Go. Fold. Kill Coronavirus. Join the Homecoming Folding@home Team Today!

Jimmy

NICE!!  Top 100 is pretty amazing

finally got my rig back 'functional' again - not up to anything serious, but at least able to play CoH and run a few simple apps.  Still having some color fluctuations occasionally and some frame-stutter in the game, so not sure she is up to folding...

Well... at least that provides a stabilized, cool environment 🙂
... there is a LOT to be said for living below ground - most of it positive actually (well, as long as you are also above the local water table!!)

well, got my rig up enough I started folding again! (yay!) and it hasn't died yet (bigger YAY!) ... but having 'issues'.  Oh well, we'll see

I am just glad to see the community doing so well in all of this!  congrats again everyone!

14 hours ago, ps2man32 said:

Glad to hear your back up and folding. What issues do you have?

Well...

a) I seem to be generating periodic errors on my graphics card - which causes it to sometimes reject/be rejected for WUs.

b) WUs assigned to my graphics card are taking about twice as long as they did before (~3hrs instead of ~1.5hrs)

c) I am still getting some periodic 'color bleed' / shift when doing other things (gaming, watching a movie)

d) My motherboard/cpu continues to hang and generate errors on (re)boots, updates, etc. - all related to processes rather than a specific device or device group (HDs or USB or whatever) - it has been doing that for quite some time - it is just doing it more often since the 'Purple Haze' incident several days ago.  Took 6 *hours* to get it to boot all the way up the other day - different errors and never able to pin down any one cause. 😟 ... but I suppose some problems are to be expected - it is a bit over 8 years old (2 on the graphics card I think).

8 hours ago, Suicide-Squirrel said:

Custom loops are a pain in the a-, What user are you on the list?

They usually aren’t too bad vexceot when I can’t go to my local tote to get what I want/need for it. I’m folding under the name psyblade. 

3 hours ago, 1gecko said:

Well...

a) I seem to be generating periodic errors on my graphics card - which causes it to sometimes reject/be rejected for WUs.

b) WUs assigned to my graphics card are taking about twice as long as they did before (~3hrs instead of ~1.5hrs)

c) I am still getting some periodic 'color bleed' / shift when doing other things (gaming, watching a movie)

d) My motherboard/cpu continues to hang and generate errors on (re)boots, updates, etc. - all related to processes rather than a specific device or device group (HDs or USB or whatever) - it has been doing that for quite some time - it is just doing it more often since the 'Purple Haze' incident several days ago.  Took 6 *hours* to get it to boot all the way up the other day - different errors and never able to pin down any one cause. 😟 ... but I suppose some problems are to be expected - it is a bit over 8 years old (2 on the graphics card I think).

Ouch. Sorry to hear about the problems. I have some spare hardware I’m gonna start to liquidate soon. Send me a pm if you might be interested in any of it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1