Early Incarnates Mini Guide

LKMarleigh

1 minute ago, LexiLightstar said:

I feel like I'm missing something. I'm trying to get my Alpha from Tier 3 to Tier 4 and the components require shards. I see no options in my convert tab to create Notice of the Well or Favor of the Well with Emp Merits. Which I have hundreds of. What am I missing?

As with the other Alpha tiers, the powers can be created with shard components or thread components.  Scroll down farther and you'll see the thread component options.

• 4 weeks later

So I just hit 50 and have unlocked my incarnate slots. When I went to craft the components for my first incarnate (I chose Agility), I did not see an option to craft the component with incarnate threads, rather it required incarnate shards. Am i missing something? All the guides and YouTube videos show threads being used.

You must really be dedicated to get enough shards for that!  Where did you get them?  I get a random drops occasionally, but never more than a handful in total by the time I have all my T4s.

If memory serves, shards were the only Incarnate 'currency' when Incarnate powers first came out and there was only the Alpha slot.  As soon as there were more slots, everything could be made with threads.

On 9/26/2019 at 6:39 AM, dwgemster said:

So I just hit 50 and have unlocked my incarnate slots. When I went to craft the components for my first incarnate (I chose Agility), I did not see an option to craft the component with incarnate threads, rather it required incarnate shards. Am i missing something? All the guides and YouTube videos show threads being used.

This confused me for the longest time as well. 

There are actually two recipies. you need to scroll down to see the second one that contains the components that use threads for crafting. 

Hope that makes sense. Happy hunting. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 7:33 AM, Rylas said:

I'm not finding where threads can create some of the higher tier Alpha components. The Tier 2 Musculature I want to craft requires an Infinite Tessellation. Which requires a Dimensional Keystone. Both require shards to be crafted. Is there somewhere I'm not looking that allows threads to create these items?

On 5/26/2019 at 11:49 PM, LKMarleigh said:

You are looking at the wrong recipes, scroll past the recipes that require shard ingredients to the recipes that require thread ingredients

Evidently, I'm a little dense today... Unfortunately, I also don't recall how this was done in Live either...  😞

So, let's start with a simple Alpha example.  I'm level 50, and my Alpha slot is unlocked.  I would like to craft my Tier 1 Alpha Power (Musculature). Based on the above quotes, I should be able to do this with just Threads, but I cannot figure out how...  eg.

Musculature:  Requires Essence of the Incarnate, Hero 1 DNA, and Dimensional Keystone components to craft it.

When I open up my Incarnates UI  (Powers -> Incarnate Abilities) and I select the Create Tab, and then pick the Incarnate Thread dropdown, and then select Common, the only choices in the right-hand box are:

Arcane Cantrip Conversion  -- Biomorphic Goo Conversion -- Detailed Reports Conversion -- Enchanted Sand Conversion  Genomic Analysis Conversion
Meditation Techniques Conversion -- Nanotech Growth Medium Conversion -- Supercharged Capacitor Conversion

All of these components require 20 threads, but none of these Commons are the ones listed for the Musculature Power.

If I look in the Incarnate Shards section, I DO find those items, all requiring 4 Incarnate Shards to create.

So, what am I missing, or not understanding when it comes to creating the proper components using only Threads?

Thanks for your Help,

Edited by FourSpeed

1 hour ago, Honorbridge said:

There is a scroll bar on the right side of your alpha recipes.  Click on the alpha you are interested in to lock its information in the window, then scroll down to find the thread recipes.

Bingo!  That was it... Never saw the scroll bar on the Powersets -- was looking for it on the Incarnate Threads screen only...    Dense of me (as previously noted)  😉

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later

1) The only way I've found (aside from the announcement you get when you level) is to go to Menu > Personal Info.

2) Powers > Incarnate Abilities > Convert tab  (also note the comments above about scrolling all the way down on the Alpha power recipes)

On 10/2/2019 at 2:34 PM, Honorbridge said:

There is a scroll bar on the right side of your alpha recipes.  Click on the alpha you are interested in to lock its information in the window, then scroll down to find the thread recipes.

or you can just expand the size of the interface screen and see both without having to scroll

• 1 month later