we'd add;

Sonic/Plant Blaster
Ice/Ice Brute
Ninja/Sonic MM.

I feel like this would make for a very silly team.

18 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

People *still* haven't caught on to how strong the control of Earth Control is.

It's impossible to reasonably solo with certain secondaries, and it only gets marginally better. Earth/Storm is IMO the best solo set and it's grindy as hell. (I have Earth Storm at 49, had a 50 on live). 

In teams, you need time to use the potential of the set, making it irrelevant in steamroll teams except to spam cages and the ST hold. And if all you are going to do is THAT, why not bring something with a more useful secondary effects or some meaningful damage?

Late game: Quicksand is useless, has almost zero impact on a tactical level. Earthquake only slightly better. VG isn't up often enough and takes too many pulses to set in. Everything is dead.  Salt Crystals are completely useless. Stony is a great tank, but who cares?  The best thing he can do is hopefully distract a pack of adds for a few seconds.

The -def is almost completely marginalized by the late 20's, and certainly by 35. 

I love my Earth controls, but the current state of the game leaves them behind. 

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

Well, not being the most unique around with my Dark/Dark Dom, (tho it is fun and effective so don't care) but my Dark/WP brute is kinda unique.

Not surprised by the dominance of Emp for Defenders, but am a little disappointed because you know a lot of those are not taking full advantage of Emp's amazing buffs, but are instead just being healbots. Been on a few teams with aura spamming healbots sitting in the middle of the squishies and doing not much else, no Fort, etc. just rocking that aura, waiting for someone's health to drop so they can Heal other.

Was surprised to see Illusion so high for controllers, since i didn't feel like i saw too many Illusion trollers around, but as i think about it, it makes sense because that is the one set you can't do as a Dom.

4 hours ago, Cipher said:

Extracting data and creating graphs for every AT is a significant amount of work, and probably not something we'd want to do for so many level brackets. That said, I'm happy to do a 32+ series if people want to see how the data changes at that point 🙂

I would love that!! 😄

Nice to meet you, I write stuff! 😄

"A person can easily become the giver or receiver of pain.  In order to keep that from happening, one must always hold good feelings for others."

-Shiho Miyano, Detective Conan

She/her!

Yeah, it was pretty surprising to see that some of the more underpowered sets are also ultrapopular... and then there's Trick Arrow.  Poor, poor Trick Arrow.  I would have started thinking that it's specifically underpowered sets that are the most played if it wasn't for TA.

"There's no one like me in real life."

1 hour ago, Indystruck said:

Man, Trick Arrow needs some help, clearly.

I have a Grav/TA/Fire troller. Fun as hell, the TA is super spammy.

That said, I'd love to have more insight:

- which powers per powerset get chosen the least (i.e. are poweres which are nearly never picked up?)

- which patron/epic pools gets chosen the least

- which auxiliary pools gets chosen the least? also, which powers in the auxiliary gets chosen the least?

- travel power distribution?

- what % of characters have hasten? what % hasten slotted 3 recharge?

just thinking...

• City Council
1 hour ago, lmollea said:

I have a Grav/TA/Fire troller. Fun as hell, the TA is super spammy.

That said, I'd love to have more insight:

- which powers per powerset get chosen the least (i.e. are poweres which are nearly never picked up?)

- which patron/epic pools gets chosen the least

- which auxiliary pools gets chosen the least? also, which powers in the auxiliary gets chosen the least?

- travel power distribution?

- what % of characters have hasten? what % hasten slotted 3 recharge?

just thinking...

These are great ideas! While I can't make any promises, this is something I would be interested in looking at as well. If I decide to pull and graph the data, I'll be sure to share it on the forums 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

8 hours ago, Cipher said:

Well, let me explain why I chose those level ranges, and maybe it'll become more worth the effort to you, at some point in the future.  🙂 

• Level 1 ... most of these characters aren't being played.  Oh, you'll surely catch some who were just created, but if there's a lot of them, then most are just being parked on a good name, or similar.
  • Levels 2-19 ... these actually got some playtime, and were at least used to get a feel for an AT and/or powerset combination.  You can hit the mid to upper teens with only a few hours' play, if you grab a +100%XP and do several DFB runs.
  • Levels 20-39, 40-49 ... could maybe be lumped into a single category, as these represent characters actively being played.  Or coulc be split at a different point (32, as you mentioned).
  • Level 50 ... kind of self-explanatory, I should think: these are the guys doing End-Game content.

Basically ... I want to see how many of each of those ATs, powersets, etc are actually being played, and especially, played past where DFB can quickly get you ... as opposed to name-hoarding, and the like.

• Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

7 hours ago, Twintania said:

Tanker - SR/Katana

I have a SR/Katana tanker.  I thought that such a character might be ideal for soloing stuff like Dark Astoria and Praetorian story lines, and high level AE missions, while being more than adequately tough since the defence in Katana would stack with the defence in SR.  What I discovered is a character that needs all the IO endurance help the game has, and that still isn't enough.  Worse, when Reflexes was ported to tankers it was saddled with a weak taunt aura.  Since I already have two level 50 tankers, this one has fallen by the wayside for now.  May reroll the character as a scrapper or brute, where the big endurance costs will at least be repaid in DPS. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

10 hours ago, Cipher said:

Make It So.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

14 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

I have a SR/Katana tanker.  I thought that such a character might be ideal for soloing stuff like Dark Astoria and Praetorian story lines, and high level AE missions, while being more than adequately tough since the defence in Katana would stack with the defence in SR.  What I discovered is a character that needs all the IO endurance help the game has, and that still isn't enough.  Worse, when Reflexes was ported to tankers it was saddled with a weak taunt aura.  Since I already have two level 50 tankers, this one has fallen by the wayside for now.  May reroll the character as a scrapper or brute, where the big endurance costs will at least be repaid in DPS. 

Katana/WP Scrapper is my choice.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

On 8/30/2019 at 4:55 PM, Cipher said:

• The highest level veteran is just over level 1,000

Who is this other kindred soul?  I hit vet level 1,000 just a few hours after these stats were posted, so unless you were counting regular levels there's someone else out there who just loves playing one single character and nothing else.  I'm curious as to who I'm levelling against!

• Haha 2

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

2 hours ago, Cipher said:

These are great ideas! While I can't make any promises, this is something I would be interested in looking at as well. If I decide to pull and graph the data, I'll be sure to share it on the forums 🙂

Why don't you just dump the raw data and let the denizens here graph it for you? Less work for you, more fun for them. 😉

• Like 2
I'm out.

Thank you!  *goes to read*

Nice to meet you, I write stuff! 😄

"A person can easily become the giver or receiver of pain.  In order to keep that from happening, one must always hold good feelings for others."

-Shiho Miyano, Detective Conan

She/her!

1 hour ago, Cipher said:

The statistics post for level 50 characters is up. Level 2-31 and 32-49 will be posted shortly ( or realistically probably in a few hours after I sleep 😛 )

You.  Are.  AWESOME!!!one!!!!11!!!eleven!!

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism