Base Entrance Direction

CaptainAmazing

So, when i enter my Superbase I always seem to be facing South...anyway to change this ?

I've tried rotating the port point but this doesnt seem to do anything.

thanks in advance.

ZERO MERIDIAN (AFFILIATED WITH THE HOUNDS OF L❤️VE) REUNION SERVE

ZM WATCHTOWER, Geosynchronous Low-Earth Orbit, Lat 51.476852 Long -0.000500,

enterbasefrompasscode ZEROMERIDIAN-1121 

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

11 hours ago, CaptainAmazing said:

So, when i enter my Superbase I always seem to be facing South...anyway to change this ?

I've tried rotating the port point but this doesnt seem to do anything.

thanks in advance.

While the base TPer is highlighted right click the TPer. This will rotate the direction of the entrance. It actually worked with rotating everything in the base editor. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

29 minutes ago, Flashtoo said:

That doesn't work. Right-clicking an object does rotate it 90 degrees, but with the entry portal you will still be deposited facing south no matter which way it's rotated. I wish it could be changed too!

You are correct. I could have sworn I changed that in one of my bases at one time. I was wrong.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

• 2 weeks later

I eventually redid the entrance to my main base so that the vista I wanted to present to anyone entering faced south. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

This was hashed out a while ago and the Only way to really change it is to rotate the whole plot from what I can tell.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 11/24/2019 at 9:02 AM, ShardWarrior said:

Yes.  Right click while in Upgrade Plot view.

What am I doing wrong?

57 minutes ago, ElPuerco said:

What am I doing wrong?

Rotating the plot won't change the orientation of the rooms - if I am understanding your question, you're looking to change the position of the room itself.  To do that, click on the room(s) you want to move while in edit mode.  You should see a button for "Move Room".  Use that to drag them where you want.  That button allows you to reposition the room(s) to whatever orientation you want.

Edited by ShardWarrior

1 hour ago, ShardWarrior said:

Rotating the plot won't change the orientation of the rooms - if I am understanding your question, you're looking to change the position of the room itself.  To do that, click on the room(s) you want to move while in edit mode.  You should see a button for "Move Room".  Use that to drag them where you want.  That button allows you to reposition the room(s) to whatever orientation you want.

OK, misunderstood. The thread is about changing the base entrance direction, so when I read you could rotate the plot I thought that would change the rooms with it. In the case of this particular base it would be a huge PITA to move the rooms around - as I understand it I would need to take everything off the walls. Guess I'll just deal with the minor inconvenience of coming in facing the wrong direction.

You always zone in facing south.  I had my entry room at the very north of my plot so when you entered you looked down a LONG hallway.  (I have since rearranged the base.) 

The rotating the plot works just as you demonstrated, while it is blue, not after you place it (I can see where maybe some other people might be confused so just taking this chance to clarify that.)

Sorry if you were misled by my previous answer and I hope you get it all working how you want it!  Just remember to want to face south when you zone into your base (even from rezzers) lol

8 minutes ago, ElPuerco said:

OK, misunderstood. The thread is about changing the base entrance direction, so when I read you could rotate the plot I thought that would change the rooms with it. In the case of this particular base it would be a huge PITA to move the rooms around - as I understand it I would need to take everything off the walls. Guess I'll just deal with the minor inconvenience of coming in facing the wrong direction.

The only things to take off the walls would be if that wall space would be replaced by a doorway, otherwise the room should move as decorated.