What control goes best with /time? (not grav)

Andrewvm

My Illusion/Time controller is a bunch of fun.  Time is control-y enough to make up for Ill not having as many control powers, plus you can get pretty awesome Def stats with Superior Invisibility and Farsight, AND Time has some -Rech powers so it helps get Phantom Army up faster (mine is near-perma, I just need to finish getting her IO'd).

Time is a very good set with lots of synergies, but Dark Control stands out in particular, especially if you're willing to go with the Energy tertiary pool for Power Boost (as most Time characters should). Time offers +Defense and Dark offers -ToHit. Both benefit from Power Boost and allow you to reach disgusting levels of safety while still being able to proc out powers and deliver decent damage.

I'm just finishing a Fire/Time and I'm really liking it.

Time's Juncture + Hot Feet is fun. Bonfire (turned to knockdown) + Dispersion Field is hilarious. Imps + Energy Fonts make for an active battlefield where nothing is shooting at you.

Endurance is an issue, though I'm still getting things slotted and hoping perma Chronoshift and my last few recovery bonuses will fix that. Incarnates may have to patch some of it too.

I run a Plant/Time myself.  Lots of control, lots of buff.  Back on live one of the main reasons I had rolled that combo was for stacking Regen and Recharge on the Hami tank; multiple Trees, Selection, and Chrono Shift were instrumental for keeping the tank(s) up and running when straight heals weren't an option.  Overall however, the combo feels like a jack-of-all-trades.  You get a large amount of control with Plant's variety, plenty of damage with procs and vines, Time covers so manu bases in the buff and debuff department and just makes everything easier.

I also like the thematics.  I like the idea that Time control is actually your character's main power and you're using it to make plants grow like crazy in isolated spots.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 11/29/2019 at 10:29 PM, oedipus_tex said:

Time is a very good set with lots of synergies, but Dark Control stands out in particular, especially if you're willing to go with the Energy tertiary pool for Power Boost (as most Time characters should). Time offers +Defense and Dark offers -ToHit. Both benefit from Power Boost and allow you to reach disgusting levels of safety while still being able to proc out powers and deliver decent damage.

You could also go with Radial Clarion which also boosts secondary effects and mez protection.

14 hours ago, Dark Current said:

Electric / Time if you like to play tank.

Patches and auras make you untouchable in melee.

So Elec/Time is a good combo? I actually just made this combo. Haven’t played it yet but had an idea for it that I’m still hashing out. 

Virtue-Vet

Now on Everlasting

On 11/30/2019 at 7:54 AM, Rapunzel said:

I'm just finishing a Fire/Time and I'm really liking it.

Time's Juncture + Hot Feet is fun. Bonfire (turned to knockdown) + Dispersion Field is hilarious. Imps + Energy Fonts make for an active battlefield where nothing is shooting at you.

Endurance is an issue, though I'm still getting things slotted and hoping perma Chronoshift and my last few recovery bonuses will fix that. Incarnates may have to patch some of it too.

Exactly what I was thinking.  You get an easily perma defense boost, then run around with a huge damage aura combined with -to hit and double slows.  That alone is worth it, but on top of that, while things are sloooowly crawling away, you throw down a giant patch of fire that turns them into popcorn while your imps go to town boosted by Temporal selection.  Seems like an incredibly safe and durable combo but also very endurance hungry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StoneColdJoker said:

So Elec/Time is a good combo? I actually just made this combo. Haven’t played it yet but had an idea for it that I’m still hashing out. 

I went fight pool for the added smash / lethal + elec mastery shield and ball lightning.

You do your best controlling in melee for sure.

Mobs are sleeping, drained, and to hit debuffed to the point of pitiful. You just keep hitting them with jolting chance (hold proc added) + your ST attacks until defeated.

Damage is a bit plodding, but survivability is sky high.

I had an Ill/Time on Live whose Phantom Army was down to just twelve seconds of downtime without one single set bonus, at level 45. I don't have him anymore because I'm paying more attention to my RP characters, but these days I have an Earth/Time that is fantastic for splatting AOEs everywhere. 

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry