Been Gone - What's New?

_NOPE_

I've been away for a while. I think for a while there, I was the most prevalent poster on these forums, but then life changed. Got a new job, new responsibilities and a big upgrade. In the meantime, I've been just quietly working on my "Get a FF Defender Maxed Out Solo" project, which I just completed last night with another Burden of the Past run:

All Incarnate Slots filled with Tier 4s

image.png.d104dacb5507dc23b53957a0a50b9176.png

Totally purpled out

image.thumb.png.c08f9617a5fcd73ac3d45add0613e110.png

Veteran level 47 so far:

image.png.19f4d2f9bb3b3e273f368e0b4c1ec1ac.png

From level 1 to V Level 47 completely SOLO. Now that I've got him fully kitted out, I think I'll go back through Ouroboros and flashback all of the unfinished missions/arcs until all of those have those pretty yellow stars behind them.

So, what's new with Homecoming itself? Anything change vis a vis the negoations, or perhaps new system updates, or perhaps structurally within the HC team itself? How's the community doing? Are you all organizing into any community groups?

• Like 3
I'm out.

Welcome back!

I don't think there have been any organizational changes within Homecoming since the whole "Tony V. Departure" thing, and the negotiations are still going on last we heard.  One tangible indicator of the on-going negotiations is the legal fees included in the monthly donation goals.  Outside of those things, which are known, I'm sure there is a bunch of stuff going on behind the scenes, just ready to be announced, and we all live in breathless anticipation each day for some of that information to drop.

At least, that's where I am.

What was no more, is REBORN!

One recent change I noticed that I didn't recall from live was the changes made to the trees in some locations. Some went to Fall Foliage after the Halloween Event and then when the Winter event launched some became Christmas Trees. This may have been a late Live Change as I hardly ever came to Atlas or any of the lower zones close to the end. Looks great.

But other than that, It is still all a Nemesis Plot.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Just now, Marine X said:

One recent change I noticed that I didn't recall from live was the changes made to the trees in some locations. Some went to Fall Foliage after the Halloween Event and then when the Winter event launched some became Christmas Trees.

Right now, Warwolves are throwing presents instead of parts of the floor, which is fun!

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Right now, Warwolves are throwing presents instead of parts of the floor, which is fun!

Everything that uses Hurl or Hurl Boulder - I first noticed it from Marauder since the first content that I ran after the patch went live was a Lambda. I think Propel is all presents, also.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, siolfir said:

I think Propel is all presents, also.

Yes, Propel throws presents, too.

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

6 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

Yes, Propel throws presents, too.

Despite not being able to play, I was in a reasonably good place, emotionally, because I know I'll eventually get there.  But this... this makes me want to curl up in a corner of my cabin and weep.  I'm going to miss out on this.

😞

• Sad 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

4 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Despite not being able to play, I was in a reasonably good place, emotionally, because I know I'll eventually get there.  But this... this makes me want to curl up in a corner of my cabin and weep.  I'm going to miss out on this.

😞

I play a Grav/Energy Dom, and it's amusing at first, but it gets old pretty quickly.  You're not missing much.

• Like 1

@Rathstar

13 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

I play a Grav/Energy Dom, and it's amusing at first, but it gets old pretty quickly.  You're not missing much.

Speak for yourself!  I recently ran that string of 50 level missions where every map is the destroyed city and it's repopulated each time with single types of foes, and got to run the "Oops!  All Warwolves!" one.  Crowds and crowds of Warwolves throwing presents!

Maybe I'm more easily entertained by silliness.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Speak for yourself!  I recently ran that string of 50 level missions where every map is the destroyed city and it's repopulated each time with single types of foes, and got to run the "Oops!  All Warwolves!" one.  Crowds and crowds of Warwolves throwing presents!

Maybe I'm more easily entertained by silliness.

Bah Humbug GIF - BahHumbug NoChristmas Angry GIFs

Edited by Rathulfr
I am scrooge cat.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Rathstar