Just got back and.......WTF

UnsungCorpsmen

Back to HC or is this your first time on HC?  If you are refering to your account from live that doesnt exist.  On Homecoming you get to start fresh and new and clean.  

The only thing able to be saved was the actual game code.  Subscriber accounts, if available, would be a nightmare to try to dole out and most likely some serious privacy laws would have to be violated to try to match account with owner.  Not to mention what would happen if personal information (home address, credit card info, etc.) were linked into it.

Welcome back!

Edit:  if you are refering to you HC account I have no idea what may have happened and you maybe need to send a petition?

Edited by EmmySky

Its was from June ......HC. I had approx 7-9 lvl 50's so....kinda frustrating to come back after a self imposed ban (College priority) to find my account reset to about a year back from where I left it. I filed a petition on server for a fix. Waiting for a GM or someone to reply. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by UnsungCorpsmen

A year?  Something sounds weird.  Homecoming only existed from April 2019 onwards.  Roughly 7+ months of operation.  (Not trying to be semantically correct to avoid answering your issue, but getting things straight could be a little important in narrowing things down.)

The only policy concerning long absences that might be in your radar is the toon naming policy.  If you make a toon with a name that is ignored after creation (up to Level 5), and someone else wants that name, they can try for it in 30 days and it'll be granted to them.  Get a toon past Level 21, and you have up to a year to let them sit in the dust before you login and play them again.  Crack Level 50 and the name is yours for life.

That post should have info on the name policy.  But in any of those three cases, if a name is lost, the toon should still be in your account... only left with a Generic name.  You'd be able to play them again, only you'd need to rename them to something else (unless Generic146221 works for you or something.)

The only other thing that occurs to me is your toons could have been on the Beta Server, but that should have been wiped a few times since August.  Nevermind being brought back to a prior state, the toons would be gone.  If that's the case, there's no assurance Beta Server characters will persist at any time.

But until a GM replies to you, that's all that occurs to me that might be what's up.  Excellent chance it's something else.

Edited by Tahquitz

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.

Is it possible that this was done when they did the Purge of Copyright Infringing Characters? I knew they removed Names but was not sure how far they went with this. It was a necessary but unfortunate Olive Branch from Homecoming to satisfy concerns NCSoft may have had regarding Liability.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

15 hours ago, UnsungCorpsmen said:

Its was from June ......HC. I had approx 7-9 lvl 50's so....kinda frustrating to come back after a self imposed ban (College priority) to find my account reset to about a year back from where I left it. I filed a petition on server for a fix. Waiting for a GM or someone to reply. Thanks for the heads up.

Were you formerly on the private server, pre-HC? Is that the difference?

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:50 PM, Tahquitz said:

The only other thing that occurs to me is your toons could have been on the Beta Server, but that should have been wiped a few times since August.  Nevermind being brought back to a prior state, the toons would be gone.  If that's the case, there's no assurance Beta Server characters will persist at any time.

This is the Only thing that makes sense. That or someone was playing on one shard and logged into another where their alts were lower level.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• City Council
On 12/17/2019 at 5:20 PM, Marine X said:

Is it possible that this was done when they did the Purge of Copyright Infringing Characters? I knew they removed Names but was not sure how far they went with this. It was a necessary but unfortunate Olive Branch from Homecoming to satisfy concerns NCSoft may have had regarding Liability.

Just to clarify - we don't delete/ban copyright violations unless they continually ignore requests to not break the rules 🙂

@OP there's several valid suggestions & questions in the thread, please read through them and let us know if you're still having trouble.

• Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!