Invisible costumes and weapons

I would dearly love to see an "Invisible" option (or maybe color?) available for costume pieces and weapons. This has already been done to an extent with Night Ward NPCs to create sentient "weapons" and "spells" and would further support other concepts like "Gun Hands" or just having claws on one hand (instead of taking Widow claws on the other and trying to pretend they aren't there).

• 2 weeks later

I'd like to also see some power or powersets with options to be invisible. With some of the defensive powersets especially, Everytime you activate another layer of protection another aura is applied. Before long you can hardly see the character it took you an hour to make up.

While on the subject of costumes.... Some cosmetic claws would be cool, even if they were smaller then the ones that go with the claws powerset. Also, on my night widow character the special outfit is only usable for the first costume slot and barely any other costume bits not part of the set can be used. Maybe you could unlock the special widow outfit parts for another character slot or two so it can be mixed with other costume parts.

I looked for it in the costume menu. I'll expand my search to include the graphics settings, although I don't think that's what I want. I don't want the effects viewable by other people as well so it don't get in the way of my character design.

I get what you mean.  We now have invisible heads that allow for headless characters, or floating orbs or brains in place of heads.  I too would like to see this concept expanded.  Particularly, I would like an entire "ghost" lower body.  Yeah, I'll be running around on invisible legs but all anyone will see from the waist down should be a vaporous cloud, pretty much like the Circle of Thorns spirits.

At the very least, could we please have a Headless variant without the bolted-on neck plate?  The current piece doesn't really jive with a lot of character concepts.  It would be nice to have a few variations, like matte finish, gaping maw, mystical votrex, fleshy stub, etc.

I'd love to see this as well.  There was a bug back in the day that I think lasted for less than a week before they fixed where selecting monstrous hands with some other option (jackets?  I don't recall) rendered the right hand (I think) invisible.  I rushed out a toon to take advantage of it of course, and could never change his costume afterwards lest it be "fixed", but it was still pretty cool.  A friend also had a similarly bugged costume set that made one of the jacket options mostly invisible, so he had an invisible chest.

I think for something like PVP you'd have to disable it lest people create "everything invisible" toons though.  Maybe only allow for say half the toon to be invisible or something?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I'd go a step further and say they should also have greater weapon proliferation with regards to models. Why not add all the sword, axe, and mace models to dual blades, so players can make costume options wielding axes and maces in tandem, or even allowing broadsword, axe, and war mace powersets share all models because at this point we know that some powersets are better than others and it would give greater creative freedom if a player wanted one costume to use a sword while another had a mace, especially since those three sets use the same animations anyways.

Other than Ice Armor, which is desperately in need of Minimal FX because it looks like ass cancer, none of the defensive powers actually prevent you from looking at your character.

I don't think anyone in this thread said anything about 'can't see my character' (at least not that I noticed). They were asking for invisible costume pieces, like an 'invisible'/'missing' arm/hand/whatever.