In game mini games

Troo

So like when are we actually gonna be able to bet on Furious George?

Can we get monkey fight club for our bases?

There are many opportunities for mini games inside the game. (pin ball machines, card tables, slot machines, etc.)

I can't remember ever seeing an actual list of all the mini-games and my search foo didn't turn up much.

• PVP mini games (at least 6)
Spoiler
  • Bloody Bay Minigame: Shivan Strike
  • Siren's Call Minigame: Battle for Siren's Call
  • Siren's Call Minigame: Bounty Hunting
  • Warburg Minigame: Launch the Warburg Rocket
  • Recluse's Victory Minigame: Recluse's Victory Zone Control

Arena - Where upto 64 Heroes or Villains battle in teams, duels, or in huge FFAs known as a battle royale.

• Arena Minigame: Gladiator matches (Pokemon-style gladiators against those of your opponent(s) using Mastermind style controls)
  • Spoiler

Introduced in Issue 6 was a fun mini-game in the arena called Gladiator
    matches. In such matches you take your team of Gladiators (NPC mobs you
    would usually fight in-game) that you've unlocked through collecting badges
    and fight them against another team of player controlled Gladiators. It's
    an indirect form of PvP that exists purely for bragging rights (although you
    do get two badges from winning enough Gladiator matches). Each Gladiator
    has a point cost to use (you have XXXX points to spend on building a team)
    and you can have a maximum of three Gladiators of any one type in a match.

Heroes and Villain players have several unique Gladiators type available to
    them which can make Hero vs Villain Gladiator matches something different
    than if you were just fighting your "own" side.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/536558-city-of-heroes/faqs/44506

• Base Raid Minigame (inactive?): Members of two Super Groups go at it in a battle set inside an SG base

http://web.archive.org/web/20080119235822/http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7313165&Main=7313165

• Event mini games
  • Badges
  • Accolades Powers

If you know of an mini game and don't mind sharing please post em.

Edited by Troo
  • Like 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Damn RIGHT you put your money on Furious George!  That monkey's absolutely bananas in the cage!   . . . despite what Joe Young keeps saying about Banana-nator.

But you know what, I'm going to make it happen!

I am going to run a Monkey Fight Night Event!  As soon as I can find a day on my schedule, and a couple of "Corneliuses" to my "Joe Young" to help with bookkeeping, I will provide players with a night of monkey gambling in-game!

I'll even make sure that the house -doesn't- always win, just so players can have a fun night!

Postscript:  If you want to be one of my Corneliuses and help out, please get in touch!  This will take place on the Everlasting Shard.  'cause if we're going to do Secret Monkey Fight Club right, we're going to do it with roleplay!

The (in)famous "Find the mission door in Faultline!" mini-game.

Yes, I know it's not the type of mini-game you're talking about, but I have toon running the Faultline arcs for the first time since Live...  so it's on my mind.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Port Oakes: (Ghost Hunting Mini-Game) In Fort Hades lure the Spectral Pirates over to the ghost traps & trap 100 of them (defeating the Spectral Pirates within a small radius of the ghost trap) to earn the Spectral Badge.

The Spectral Pirates only spawn at night, & are between levels nine to fifteen.

If the ghost trap overloads it will spawn multiple Red Hands (Boss Tier Spectral Pirate) & Red Terror (Elite Boss Tier Spectral Pirate).

Would the Mother Ship Raid be considered a mini-game? If so, would the zone events?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

• 2 months later
On 2/25/2020 at 9:21 AM, Obus Form said:

1 lane brawl using all COX Heroes, AVs, GMs, archetypes, powersets, etc.

One lane brawl is endless enemies?

• 2 weeks later

Enhancement converter roulette - you win if you convert a tray full of worthless rares  to a tray full of good rares with no re-rolls.

Or you can play with the opposite goal - after spending 10 converters you still have a tray full of junk. 

9 hours ago, Darkneblade said:

bumping because why not?

It's Thursday, that's is a good reason.

On 2/19/2020 at 12:44 PM, Doc_Scorpion said:

The (in)famous "Find the mission door in Faultline!" mini-game.

Yes, I know it's not the type of mini-game you're talking about, but I have toon running the Faultline arcs for the first time since Live...  so it's on my mind.

o m f g! YES! that mission sucked so bad

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?