Things we didn't enjoy that were updates.

Havok

Energy Transfer nerf ruined my fire/energy tanker.  Fire depends on its self heal to tank.  Five second animations do not help.

I did not like Incarnates.  When that hit live I already had 40+ level 50 characters: one of all the tanker primaries save Electric, one of every heroside AT except Kheldians, sever al brutes, a stalker, and a widow.  Running that intro arc to get all of these characters ready for it was painful enough,especially when they made it impossible to pull that boss away from his healers.  Incredibly tedious on a tanker.  The joy of the game was that you had multiple level 50s, so if your friends wanted a rad defender you brought that one.  Incarnates forced you to grind on one or two characters. 

Not a fan of Praetoria or the Dark Astoria revamp either.  Giving the Tsoo kinetics was a very bad idea.  I ran the story arc for DA exactly once, on my as unhittable as possible Dark Melee/Reflexes scrapper. Way  too much debuff flying around in all of that stuff.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

One thing that really bugged me was when they tweaked Martial Arts for stalkers and swapped the positions of (IIRC) cobra strike and crane kick.  Cobra strike is a single target stun and it was one of those "well I guess" powers for scrappers. But for stalkers having a stun at low levels was so useful but I forget why. It did something like reset hide or have a chance to trigger the assassinate power (SO foggy haven't had a chance to check). Crane kick? I, a stalker, given a small aoe melee attack at low levels? NO THANK YOU.

Thanks for explaining about Galaxy City I always wondered why they zapped it to make a new tutorial. I liked having the variety of doing different origin contact arcs but with all the running around, if you were playing with friends and you didn't all go to the same zone it was a hassle.

I quit before the Dark Astoria revamp -- not by choice. I started crashing reliably on certain maps including one of the important incarnate storyline ones and tech support gave up on helping me. I've got a completely different computer now though so it shouldn't be a problem. But the shut down really hit me hard because I was sort of planning to re-up as soon as I got a better computer and then the announcement hit and I was locked out. I am looking forward to checking it out at least.

Another pet peeve was when they put in Wentworth's and added the kill zone but didn't re-route the giant ghost around the one in (Saint Martial?) so you could have the zone event die on the auction house. That seemed lazy...

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

yup. definitely have to go with the regen nerf. poor poor Instant Healing.

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$

Thanks for reminding me about Martial Arts, Erydanus!

I remember the changes to that, and I never quite "got" why they wanted to boost its damage output in such a way.  The Stun was kind of its signature.  I always felt that the solution was instead to offer a bonus portion of damage to the Martial Artist Attack Powers when used on a target who was Stunned, kind of like Containment for Controllers (which is another thing I wasn't too plussed over).

I'd like to see Cobra Strike returned to a 100% chance Stun with low damage, but have a couple (or all) of the other Martial Arts Attack Powers gain that bonus damage.  Kind of fits the theme of a Martial Artist more anyway, doesn't it?  Exploiting weakness in an opponent during hand-to-hand combat?

As a /Dev maining blaster, Erectile Dysfunction was a brutal nerf. Before, one could toe the line, taking out most white minions from six-slotted damage using targeting drone as the accuracy support. Post ED however, the return-fire by groups where the tripmine-combo (leaping backwards with m30 soon as it's planted, with flamethrower queued on landing) could not be used, like anytime one was in a team, made faceplanting an increasingly-harsh reality.

The other unenjoyable thing was the removal of everyone's favorite punching-bag: Nazis. The vague cobra-commander cosplayers that were the council were never anywhere near as instinctively enjoyable to massacre as Fifth Columnists had been.

Honestly, and I am merely remembering raging about this from years ago, Stalker Martial Arts wasn't broke and didn't need fixing. I wanted to yell at the devs "do you understand what a stalker even is??"

I had a martial arts ninjitsu stalker and he went through everything like a hot knife through butter. On the other hand I totally hated martial arts on a scrapper.  Something about the way it worked on a stalker was just great for me but it felt clunky on  scrappers.

I don't know. At least I got mine to 50 before the silly change. I wish I could remember what that stun did for me. I know I used it ALL the time.  Maybe it was just being able to stun Dude #2 and run away and reset hide quickly that was what I liked about it. That said it wasn't just a stun it was a pretty solid attack on its own too.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Top ones for me are hit caps, agro caps, ED, and I13 pvp (dr and how powers worked) changes

Reverse those and im playing on that server

Pvp only accolades would be great too. Having to do tons of Pve content just to get a good pvp only toon was a big hurdle for competitive pvp

I don't know why, exactly, but Galaxy City was nuked by Shivans in the lore, and converted in to the new Tutorial Zone in gameplay terms.  Probably to showcase features that hadn't existed back when the games first came out.  Personally, I never really felt the branching dialogue trees were being used effectively anyway, so the new tutorial was extra "meh" to me.

I was not a big fan of the controller changes when it came to pets. Pets used to expire and have to be re-spawned. If you were a fire controller you could; with enough recharge, have up to 18 imps a one time. When containment was introduced that all changed and pets were permanent (unless defeated) and could not be double cast any more.

I grew to like the changes though. There were very few changes in hindsight that I didn't like. I was actually quite supportive of ED because I knew that IOs were changing (Invention system was coming). With nearly 100% acc/dam/rech/end/heal/stun duration... I felt way more powerful than pre-ED.

YES!  I was so sad when this happened.  I could have 3 or 4 phantom guys up with my illusionist.

AND THE AGGRO CAP!!  It really hurt me.  You could hold whole maps and it was GLORIOUS!

No game ever let you herd like that. 

Now I'm sad.

~Acro

OMG, I forgot about when they changed Fire tank to have fear on Burn.

Fire/Fire tank was my main and my farming and I was LIVID for a long time...they brought it back to "normal", but nerfed it so hard.

~Acro

Playing the game initially on Dial Up, Galaxy City was a MUST for me because it was a quieter starting location then "Laglas Park".

Then I got decent Internet and still went with Galaxy City because even in MMOs, I'm slightly anti-social. Then they nuked Galaxy City, and I was heartbroken for a long time.

I seem to remember a few annoyances, but right now they are overwhelmed by the surreal awesomeness of again getting to play the best computer game ever.  Definitely puts things in perspective.

(I did rage quit for a while over the regen nerf and EDD.  But that was more Statesman's rather obnoxious attitude about "his game".  I'm much older and wiser now.  ;)  )