Doorbell Broken, Please... SG

VV

Wondering if there are any Knockback-friendly SGs on any of the HC shards/servers? Knockback-positive would be even better. I kind of want to build a pepsi-popper and really slot it up for knockback, but I don't want to be the jerk on the teams throwing opponents out of everyone's range. Don't really care which shard it is in as I've got characters on all the shards, just looking for a group of people who love to drop kick opponents across the map. My in-game handle is @V.V 

• Like 2

Knockback is never a problem.  Like every power or secondary effect in the game, it has uses and it can be misused.

”I don’t want to b the jerk on the teams throwing opponents out of everyone’s range”

Then don’t be that jerk.  Use KB to knock the mobs into corners where they cannot get away.  Use KB to knock minions into the debuff aura.  Use KB to knock mobs off of high spots so the melee can get to them.  Use KB to knock down flyers.

Knockback is not the issue.  Misusing Knockback is the things other players do not want.

If you do not face plant at least once a day; Go reset your Notoriety.

2 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

Knockback is never a problem.  Like every power or secondary effect in the game, it has uses and it can be misused.

”I don’t want to b the jerk on the teams throwing opponents out of everyone’s range”

Then don’t be that jerk.  Use KB to knock the mobs into corners where they cannot get away.  Use KB to knock minions into the debuff aura.  Use KB to knock mobs off of high spots so the melee can get to them.  Use KB to knock down flyers.

Knockback is not the issue.  Misusing Knockback is the things other players do not want.

This is not helpful to me and completely unrelated to my question.

2 hours ago, tremor3258 said:

Hover works nicely to minimize the distance from kb - if they're knocked from overhead it looks like knockdown.

Also not an answer to the question.

I am looking for an SG that LIKES tossing things all over heck-and-gone. Yes, I'm quite capable of playing/building around knockback powers, but that isn't what I asked. 

• Like 2

I saw a Toon on Reunion the other day whose supergroup was something like "Knockback Kings". I will keep an eye out and try to get more info.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

18 hours ago, VV said:

This is not helpful to me and completely unrelated to my question.

Also not an answer to the question.

I am looking for an SG that LIKES tossing things all over heck-and-gone. Yes, I'm quite capable of playing/building around knockback powers, but that isn't what I asked. 

An SG isn’t going to help you unless they are all online the same time as you are.  

Your best bet would be to canvass the LFG channel when you are active and ask if anyone is okay with playing alongside a person who’s mission statement appears to be “I want to bounce things” and then once you have found people who play at the same time you do, try to get a regular grouping event started.

There are folks who advertise for all Master Mind groups and “all Stalker” groups.  I think one of the Homecoming servers has a regularly scheduled “all Tank” event night.  I have seen “all Mutant” and “all Magic” a couple of “all Fire” teams advertised.  Just start advertising for an “all Knockback” group.  

You might also try in Discord.

There's the #supergroup-looking channel and each server has a 'recruit' channel for people searching out SG's.

Our own SG members do not balk at players using KB, especially since one plays a Kheld often, but it's just a handful of us who also used to play together on Legacy so we don't actively recruit.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• City Council

If you refer to the Homecoming Discord - GM_Miss typically pins SG Recruitments in each shard channel as well!

Never hurts to ask!

I, personally, don't mind the use of KB (when its aimed properly), however, I do know some players get super frustrated by it. I typically don't play melee, so I haven't experienced it to that degree. Another solution is to make a Controller friend! So long as everything's immobilized, hitting it with KB will typically convert the attacks to KD (Gravity/Electric Control being the exception)! Just bring them along everywhere...all the time...anytime you do anything....

Yeah, just find a SG. ^_^

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

On 12/30/2019 at 1:34 PM, Roughtrade said:

The problem is, is that we have a few VERY adamant players on these very boards who live with the "Don't tell me how to play...ever....even if it is disrupting your team and I am scattering mobs all over the map, making everyone else's AoE's useless...it's not my fault if you can't use your AoE's before I scatter mobs all over the map" type of players who will argue against mine and your ideas of a good and proper way to utilize knock back on a team.

And I do agree with you, there is a good way to use knock back that will not ruffle feathers of players on your team and there is a bad way, just like there is a good and bad way to use Immobs when you have a Tank who gathers mobs on your team and a good and bad way to play pretty much any class in game.

Sadly, we do have players who disagree with this and feel anyone should be able to play as chaotic as they want to on your teams, and if you kick them fro playing this way, or even ask them to play nice, they will report you for doing so.

And no, I am being very serious...in fact I would not be the least bit surprised if these people jump all over my post.

Having been on a team with one of them not so long ago... Solar isn't making that bit up.

There are some really KB-happy chaos-monkeys out there, and they've pretty much ruined it for those of you who AREN'T intentional jerks. 

You say "Yay! Knockback!" and those of us who have had the misfortune of playing with one or more of  those guys may well reply by hitting the Quit Team button.

(In my case it was a Peacebringer player who thought it was just epic LOLs to intentionally troll the herding Tank, the Fire Dom with the Bonfire and my Time Defender with the Distortion Field by waiting until AFTER we had everything nicely gathered and the patches laid down to blast the whole mob of goons to the four winds. He thought it was just hilarious. When I recommended the "hover blast" approach instead, I got the "OMG how dare you tell me how to play my character!"-thing from both him and his buddy. So I did, in fact, wish them well and drop the team. 'No sense wasting time playing with them.)

I'd say posting in LFG as specifically LOOKING for a Pinball Wizard or "Bounce team" is your best bet. 'Get all the KB-Fiends together and have a field day. You can be chaotic to your heart's content if everyone knows what they're getting into.

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Oh, I know there are KB Trolls out there.  I have a couple of alts with Bonefire.  Forgot that I was on one that had not converted the KB to KD and dropped it on the tank.  Tank lost his tiny little mind over it and started cussing everyone out.  Apparently he’d been trolled before.