Report Zone Geometry Errors Here!

Widower
Message added by Arcanum,

Posts will be hidden after the fix has been patched into a current or upcoming build.

Zone: Steel Canyon

This specific sign in Steel Canyon seems to lose its physics after a few seconds of swinging. Interacting with the sign makes it swing, but it will shortly get stuck mid-swing instead of continuing to sway until rest like the other physics-having signs. It doesn't even seem an issue of it clipping into the building it's attached to because it's not close enough, neither is it clipping with the metal parts that it's attached to the pole with.

image.png.1039b4bdcf123d711b18ffd62864e9b8.png

image.png.dd8922f5d2a06b987e70d2616d0cdbf7.png

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Rikti War Zone

[4104.5 32.0 -1037.4]

Similar to the one I found in The Hollows a couple years back, I've found another ventilation system that's floating a foot above the roof it's installed on.

image.thumb.jpeg.5e742ef748c6c462794524c03c3ffdfd.jpeg

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Mission Map: SmoothCaves-Rikti_60_Layout_02

Another instance of invisible geometry in a Rikti base.  Did these guys steal Romulan cloaking tech before invading Earth?

image.thumb.jpeg.26b695a43a07bd140f56823bff14c3b8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I'm not sure if it just burped in my specific instance of it, but part of the wall is too high, here:
Server: Everlasting
Zone/Mission: V_Arachnos_45_Layout_02_02p
Position: [-259.0 0.3 -440.0]

image.thumb.png.8cb4ecb66c7250cdd7994e7cc74faf3e.png

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Instanced MSRs on Everlasting, 3:30pm Eastern on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Come to the RWZ and look for Barky McBarker for who to /T.

Hit, Heal, Buff, or Debuff. MSRs are not farms, there is no sitting.

Map: V_Sewer_to_Ofc_45_layout_02

The transition room between the office part and the sewer part is bugged to Hell and back. The connectors/doorways on both ends aren't quite properly connected, resulting in views of a black void when looking at them. Collision works fine, but texture culling doesn't.

image-2.png

image-3.png

image-4.png

image-5.png

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

• Developer

Digging into some of these map bugs from the bottom-up, will use an emoji when I've fixed them.

Pineapple = Fixed.
Pepperoni = Was not fixed, either due to it not being actually being a map issue, not being something I can fix by myself, or not without a significant time investment that exceeds the scope of quickly getting as many of these done as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 2

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

Zone: Atlas Park

Some minor clipping involving the handrail and the nearby wall.  More pronounced on the right side compared to the left.

image.thumb.jpeg.cc588ed751b22867d0d8b0689c04ff74.jpeg

Window detached from overhead walkway. Crey's Folly, [7339.1 155.1 15.5]

image.png.fff34f8479b1ca3f270067fbcdd3bc1d.pngimage.png.5f9bd1d7342f4a41edefa159fa046bb9.png

Instanced MSRs on Everlasting, 3:30pm Eastern on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Come to the RWZ and look for Barky McBarker for who to /T.

Zone/Mission: SmoothCaves-Rikti_45_Layout_04

Position: [-448.9 64.0 1244.6]

Invisible object on map. (Edit: Middle of corner/turn.)

Edited by Rudra

Dunno how likely this is to change in an Echo zone, but:

[964.6 -46.2 327.4]
Server: Excelsior Zone/Mission: Echo: Faultline Position: [964.6 -46.2 327.4]

When approached from below, from inside the crevasse, this allows a player to fly up into the geometry of the building above.

Posted (edited)

Yet another invisible object on a Rikti map.

Zone/Mission: SmoothCaves-Rikti_45_Layout_07

Position: [325.7 0.0 478.5]

Edit:

It actually has two....

Zone/Mission: SmoothCaves-Rikti_45_Layout_07

Position: [256.0 0.0 916.4]

Edited by Rudra

Not sure if this was touched on in the upcoming update, but there's a piece of grassy terrain that's raised on one side (floating) in Croatoa near the Monorail station.

/thumbtack 1022.0 -3.6 2680.9

image.thumb.png.306ff887a942df48c3136dc4b221cb1c.png

someone on a penny yin tf pointed this out, but the bushes near penny yin and aurora borelis, [-1640.3 0.0 -5774.8], seem to be floating. but on closer inspection, sometimes the bush trunks seem to be very transparent. looking even closer to try to get pictures, if viewed from one angle, unfortunately it seems to be the directions from closest to the walls, the trunks are plainly visible. when viewed from the center of the courtyard, they mostly appear invisible or transparent. it might be as simple as turning the bushes 180° for most of them to appear correctly, as a temporary solution.

image.png.cea03c291b6a5afdf3b614dff1ebae4c.png

image.png.475ab50dfa0682792c7f26f9862f9948.png

image.png.0a063e355b4ebbe647539179bf14122a.png

image.png.62e7ea8d3cc19061963a5b0796f543b3.png

sorry, it was sort of difficult to get the correctly angled pics, as well as get myself in the photos... 😁

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

Mission Map: P_TECH_BIO_30_LAYOUT_01_01

Position: [157.1 0.0 42.5]

Here's an odd one.  Entering this hallway, nothing seemed out of place.

image.thumb.jpeg.edf0a80b888351e6424329842a9809d8.jpeg

Positioning the camera just right reveals that there's a doorway immediately to my left.

image.thumb.jpeg.fb2ecf5ddb5dfdb49e66b47b406a265b.jpeg

Although the door frame is invisible under normal circumstances it does have collision. and I can walk into it and get caught on it.

You can stand on top of it and cause a camera glitch i've never seen in my 20 years of playing the game.

image.thumb.jpeg.14b0afc2e76f66c562cb2f92bd5c8366.jpeg

On 7/14/2024 at 7:12 PM, Laucianna said:

In Twinshots second arc when you go back to Manticores mansion, you can fly through the inner chambers celling hole and get out the map ❤️

Server: Excelsior Zone/Mission: MANTICORE_MANSION_2

[6.3 57.2 -681.8]

i can confirm this. i can also confirm that it does not happen in the first arc, nor the third arc. i tried them all. so i am assuming that MANTICORE_MANSION_1 and MANTICORE_MANSION_3 maps do not have this geometry error. only in the second arc mission: complete proton's combat tests. you can fly/ around the outside and under of the room. if you exit the room by the door, you will arrive outside, in front of the door, as expected. 🙂 

image.png.d9c6218ba09541e69c69b670a008bdca.png

image.png.2b7b252516637aa2cceae0f799ff1e5e.png

image.png.a2f97b874703fa91d8416fea0270c2bc.png

• Like 1

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

20 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Mission Map: P_TECH_BIO_30_LAYOUT_01_01

Position: [157.1 0.0 42.5]

This is an indicator that the tiles from which an instanced map is assembled are not quite aligned correctly where they meet up; this was a regular occurrence with the yellow office maps that were added with the release of City of Villains, and it requires someone to go back in with the level editor and tweak the positions of the two sections (and everything they're attached to) until they line up correctly.

Water in Peregrine Island at higher graphic setting missing a layer. 

Easiest way to see this is without Advanced Graphics Settings enabled and the Graphics slide set to middle or higher.

LOC: 1544.9 14.3 -4101.8

ULVmrYf.jpg

Edited by Oubliette_Red
Setting image size smaller

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 4/2/2020 at 8:27 AM, Salket said:

Found some weird glitches. These are the CoT healing and hurting crystals they have strewn about the level. Looks like they went for a more monochrome color palate last night. I figure either way it is clear which is which, given the aura, but the color sure was... interesting. This was during posi 1 tf

Glitch1.PNG

Glitch2.PNG

Very late in responding to this, but I've seen this when my graphics settings are turned down, which I tend to do during SNS and sometime forget to turn back up afterwards.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 2 weeks later

Pretty big hole in Croatoa. Big enough to TP through and big enough for small Critters to possibly fall through. This may explain the disappearing Critters during the War in the Vale event, not allowing the event to be reset.

/loc  [706.2 -35.4 -2123.5]

I can TP under the Lake but quickly get placed back at the Tram in Croatoa. Not enough time to take pics.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

• 2 weeks later

No flight/hover powers, but floating above the ground in the University Quad area of Founders Falls. It's obvious when one has shadows showing.

Zone/Mission: Founders' Falls
Position: [3055.1 11.6 419.8]

image.png.e0c343b98c01353d1a76afd8e61a18dd.png

On 7/14/2024 at 7:12 PM, Laucianna said:

In Twinshots second arc when you go back to Manticores mansion, you can fly through the inner chambers celling hole and get out the map ❤️

same geometry bug, but in the midnighters mansion, in Darrin Wade's villain arc, infiltrate midnight squad mission... i noticed that it was basically the same room as the meeting room in manticore's mansion, so i tried it and found i could escape the room by the hole in the center of the dome into the outer geometry. in fact, it is exactly the same map, since it is completely isolated from the rest of the mansion, in the same way.

Server: Excelsior Zone/Mission: SL5_SI_DARRIN_WADE_STORARC_MISSION5 Position: [44.2 32.8 -267.0]

image.thumb.png.a3cb62d8a174951e29760f33b95838b8.png