Add an IO set with a Damage + Endurance Modification

oedipus_tex

I wish there was an IO set that featured damage and Endurance Mod together. While there are a lot of powers that do damage that have a secondary effect where enhancing the secondary effect is difficult, endurance mod bonuses are so poor, and the lack of damage procs so accute, that no one really slots for it.

Putting a damage proc in that set would also make electric powers competitive with -Defense and-ToHit sets.

• Like 3

As someone who has had several characters over the years with electric blast and found it to be under performing, I am in favor of having some more offensive endurance modification IOs.

Perhaps change the existing IO set: Energy Manipulator, to scale from levels 21-50, expanding the set to 6 IO's and combine damage/accuracy and endmod. Examples being:

Endmod/Dam

Endmod/Acc

Endmod/Dam/Acc

Endmod/Rech

Rech/Range

Chance for Recovery Debuff

Set Bonuses:

2: +2% Damage

3: +2.25% Energy/Negative Resistance // +3.75% Mez Res

4: +5% Accuracy

5:  +5% Recharge

6: +2.5% Ranged Def // +1.5% Pos/Neg Energy Def

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think it'd be helpful to look at the current two popular Endmod sets+Bonuses.

PERFORMANCE SHIFTER

Performance Shifter: Endurance Modification,

Performance Shifter: Endurance Modification/Recharge,

Performance Shifter: Endurance Modification/Recharge/Accuracy,

Performance Shifter: Recharge/Accuracy,

Performance Shifter: Endurance Modification/Accuracy, and

Performance Shifter: Chance for +Endurance .-PROC

Only one of each of these types of enhancements may be slotted per power.

The following set bonuses apply when slotting more than one of the enhancements in this set into a single power:

Two enhancements improves your Movement by 5%.

Three enhancements increases maximum Health by 1.88%.

Four enhancements increases Recovery by 2.5%.

Five enhancements improves the Damage of all your powers by 2.5%.

Six enhancements increases Area Effect Defense by 3.13%.

Six enhancements increases Fire and Cold Defense by 1.565%.

------------------

EFFICACY ADAPTOR

Efficacy Adaptor: Endurance Modification,

Efficacy Adaptor: Endurance Modification/Recharge,

Efficacy Adaptor: Endurance Modification/Recharge/Accuracy,

Efficacy Adaptor: Recharge/Accuracy,

Efficacy Adaptor: Endurance Modification/Accuracy, and

Efficacy Adaptor: Endurance Modification/Endurance Reduction.

Only one of each of these types of enhancements may be slotted per power.

The following set bonuses apply when slotting more than one of the enhancements in this set into a single power:

Two enhancements increases maximum Health by 1.13%.

Three enhancements increases Recovery by 1.5%.

Four enhancements improves your Regeneration by 10%.

Five enhancements improves the Damage of all your powers by 2.5%.

Six enhancements improves the Recharge of all your powers by 5%.

----------------------------------------------

Based off the info above, one could argue that the devs felt it needed that the endmod sets would best be partnered with recharge/acc combos, rather than any other combat attribute. Interesting enough, in BOTH sets, they felt the need to add damage as a possible set bonus if 5 of one set were added to one power. So here's my questions for the OP:

1) I understand the lack of procs in regards to damage, but how come a damage proc would have to be added to an endmod set? Why not an accuracy set/res/def/debuff set?

2) Let's say consideration for damage among endmod sets were implemented, how would this balance out for ATs such as stalkers/scrappers/brutes where damage is already considered high and this could possibly eliminate the need for Musculature Alpha slot?

3) You mention electric powers specifically, but you're suggesting endmod/damage together as a set which would affect many ATs and powers. How would you propose that be balanced out?

4) Would endmod/damage be better proposed for certain ATOs rather than general sets?

Edited by CU_Krow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CU_Krow said:

1) I understand the lack of procs in regards to damage, but how come a damage proc would have to be added to an endmod set? Why not an accuracy set/res/def/debuff set?

2) Let's say consideration for damage among endmod sets were implemented, how would this balance out for ATs such as stalkers/scrappers/brutes where damage is already considered high and this could possibly eliminate the need for Musculature Alpha slot?

I'm not the OP, but my opinion over the first two questions you raise Krow:

1). I thought the same way with my concept of reworking a hardly used End Mod set, and thought Debuff Recovery would be useful for characters looking at improving efficiency sapping (electric blast will drain endurance but has difficulty in shutting down recovery), as I added the damage component the OP was looking for into the actual enhancement values, which feeds into your second point.

2). By not having it as a separate proc, the enhanced value is still subject to Enhancement Diversification, so even taking Musculature, it's only going to allow for so much damage in an enhanced value.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

As i was looking over the IO sets i noticed that Endurance modification isn't the only genre that needs some love. For example there are NO recharge sets. none and there are plenty of powers who's sole purpose is recharge not including hasten. There are no sets for Placate or that old-school power pool power acrobatics. Now im not advocating these. Im just saying. At least there are Endurance modification sets. 

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

• 3 weeks later
On 2/5/2020 at 9:58 PM, oedipus_tex said:

I wish there was an IO set that featured damage and Endurance Mod together.

Wish GRANTED!

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Im of mixxed minds on this, because as a big fan of dark melee and its siphon life attack, and mental 2ndary and its drain psyche I know the struggle of trying to make a power be both a good attack and a good heal or end recovery ability at the same time.

This is keenly true with the dark melee life drain attack as its also one of its hardest hitting attacks.

Yes franken setting does work to some extent and is in general our only real option. But when you ponder who pure dps sets like fire dont really ever have to make such a harsh choice and is able to make use of full dps sets with no issue it does grate abit.

I mean in general power sets with 2ndary effects like dark, elec, etc are already a touch lower dps( not a lot but a touch) then pure dps sets like good ol fire, then on top of that they have to give up set bonuses to come even close to making well rounded use of their abilities.

ED was to encourage using more aspects of a powers enhancement options. They added IO sets to further expand and reward that concept by creating sets that for more simple power sets equals a easy direct power boost, while for others it forces far more struggle trying to enhance several desired aspects of a power at once, only because they didnt create sets that play to such powers.

We have accurate to hit debuff sets, acccurate heal sets, but not a set that lets one enhance to hit, dmg, and healing, or end all at once. Why can sets be allowed to round out all the basics dmg,acc,end red, rech but not the utility aspects at the same time? It feels like it unfairly caters more to the raw power sets and not the more complex ones.

That is where my mind is on it, really in a hm maybe it wouldnt be wrong to add sets that do such, but maybe it would be just straight power creep.