Solarverse's SFX Consolidated List of Mods

On 8/27/2020 at 5:26 PM, Solarverse said:

New Terminator Plasma Rifle SFX Mod for Beam Rifle! Now available exclusively on the CoH Modder Tool!

I just tried this.  It is amazingly awesome.  Makes Beam Rifle so enjoyable.  This needs to be standard.  I feel sorry for everyone else playing with me who has listen to the original sounds. 

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Did I say Thank you?

• Haha 1

Water Damage - Water/Ice Blaster

Atom Bum -  Rad/Fire Brute
Abyssal - Titan Weapon/Bio Scrapper
Razer's Edge - Katana/Bio Brute

On 8/28/2020 at 3:21 AM, Snowsarn said:

Just tried them out, they'r great! 🙂 👍

The Terminator Mod has been updated. Check which version you you have, the latest version is version 6. If you don't have version 6, I would suggest updating.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1

Hey everyone! There are several new mods on the main posted thread that have been listed! Be sure to check it out and see if any peek your interest! All available on @The Philotic Knight's CoH Modder Tool!

Also, there are several mods that have been updated, so be sure you have the latest versions!

Latest Version List

Flight Realistic SFX Mod (v4)
Kinetic Melee Soul Mage Mod (v2)

Lightning Improved SFX Mod (v2)

Psionic Blast Movie SFX Mod (v2)

Slight Claws Adjustments Mod (v4)

Terminator Plasma Rifle SFX for Beam Rifle (v6)

All other mods remain the same. If the version you have does not match what you see above, please be sure to update them by Removing them via the Remove button and Uninstalling them. Once uninstalled, they will reappear in the Uninstalled Server Mods list and you can reinstall the latest version from there!

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1

ANOTHER UPDATE:

If you have downloaded my mods manually, the Modder Tool will not uninstall those files. My suggestion is to delete all Sound Mods from me, then use the Modder Tool to reinstall them. This way you can install and uninstall at will and you do not have to figure out which file goes with which mod. This is especially helpful with the Lightsaber Mod due to those files being used in multiple ways in the game. It's annoying seeing a Ninja Pet whip out a sword and you hear Lightsabers instead of swords when you are not playing your Lightsaber wielding character. So it is helpful to be able to install and uninstall the Lightsaber mod depending on when you play your Duel Blades/Katana characters.

Also, anytime a mod gets updated, it is much easier to uninstall those mods and delete them, then reinstall them to get the latest versions if you have them all installed from the CoH Mod Tool instead of if you installed them manually, since updated versions are not available to install manually. So if you have not done so already, please uninstall any manually installed SFX mods and Download @The Philotic Knight's CoH Modder Tool and download all the mods directly from there. It is an extremely useful program and does all of the work for you, while making it easier to install/uninstall at will. If you know of anyone using these mods, please help them out and make this information available to them and spread the word! Thank you!

Edited by Solarverse
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I'm starting since yesterday a Sonic Attack sentry (a man). But the sounds of sonic screams don't sound very "beautiful". They don't sound like human voice screams, it's very synthetic. Would someone have made an sfx mod to have more "human" screams men and women? So when I say more human I mean that sound like human voices. At worst even animal voices/scries could perhaps go. Finally something that doesn't sound like the sounds of the game.
For example I think of the screams of the character from the Supergirl series. In season 3 there is a character named Julia Freeman / Purity. Her screams are very realistic, why not have the same kind of sonic screams for the female characters in the game and another one adapted to the male characters ? Of course there are a lot of attacks in the game, so there should be some variations, but we would really feel like playing Banshee (x-men)^^

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Salut, je commence depuis hier une sentinelle Sonic Attack (un homme). Mais les sons des cris soniques ne son pas très "beaux".  on ne dirait pas des hurlements de voix humaines, c'est très synthétique. Est-ce que quelqu'un aurait fait un sfx mod pour avoir des cris plus "humains" hommes et femmes ? Alors quand je dis plus humains je veux dire qui ressemblent à des voix humaines. Au pire même des voix/cris d'animaux pourraient peut-être aller. Enfin quelque chose qui ne ressemble pas aux bruits du jeu.
Par exemple je pense aux cris du personnage de la série Supergirl. Dans la saison 3 il y a un personnage du nom de Julia Freeman / Purity. Ses cris sont très réalistes, pourquoi ne pas avoir le même types de cris soniques pour les personnages féminins du jeu et un autre adapté aux personnages masculins ? Bien sûr il y a pleins d'attaques dans le jeu il faudrait donc des variations, mais on aurait vraiment l'impression de jouer Banshee (x-men)^^

1 hour ago, Blyzzard said:

Would someone have made an sfx mod to have more "human" screams men and women?

Yes, I put together a mod that does this. It uses sounds already found in the game, and was intended for a female character, but it might suit your needs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Yes, I put together a mod that does this. It uses sounds already found in the game, and was intended for a female character, but it might suit your needs.

I use this mod myself. It works fine for males as well IMO. Great mod. I can add it to this list if you like?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I use this mod myself. It works fine for males as well IMO. Great mod. I can add it to this list if you like?

That would be great, thanks! I think it is also available via the CoH Modder tool as well, for folks that use that.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2020 at 9:39 AM, Argent Aegis said:

I just tried this.  It is amazingly awesome.  Makes Beam Rifle so enjoyable.  This needs to be standard.  I feel sorry for everyone else playing with me who has listen to the original sounds. 

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Did I say Thank you?

You are very welcome!   🙂

3 minutes ago, Healix said:

I have been looking for something to replace the awful 'woosh-bang' sound of Hasten, but can't find it. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I don't currently have a mod for that, but keep checking back. Any time I get bored or get a wild hair up my rear, I check this forum to see what requests have been made and I make mods if possible. One day you will look at this thread and find your new mod for Hasten!  🙂

17 minutes ago, Healix said:

I would LOVE that so much...thanks for considering it!!!!! Even if you made one that was total silence, I'd get it in a flash!

I can also change volumes if that is your main issue with the sound bite? Otherwise, trust me, I will do the power justice. I'll put something together that will make it sound appealing to listen to. I do like it as it is, but I can see how some could be annoyed by it since it is pretty loud and popping, heh.

Edited by Solarverse

On 9/10/2020 at 6:56 PM, Healix said:

I have been looking for something to replace the awful 'woosh-bang' sound of Hasten, but can't find it. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Hasten Optional SFX Mod now available on the CoH Modder Tool! Enjoy!

Bonsoir j'aimerais savoir ou je peux trouver  le .ogg du pouvoir : Sonic attack Dreadful Wail ou si un joueur peut le mettre ici.

Je suis en train de  faire un mod pour modifier les sons de la ligne de pouvoir  Sonic attack de la sentinelle mais il me manque le fichier .ogg de Dreadful Wail.

Merci d'avance

Good evening, I would like to know where I can find the .ogg of power : Sonic attack Dreadful Wail or if a player can put it here.
I'm making a mod to modify the sounds of the Sonic attack power line of the sentinel but I'm missing the .ogg file. of Dreadful Wail.

Thank you in advance

50 minutes ago, Blyzzard said:

Good evening, I would like to know where I can find the .ogg of power : Sonic attack Dreadful Wail or if a player can put it here.

Here you go (click the three dots on the right to download):

Edited by AboveTheChemist

2 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Here you go (click the three dots on the right to download):

I don't think that's it. If you listen carefully, the Dreadful Wail uses two different sound bites. I am currently searching for it now. It *might* be a SFX file that is server side.

So it is a combination of these two files. However, I do not believe it uses those files, I think there is another file somewhere that has both of those sound bites together. That is the one I am searching for.

1 hour ago, Blyzzard said:

Bonsoir j'aimerais savoir ou je peux trouver  le .ogg du pouvoir : Sonic attack Dreadful Wail ou si un joueur peut le mettre ici.

Je suis en train de  faire un mod pour modifier les sons de la ligne de pouvoir  Sonic attack de la sentinelle mais il me manque le fichier .ogg de Dreadful Wail.

Merci d'avance

I'm making a mod to modify the sounds of the Sonic attack power line of the sentinel but I'm missing the .ogg file. of Dreadful Wail.

Thank you in advance

ScreamPBAOE.ogg and MaleTaunt2.ogg are the sounds that are related to Dreadful Wail. However, I do not think they are the files that Dreadful Wail uses. I am almost positive that file is located server side and a file we cannot access or change.

1 hour ago, Solarverse said:

I don't think that's it. If you listen carefully, the Dreadful Wail uses two different sound bites.

Perhaps you are right, I was going mostly off memory from when I tinkered with my banshee mod, and won't be able to check in-game until this evening. I don't recall hearing that taunt sound (my sonic defender is female but the taunt sound is similar for females) but admittedly it has been a while since I played her and since I left dreadful wail alone in my mod, I didn't spend a ton of time breaking it down.

Looking at PK's Rosetta stone spreadsheet, it mentions that it is a combo of the ScreamPBAOE.ogg and sonichit2.ogg.

7 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Perhaps you are right, I was going mostly off memory from when I tinkered with my banshee mod, and won't be able to check in-game until this evening. I don't recall hearing that taunt sound (my sonic defender is female but the taunt sound is similar for females) but admittedly it has been a while since I played her and since I left dreadful wail alone in my mod, I didn't spend a ton of time breaking it down.

Looking at PK's Rosetta stone spreadsheet, it mentions that it is a combo of the ScreamPBAOE.ogg and sonichit2.ogg.

Yeah, I can't speak for female versions of Dreadful Wail, but for males, it has Taunt2 in there as well. I will record it after this Synapse run I am doing and post it for you to hear. Maybe you will hear something that I don't and together we can solve this mystery.

Merci pour vos réponses 😉

Vous avez raison sur un point le dernier pouvoir n'est pas modifiable sûrement pour les raisons que vous avez évoquées.

J'ai faits des tests : Faire un fichier unique, après j'ai essayé de modifier les deux fichiers mais rien ne fonctionne.

Donc dans les jours qui viennent je vais faire une vidéo avec ma version du Banshee que je posterais ici...si j'y arrive lol car je n'ai jamais fait ça^^

De base ma version du Banshee est plus agressive au niveau sonore, mais je préfère. Je mettrais le .zip avec les fichiers au cas ou ça plairait à quelqu'un lol.

Pour le moment je n'ai pas de solution pour le dernier pouvoir donc je ferais comme ça. Je voulais aussi modifier le son de "Amplify" mais on ne peut pas non plus.

Thank you for your answers 😉

You are right on one point : the last power is surely not modifiable for the reasons you mentioned.

I made some tests: Make a single file, then I tried to modify both files but nothing works.

So in the next few days I'm going to make a video with my version of the Banshee that I'll post here...if I can do it lol because I've never done that ^^

Basically my version of the Banshee is more aggressive in terms of sound, but I prefer it. I'll put the .zip with the files in case someone likes it lol.

At the moment I don't have a solution for the last power so I'll do it like this. I also wanted to change the sound of "Amplify" but we can't either.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

3 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Yeah, I can't speak for female versions of Dreadful Wail, but for males, it has Taunt2 in there as well.

I just replaced ScreamPBAOE with silence, and now I do hear the taunt (the female version in my case). Maybe it's just more subtle on females because I didn't hear it in the first test before I silenced ScreamPBAOE.

I have subsequently silenced FemTaunt2 and now Dreadful Wail is completely silent for me.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
so many typos