Fly..does anyone LIKE it?

Razor Cure

I have characters who literally don't feel like themselves to me if their feet are touching the ground.

I mean, you can build around endurance, and moving around inside a mission map doesn't require that much speed, so when it comes down to it, I don't need a travel power at all.  Ninja Run + sprint is really enough for most purposes.  But Hover has a defense bonus and all flying powers have inherent knockback mitigation.  Mystic flight makes it possible to teleport around, which can make it easier to take shortcuts around the map.  Super Jump, super speed, and fly are all fun to me as ways of moving around anyway.

Ultimately, I just have a blast moving around in this game, period, compared to other MMOs.

So to me, travel powers are about build/character flavor.  Is this a Hulk type, or a Superman type, or a speedster?  My mage characters just don't feel right when they're not darting around the air.

So, to answer your question, yes.  I like fly.  I like it a lot.

• Like 6

Been in the game and in the community since closed beta in 2004.  Am currently interested in producing and experiencing player-created story content for Praetoria that focuses on the level 40-50 range.
Architect Arc: Praetoria Falls! Book 1: The Evacuation of First Ward  |  Arc ID:  51490  |  Please check it out!  Feedback welcome!

Flying, the concept, is great. You can buy low cost temporary fly powers.

Fly, the power, not so much. It provides nothing the free powers don't at the cost of a power slot. 

Maybe if it had some extra bonus. Hover is great because you can put Luck of the Gambler in there. 

If Fly provided Stealth radius like Super Speed does I'd be much more likely to take it.

• Confused 2

They all have their drawbacks tex that's the idea.

I could just as easily say Super Jump in concept is great but in the game you take damage when you land so I'm out.

We're supposed to be superheroes here and travel powers that hurt are lame by definition. rFYv2e1c_o.gif

• Like 3

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

I (almost) never take fly. Jet pack covers it.

The most I go into it the pool is Hover for range cap hover blaster..  

1 out of 20 level 50's toons have fly.

I tried fly and afterburner on a secondary build and it still sucked IMO.. 

But out of all the powers Teleport should be changed again IMO.. Similar to what Champions has. 

2 hours ago, plainguy said:

I (almost) never take fly. Jet pack covers it.

The most I go into it the pool is Hover for range cap hover blaster..  

1 out of 20 level 50's toons have fly.

I tried fly and afterburner on a secondary build and it still sucked IMO.. 

But out of all the powers Teleport should be changed again IMO.. Similar to what Champions has. 

welp Imma never play champions so unless you say what that is I'll never know

also what if there was no jetpacks and you had to take fly jump tp or speed?

In CoH terms Champions teleport makes you invisible, untargetable, 0 threat, only affecting self, flying, and speed capped (way faster than normal flight, more like 3D super speed). When you turn it off, you poof back into existence. 

When I was playing Champions, I never used it; I don't particularly like their version.

53 minutes ago, Roderick said:

In CoH terms Champions teleport makes you invisible, untargetable, 0 threat, only affecting self, flying, and speed capped (way faster than normal flight, more like 3D super speed). When you turn it off, you poof back into existence. 

When I was playing Champions, I never used it; I don't particularly like their version.

I never used it there either, and honestly, it sounds kinda awful

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

3 hours ago, Roderick said:

That actually sounds pretty cool to me.  It would be neat for characters with dimensional/phasing background concepts.  I certainly wouldn't want it to replace CoX teleport, but it would be a neat addition.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

18 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

If Fly provided Stealth radius like Super Speed does I'd be much more likely to take it.

There is an enhancement that provides stealth when fly is active. It does not provide any fly speed bonus but if I am not mistaken you don't need that since flight will reach the flight speed cap by 50, or very near. SS is better, or can be, since you can slot the running version of the stealth enhancement in SS to boost your stealth rating, but with flight you can just fly over stuff.

The flying stealth enhancement won't let you run up on a Sniper but it will let you stealth missions.