AT idea; Playable Rikti

GladDog

Rikti have a lot of animations, which translates well to fun player characters.  I have ideas for 4 classes of Rikti - Soldier (in-between tank and scrapper), Mentalist (more or less a Dominator), Guardian (Blend of FF and Rad defender), Communications Officer (Mastermind).  I've put together profiles for all of them, but the only one that I feel is finished enough to post is the Soldier.  Racial Attributes - Hive Mind - can activate to dramatically increase perception as well as locating and identifying any Rikti in the area.  Bonus of 10% damage vs other Rikti, but take an additional 10% damage from other Rikti.  This bonus and penalty applies in PvP as well.

Rikti Soldier – This is a Rikti warrior. While they have ranged abilities, they prefer to fight up close and personal. They are equipped with a Broadsword that also has the ability to cast ranged energy attacks. All melee attacks are lethal + energy damage. All ranged attacks are smashing + energy damage. -----------------------------------------------

Primary Power set – Power Sword
1 – Rikti Hack – a quick strike with the sword. Low damage, fast recycle, single target.
2 – Rikti Pulse – a ranged single target attack with moderate range, moderate damage and a fast recycle with a low chance to stun the target.
3 – Rikti Slash – a much more powerful single target melee blow that delivers high damage and has a moderate recycle. This attack has a chance to knock down the target.
4 – Confront – using a universal translator, the Soldier insults the target’s mother’s fashion sense. No damage or endurance use, short range and moderate recycle. If the character slots a Taunt enhancement, it acts like a Tanker’s taunt.
5 – Rikti Pulse Burst – same as Pulse but fires several shots in a quick burst that is in a narrow cone shaped attack. This attack can strike up to 5 targets in the cone and has a moderate chance to stun. Short range and long recycle.
6 – Rikti Focus – same as Buildup.
7 – Rikti Sword Circle – The sword is swung in a big circle, a PBAoE melee attack. Moderate damage, slow recycle, and a moderate chance to knock down any target it hits.
8 – Rikti Vorpal Strike – An extreme damage melee attack that has a high chance to stun and knock down. This attack has a long activation, is on a long recycle and has double the chance for a critical hit.
9 – Rikti Nova Strike – Drives the blade into the ground and causes an overload, releasing a PBAoE attack of energy damage. Extreme damage, melee range, very long recycle, a moderate chance to stun and a high chance to knock down. After using Nova Strike, it is 30 seconds before the user can use a ranged attack, and for 30 seconds all melee attacks have their damage reduced 20%. -----------------------------------------------

Secondary Power Set – Advanced Rikti Armor
1 – Metal Carapace – Rikti armor gives resistance to all types of damage and contains medical nanobots that repair any damage. The passive power gives a low level of damage resistance to all types of damage and a small increase to regen rate.
2 – Enhanced Nanobots – a toggle power that raises the regeneration rate for the soldier, to keep them in the fight. This power also activates sensors around the Soldier, giving a small boost to defense as well as a perception increase.
3 – Parry – A click power that has a good chance to block any attacks that occur over the next 10 seconds, a moderate increase to defense. This also greatly improves accuracy for 10 seconds.
4 – Environmental Shields – a toggle power that gives resistance to hold, immobilization, sleep, knockback and stun effects. This power also gives a large amount of Energy resistance and will act as a taunt field if a taunt enhancement is added.
5 – Hive Mind Awareness – A toggle power that allows the Soldier to access the Rikti Hive Mind, Allowing him to anticipate and reduce the effectiveness of attacks, giving ranged defense as well as a good level of resistance to smash, lethal and energy attacks, and a fair amount of resistance to fire, cold, and negative energy attacks.
6 – Reactive Armor – A click power. Sacrificial plates are attached to the armor of the Rikti Soldier, and absorb damage until they deplete. Long recycle.
7 – Fatal Energy – this passive power adds a damage component to Environmental Shield.
8 – Superior Nanobots – This is a click power that acts as a HoT for about 10 seconds. Very long timer.
9 – Neuro-muscular Enhancement – The Rikti Soldier is empowered with energy within himself. For 240 seconds, he has greatly improved damage resistance, a tremendous increase in regeneration and recovery, and a damage bonus. At the end of this time cycle, the Rikti loses all endurance and has his health reduced to 25% of maximum.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is really cool. The only problem I could see about it is that I don't think Rikti models are very customizable. You'd be pretty stuck with a set number of variations from the game.

This is another Primary Set I would like to see:

Primary Set - Communications

1 - Laser Burst -  Ranged damage (Energy)

2 - Monkeys - Summon Rikti monkeys from a portal. These are controllable minions.

3 - Laser Blast - Ranged damage (Energy)

4 - Equip Troops - Equip HenchRikti

5 - Thermal Grenades -  Ranged (AoE) damage (Energy)

6 - Drone - Summon Rikti drones from a portal. These are controllable minions.

7 - Defend Troops - Force field giving DEF boost

8 - Conscripts - Summon Rikti Conscript from a portal. This is a controllable minion.

9 - Bleeding Edge - Upgrade henchRikti

Edited by drdread
spelling

9 hours ago, drdread said:

This is really cool. The only problem I could see about it is that I don't think Rikti models are very customizable. You'd be pretty stuck with a set number of variations from the game.

They could work like VEAT where your first costume is the Rikti model and other slots are standard so maybe you go undercover or try to fit in or just wear a disguise.

I'd actually thought up a similar setup for a Rikti Soldier archetype earlier this year. Power sets included a Rikti Weaponry Assault primary involving usage of the Sword-Gun, and a defensive set based around Rikti Power Armor. In addition to that, starting from level four onward, they could choose powers from up to four "Lineage" power pools, which offer a variety of powers based on what the Rikti have ingame. For instance, powers from the Lineage of Thought pool would grant you psionic attacks and control abilities akin to Mentalists and Mesmerists, while the Lineage of Technology pool would grant you the ability to summon controllable Drones and temporary Rikti Infantry allies ala Comm Officers. In addition, Rikti Soldiers would start with a Rikti Pistol origin power (Ranged Minor Dmg (Energy), +Disorient) and an inherent Rikti Portal travel power. Basically, the AT was designed to allow you to tailor a Rikti character of your liking.

I haven't gotten around to filling out power details yet, but I still have the original concept document.

I would suggest something similar to what they did with the Arachnos; offer two paths. You start as a Rikti Conscript, and then choose to take the path of the Mesmerist/Priest or the Soldier/Communications Officer. That would provide a variety of builds while also being sufficiently limiting.

Edit: I added this EAT to the AT Compilation thread.

Edited by Zepp
  • Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 10/14/2019 at 9:39 PM, That Ninja said:

Weren't playable Rikti a proposed AT back when the game was live? Is there anything in the code pointing to them or was it just all brainstorming on paper?

If I remember right, Going Rogue was originally planned to be a different expansion taking place on the Rikti Homeworld, and prolly would've involved a civil war between the Traditionalists and Hro'dtohz's militant Restructurist group. We would've very likely gotten Rikti as a playable archetype I imagine.

It's honestly kind of a shame: I wanted to see Rikti Earth far more than I did Praetorian Earth.

Also, if anybody wants, I can post what I had so far for my idea of a Rikti EAT.

Edited by MGoblin256
  • Like 1

I would narrow the scope a little bit:  Gunmen, Guardians, & Mentalists.

Gunmen would focus on direct damage via the various blades and energy weapons. (basically blasters) 

Guardians would focus on buffs/debuffs/heals and secondarily ranged damage (basically defenders)

Mentalists would focus primarily on controlling the battlefield and secondarily on some ranged damage (similar to a dominator, maybe nixing the melee attacks)

We could treat this like the Soldiers of Arachnos, where you start as a basic "soldier", and choose your path from there.  The communications officer's portal ability would just be a higher tier power some paths gain access to, like how some SoA builds can call spiderlings/etc.

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 8:45 PM, Zepp said:

I would suggest something similar to what they did with the Arachnos; offer two paths. You start as a Rikti Conscript, and then choose to take the path of the Mesmerist/Priest or the Soldier/Communications Officer. That would provide a variety of builds while also being sufficiently limiting.

8 hours ago, biostem said:

I would narrow the scope a little bit:  Gunmen, Guardians, & Mentalists.

Gunmen would focus on direct damage via the various blades and energy weapons. (basically blasters) 

Guardians would focus on buffs/debuffs/heals and secondarily ranged damage (basically defenders)

Mentalists would focus primarily on controlling the battlefield and secondarily on some ranged damage (similar to a dominator, maybe nixing the melee attacks)

We could treat this like the Soldiers of Arachnos, where you start as a basic "soldier", and choose your path from there.  The communications officer's portal ability would just be a higher tier power some paths gain access to, like how some SoA builds can call spiderlings/etc.

I think I made that suggestion already...

• Like 2

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

All I have to say is that as someone who has lead Rikti mothership raids from 2009 - 2012, and 2019+, who farmed Borea missions on a SS/Elec Brute before sunset and now farms Borea missions on a Rad/Rad Brute, I would have great difficulty not trying to target all Rikti PCs I come across. :P