Ice Melee/ninjitsu

KaizenSoze

This is my favorite current char. Ice/Ninja. Looking for any suggestions. The char is 50 with some incarnates but no set pieces except a couple of ATOs.

Pros:

Great ST and AOE damage.

Great damage mitigation with ice patch and caltrops

Good mix of damage types. Cold is not commonly resisted.

Works well in groups. Ice patch/caltrop choke points or protect teammates from nasty mobs.

Cons:

End hog. Even with two Body Mastery powers and end reducers slotted in attacks

Squishy when I do get hit like all defense based stalkers, but I do have a strong quick heal

Does not have the scrapper end heal.

KD protect is weak. You'll get knocked back and need to slot of KD protect IO.

Minor: Click mezz protection. Since, this build does not have hasten. It's my auto power.

Notes:

Neither ice patch or caltrops will break hide. The mobs will attack but unless they hit you, AS is still available

Single target rotation: BU->AS->Cross Punch->Ice Sword->Freezing Touch

AOE BU->Freezing Touch->Frost->Caltrops. Switch to ST rotation

I use ice patch as need, sometimes at the start of the attack. Depends on the mobs.

Caltrops does real damage unlike the defender or blaster version. Plus it confuses the mob AI. They spend a lot of time running around.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.6
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Arctic Shadow: Level 50 Magic Stalker
Primary Power Set: Ice Melee
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Sword -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(7)
Level 1: Hide -- DefBuff-I(A)
Level 2: Frost -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(7), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(9), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(9), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), PstBls-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Ninja Reflexes -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(13), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), ShlWal-Def(15), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(17)
Level 6: Assassin's Ice Sword -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(21)
Level 8: Danger Sense -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(23), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(23), Rct-Def/Rchg(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Rct-ResDam%(27)
Level 10: Caltrops -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), ImpSwf-Dam%(40), PstBls-Dam%(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(48)
Level 12: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Build Up -- RechRdx(A)
Level 16: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(27)
Level 18: Ice Patch -- RechRdx(A)
Level 20: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29), StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(29), StdPrt-ResKB(31), TtnCtn-ResDam(31), TtnCtn-EndRdx(31)
Level 22: Kuji-In Sha -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(46), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(46), NmnCnv-Heal(46), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(48)
Level 24: Cross Punch -- Obl-%Dam(A), ScrDrv-Dam%(33), Erd-%Dam(33), FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg(33), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 26: Freezing Touch -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(36), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Mk'Bit-Dam%(37)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 30: Recall Friend -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Frozen Aura -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Obl-%Dam(45)
Level 35: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(39), EndMod-I(40)
Level 38: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- EndRdx-I(A), DefBuff-I(42), DefBuff-I(42), DefBuff-I(42)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50), EndMod-I(50)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 1: Assassination
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(39), EndMod-I(39)
------------

Edited by KaizenSoze

After more playing. I am thinking about revamping the build a bit.

The main change I am considering is switching from body mastery to soul.

Now, that I have +10% end in accolades. My endurance issue are much better even at lower levels. I only had to pop a few blues during Synapse.

With soul I can get a snipe and a second hold. Though I will not have any slots for the hold, but I will be able to hold bosses for a bit.

I'll post a build later.    

I've played both sides of this, but not together as caltrops with the Ragnarok proc is the only way to travel but redundant with ice patch. On my ice stalker(/ice) I don't use cross punch, but include Frost in the single target rotation with a -res proc in it. It is end heavy, but I've got energy absorption and icy bastion to help with end, so it works out. The only thing I could really tell you in your case is if you could figure out a way to proc AS and Freezing touch you'll increase your damage a fair bit as they have high proc rates. Additionally, taking only the half of stalkers guile in AS that provides the least recharge will increase the fire rate of the hide proc, after which you should def use Freezing touch to get the best crit you can.

• Thanks 1

Once in awhile I hit a inflection point where a char goes from good to freaking awesome. This char just turned into my new main.

After reading Microcosm's post and thinking a bit. Thank you Microcosm.

I dropped cross punch with reluctance and took hasten. Pick up super speed for extra stealth on speed runs. Changed around my sets.

I still have all the pros from above, but with new strengths.

Attack rotation, pop BU when available:

ST: AS->FT->IS->Frost or FA depending on recharge

Or lead with Frozen Aura depending on the mob density.

Pros:

Soft capped melee/range/aoe even with hide suppressed

Great ST and AOE damage

Great damage mitigation with ice patch and caltrops

Good mix of damage types. Cold is not commonly resisted

Works well in groups. Ice patch/caltrop choke points or protect teammates from nasty mobs

I fixed the KD issues with two set bonus.

I am not squishy anymore. With accolades I have 1600+ hp, health procs, and scaling resists. I was getting rocked in itrials by the AVs AOEs. Not now.

I can take the alpha in 4x8 groups with ease. I can solo 4x8 missions

Basically, I can play like a scapper/brute in terms of aggression or be sneaky

Endurance is no longer an issue because of the accolades and better stamina slotting

Fun achievements to point out what the char can do, not to imply it's the best build ever:

Tanked Apex/Tin Mage TF. Though the hydra portion is a pain.

Several times fought and won against 2-3 Rikti Mages simultaneously during a MSR. Also, pulled a lot.

Fun points:

The capturing the escapees in BAF is fun with caltrops and ice patch

Defending the stairs against the bombers in Sutter's TF is a breeze

According to the chars at 50 statistics. I am the only 50 ice/ninja stalker on any server. If you make one let me know

Build:

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.6

Arctic Shadow: Level 50 Magic Stalker
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Sword -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(7)
Level 1: Hide -- Krm-Def/EndRdx(A), Krm-Def/Rchg(7), Krm-ResKB(9)
Level 2: Frost -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Dtn-Acc/Dmg(13)
Level 4: Ninja Reflexes -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(15), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(15), RedFrt-Def(17), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17), RedFrt-EndRdx(19)
Level 6: Assassin's Ice Sword -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Mk'Bit-Dam%(21), GldStr-Acc/Dmg(21), GldStr-%Dam(23), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(23)
Level 8: Danger Sense -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(25), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), RedFrt-Def(27), RedFrt-EndRdx(29)
Level 10: Caltrops -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Ann-ResDeb%(29), ImpSwf-Dam%(31)
Level 12: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 16: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Ice Patch -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(33), Pnc-Heal(33), Pnc-Heal/+End(33)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), StdPrt-ResKB(34), GldArm-3defTpProc(34), ImpArm-ResPsi(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36)
Level 24: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(36), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(37), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), ShlWal-Def(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39)
Level 26: Freezing Touch -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(39), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(39), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), TchofDth-Dam%(40)
Level 28: Recall Friend -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 32: Frozen Aura -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(42), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Obl-%Dam(43)
Level 35: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 38: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(45), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Rct-ResDam%(46)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(46), PrfShf-End%(48)
Level 44: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--Build%(48)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal(A), Prv-Absorb%(50), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(48), PrfShf-End%(50)
------------

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Like 2

I was just about to come and post about what rotation did Ice/ stalkers use because I was stumped due to the recharges leaving either large gaps or making me waste my Hide proc on Ice Sword.

I *was* thinking about using Frost in the ST rotation, but the 2.5 animation is a bit eeeeh. Or a lot eeeeh. It's against my religion to use such long animations <_<

But yeah, I suppose Ice Sword, Frost, AS, Freezing Touch would be gap less with Freezing Touch replaced by Frozen Aura depending if we are doing AoE or ST.

On 1/8/2020 at 4:04 PM, KaizenSoze said:

Several times fought and won against 2-3 Rikti Mages simultaneously during a MSR.

When you can hold out against 5 of them at once, you'll be standing on my turf.  💫

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

10 hours ago, Redlynne said:

When you can hold out against 5 of them at once, you'll be standing on my turf.  💫

I mentioned that specifically, because you had talked about that in another thread.

Five, though, now I have a goal next MSR. I will try and get a screenshot.

Alas, I have not been able to get 5 Rikti maguses in a group, but MSRs are fun at least. Using caltrops and ice patch to cover the entrance while I plant the bomb works well.

A few other achievements. This is the last of the self back patting.

Solo'ed Posi 1&2

Duo'ed  Yin, did all the tanking.

Solo'ed level 51 Maisie. No, pets. I did use envenomed daggers at the beginning, but realized I did not need them at 50% hp.

Solo'ed level 51 Nightstar. Used pets and daggers, just to speed it up. I was doing fine, but she's always a tedious fight.

I might tweak the build to get some purple sets for damage, but purple sets tend not to have good def numbers where I need it.

Or she might be done.

• Like 1

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7

Ice Nin: Level 50 Magic Stalker
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Sword -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg:50(7), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(7), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(9), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(9), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up:50(11)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(11), Rct-ResDam%:50(13)
Level 2: Frost -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg:50(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(13), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg:50(15), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(15), PstBls-Dam%:50(17), Ann-ResDeb%:50(17)
Level 4: Ninja Reflexes -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(A), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg:50(19), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(19), LucoftheG-Def:50(21), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(21)
Level 6: Assassin's Ice Sword -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg:50(23), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(23), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(25), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(25), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%:50(27)
Level 8: Danger Sense -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(A), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg:50(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(29), LucoftheG-Def:50(29), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(31)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(A), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), LucoftheG-Def:50(33), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(33)
Level 12: Build Up -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 18: Ice Patch -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- Prv-Heal:50(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(33), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(34), Prv-Absorb%:50(36)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(37), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(37), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(37)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(A), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), LucoftheG-Def:50(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(40)
Level 26: Freezing Touch -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(40), Hct-Acc/Rchg:50(40), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx:50(42), Hct-Dam%:50(42), UnbCns-Dam%:50(42)
Level 28: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit:50(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg:50(43), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx:50(43), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx:50(43), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx:50(45), GssSynFr--Build%:50(45)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(45)
Level 32: Frozen Aura -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(46), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(46), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(46), Arm-Dam%:50(48), FuroftheG-ResDeb%:50(48)
Level 35: Moonbeam -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(48), Apc-Acc/Rchg:50(50), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx:50(50), Apc-Dam%:50(50)
Level 38: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow:50(A)
Level 41: Assault -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 44: Soul Storm -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 47: Hover -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(A)
Level 49: Caltrops -- PstBls-Dam%:50(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-EndRdx:50(A), Clr-Stlth:50(5)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+:40(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(3), Pnc-Heal/+End:50(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod:50(A), PrfShf-End%:50(5)
Level 35: Quick Form 
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Marshal 
------------

What I have going on for my own Ice/Nin/Soul Stalker.  Level 32 currently.  It's not my namesake, so will likely never become main, but seeing Ice Melee on Stalkers, I knew I wanted to go with an Ice Melee stalker, so I could do decent Ice Melee damage 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ninjaboy said:

I just made one of these last week. It's a pretty fun combo.

I feel /Nin is overlooked a lot for prettier and shiner things when in fact it's very shiny and pretty.

Well, I won't lie.  It'd be nice if it got a bit of Scrapper/Sentinel version's +Run/Jump and +End ability.

However, that said, I think the same for Regen and WP and the Stalker version losing Quick Recovery.

Doesn't have to be on the same level, but sometimes it feels like a lot to lose for 3% Defense and the ability to stealth a mission.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

Doesn't have to be on the same level, but sometimes it feels like a lot to lose for 3% Defense and the ability to stealth a mission.

I agree that losing the end heal in Ninja is annoying.

Still, I will nit pick a bit. Hide is of course awesome, but just as important is the ability to almost crit at will. 

No other AT can have a crit chain like BU->FA->AS->FT with the regularity of a stalker.

Nin is a stalker original powerset. It was introduced at CoV launch and only stalkers had access to it. So a few of the powers, though perhaps gimmicky these days, were created for the original playstyle of stalkers. 

The set has since been ported to other archetypes, with changes to make it more scrappy, but stalkers in general are a lot scrappier now then day one. It's impressive that the set is even still relevant, let alone performing as well as it does. I think it would be top tier if buffed in any way, and I'd welcome it for this artifact of stalker history. 

It needs to lose Smoke Flash, perhaps the most useless power in game, but otherwise nin is doing just fine. Caltrops in the set is often overlooked but one of the biggest sellers to me. I once killed a group of 52 rikti bosses on test with just procced caltrops to see if I could. It took a while, but stacking it with the knockdown proc made it extremely safe. I can do that and still get access to other patron powers unlike the scrapper version. I'll take either of the scrapper additions over smoke flash though.

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

I agree that losing the end heal in Ninja is annoying.

Still, I will nit pick a bit. Hide is of course awesome, but just as important is the ability to almost crit at will. 

No other AT can have a crit chain like BU->FA->AS->FT with the regularity of a stalker.

Well, Stalkers never had the End Heal, and Ninjitsu was only ported on HC.  So, I wouldn't say it was lost.  

And true.

I been slowly leveling an Ice/Nin, not in a rush to 50 I enjoy doing the 1-50 leveling and badging a long the way.

I like doing off-meta things and playing gimmicky builds, for my Ice/Nin theme/gimmick I been running without Resistance or Defense toggles, mez protection or a self heal. Which means I've only taken Hide, Smoke Flash and Retsu.

I went deep into Presence and Concealment pools for Misdirection and Unrelenting. I also grabbed Born in Battle from P2W vendor for multiple self rez. Placate, Misdirection and Smoke Flash give me three placates, two of which are AOE. I grabbed Water Spout and Hibernate for thematic purposes.

So I have no resistances or defense but I have Retsu, Hibernate, Unrelenting, Born in Battle and three placates. However I've found three placates overkill so what I intend on doing is swapping Smoke Flash for Invoke Panic.

Invoke Panic and Ice Patch will be a good bit of control I will also put a fortunata hypnosis placate proc into FA once I hit 50 to replace some of what I will miss from Smoke Flash.

I have both ATE procs, the chance to hide is in AS while the chance for BU is in Ice Sword but I swear I've noticed the Assassin's Mark proc doesn't require you to use that ability to proc it. Can anyone confirm that? I find it odd since in other ATE for other classes the proc was required to proc from said ability, strange.

Currently 44 I used Ninja Run and Prestige Powerslide to get around, I will probably grab SS at 49 since there isnt much else to grab.

My final build will have Veng, Tactics, Assault for team buffs.

Deep into Presence w/ Invoke Panic, Unrelenting, Provoke.

Heavy into Concealment w/ Grant Invis for allies, Invis and Misdirection.

Leviathan w/ Water Spout and Hibernate.

Hasten & SS.

Only Hide and Retsu from Ninjitsu.

And everything but Frozen Fists from Ice Melee.

I also have Renewel of Light temp power right now for 6 more days, haha 3 self resurrects.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Frostfiend said:

I have both ATE procs, the chance to hide is in AS while the chance for BU is in Ice Sword but I swear I've noticed the Assassin's Mark proc doesn't require you to use that ability to proc it. Can anyone confirm that? I find it odd since in other ATE for other classes the proc was required to proc from said ability, strange.

It's global, it says so on the description.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7

Level 50 Magic Stalker
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Sword

• (A) Superior Assassin's Mark - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
  • (7) Superior Assassin's Mark - Damage/RechargeTime: Level 50
  • (7) Superior Assassin's Mark - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime: Level 50
  • (9) Superior Assassin's Mark - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
  • (9) Superior Assassin's Mark - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
  • (11) Superior Assassin's Mark - RechargeTime/Rchg Build Up: Level 50

Level 1: Hide

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50
  • (11) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All): Level 50
  • (13) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage: Level 50

Level 2: Frost

• (A) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
  • (13) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
  • (15) Positron's Blast - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (15) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50
  • (17) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 50
  • (17) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 50

Level 4: Ninja Reflexes

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance: Level 50
  • (19) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (19) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (21) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50
  • (21) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50

Level 6: Assassin's Ice Sword

• (A) Superior Stalker's Guile - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
  • (23) Superior Stalker's Guile - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (23) Superior Stalker's Guile - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (25) Superior Stalker's Guile - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (25) Superior Stalker's Guile - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (27) Superior Stalker's Guile - Recharge/Chance to Hide: Level 50

Level 8: Danger Sense

• (27) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50
  • (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50

Level 10: Maneuvers

• (31) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50
  • (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50

Level 12: Build Up

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 14: Boxing

• (A) Empty

Level 16: Kuji-In Rin

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 18: Ice Patch

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 20: Kuji-In Sha

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal: Level 50
  • (33) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance: Level 50
  • (34) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
  • (34) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime: Level 50
  • (34) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance: Level 50
  • (36) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 50

Level 22: Tough

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance: Level 50
  • (36) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance: Level 50
  • (36) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
  • (37) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP: Level 50
  • (37) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%: Level 30
  • (37) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All): Level 50

Level 24: Weave

• (39) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (39) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (39) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50
  • (40) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50

Level 26: Freezing Touch

• (A) Hecatomb - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (40) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (40) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
  • (42) Hecatomb - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
  • (42) Hecatomb - Chance of Damage(Negative): Level 50
  • (42) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage: Level 50

Level 28: Tactics

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff: Level 50
  • (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge: Level 50
  • (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 50
  • (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance: Level 50
  • (45) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance: Level 50
  • (45) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 50

Level 30: Fly

• (A) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%): Level 50

Level 32: Frozen Aura

• (A) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (45) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (46) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
  • (46) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
  • (46) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage: Level 50
  • (48) Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 50

Level 35: Water Spout

• (A) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
  • (48) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
  • (48) Positron's Blast - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (50) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50
  • (50) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 50
  • (50) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 50

Level 38: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 41: Caltrops

• (A) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 50

Level 44: Spirit Shark Jaws

• (A) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 50

Level 47: Hibernate

• (A) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Recharge: Level 50

Level 49: Hover

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points): Level 50

Level 1: Brawl

My current build.  I'm sure it can be made better, but it works for the concept for me and has been quite fun.

IHMO:

Resist are good.

I think you should soft cap ranged defs with hide suppressed. Mids is showing 42%. You can get this by swapping out one of your defense sets for Red Fortune.

You have no kd/kb protection till hover at 49. Ex-emping down could be painful.

Are you having endurance issues? end mod proc is stamina can help

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

IHMO:

Resist are good.

I think you should soft cap ranged defs with hide suppressed. Mids is showing 42%. You can get this by swapping out one of your defense sets for Red Fortune.

You have no kd/kb protection till hover at 49. Ex-emping down could be painful.

Are you having endurance issues? end mod proc is stamina can help

Well, the KB proction will work when exemped.  I do have the End Mod Proc in Stamina and I have Panacea Health/End Proc as well.

However, you made me realize, I could swap out Hover with Combat Jumping, grab it at level 30, slot it with a KB Resist and LotG: Global Recharge, and then remove the -Resist Proc from Water Spout, and the Stealth Proc from Sprint (no more 2.5% S/L Resist there), and 6 slot Man. with Red Fortune.  Over 46% Range now.  Lost some S/L Resist, but gained defense and 5% more recharge.

As for End Use itself, I can't say for sure, since I'm still only level 44, so no Purple sets +5ed or Superior ATOs, etc etc.  

3 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

I should have asked this earlier. Forget about all the number crunching.

What makes this build fun for you?

For me, it's the great AOE damage and defensive variety. The single target damage is icy on the cake.

Well, always loved Frozen Aura.  Love that foot stomp action 🙂  Frost + Frozen Aura and now Water Spout and Caltrops, I feel like I have the AOE and the Single Target.  Stalker, so damage never feels like to much of an issue when soloing.

I do wish Stalkers had a straight up Ice/Cold Mastery though.  Leviathan was the closest I can get to that.  Would be nice if Stalker version of Ninjitsu got some of that +Spd of Scrapper/Sentinel version 🙂