Tanker Tuesdays

Tiffany Seville

15 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

The last couple of Mary spawns had us whiffing pretty hard. Mary's Hurricane was hitting us with a -62% Tohit debuff. We have solutions for this, and they are called Inspirations.

Focused Accuracy is another solution for Tankers.  I never skip it on Rad Armor because I get hit by every debuff in the game.   Tankers get the best toHit debuff resistance out of FA, topping out at 86.5% at level 50.   On a Katie Hannon at level 34, it would be 70.5%.  Still very nice and means I mostly laugh at Cabal Witches and Tsoo Sorcerers and their hurricanes... provided I am not exemplared below 30. 😏

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Focused Accuracy is another solution for Tankers.  I never skip it on Rad Armor because I get hit by every debuff in the game.   Tankers get the best toHit debuff resistance out of FA, topping out at 86.5% at level 50.   On a Katie Hannon at level 34, it would be 70.5%.  Still very nice and means I mostly laugh at Cabal Witches and Tsoo Sorcerers and their hurricanes... provided I am not exemplared below 30. 😏

Oh, definitely. It's unfortunately one of the last things I end up slotting in my build. Don't plan on fighting too many +5 AVs without backup sub-50.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

4 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Oh, definitely. It's unfortunately one of the last things I end up slotting in my build. Don't plan on fighting too many +5 AVs without backup sub-50.

Yeah, the good news (or bad news depending how you want to look at it) is that it's a lot more generally useful to my zero-defense Rad Armor tankers, so I take it at 35.   Basically any group of toHit debuffers can otherwise disable me by stacking toHit with normal attacks that a Defense tanker would dodge.

Good times on Torch tonight. Only two teams, but I don't think we did PSAs (if we did, sorry I didn't see them). We ran and ITF team (thanks for leading PLV), and thanks to MsA for running the missions team. We had a few new players to TT tonight, so welcome to the event!

Taking/Tanking the bridge

screenshot_230314-18-28-42.thumb.jpg.6aa9b535b8c0e26bf0e14ad6131ba8c3.jpg

Taking the dance floor with Romi

screenshot_230314-18-37-12.thumb.jpg.b440fa71ca661f01ad918567872607a6.jpg

Tanks holding Romi, he looked like he needed a hug.

screenshot_230314-18-48-11.thumb.jpg.571d25109b0ad59e544568c9982285a4.jpg

Towers!

screenshot_230314-18-51-01.thumb.jpg.5d8bd703a7edf3b187d2909a05a5701f.jpg

screenshot_230314-18-51-07.thumb.jpg.9c0aeedc3327379453e66e84db854169.jpg

03/21 we're back on Everlasting. Meet in King's Row by IP gate at 6 pm PDT/9 pm EDT. See you then!

screenshot_230314-19-20-54.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

11 hours ago, Warboss said:

Good times on Torch tonight. Only two teams, but I don't think we did PSAs (if we did, sorry I didn't see them). We ran and ITF team (thanks for leading PLV), and thanks to MsA for running the missions team. We had a few new players to TT tonight, so welcome to the event!

NP and wow what fun.  Seven tanks finished a kill-most in 41 min.  Also glad to see some new TT-ers.  Welcome!

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

19 hours ago, Warboss said:

Tanks holding Romi, he looked like he needed a hug

We brought the ice... Warboss brought the Ice Pick!

image.thumb.jpeg.29840f05e66d8f771acf606e8f6d29a1.jpeg

This one just looks neat to me.  Cool on the left.  Hot on the right.  Plus some innovative err... propulsion technique from our Martial Artist on the left?

image.thumb.jpeg.fd4627f1bedc905e7398e7ef19c593f1.jpeg

I really need to make some macros to tone down particles for screenshots.  Otherwise I only occasionally get lucky enough to show the team without too much obscuring effect.

image.thumb.jpeg.1f2876fe680cc35376316d64c014887e.jpeg

Case in point, there are TWO Radiation Tankers in this shot.  My Misty is easily visible... Warboss's Axe is somewhere in that green glow.  Trust me.  

(Meanwhile, Larry the Ravager is about to demonstrate why you shouldn't be the slowest Cimeroran on the team).

image.thumb.jpeg.f20b7621df9ebfb48c7fd0b62400aea7.jpeg

I don't know what Romulus is doing here, but he looks FABULOUS!

image.thumb.jpeg.4df4ed13c08bfe1a435932b7740f1963.jpeg

And finally... I almost feel bad for this minotaur.  That's just a perfectly aimed kick.  And now I want to roll up an MA Tanker. 😈

image.thumb.jpeg.13e9aea1b0fc10eb5aa2e1534e6e4243.jpeg

• Haha 1

Great shots and commentary Zem, thanks for posting both.

I was running my "baby" 50 Rad/Axe Tankers, and I gotta' say I love that comb. I'm REALLY enjoying the changes to Battle Axe. If you haven't rolled or played your axe Tanker recently, you need to. There's just too much fun to be had with the set now (yes, you can even still "axe juggle" foes).

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Good fun on Everlasting tonight. Ran two teams, then three. Thanks for taking the respec PLV, and thanks MsA for taking the 2nd missions team. Didn't get pics, but did get to meet a few new Tankers. Welcome to the event!

3/28 we visit Indom. Meet in King's Row by IP gate at 6 pm PDT/9 pm EDT. See you then!

• Like 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

It was great meeting everyone last night at TT. Kindest and most welcoming evening experience on CoH ever (which is saying a lot as that’s how I describe this game to people generally compared to other games). It’s also the first time I enabled screen shake. 8 tanks + lots of bouncing mobs = metal! Thanks to everyone from Steerdozer for the eye-opening experience.

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

9 hours ago, Warboss said:

Good fun on Everlasting tonight. Ran two teams, then three. Thanks for taking the respec PLV

My pleasure.  We did the "Freak-spec" (kill most) in 46 min.  Much leveling and great fun was had by all.  Missions after were also awesome, thanks for leading that mish team, WB.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

2 hours ago, Nyghtmaire said:

It was great meeting everyone last night at TT. Kindest and most welcoming evening experience on CoH ever (which is saying a lot as that’s how I describe this game to people generally compared to other games). It’s also the first time I enabled screen shake. 8 tanks + lots of bouncing mobs = metal! Thanks to everyone from Steerdozer for the eye-opening experience.

Nice to finally get a chance to team with you (AVLNCH during missions).  I've followed your posts and builds, with great respect.  Glad you had a good time!

• Thanks 1

Sorry I had to leave early.  Hadn't had much sleep the night before and really needed to catch up!

But I got to knock the dust off of Samurai Houston's err.. duster with the mission team.  I'd play him more if Titan Weapons felt more... titanic.   But it's an odd combination of massive weapons and the feeling you're swinging them through sheets of tissue paper for all the impact sense it gives you in the attacks.   Maybe I just need to start a variant using a proper Katana.  Could knock another one off the "Do Rad Armor + everything" list, right @Warboss🤪

11 hours ago, ZemX said:

Sorry I had to leave early.  Hadn't had much sleep the night before and really needed to catch up!

But I got to knock the dust off of Samurai Houston's err.. duster with the mission team.  I'd play him more if Titan Weapons felt more... titanic.   But it's an odd combination of massive weapons and the feeling you're swinging them through sheets of tissue paper for all the impact sense it gives you in the attacks.   Maybe I just need to start a variant using a proper Katana.  Could knock another one off the "Do Rad Armor + everything" list, right @Warboss🤪

Hey Zem, no worries, we all have stuff to deal with. Hope you got some rest. I though your TWer actually had pretty good recharge, seemed to be hitting faster than my Rad/Rad. I've never gotten into Katana, but I know people swear by it. I think the next combo for me is going to be Rad/Elect. Other than Katana, I think it's the only combo I haven't rolled (oh yeah and Broadsword).

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

15 hours ago, Nyghtmaire said:

Hey Nygtmaire, it was good meeting you. Glad you could join us.

• Thanks 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

12 hours ago, Warboss said:

I though your TWer actually had pretty good recharge, seemed to be hitting faster than my Rad/Rad. I've never gotten into Katana, but I know people swear by it. I think the next combo for me is going to be Rad/Elect.

Yeah, TW is great when you can keep Momentum rolling.  That's when it looks like I'm chain-gunning attack after attack.  I can even stack up a few of the Defensive Sweep +def bonuses for some impressive Melee defense.  But it's also easy to misjudge Momentum in a chaotic fight and then you run into a wall where you use a SLOW attack out of Momentum when you should have used something like the T1 to regain it.

As for katana... odds are I will pass on it after all.  Looked at a possible build in Mid's based on my other Rads and it doesn't look great next to TW and Staff Fighting.  I will probably give Battle Axe a spin instead.  Not the most common weapon for a samurai but it WAS used.  And besides, mine in a cyborg cowboy samurai anyway. 🤪

27 minutes ago, Owenknowone said:

Been a coh'er since issue 1 and honestly only did one tanker tuseday..  Did the recent one and was awesome.  Where or what is the rotation for these?

The rotation's on Warboss' signature.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

33 minutes ago, Owenknowone said:

Been a coh'er since issue 1 and honestly only did one tanker tuseday..  Did the recent one and was awesome.  Where or what is the rotation for these?

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

10 hours ago, Owenknowone said:

I thank you very much!

My pleasure.  See you, tonight on Indom! 😆

Fun times on Indom tonight. We had two teams, one ran Synapse (thanks for leading Pep), and PLV (thanks for leading) run missions in PI. Pali showed up to start the event and due to the Synapse TF we got to take on Babbage as well! Sadly being freed up from the star meant I was buys goofing off and not taking pics. Here's a couple I did manage to take.

screenshot_230328-18-04-19.thumb.jpg.9a47b71a383603cf044bf4270fe9c3ac.jpg

screenshot_230328-18-25-40.thumb.jpg.99750dfb59762ecb4e7626915ca1c680.jpg

4/04 we start April TTTs on Excel. Meet in King's Row by IP gate at 6 pm PDT/9 pm EDT. See you then!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

10 hours ago, Warboss said:

Fun times on Indom tonight. We had two teams, one ran Synapse (thanks for leading Pep), and PLV (thanks for leading) run missions in PI.

My pleasure and the six (then seven) tank team finished the Unai arc and started the MJ one.  We spent almost an hour and a half dispatching (all lvl 54) Warwolves, Hydra, Knives of Artemis, Beam Rifle equipped Family and Freakshow. And, @wittylibrarian DID NOT DIE (at least until they turned off their Inv toggles and let the Freaks whack them, intentionally, to uphold the tradition).  My lens cap was also on, so no pics, but I can assure you that much fun was had by all and many levels were attained.

It was another great TT!  I did get some pics.  Dramatic pics!  Look at this drama!  Here it our intrepid mission team getting started!

image.thumb.jpeg.e96a8448d66778bf7b7ffdc49a46393a.jpeg

Witty even got in some practice while Synapse team looked on:

image.thumb.jpeg.ab0f67f300745f8a5bff947b0b34a102.jpeg

And now, a picture nobody asked for or wanted to see... flying poop monsters!

image.thumb.jpeg.2cf074aeb0e48eb38d91b3cb1c5999de.jpeg

And yet more flying poop monsters!

image.thumb.jpeg.85c6b7e015545cf0a5b520e9bc493358.jpeg

There was even time for everyone's favorite MMO activity... CRAFTING!

image.thumb.jpeg.f7db32b4ceba394b00b6cab57f1be10d.jpeg

And then it was back to beating up Freaks, until...

image.thumb.jpeg.aa8c4a78cc8acea7b627cb23057cb021.jpeg

...Witty?  NOOOoooooooooOOOOoOoOOooooooo! (Witty had to turn off armor toggles to fulfill the prophecy.  That's how badly outmatched the Freaks were!)

image.thumb.jpeg.a42d2011f9331128febf1e4296becae9.jpeg

Aaaaand... we showed up late for Synapse Team's Babbage as a result...image.thumb.jpeg.41b2170f2f474e76a997ef670d231b5e.jpeg

But it was fun times all around!  Thanks tanks!

Great shots (as usual) Zem.  Thanks a million!