What now?

Hello my fellow Heroes and Villains....

This game is really the only game that I play in my spare time. I used to be addicted to FPS, and then happened to make the jump to this amazing world and I was hooked instantly. 

I've created a few toons and done some experimenting with different themes, builds, etc.  But only two of them have occupied the time I can spare and made it to 50+ with Tier 4 Incarnate.  I kinda have limited time to invest so I have to pick and choose what to focus on a little more carefully. 

I was just wondering, what's your all's favorite thing to focus on aside from leveling and maxing out your toons?  Badges?  Taking your time and enjoying each story arc?  Task Forces?  I know I've gone back and replayed certain story arcs just so that I can re-read the character's interactions and take my time getting the most out of them.  I also happen to be a bit of a costume whore (sorry about the language lol) so I'm ALWAYS going back and trying out different looks for my toons. Anyways, just curious from your all's perspectives, for you, what's next??

I like to do story arcs. I used to solo every story and side mission redside. Did it a few times. Recently tried again and made it past 30 before i wanted the thing incarnated   

these days i like helping out. It is real common on Everlasting for many people to jump into missions or help with difficult problems when someone gives a shout out. I do this quite often if i am not in a trial. 

and of course teaming and task forces. There is a lot to the game and i still do not have it all worked out. I need to do a Blueside story arc toon. Just worked out in my head a different plan for it.  Go to ouro and look at each story arc listed and just do those and call it done. Traditionally i have hunted and scoured every contact and did every story arc and mission badge or not. 

and so... obsessing over gaming. Pretty much the meta activity here lol

• Like 1

Common time syncs outside of leveling and normal game play

• Costume Creation
  • Create AE Stories and Custom characters.
  • Demo Recording (making mini movies using the game)
  • Base Building
  • Super Group Activities
  • Siren's Call - Helping the NPCs win the zone
  • PVP Arena
  • PVP Gladiator (NPC matches)
  • with Hami raids, Mother Ship raids and seasonal events.
  • Like 4

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 3/1/2020 at 11:27 PM, HeidiMarquedt said:

Hello my fellow Heroes and Villains....

This game is really the only game that I play in my spare time. I used to be addicted to FPS, and then happened to make the jump to this amazing world and I was hooked instantly. 

I've created a few toons and done some experimenting with different themes, builds, etc.  But only two of them have occupied the time I can spare and made it to 50+ with Tier 4 Incarnate.  I kinda have limited time to invest so I have to pick and choose what to focus on a little more carefully. 

I was just wondering, what's your all's favorite thing to focus on aside from leveling and maxing out your toons?  Badges?  Taking your time and enjoying each story arc?  Task Forces?  I know I've gone back and replayed certain story arcs just so that I can re-read the character's interactions and take my time getting the most out of them.  I also happen to be a bit of a costume whore (sorry about the language lol) so I'm ALWAYS going back and trying out different looks for my toons. Anyways, just curious from your all's perspectives, for you, what's next??

Some of the higher level villain storu lines are well done and have interesting plot twists, compared to hero side (smash and rescue).  Without spoiling, it may be worth your time to run them and read all the in game text, clues, dialogue etc.

• Like 1

My favorite thing is to join a team lvl 8-32 and just fight villains in missions.  If I can get a team I am happy. 

In my spare time I create alts and level them to some planned level so they sit ready to team.

I rarely run solo missions.

I was just wondering, what's your all's favorite thing to focus on aside from leveling and maxing out your toons? 

I've run every story arc on the highest difficulty setting on Villain and Hero side. Done all the praet, night, first ward, DA arcs. A lot of these, most especially the non-hero ones have arcs worth enjoying the story and whatnot for.

Solo'd almost every GM/AV/TF/Trial in the game

Badged up to over 1000

Collected retarded amounts of merits/emps/incarn loot etc on my one main toon

And now I run mostly TFs, becoming expert at them with the peeps I run with, so we see how fast/efficiently or better yet new interesting approaches to decimating targets quickly. (For example our average times for an apex/tin mage are now 9-10 mins instead of 15-20 each)

Leveling and maxing out out toons is my least done activity. (have 6 fully realized, play mostly one toon (vet level 1039) with a side-helping of a second)

• Like 1

For me, it's about being able to fully realize some character concept that I created or was inspired to make an homage to.  It's not about certain powers or a particular costume - it's about the whole package and where I can take it...

5 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

What's been your favorite part so far?  For me, it's getting a new alt up to about level 22, so I end up with a lot of alts and I rarely take them to 50 and incarnate.

Same here except I usually hit that brick wall around level 32-35.  Then I start a new one.    Up close to 60 alts now.  But I do have 5 50's so that counts for something, right? 

• Like 1

For me, there is no 'next'.  I enjoy playing the game and teaming with other players.  That's what I'm here for.

My play style now is pretty much identical to years past on live.  I have a favorite character (Ironblade) who gets played about as much as all others combined.  Then I have a handful of other characters that I am leveling up toward 50.  When one hits 50, I'll usually play them a bit less and create a new character to level up.  Eventually, I end up with a whole stable of high level characters that I can use whenever a need arises for a particular AT or powerset.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.