FrostFire defeated twice - once for bad and once for good

DougGraves

Joined a Frostfire team tonight.  I try to join whenever one comes up.  And I was on Troll Recruiter, so I enjoyed clearing out Outcasts to make the Hollows safe for trolls.

It took awhile to get a team of 8.  A second character was 4 outcasts away from getting FrostFire from Flux as well.  So we swept a bit to get to his mission.

We started FrostFire and Keystone was the first enemy by the door.  We cleared the 2nd spawn when we got the FrostFire cut scene.  A minute later and the mission was complete.  One of the players had rushed to the end to solo the mission.  Everyone else was annoyed.  That player left the team.

So we left the mission, recruited up, and did the 2nd characters FrostFire all of the way through.  It was a blast.  Fun team, good times.

• Like 1

I'm the same way. I will join a Frostfire team anytime I see one advertised unless I am tied up. However, I won't rush the end and finish it.  That style of playing truly ruins the experience for a lot of players. I do hope you put 1 star above his head and placed him on ignore to avoid him doing that to you again.

If I join a team, I am happy to run however the team sees fit.  For my own preference, I like to defeat everything.  I go down obscure hallways and unused paths just to search out every last baddie.  Even after mission complete, I have been known to keep searching.  My son is the same way so we play well together.  I solo a lot just so I don't impose my style on others or feel rushed.  Its always nice when you get a team with the same playstyle!

• Thanks 1

Used to love doing Frostfire back in the original game's run.  However, after over 400 confirmed missions (probably closer to 500, though I stopped counting), I'm a tad burned out.  I've only done it a couple of times since May.  Still, one doesn't run a mission 400+ times if it isn't a lot of fun.

I'd often wished in the original run that the devs had come up with a second major Frostfire mission (new Zig escape?) higher up in the rankings, say level 35, and plenty of ice to slide on.  

I set my FF missions at +2 or 3 (depending on close I am to leveling) and play old school you are all gonna die way, lol. It gets easier fast and is good xp for those who can keep it together. The reason I do this is to keep the mobs from being green leveled by time we get to the 3rd floor.

Edited by Solarverse

After running the Hollows on dozens of alts over the years I have zero interest in the zone.  Frostfire is a good mission and it's fun but after so many years I just hate the zone with a fiery passion.  I haven't set foot in there except for the badges since shutdown.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

After running the Hollows on dozens of alts over the years I have zero interest in the zone.  Frostfire is a good mission and it's fun but after so many years I just hate the zone with a fiery passion.  I haven't set foot in there except for the badges since shutdown.

I would like to see a version of Hollows pop up that puts it back to what it once was. The one that currently exists is just pure easy mode.

On 1/19/2020 at 4:34 PM, Lines said:

Frostfire does appear in a tip mission. I can't remember which one exactly.

Frosty appears in my favourite tip mission, My Other Selveshttps://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mission:Tip_-_My_Other_Selves

He also appears in the hero/vigilante tip, Miss Thystle's Pleahttps://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mission:Tip_-_Miss_Thystle's_Plea

Spoiler: By level 40, he's rethought his life and redeemed himself as a hero.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 6:28 AM, EmmySky said:

If I join a team, I am happy to run however the team sees fit.  For my own preference, I like to defeat everything.  I go down obscure hallways and unused paths just to search out every last baddie.  Even after mission complete, I have been known to keep searching.  My son is the same way so we play well together.  I solo a lot just so I don't impose my style on others or feel rushed.  Its always nice when you get a team with the same playstyle!

I like full clears as well. When I'm doing tip missions, I'll try to leave some enemies for after I complete the last objective in hopes that a new tip will drop before I actually exit the mission.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 3:09 PM, Frostbiter said:

He's surprisingly lame as a Hero.

His lameness is part of his appeal. 

Background Oucast:  "Yeah, Appeal!" 

Frostfire:  "Shut Up!"  *kills Background Outcast*

Edited by Haijinx
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

His lameness is part of his appeal. 

Background Oucast:  "Yeah, Appeal!" 

Frostfire:  "Shut Up!"  *kills Background Outcast*

We've all wanted to Freeze Ray that one annoying guy at the party..

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper