Make Lightning Field less noisy (Elec Manip/Mastery)

nihilii

On a Tanker or a Brute using Elec Armor, Lightning Field makes noise at toggle activation, then fades away nicely.

On a Blaster (Elec Manip) or a Sentinel (Elec Mastery), Lightning Field keeps making its loud activation noise for as long as the power is toggled up.

Is there any chance the sound behavior of all versions of Lightning Field could be aligned to the Elec Armor version?

• Like 1

I like it as is. IMO there has been enough sound effects nerfed in this game that I find it stealing from my enjoyment of the game. Now, if you would like to request an option to adjust certain sound effects, I can agree to that, but changing them and forcing the change on everyone just because you don't like them I can't support.  Remember, for every person who doesn't like something, there is a person who likes it.

1 hour ago, Solarverse said:

Remember, for every person who doesn't like something, there is a person who likes it.

Note to self: when in doubt between "Bug Reports" and "Suggestions & Feedback", remember there will always be droves of people telling you your suggestion sucks no matter how universally sensible you feel it is, whereas nobody bats an eye at a bug report. 😛

15 minutes ago, nihilii said:

Note to self: when in doubt between "Bug Reports" and "Suggestions & Feedback", remember there will always be droves of people telling you your suggestion sucks no matter how universally sensible you feel it is, whereas nobody bats an eye at a bug report. 😛

Happens to me too, haha.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

If only there were a way that a player could silence or change game sounds that annoy them...

Except, based on your last post right before helping me find the Focused Fighting hum, that particular sound hasn't been figured out?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Except, based on your last post right before helping me find the Focused Fighting hum, that particular sound hasn't been figured out?

Hmmm... right you are. I will spend hours looking for a particular sound and hit a wall, then I just need to take a break. I should give it another go.  <.<

Although, I got slowed down at the time because Beta was down for an extended period at the time.

Although, that the sound doesn't fade on the Blaster or Sentinel would actually be a bug.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

5 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Although, that the sound doesn't fade on the Blaster or Sentinel would actually be a bug.

I don't think so. Not all powers had the sounds nerfed. I personally miss all those sounds not fading, I wish there were a way for me to get them back without forcing them on others. Actually, since I am wishing here, I wish the OG Devs had made it an option to begin with instead of taking away from the the game something some of us loved. Same with the sound effects no longer stacking for Emp Heals and other random sound effect nerfs.

The thing I hate most about these nerfs to sound effects and graphics, is that none of them are ever made an option, which really pisses me off.  😠

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Solarverse

Just now, Solarverse said:

I don't think so. Not all powers had the sounds nerfed. I personally miss all those sounds not fading, I wish there were a way for me to get them back without forcing them on others. Actually, since I am wishing here, I wish the OG Devs had made it an option to begin with instead of taking away from the the game something some of us loved. Same with the sound effects no longer stacking for Emp Heals and other random sound effect nerfs.

The thing I hate most about these nerfs to sound effects and graphics, is that none of them are ever made an option, which really pisses me off.  😠

Yeah, I wish that they played the sounds in the CC and provided options to fade or even turn off sfx for each power.

• Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Just now, Oubliette_Red said:

Yeah, I wish that they played the sounds in the CC and provided options to fade or even turn off sfx for each power.

Ditto. Or an option on the player side to fade or not fade all toggle powers. That way they can change it on their own end. I miss that sound Invuln Tanks had that would persist, when I stood next to an Invuln Tanker and heard his sound effects running, it felt like I was standing next to a being full of raw power. Now, they are quiet and meh. For me anyway. I'm a bit passionate about these things, maybe even too much, but that's me...very passionate about every thing and every one that I care about.  🙂

59 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Hmmm... right you are. I will spend hours looking for a particular sound and hit a wall, then I just need to take a break. I should give it another go.  <.<

Although, I got slowed down at the time because Beta was down for an extended period at the time.

I've had a couple of attempts at finding that sound to no avail. I've a hunch that it is using some environmental sound file but that's mainly a guess.

1 hour ago, Oubliette_Red said:

For what it's worth, I did take a quick look at the time with an eye towards replacing that obnoxious hum with a copy of my "BlessedSilence" sound file.  'No luck finding the right one, though. 

Parabola may be right about it being an environmental...

And Solar, I was one of the people absolutely overjoyed when those stacking sound effects were slapped with a nerf-bat and buried in a proverbial unmarked grave at the crossroads. They were awful enough to make playing a few of my Live characters actively painful. Loud effects like that can be the devil when you wear headphones to play, even with the game volume turned down.

I didn't discover the ability to replace sound files entirely until the game re-appeared. I *wish* I had known about that "back in the day" when the Ear Killers were still a thing. o_0

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

4 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

And Solar, I was one of the people absolutely overjoyed when those stacking sound effects were slapped with a nerf-bat and buried in a proverbial unmarked grave at the crossroads. They were awful enough to make playing a few of my Live characters actively painful. Loud effects like that can be the devil when you wear headphones to play, even with the game volume turned down.

I'm glad it was a great QoL change or you. However, I also play with headphones and what was noise or you was music for me. I'm just saying I wish they had made it an option instead of outright getting rid of them. One thing I like about single player games, you get what you get. There are no forums to get things changed. You take the game as it is or you play another game. MMO's on the other hand, things players love can always be at risk of being removed if enough people find something about that game troublesome. Which is why I will ALWAYS prefer options over outright changes when it comes to things like this.

I was not always understanding, I used to view people who got these changes put in place as the enemy. Over time I learned to be a bit more understanding. However, I will never be for a QoL change like this unless it is made an option, simply because I do not believe one person's dislike for something should trump another persons love for it if it can at all be prevented and made an option.  I think these sound effects could have been made an option, it's just the OG Devs didn't give a shit enough about the people who loved those sounds to take the extra time to make them options. I'm really hoping these Devs are going to treat these things differently. If we lose enough sounds that I love, well...there are other servers to play on. I would really hate to switch servers over a sound effect, but it is an option for me...and as I said earlier, I love me some options.  😄

Huzzah!

10 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Description: Lightning Field (Blaster - Elec Manip, Sentinel - Elec Mastery)

Folder name: Powers

File name: ChainLight2_loop.ogg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2