Tanker Tuesdays

Tiffany Seville

Hi all,

Looks like our last "5th TT" was on Excel, so that means we'll be running an All Tanker MSR on Torch 5/30. Now... the potential bad part. I might not be able to make this one. I'll have to see how things play out. But, iirc last time we determined the Event coordinator needs to start a Raid Instance and from there invite everyone to the league. You must be at least level 35 to join the event. And we'll have one TT vet in King's Row to help coordinate the invites. We'll invite the Rep right before we kick off the raid. Other than that, same place same time, just need someone as our "alt event coordinator" (if I'm not able to make it). Any volunteers?

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

10 hours ago, Warboss said:

Hi all,

Looks like our last "5th TT" was on Excel, so that means we'll be running an All Tanker MSR on Torch 5/30. Now... the potential bad part. I might not be able to make this one. I'll have to see how things play out. But, iirc last time we determined the Event coordinator needs to start a Raid Instance and from there invite everyone to the league. You must be at least level 35 to join the event. And we'll have one TT vet in King's Row to help coordinate the invites. We'll invite the Rep right before we kick off the raid. Other than that, same place same time, just need someone as our "alt event coordinator" (if I'm not able to make it). Any volunteers?

Probably not experienced enough to start the MSR, but I can certainly handle the KR duties of referring names/coordinating the invites, to whoever is leading the instance.

Edited by PLVRIZR
reworded

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

1 hour ago, PLVRIZR said:

Probably not experienced enough to start the MSR, but I can certainly handle the KR duties of referring names/coordinating the invites, to whoever is leading the instance.

If you want some help, I have a nice script for the MSR.
Handles zone or instanced.  Has standard pylon order, macro buttons for calls, etc.
By "standard order":

RtR-PylonOrder-2.0.png

You can find it here:

Literally click and play

MSRHC.thumb.jpg.2cf51ce5112b84891bf1b18775a67967.jpg

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Good run on Excel tonight. We had four teams, two Ms Lib TFs and two missions teams. Thanks for running the TFs Pep and PLV, and thanks for running missions MsA and Col.

screenshot_230502-18-48-27.thumb.jpg.ce4ab1203aa1d367dc15fdb344296178.jpgscreenshot_230502-18-50-44.thumb.jpg.c032ec52b6fda184e4310eba185bfc2f.jpgscreenshot_230502-18-50-56.thumb.jpg.f736f29cc413c74d02682f0af27a29ed.jpgscreenshot_230502-18-52-36.thumb.jpg.927609284e23c2021ccea496f1d3a838.jpgscreenshot_230502-19-04-08.thumb.jpg.0f03d1e67e9eb338725ba308ad61ae96.jpgscreenshot_230502-19-12-04.thumb.jpg.2853f1b5b1c068b805ce4e8bcf2728c9.jpgscreenshot_230502-19-12-10.thumb.jpg.4943dcacc150dfbccabeb6a4d05498d6.jpg

5/9 we're back on Torch! Meet in King's Row by IP gate at 6 pm PDT/9 pm EDT. See you then!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

11 hours ago, Warboss said:

Good run on Excel tonight. We had four teams, two Ms Lib TFs and two missions teams. Thanks for running the TFs Pep and PLV, 

Welcome!  We had a blast.  Seven tanks finished in right at 1:00!  The AVs and LR were a bit of a slog, in the end, but my Elec/Elec tank sucessfully tanked LR!

I also wanted to shout out to @Big Gotter, who joined TT last night (wasn't on my team but ran the skinny old man toon in WB's screenies).  I swapped out NUTCRCKR, before the event, but pointed out that BGs farms were one of the reason NUT recently hit Vet Level 500 (along with a gazillion +4/8 ITF runs).  If you haven't had the pleasure of running the "Tunnel Fire Farm (with or without EBs)", you're missing out.  Thanks again for your contribution to the game and hope to see you on future Tanker Tuesdays!

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

9 minutes ago, PLVRIZR said:

Welcome!  We had a blast.  Seven tanks finished in right at 1:00!  The AVs and LR were a bit of a slog, in the end, but my Elec/Elec tank sucessfully tanked LR!

Respect.  He seemed able to do more damage against my Rad/Axe later in the fight than I saw you taking when you were keeping him busy solo.  Not sure what I do that makes AVs so mad, but they do like my Rad tankers even in a crowd of other tankers. 🤪  Maybe it's the -regen in Rad Therapy?

We definitely make it "interesting" when we didn't take out the red tower.  I remember someone said something like  "Bah! Red Tower?  We're tankers!"

Three or four Witty deaths later, we were victorious!

13 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Respect.  He seemed able to do more damage against my Rad/Axe later in the fight than I saw you taking when you were keeping him busy solo.

Thanks, Brother.  Some of that may have also been the regen.  For the 2 min. Hasten is up, there's only 10 sec. downtime with Energize and ~450% regen.  He's 52% Melee defense and well over 90% resists (for everything but Toxic and Psi...well and Negative, but really close there).  I did use a couple greens, during Energize cooldown, but only a couple, and might have made it without.  I think he did as well as my Inv/SS did, a couple months back, which is saying alot. 😆

1 hour ago, PLVRIZR said:

Thanks, Brother.  Some of that may have also been the regen.  For the 2 min. Hasten is up, there's only 10 sec. downtime with Energize and ~450% regen.  He's 52% Melee defense and well over 90% resists (for everything but Toxic and Psi...well and Negative, but really close there).  I did use a couple greens, during Energize cooldown, but only a couple, and might have made it without.  I think he did as well as my Inv/SS did, a couple months back, which is saying alot. 😆

Interesting.  Betting it's the melee defense then.  Recluse only has one -def attack, his Arm Lash.  Depending on how often he uses it you might only have -10 or -15% melee defense on you at any given time.   And he has a fair number of melee attacks.  I generally ignore defense on my Rads but now I wonder how much better my alternate Samurai Houston (Rad/TW) or my Rad/Staffer would do.  They can both generate a lot of melee defense with defensive attacks in the rotation.  Something to think about... 

8 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Interesting.  Betting it's the melee defense then.  Recluse only has one -def attack, his Arm Lash.  Depending on how often he uses it you might only have -10 or -15% melee defense on you at any given time.   And he has a fair number of melee attacks.  I generally ignore defense on my Rads but now I wonder how much better my alternate Samurai Houston (Rad/TW) or my Rad/Staffer would do.  They can both generate a lot of melee defense with defensive attacks in the rotation.  Something to think about... 

And due to no inherent DDR, I took Ageless (Radial), but only T3, at the moment (I think VT is only VL 20-ish), so not a WHOLE bunch of DDR.

2 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

And due to no inherent DDR, I took Ageless (Radial), but only T3, at the moment (I think VT is only VL 20-ish), so not a WHOLE bunch of DDR.

A little Defense doesn't hurt.
Look at it as an ablative armor.

Sure, Debuff will eventually eliminate it.
But until it's gone, it's a chance to completely AVOID damage.
Rather than just reducing it.

So, if it takes a minute to go *Poof*, that's still a minute where you're not taking damage.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Fun times on Torch tonight. We had two teams, first team ran Citadel (and I passed the star to PLV (thanks for leading PLV) and the MsA took the missions team who ended up running a Yin. Teams merged after and we went on Tanking. I should say that Spaghetti Betty took the star for some missions after the Citadel TF and before the teams merged, thank you for taking the lead.

screenshot_230509-18-54-31.thumb.jpg.065e8c99c0606abd5caa878f2a59fb2e.jpg

screenshot_230509-18-56-06.thumb.jpg.5db3bf03333145da7466125c74b350f2.jpg

screenshot_230509-18-56-09.thumb.jpg.e22c4d7a04a085db10ebc0caafc77473.jpg

screenshot_230509-19-36-23.thumb.jpg.0babcd4f089ab96d85af9bbe7ee79135.jpg

screenshot_230509-19-49-23.thumb.jpg.7aa5aa6d1277e4f2d01208aac1c5bf58.jpg

Next week (5/16) we're on Everlasting! See you in King's Row at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT by Independence Port Gate!

• Thumbs Up 2

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Fun times on Torch tonight. We had two teams, first team ran Citadel (and I passed the star to PLV (thanks for leading PLV)

Happy to...and we had a blast!  Not sure who dropped on the LFG port, but we ran seven tanks on a +2/8 kill most (like you have much choice on Cit), even killing (errr arresting) all the way to Vandal and finished in 53 min.  Fun times and many levels (WB, you got three, right:  lvl 39 - 42?) were had.

9 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Yay! I was there!

Always a pleasure to have you SB and... Ha!  Not only were you there but this "leader" was constantly chasing you and your darned speedster...what with Electric Armor and Lighning Reflexes and probably a Synapse's Shock run speed mixed in there somewhere 😆 

Also, not much else in this game compares to seven tanks herding nearly 100 Council in a giant room, then melting them away with multiple tanker AOE attacks, ah so satisfying.  If you haven't checked out a TTT, you're really missing out.  See ya'll next Tuesday on Everlasting, for sure!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

Not only were you there but this "leader" was constantly chasing you and your darned speedster...what with Electric Armor and Lighning Reflexes and probably a Synapse's Shock run speed mixed in there somewhere 😆

It wasn't just you. My temporary minions had a blast chasing me for a couple of missions too! Or at least I'm pretending they did

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

We hand another fun run on Everlasting tonight. We had three teams, one Hess TF (thanks for leading PLV), and two missions teams (thanks for leading the other one MsA). My team ran AVs and radios almost got Diabolique, but couldn't get past her "runaway and regen" at level 54 w/o debuffing. Oh, well, we'll come prepared next month. Oh, also got in on a Rikti invasion, that was fun.

screenshot_230516-19-30-25.thumb.jpg.2377bf74157aea0a40de1b0984518121.jpgscreenshot_230516-19-56-03.thumb.jpg.10970ff814994e6e30c31316c1722b8f.jpgscreenshot_230516-20-07-15.thumb.jpg.47b0aa130d73aca07b6b9cb577c3d910.jpgAnot

This Sat we're on Reunion at 9:30AM PDT, and next Tuesday we're back on Indom at the usual time and place.

See you all in game!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

We hand another fun run on Everlasting tonight. We had three teams, one Hess TF (thanks for leading PLV)

My pleasure, as always.  What a great Hess run we had.  Full team but a mix of Ex'd Incarnates, SO builds and leveling tanks.  Finished a +2 KM in 42 min.  Lots of laughs and Witty only died a couple of times, as well!

Hope to be on Reunion on Saturday (what should we be up to level-wise?  30-ish?) but definitely on Indom, next week.

Edited by PLVRIZR
reworded

Another fun filled TT on Indom. We had two teams, a missions team (thank you for leading MsA), and a Sutter TF team (thank you for leading ZemX). After which we ran missions and got Dreck (the ultimate herding map!).

screenshot_230523-18-15-19.thumb.jpg.167104f27b9e42d0cefca39364756f2a.jpg

screenshot_230523-18-19-13.thumb.jpg.b663c57715c9f99e062d79e796f55a91.jpg

screenshot_230523-18-31-06.thumb.jpg.9fb43366c51907a89fa469385a91de12.jpg

screenshot_230523-18-32-27.thumb.jpg.6171cad1202a4b6826adb9b116935766.jpg

screenshot_230523-18-37-45.thumb.jpg.e4cea74ba1de9628d3473136b69807c7.jpg

screenshot_230523-18-38-15.thumb.jpg.64e0b2eab0c9a447be306e4a0ea7a21b.jpg

screenshot_230523-18-46-50.thumb.jpg.78fb4c35ab86872477371c6c998c31e0.jpg

screenshot_230523-19-24-10.thumb.jpg.15a420ff03185f357dd82e45fd10c5e9.jpg

5/30 brings us to another "5th" Tuesday. This time we'll be running it on Torch and holding an MSR! It will be instanced so you'll need to be at least level 35 to join. I might not be able to attend this one, so we'll need another TTer to be ready to run should I not be able to show up. Just remember to have the league leader enter the instance first then invite everyone else. One TT vet should stay behind in King's to coordinate the Tanks joining. After which they will be invited.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

I was a little surprised how well going after Praetorian Duray first worked.  Seems like every other PuG team I've run Sutter with always claims chasing Primal Duray all over the map as he teleports is "The Way", except he's a pain to run down and as his health goes down he spawns massive waves of Skyraiders and Skiffs, which is usually where many PuGs take massive losses.  Only thing you have to worry about attacking Praetorian Duray first is the air strikes...

... unless you're there's with a whole group of Tanks! 😀

• Thumbs Up 2

Great fun tonight on Torch. We ran our 5th Tuesday of the month as a MSR. Fourteen Tanks vs all the Rikti in the zone, wasn't even a match. We even took out the dropship, fourteen of us!! Missions and AVs followed. Thanks to all who helped with the event, attended and contributed missions after.

screenshot_230530-18-33-13.thumb.jpg.9607bfd1717c4de6fe17fbd8336c2216.jpg

screenshot_230530-18-33-51.thumb.jpg.84a194ec90b85538fa6e686c338a1402.jpg

screenshot_230530-18-37-13.thumb.jpg.b77155454c329733a0cf739c72208e55.jpg

screenshot_230530-19-03-58.thumb.jpg.02d32f7992a256d69a5d5131c5cc76ba.jpg

screenshot_230530-19-04-58.thumb.jpg.d4e7681536167cb27cdb32558c2c9001.jpg

screenshot_230530-19-05-04.thumb.jpg.6b00100cf9927e6952656b0de28a93d8.jpg

screenshot_230530-19-32-55.thumb.jpg.a805f11c88550dc83916e17b83510055.jpg

6/6 we're back on Excel. Meeting in King's Row by IP Gate at 6PM PDT/9PM EDT and we'll get rolling from there!

screenshot_230530-19-04-56.jpg

screenshot_230530-19-04-56_1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Another great run on Excel. All said I think we had four teams. Two Hannons (Thanks for leading MsA and...Lady Grams (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong ), one Numina's (thanks for leading Shanawdithit), and a missions team. I was pretty busy with stuff tonight so no pics, but many, many, many levels. We got to meet some new TTers and had a blast. Just something to think about but what about an MSR for next month's TT on Excel. We have the numbers and with the current turnout level would not need to instance it. If that sounds good, what times/days does Excel MSR? Let me know and we can work it out.

6/13 we're on Torch. Meeting in King's Row by IP Gate at 6PM PDT/9PM EDT and we'll get rolling from there!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Katie Team Two - a.k.a. Seventeen Times the Victor!    Yeah... we "accidentally" started KHTF at +2 with eight tankers.   We made it as far as Seven Times the Victor before it became clear it would be faster to restart at +0 and finish the entire rest of the TF than defeat the next three Marys, the current of which was already a +4 AV.  We'd get her down to half or less and then she'd don her track shoes and drag us all over the map aggroing random witches while we tried, unsuccessfully to stay ahead of her regen.  Many envenomed daggers were lost for good.

Kudos to the entire team for sticking with it through a restart at +0.  We finished the rest of the thing without incident.  I attempted to dumpster dive a witch's cauldron in the cave map with little success.  We were kind of spread out but it ended up more Goblin Hot Tub than Dumpster Dive.  But you know, these things have to be tested... for science!

Speaking of which, I attempted to provide the appetizer last night... unsuccessfully.   I ran an Ouro World Wide Red up to spawning Kronos but when I LRTd to Kings Row, it failed to show up.   Leaving to base and returning didn't produce any better results.  Taking the tram to Talos however... spawned the Titan.  So a random crew of Talos Islanders near the Tram helped me dispose of it properly.  There are a couple different things to try.  It's said the Titan won't spawn in Atlas, so I could go there and tram to KR... see if that does it.  Or SG base to KR.   I wouldn't think there is any blanket restriction on it showing up in KR since the zone also features Paladin.  It might be the method of entering the zone matters for the trigger.  More experimentation to follow!

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, turns out I only took two pictures myself this time.

First, a nice sized crowd.  I think we added even a few more after this shot was taken.

image.thumb.jpeg.a916ef59a7f22f6a372113ada0dd07b2.jpeg

And last, as promised.... RED CAP HOT TUB!!

image.thumb.jpeg.15b90875bc0422d9857720b8a0c84c6c.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey all...

I just wanted to say thanks again for letting me join in on the fun last night. 🙂 Being on my lvl 46 Inv/SS Tank (Tobor) after being away for so long brought back some good, fun memories. I just hope I pulled my metal weight good enough is all lol. Maybe next time I'll have "another" Tank to join the fray, though I am sorta stuck on a nice, fun concept to make. Leaning towards ?/Dark, but I am not exactly sure. Willpower? Invulnerability again? Not sure. In either case, I just wanted to say Tanks' again, and I look forward to maybe joining in on the Tank'ard of fun again next week. 🙂

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...