Remove Accolade Powers and Badges?

Project129

Oh I was thinking bout this because the accolade passives threw off the numbers for something I was testing.

It would be nice to trigger them manually when desired - I actually don't understand why they're all granted by default. It's also annoyingly spammy when you first create a test character.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

On 12/21/2019 at 10:53 AM, Erydanus said:

It would be nice to trigger them manually when desired.

I kind of wish they could have that honestly. But I do think that perhaps they could find a way to grant it through a command or maybe P2W vendor? I don't know how easy or hard that change could be on the test server, but perhaps that could work as a potential fix to allow some to get it if they wish and others to keep it off of them if they do not desire it?

3 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Test server?

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/57-homecoming-beta/

I affectionately call the Beta Server the “Test Server” as I can test out builds or see how potential changes they want to implement will affect my builds.

1 hour ago, Project129 said:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/57-homecoming-beta/

I affectionately call the Beta Server the “Test Server” as I can test out builds or see how potential changes they want to implement will affect my builds.

Ah, didn't see which forum.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

• 1 month later

Since we're now going to have TWO test servers, Brainstorm and Aeon, could possibly one of them not grant accolades automatically (just patron & Vanguard unlocks)? 

Or is there some reason to have 2 identical test servers?

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

When we copy a character over the accolades are not assigned, correct?

It would be helpful to be able to toggle them somehow.

On 12/23/2019 at 3:01 AM, Outrider_01 said:

Test server?

Yes for test.., beta, pineapple, justin.. 

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

29 minutes ago, Troo said:

It would be helpful to be able to toggle them somehow.

Yes for test.., beta, pineapple, justin.. 

I kinda figured that out about 2 months ago....

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

• 2 weeks later
On 2/18/2020 at 2:03 PM, Troo said:

I just tried copying over a level 4 character with only about 6 badges, and he was assigned all the auto-awarded badges just as if he had been created on the beta server. I tried with a level 50 and he was also granted the auto-awarded badges that he didn't already have, so character level prior to time of copy seems not to matter.

And for the record I am also in favor of having no badges auto-assigned at character creation on the beta servers.

Looks like this was implemented with the latest patch, only V.I.P. and Passport auto-award at character creation now. Thanks HC team!

Edited by AboveTheChemist