Tanker Tuesdays

Tiffany Seville

18 minutes ago, Warboss said:

Great fun on Everlasting tonight. A good turnout with enough Tanks for four teams! Thanks for leading the "Tera-Spec" Ronin, and thanks to MsA and Agoogala for leading the other missions team. Welcome to all the new faces and it's always good to see our returning TTers.

We ran missions, fought WL both in zone and his realm, and participated in a Nemi invasion. All-in-all a fun event.

12/27 we're back on Indom! See ya' there! Same Tank time, same Tank location!

Oh, and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all!

Yes, a good time all around! Always good to see new faces on a TT.

But watch what your saying next time there are youngin's on the team, PapaS 😉

screenshot_221220-18-57-00.thumb.jpg.23987fb3fda79080f91a26b46f4db0c6.jpg

screenshot_221220-19-37-54.thumb.jpg.99846e32eaf5a097842ca09d1250ec55.jpg

screenshot_221220-20-07-04.thumb.jpg.1e26d009eef2eb584f6a67d7c98c0a6d.jpg

Happy Solstice all! The days will be getting longer again!

And Happy Holidays to all!

Good times on Indom tonight. I think we had enough for 3 teams (I was a bit distracted by RL) and Ronin took the league star. Thanks to Agoogala for leading Posi 1 and 2 for us. Thanks to Ronin for leading Citadel, and thanks for MsA for taking the missions team (my apologies if I missed any team leads). Oh, and we opened with 3 Palis, thanks for wrangling those Agoogala

screenshot_221227-17-59-06.thumb.jpg.38c0353476c0a6134a98043102c8d482.jpg

screenshot_221227-18-39-22.thumb.jpg.e629da92bd55e2725a1cebefbb92fc60.jpg

screenshot_221227-18-44-48.thumb.jpg.54911483b77289bc1032206a9a75d2d9.jpg

screenshot_221227-18-48-24.thumb.jpg.70320538b3d2626e0cd0e627845d63bd.jpg

Next week were back 1/3/23 we're back on Excel. Meet in King's Row by IP Gate at 6:00 PM PT/9:00 PM ET and we'll get rolling form there!

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

Happy New Year to all, and we started out the new year with a great turnout on Excel. Enough Tankers showed up for 5 teams!! We ran 3 Tin Mage/Apex teams and two missions team. Thanks to Agoogala, and Ronin for taking the other two Tin/Pex's and thanks to MsA and Umann for taking the missions team. Unfortunately I was busy with tells and TT organizing and forgot to take the lens cap off my camera, so no pics this week.

My team got bogged down with Battle Maiden so we were unable to run Tin Mage, but still a good time.

next week we're back on Torch. Same Tank time, this time Torch! See you then!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Apparently there are some network issues affecting some of servers today (see below).

Hopefully they are able to resolve these before the event tonight, but as it stands Torchbearer, where we are due to run is currently down, with Everlasting being the only functioning server at the moment.

If need be we could move the event to Everlasting and redo Torch next week but will see if they can get the issue resolved first.

CipherToday at 3:12 PM

@here Our hosting provider is experiencing network outages that are affecting our infrastructure. We are unable to provide an ETA for resolution at this time but will keep you updated if we hear anything. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Two TF teams tonight, thanks for running Yin Witty. My team ran Synapse and on the CWK mission Posi shorted up the freezy ray. No worries the Tanks handled the situation in usual Tanky fashion. Then we merged with the Yin TF team and finished the event with a Northstar beat down! Fun times.

Although it looks like Glowworm is hitting me, he's really taking on a Clock Work.

screenshot_230110-19-47-22.thumb.jpg.fdab290539719c005a9b462805f2fc8b.jpg

screenshot_230110-19-47-34_1.thumb.jpg.5648a70650dd97b7546e9273d50a52b8.jpg

Penny, the CWK is down...

screenshot_230110-19-47-40.thumb.jpg.1cc339b40c4572c590f3099476987aaf.jpg

Northstar blowing bubbles at us.

screenshot_230110-19-59-31.thumb.jpg.9d8e0c8234b8caa9c9a5c12c9e71b8de.jpg

Next TT on Everlasting (1/17). Meet in King's Row at 6:00 PM PT/9:00 PM ET and we'll get rolling from there!

Also TTTR (Reunion) on the 21st at 9:30AM Pacific Time.

See you next time!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Great turnout on Everlasting tonight. We were able to run two ITF teams (thanks Ronin and MsA for leading them, and two missions teams (thank for leading the second missions team Dark-Shield). After getting everyone in range, one of the missions team was able to speed an ITF, so 3 teams running ITFs tonight. Very fun and fast paced.

Oh yeah, we got to do the Pali beat down at the start. I thought I had my lens cap off, but no other pics this week.

screenshot_230117-17-59-24.thumb.jpg.d4fb19bf3ad63fdadf2df219f87a1451.jpg

1/21, we're on Reunion for TTT and starting new Tanks! Meet at 9:30 AM PT by the King's Row Tram and we'll get rolling from there!

1/24, we're back on Indom, meet in King's Row at 6:00 PM PT.

See you all soon!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Yes, we had a great run on Ronin's team, finished in 50 min. with six tanks.  Thanks again, Ronin!  We even had a TT first timer ding 50 (I believe they started at lvl 46 or 47), so that was the feather in our cap 😁

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Hi all,

Although a bit late (meant to get this out at the beginning of the year), I'd like to thank everyone that participates in Tanker Tuesdays. As you all know (and if you don't, now you do) Tanker Tuesdays is arguably the longest running player run teaming event in any MMO. We couldn't have done without all of you participating in our events. From the team leads, to the event leads, down to the players that join us at every event. We couldn't have done it without you. So, lets  give ourselves a round of applause for  all we've accomplished over the years. I know one biggest my favorite events was pulling off an all Tanker Hami raid back on live (especially since they said it couldn't be done). And to my knowledge we've run almost all content with Tanks only! That said, I've just about competed my bucket list for TT "must does". I know Ronin is spoiling for rematch on CoP, and we'll figure that out. Please let me know (post here or contact through the forum email) if there are any "bucket list" items/events you'd like to see us run. On Reunion, we are currently running a level 0 to "x" event, which will continue next month (Feb). We've received very positive feed back on this, and had requests for this and given power set teaming (like the all shield ITF, all Fiery Melee event, etc...) on other servers. As our success has been based on all our participants, please feel free to approach us with an event idea. We post here and usual have "brief" description of upcoming events in the TankHQ public channel.

Take care all, see you in game and keep TANKING!

• Thumbs Up 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

A good night on Indomitable tonight.  Two teams running with ColTech leading the Yin TF and MsA leading the mission team and a late Yin as well.

A giant squid was also stopped from terrorizing Independence Port and a few AVs were slapped around.

Lens cap was on for most of the night but did get the squid.

screenshot_230124-19-50-34.thumb.jpg.54977425cc0151c1b3ad30c630b6b7f0.jpg

See you all next week for an All Tank MSR on Excel.

I arrived late due to some RL issues, so thanks for getting things up and running. Thanks to Ronin and MsA for taking the teams. I was able to get on the missions team and run a Yin, so not a total loss for me.

1/31 we have our first 5th Tuesday of 2023! We'll be on Excel. Meet in King's Row at 6:00 PM PT and we'll load into an instanced MSR. So, you must be at least level 35 for this event.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

10 hours ago, Warboss said:

1/31 we have our first 5th Tuesday of 2023! We'll be on Excel. Meet in King's Row at 6:00 PM PT and we'll load into an instanced MSR. So, you must be at least level 35 for this event.

I believe you also need to have the "Member of Vanguard" badge, no?

10 hours ago, Warboss said:

I arrived late due to some RL issues, so thanks for getting things up and running. Thanks to Ronin and MsA for taking the teams.

Yeah, we finished the whole first run and dispatched Clamor in 23 min., so thanks again to Ronin for organizing and Col (who got the LFG star-swap) for actually leading Team 1.  As I have said before, if you haven't respec'd your SS tanks, having Foot Stomp (I ran my titular toon, last night) for Yin, or any other exemp down to 25, is absolutely wonderful 😆

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

25 minutes ago, PLVRIZR said:

As I have said before, if you haven't respec'd your SS tanks, having Foot Stomp (I ran my titular toon, last night) for Yin, or any other exemp down to 25, is absolutely wonderful 😆

I know I appreciated being able to punch the floor with my Rad/Rad's Atom Smasher. 😈

I definitely need to dust off and finish leveling Captain Subatomic, my Rad/SS... because I don't have as many Rad toons as @Warboss yet!

Tanker Tuesday Tentacle Trouble!

screenshot_230124-20-40-41.thumb.jpg.0a44a4f497a404c51208103fa22a1d1d.jpg

Taken care of...

screenshot_230124-20-52-35.thumb.jpg.436187cd6134ba8e760bd1065f053664.jpg

Peaceful waters... once again...

screenshot_230124-20-53-12.thumb.jpg.984d6d0553a073cb56cc048aabc6d413.jpg

Infernal causing trouble this time...

screenshot_230124-21-14-30.thumb.jpg.19bc6c301ad3e0a10cbb3f770292332d.jpg

Tanks vs. Tankers... and Blast Furnace "helping"...

screenshot_230124-21-23-18.thumb.jpg.abe88d8c26f836612b5c4f9e0676a647.jpg

Blast Furnace?  You there dude?

screenshot_230124-21-23-19.thumb.jpg.a3e7ac82b5f548b8f284944f77d1f5ac.jpg

On 1/25/2023 at 6:57 AM, ZemX said:

I believe you also need to have the "Member of Vanguard" badge, no?

That's a good question. I didn't think so, but I'll look into and post back here. Unless someone else knows. Please confirm Zem's suspicion.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

12 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

To participate?
No.
To gain Vanguard Merits?  Yes.

Unless this has been addressed, I see old posts about MSR instanced raids saying it is a hard requirement:

If someone out there has a 35+ without the Member of Vanguard badge, the easy way to confirm this is probably to see if they can queue and enter the MSR instance themselves.  That's actually the method suggested in that thread to avoid certain other issues with forming the raid.  Again, not sure if those issues have since been addressed by Homecoming team or not.

Okay a quick test on Torch with Zem's help revealed the following:

Level 35, required to join

Vanguard badge, required to join (and get VG merits)

So, bring a 35+, member of Vanguard Tank. Remember we need at least 12 50s if we're going to run a full league (I can dream), and the more 50s the less painful for us and the more mayhem we can bring to the Rikti!

Apparently last night's edits didn't stick, so here's the rest of it.

Bring a flight pack temp of some kind if you can't fly. Holds, immobs and ranged attacks help with taking down the dropship.

See you on Excel, on the 31! Meet in King's Row as usual, I'll already have the instance going and invite folks in from there.

Edited by Warboss

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Well, fun times on Excel tonight. Learned a few things about instanced MSRs though, so next one should go a little smoother. Thanks all for joining us tonight and sticking with it until we got the league worked out. Good run, after the MSR we ran Yin and then a mission, so a fun and productive night. We also had a couple of Palis show up to wish us well on our MSR, but my camera didn't get a shot of them. Thanks to all the team leads and MsA for taking the 2nd Yin team.

screenshot_230131-18-06-10.thumb.jpg.e83b4080b81ceeff4a03e8ac9c195b43.jpg

screenshot_230131-18-56-01.thumb.jpg.0d8f76df1c38197241ae16878d8cdc10.jpg

Going...

screenshot_230131-19-20-27.thumb.jpg.1324675837def995f114176bc5c12059.jpg

Going....

screenshot_230131-19-20-13.thumb.jpg.86cd5b18f7366618f3daec4366d624fb.jpg

Gone!! Dropship wrecking courtesy of the Excel Tanks!

screenshot_230131-19-20-57.thumb.jpg.94a6fecf1b2c53b58eb70652d1c4dd39.jpg

Next week we're back on Excel to start February's Tanker Tuesdays. Meet in King's Row by IP Gate at 6:00 PM PT/9:00 PM ET and we'll get rolling from there!

screenshot_230131-19-20-23.jpg

Edited by Warboss
  • Thanks 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

So my fellow tankers can remind me, the next time we do this. Here's the format we should use for an instanced MSR:

Raid leader does these things:

1) Raid leader forms the instance and enters

2) Raid leader invites others to the league (they zone in once they accept the invite).

3) Raid leader moves invitees to teams once they have entered the zone.  50's should be invite first (there's and "ordering issue")

4) Make sure 50s are team leads

5) We should have one vet player (zone contact) stay behind in loading zone (King's Row), in communication with the raid leader to make sure everyone gets into the league. We'll invite the zone contact before the raid starts.

To join the league, players need to do this PRIOR to the raid:

1) Get/receive the Vanguard badge

2) Be at least level 35 (prior to the raid)

3) Suggested: Get flight pack or have the Fly power, Ranged, Holds and Immobs all help bring down the dropship, Envenomed Dagger help (good to have on hand, always)

4) Be patient, things happen in league mode/events. The leaders are working to sort things out.

Please post if you have other helpful insights.

See you next Tuesday!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Thing I learned: Bring breakfrees.  "Stunned" isn't something you see a lot in this line of work but enough Rikti Magi working in concert seem to be able to manage it.  Didn't kill me, but got closer than I'd like.

I also stock up on Resuscitator charges at P2W.  Since this is a no-Defenders clubhouse, we sometimes gotta handle clean-up duty for our fellow Tankers ourselves.  Recall Friend would be handy to go with this too.  

Lastly, I don't know if everyone is as bad at it as I am, but I often forget I'm an Incarnate with a T4 barrier.  It's too chaotic an event to really coordinate usage of barriers, but if everyone who has them (and other handy Destiny powers) religiously uses them on cooldown, we'll probably end up with decent random coverage.  It's a big help to the non-incarnate under-50 tanks who join us.

• Thumbs Up 2

Agreed, and thank you for posting all those insights ZemX. I had forgotten how bad the Magi were when stacked up like that, also a decent amount of PSi flying around from the priests. I forgot to swap to Barrier, I'll have to do that before the next one. I did however have Resuscitator, or the one from the hospital day badge. It worked okay, but getting a clearing when you're not grabbing aggro can be tough.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

I've been meaning to at least pick up Combat Teleport on a Tanker to get used to it for all those annoying enemies that like to glue my boots to the floor.  I'll see if I can fit CT and Recall in there both.  Since hosp is in-zone in the MSR, Recall Friend is better than even bothering with rez.  Drop someone right back in the bowl after rez and hopefully they catch a Barrier before too long.

Hi all,

Great turnout on Excel tonight. Four teams, 2 Citadel, 1 Woodsman and one missions team. Thanks for leading MsA, Stormangel, and Agoogala!

screenshot_230207-19-05-05.thumb.jpg.b2976c4e2668a2f22c5b3803df3456f7.jpg

screenshot_230207-19-05-10.thumb.jpg.c792a5fb88a3f440d3ef5d986ec12075.jpg

screenshot_230207-19-08-48.thumb.jpg.78ad9447417363b246d7a238fe0370df.jpg

2/14 We're on Torch. Meet in King's Row at 6:00 PM PT.

See you then!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable