Fix/improvement for blaster inherent

molten_dragon

I'd like to request a minor fix/improvement to the blaster inherent, Defiance.  It allows you to use your T1 and T2 blasts even while mezzed.  Something I noticed today is that it doesn't work with confusion.  With confusion I can still use the attacks (and all my attacks actually), but I'm not allowed to target the enemies with anything.  Can this be fixed?

• Retired Game Master
5 hours ago, molten_dragon said:

I'd like to request a minor fix/improvement to the blaster inherent, Defiance.  It allows you to use your T1 and T2 blasts even while mezzed.  Something I noticed today is that it doesn't work with confusion.  With confusion I can still use the attacks (and all my attacks actually), but I'm not allowed to target the enemies with anything.  Can this be fixed?

Blaster's inherent intentionally only applies to hard controls. Defiance allows you to use your powers in most instances when you're normally prevented from using powers. Confusion doesn't prevent you from using your abilities, and thus Defiance doesn't have any effect against it. This is an intentional design, not an oversight.

If you think that should be changed, and that there's a good reason Defiance should work against the rare confuse powers, you're welcome to make a case for that. I just don't want players thinking this is a bug or oversight on the original dev's part. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, Blasters already neutralize a wide range of the DomTroller kit through their inherent, you want to moot them even more? Are there any PVE enemies that use confuse?

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Only a small handful.  Especially outside of iTrials.  The COT Succubus are the only ones that come to mind outside the trials.

48 minutes ago, Zepp said:

So, Blasters already neutralize a wide range of the DomTroller kit through their inherent, you want to moot them even more?

I'm only bringing this up in regards to PVE.  I don't really know (or to be quite honest, care, how inherent powers work in PVP, but given that so many things already work differently in PVP, I don't see why ti would be a problem for this to also work differently).

8 hours ago, GM Sijin said:

Blaster's inherent intentionally only applies to hard controls. Defiance allows you to use your powers in most instances when you're normally prevented from using powers. Confusion doesn't prevent you from using your abilities, and thus Defiance doesn't have any effect against it. This is an intentional design, not an oversight.

If you think that should be changed, and that there's a good reason Defiance should work against the rare confuse powers, you're welcome to make a case for that. I just don't want players thinking this is a bug or oversight on the original dev's part. 

OK, so maybe it's not a bug.  I don't know that I'd agree it's not an oversight.  95% of the powers in a blaster's primary or secondary either target enemies or boost other powers that target enemies.  Based on that, I would argue that confusion does prevent a blaster from using their abilities (in any beneficial way) in the same way a hold or stun does.  If the goal of defiance is to allow blasters to use (some of) their powers in situations that they otherwise wouldn't be able to due to mez effects, confusion should definitely be included.