New AT ''Civilian'' Suggestion

Darkneblade

Civilian archtype is just typical hardworking or lazy normal npc that somehow gets kidnapped or getting mugged for whatever reasons and occasinally getting into trouble for no reason particular.
Inherent : Threat level 0 but gets really high once you run into any nearby hero or ally or friendlies. More friendlies around you more threat level you get up to %10 threat level
Power Set 1 : [Placeholder]

Slap : Deals minor damage and inflicts humilation status. (Humilation is unique mechanic to Civilian archtype gives damage bonus to foes but also reduces accuracy stacks for maximum 5 times for maximum %50 damage bonus and %-25 accuracy) (Higher the rank more damage bonus and reduced accuracy up to %100 damage bonus and %-50 accuracy. On AV's it gives to hit debuff instead.)
Kick : Deals moderate damage and inflicts humilation status.
Call help: For some reason you call help and inflict foes with confuse if there is no ally nearby. If there is ally nearby ally gets overprotective status and taunt foes.
Spit : Deals minor dot and inflicts enraged status. (Enraged is taunt)
Faint : Self Immobilize+ Pretend to be dead or unconcious.(Placate and gives animation unconconcious)
Talk PBAOE : You just want to talk to foes nothing is wrong with that right ? Foes think of you as ally and for whatever reasons they end up killing eachother afterwards.
911 : You call 911 to arrest foes, Spawns 3 police officer or 1 generic hero.
Shout : You shout at foes arresting their attention on you (Taunt and gives them Humilation status)
Steal Weapon : Steal foes primary weapon that gives temporary power (only 30 uses for assault rifles and 10 for pistols)if foes have no weapons they are stunned instead.
Hostage : You stand in front of foes and somehow they are surrounding you but they are not attacking you or anything else for matter unless aggroed first.

Power Set 2 : [Placeholder]
Summon Generic Heroes: You summon generic heroes to be your meatshield generic heroes always taunt first before engaging foes.
Call a taxi : You call a taxi that arrives on foes direction dealing moderate smash damage and inflicts stun.(if it misses taxi never arrives)
Drink coffee : You drink coffee that energizes you . + Recovery + End
Beg : Toggle : You are begging foes to spare you. Inflict self immobilize and uses animation cowering or cower.(fear animation)
I cant see you : Inflicts self -perception and -range but buff nearby allies with Annoyed status (+Damage +Res) (if walking is on with power it gives more damage and res bonus)
I aint going with punk that wears silly costume : Toggle : Inflicts self immobilization and buff nearby allies with Berserk status (+Damage +End +Heal over time)
[Placeholder]
[Placeholder]
[Placeholder]

Feel free to make suggestions i add it here.

Edited by Darkneblade
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Darkneblade said:

Feint : Self Immobilize+ Pretend to be dead or unconcious.(Placate and gives animation unconconcious)

Feint: A fake attack to draw an opponents focus elsewhere to provide an opening for a real attack.

Faint: To fall unconscious.

Edited by Roderick
  • Thanks 1

Maybe it is time for a NSEAT (not so elite archetype)...

• Haha 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

I am actually, unironically in full support of a playable civilian Archetype.  Slap whatever warning labels you need on it to avoid it being a "newb trap," but the roleplay potential it offers is quite significant.   More tools and more options for player-defined gaming experiences are what I consider the pinnacle of what the City has to offer.

16 hours ago, dangeraaron10 said:

Maybe the Civilian AT can have an Inherent that increases benefits of Day Jobs.  They don't have superhero/villain work to distract them from their careers.  

Instead of Day Jobs they have permanent (Day Jobs) that change at will by switching required badges. Could that work ?

Edited by Darkneblade

I don't think the game's existing code could handle something like that, Darkne.  However!  They could add Powers which are mutually exclusive Toggles, and clicking the Toggle will set the character as operating under a certain "Day Job" with all associated Powers that would grant.  It's a bit of work, but not as severe as trying to create a new internal system for matching Powers to a selected Badge.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

I don't think the game's existing code could handle something like that, Darkne.  However!  They could add Powers which are mutually exclusive Toggles, and clicking the Toggle will set the character as operating under a certain "Day Job" with all associated Powers that would grant.  It's a bit of work, but not as severe as trying to create a new internal system for matching Powers to a selected Badge.

That sounds pretty good actually. But when they get mezzed (hold/disorient/sleep), will they got fired from Day Job ? or just not permanent anymore ?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Toggles come in a variety of flavours.  Some Toggles can be dropped, some can be suppressed, and others just keep on keeping on.

As long as they are not dead it is good i guess. When they are dead, instead of normal xp debt they got paid leave since it is heroes jobs to protect civilians.