Patch Notes for March 17th, 2020

• Developer

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a client crash that could occur when combining enhancements
  • Fixed the enhancement screen to correctly show salvage (boosters & catalysts) in the second slot when combining
Edited by The Curator
  • Like 6

Yay!  So does this mean we'll get the "Slave Leia" outfit?  Lol!

Edit: Opening the Patch Notes thread is like opening a Christmas present!  Lol!

Edited by Display Name
  • Like 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

1 minute ago, PeterDutcher said:

Several hours for a small update? lol

Well they're also doing some general maintenance on the server and they mentioned an OS update.  So they've explained it (though they really have no obligation to explain themselves).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheMuna said:

Well they're also doing some general maintenance on the server and they mentioned an OS update.  So they've explained it (though they really have no obligation to explain themselves).

Yup.  Just like the Windows desktop OS, the server OS are patched monthly. and share many of the same vulnerabilities.  I do server patching as a major part of my day job for 12,00+ servers.  So, I'm quite familiar with the process.  I also know that Server 2016 takes much longer to patch than previous versions, due to the sheer size of their cumulative roll-up patches.  Compressed, that single patch was almost 2gb, so it would be much bigger once uncompressed.  I've had servers with that version of the OS take almost two hours to complete.  It's supposed to be better in Server 2019 according to Microsoft, but I'm waiting to verify that.  Anyway, you can see that just doing the monthly security stuff can be pretty time consuming, and throwing on game patches likely just makes it take longer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What was no more, is REBORN!

I've experienced both of these bugs in the past week.  And here they are getting fixed, already. 

<I hope the fix wasn't to get rid of me... *blink*... am I here?>

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

4 minutes ago, sbels said:

what is the projection for the serves to be back up please

I believe they are up, according to the Discord server status message.  Also, there is a "server status" link at the very top of the forum page.  Either one is a good way to keep an an eye on things.

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

2 hours ago, The Curator said:

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the enhancement screen to correctly show salvage (boosters & catalysts) in the second slot when combining

I had this problem over the weekend! I'm sure you fixed it just for me!

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 11:37 AM, The Curator said:

Bug Fixes

FYI, it is STILL crashing while combining enhancements, worse than before I would say (5 crashes in last half hour trying to boost bereavement taunt enhancements.

3 hours ago, Invincer said:

FYI, it is STILL crashing while combining enhancements, worse than before I would say (5 crashes in last half hour trying to boost bereavement taunt enhancements.

Are you getting the option to collect crash logs?

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)