Go. Fold. Kill Coronavirus. Join the Homecoming Folding@home Team Today!

Jimmy

So I'm folding and already got 4 work units down... and I check what is working on my GPU.

It says it takes 7 hours to per fold, it needs to complete the work unit in just over a day to complete the work unit for it to count, and is expected to complete the work unit in about a month (28 days).

So rather then tie up my graphics card for a month... 

How do I reset/refresh/download a different work unit just for the GPU slot?

I'm using Win 7 (yes its a dinosaur... it works damnit!)

Edited by SteelRaines
Wording

If that's the unit of measure for winning, its been set in stone for months and no point in trying. I needed to update my old rig, but the push was the chance to get a costume or two. The top ten are unlikely to be unseated. I'd need 2 or 3 computers like I just built and about 6 months to even have a chance of catching up. I'm not going to stop but see little point in running my computer at full throttle 24/7.

If I may suggest and I think I saw it elsewhere, a just for that month's point table, not total since start table?

Rank 102

12,539,157 pts.

Edited by Mercy Mauser

On 7/8/2020 at 12:49 AM, GM Miss said:

!! All winners please send me a pm.....

Do unclaimed wins go back in the mix for someone else to win? Or are they lost? 

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

I've noticed lately that my GPU work units are taking substantially longer to fold. At first I thought that maybe these Moonshot WU's were just much larger and that's why it's taking about a full day per WU, but I've also seen that the points awarded for each one are only about 1/5th what previous WU's have awarded. Not caring so much about the points, just use it as some sort of measure for my graphics card. Task Manager says my GPU is around 10% utilization when I have set folding to full power. Does this mean I have a problem with my graphics card, a setting with the program, or does it sound like it's folding as it should be?

Update: It looks like there is a known problem with AMD GPU's and the Moonshot WU's, possibly/probably driver related. Current WU was estimated to take 2 full days to complete this morning, as of this afternoon it's now at almost 3 full days.

On 7/9/2020 at 12:08 PM, Mercy Mauser said:

If that's the unit of measure for winning, its been set in stone for months and no point in trying. I needed to update my old rig, but the push was the chance to get a costume or two. The top ten are unlikely to be unseated. I'd need 2 or 3 computers like I just built and about 6 months to even have a chance of catching up. I'm not going to stop but see little point in running my computer at full throttle 24/7.

If I may suggest and I think I saw it elsewhere, a just for that month's point table, not total since start table?

Rank 102

12,539,157 pts.

The points used for the rewards are monthly points. At least they are for June. 

you can check Extreme overclocking folding stats for more detailed information on points for all team members. 

1 hour ago, Aaronar said:

Update: It looks like there is a known problem with AMD GPU's and the Moonshot WU's, possibly/probably driver related. Current WU was estimated to take 2 full days to complete this morning, as of this afternoon it's now at almost 3 full days.

Ouch. That’s annoying. Hopefully there is a fix soon. Otherwise it looks like people will be dropping WU. 

A relatively easy way to drop would be remove the slot than re-add. There is a file you can delete but I forget where it is off hand. 

3 hours ago, Psyblade said:

Ouch. That’s annoying. Hopefully there is a fix soon. Otherwise it looks like people will be dropping WU. 

A relatively easy way to drop would be remove the slot than re-add. There is a file you can delete but I forget where it is off hand. 

I wonder if there's a way to decline any Moonshot WU's besides manually dropping one every time it appears.

12 minutes ago, Aaronar said:

I wonder if there's a way to decline any Moonshot WU's besides manually dropping one every time it appears.

I’m not sure. My ppd has taken a hit too with these. Just not quite as hard as an AMD card. 

4 hours ago, Psyblade said:

I’m not sure. My ppd has taken a hit too with these. Just not quite as hard as an AMD card. 

Folding while playing City my completion time has been cut almost in half, GPU is running at 100% but what City isn't using is being funneled to F@H. When not playing city GPU is only at 1% usage.

7 hours ago, Aaronar said:

Folding while playing City my completion time has been cut almost in half, GPU is running at 100% but what City isn't using is being funneled to F@H. When not playing city GPU is only at 1% usage.

Sounds like a driver issue with that specific WU or a coding issue with the WU. Should report that back to the F@H team. 

22 hours ago, Psyblade said:

The points used for the rewards are monthly points. At least they are for June. 

you can check Extreme overclocking folding stats for more detailed information on points for all team members. 

That is truly depressing. I shall rise into the 90's and probably stay there, my daily doesn't hold a candle to the top 10. They do more in one hour than I do all day.

Edited by Mercy Mauser

1 hour ago, Mercy Mauser said:

That is truly depressing. I shall rise into the 90's and probably stay there, my daily doesn't hold a candle to the top 10. They do more in one hour than I do all day.

I agree it is depressing to see those numbers put out by the leaders.

Remember there are random draws for participating in spite of poor machine performance as long as you complete one work unit, your in the draw.

5 hours ago, Hardship said:

I agree it is depressing to see those numbers put out by the leaders.

Remember there are random draws for participating in spite of poor machine performance as long as you complete one work unit, your in the draw.

Yeah my luck has sucked for that sort random drawing all my life. Well, I did get a black titanium One Ring that was wildly against odds my finger size. Was meant to be worn on a chain. Replacement prize at a small Traveller Con, they were out of what I should have gotten, I like the ring better.

I can't find anything on the F@H forums about it, but it would appear that the Moonshot WU's have been adjusted. Last day or two they seem to be averaging the same time and point distribution as others.

Ok maybe not all are fixed but they are getting much better.

Edited by Aaronar

• Retired Lead Game Master

Hi everyone! Here are the July winners.

March Winners

April Winners

May Winners

June Winners

July Winners

July 2020

🏆Here is our list of winners for Top 10🏆
1. HC_Ura_Hero with 129,746,393 points!
2. HC_Psyblade with
 125,619,947 points!
3. HC_CMOT_Dibbler  with 79,467,254 points!
4. HC_Malohin with  77,313,417 points!
5. HC_MChemManiac with 75,092,512 points!
6. HC_Some_Girl with 68,943,195 points!
7. HC_Icee_Bear with 61,623,185 points!
8. HC_Super_Sloth with 56,158,204 points!
9. HC_Count_Midnight with 53,256,460 points!
HC_Polymidis with 47,280,438 points!

Here is our list of random winners with 
at least 5 work units! 

HC_Maleficent
HC_Boogs
HC_Force_five
HC_MechaMarshmallow
HC_Warpcore_Breach
HC_Protocol_9
HC_CptGreedle
HC_Nova_Chronum
HC_Mystic_Cross
HC_Ariel'

Here is our list of random winners with at least 1 work unit! 

HC_Rootkit
HC_Felixthedogbat
HC_Clearsong
HC_Heartsong928
HC_CaptainAardvark
HC_Doctor_Menlo
HC_Mrityu
HC_DrMindscythe
HC_Matt_Miracle
HC_Belial84

See you guys next month for more prizes! 

>> Check costumes out here! <<
!! All winners please send me a pm with the costume you would like (it's account wide and will be located in the P2W vendor), thank you !! 

!! Merits in the mail soon - located under character items !!

Edited by GM Miss
  • Like 2

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

My daily points have more than halved.........don't know why. I seem to have reached my semi-permanent ranking. 82-85 ish is where I have been bouncing around for a couple weeks now, the halving of daily points isn't helping.

Edited by Mercy Mauser

• 4 weeks later