Market Chat channel?

Sirken1138

I don't think so - and the reasons why are these (pure conjecture on my part) :
There is basically only one question - what's the biggest bang for the inf/buck? 

Many will simply say "converters". Not because it's accurate, but because it's the easy answer with quick math to make a case for the impulsive to head to the nearest merit vendor. 

The truth is that there are a number of ways to maximize inf  - either over time, or over reward merit - but if I have a pattern of behavior that gains me more than 24.3 million inf per 100 reward merits, the likely result of my sharing that method results in me not making as much. 

So -- even if I have "enough" today, I don't know if I'll have enough in the future. It would be foolish to share those strategies. 

As for other questions that may come up about the market - like "Why are chronal skips suddenly going for more than 700m?" - the answers will be mostly conjecture, aside from "that's how much they're worth right now, because people are willing to pay that price". 

All of these are easily handled in the help channel. 

7 hours ago, Ukase said:

I don't think so - and the reasons why are these (pure conjecture on my part) :
There is basically only one question - what's the biggest bang for the inf/buck? 

Many will simply say "converters". Not because it's accurate, but because it's the easy answer with quick math to make a case for the impulsive to head to the nearest merit vendor. 

The truth is that there are a number of ways to maximize inf  - either over time, or over reward merit - but if I have a pattern of behavior that gains me more than 24.3 million inf per 100 reward merits, the likely result of my sharing that method results in me not making as much. 

So -- even if I have "enough" today, I don't know if I'll have enough in the future. It would be foolish to share those strategies. 

As for other questions that may come up about the market - like "Why are chronal skips suddenly going for more than 700m?" - the answers will be mostly conjecture, aside from "that's how much they're worth right now, because people are willing to pay that price". 

All of these are easily handled in the help channel. 

Not to be a downer but at  3 converters/merit and listing at 90k/converter will get you 27 million gross/ 100 merits and 24.3 million net with almost no effort.

On 9/3/2019 at 2:36 PM, TheAdjustor said:

Not to be a downer but at  3 converters/merit and listing at 90k/converter will get you 27 million gross/ 100 merits and 24.3 million net with almost no effort.

If I had to settle for 24.3 million for 100 reward merits - that would be a downer. Selling a converter is a recommended approach for those who lack the time, inclination or the knowledge of how to make more. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheAdjustor said:

Better to light a candle than curse the darkness

It's created channel name: The Market

For the night is dark and full of terrors.

I’ll be in that number tomorrow. Passing up a potential Market resource would be foolish.

Edited by Myrmidon

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

3 minutes ago, Robotech_Master said:

Except for the effort it took you to earn the merits...

Fastest ways to earn merits is a separate thread and issue. If you want to go down that can of worms though there's at least three different topics. How long does it take to convert merits and unload on the market vs whatever his patience strategy takes for added profit vs how much you can earn doing anything else..

It's a given  that you have the merit wealth otherwise the discussion is pointless as you can't convert what you don't have into cash.

Edited by TheAdjustor

I am working on some fun things this group could do together. I keep thinking about all those hacker v hacker scenes in movies where they each have to break into some super duper secure website or something and the first one to get in wins the job/prize/chance to live. Thought a fun thing would be to hold marketing heats where 2 players are pitted against eachother with nothing but a little seed INF and they have to race to a certain INF goal or maybe attain a certain purple set or something crazy. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

Was anyone in The Luck Charmers back on live? I forget what the channel was actually called, but that was the nickname we used. Back in the days before Inf rained in buckets from the skies, we were the dirty arbitragers that made sure that everyone with money had supply on whatever they wanted, and that everyone who wanted to quick-sell had buyers (e.g. we bought low and flipped high). Now I don't even bother to play the market. Just buy playing the game I get nearly more Inf/Merits than I can spend, don't even need to farm AE.