Server Swapping

Clave Dark 5

I started out on Indom but as I often play at super-late/early hours, I need to be on Excelsior if I want to have any real chance of finding a team.  I know swapping a toon from one server to another is easier now, but how much moreso?  Is there a limit on the number of times, or how many times within a time period, anything like that?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Thanks.  Is that five per my account, or a character?  I'm guessing it's five times per account.

Fort some reason I just don't feel I can completely abandon my first new server is all.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Cool, thanks!

Go have fun!

I've been visiting for close to a week now, started up a blaster and a defender, who's getting more of the love (it's a long story).  But seeing as I have some 50s, it'd be nice to be able to do something with them at 3 am other than solo.  But I still want to keep a foot over on Indom for the MSR that Eda hosts!

Go have fun!

At the top of your character select screen, there is a button in the middle to transfer. Just like there are buttons to rename or delete a character.

• Like 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

While most of my play has been on Excelsior for many months now, its a very nice QOL feature to be able to swap so frequently on HC.  It’s also worth it to keep at least one higher level AT that you’ve otherwise “retired” on your alt servers and build a SG base using that one.  That way you’ve got this nice little home for any characters that come visiting.  Not as necessary for travel given all the SG’s that are open now, but helpful for salvage storage, etc.

• Like 1

If you want to keep a name, better keep an alt on a server.  Your main Soandso may be on Server1, you move to Server2 where it may/may not be available; but leaving Server1 leaves the name open to who ever wants it.  Simple solution is change the name of the main character, transfer off, and name the alt as the name to hold it.

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer