Solarverse's SFX Consolidated List of Mods

I'm sorry, but at the risk of sounding like a kiss-ass, can I just say that your most recent lightsaber SFX mod for katana has made the world of difference to my toon. I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but the mod has really solidified my toon, Miya Musashi who wields a vanguard blade. Like the Beam Rifle mod, I SWEAR it makes my toons attacks stronger--not a lot of my toons can tackle +2x4 at level 15. You, sir, have made it such a joy to play and next thing I know she's already at 24. Thank you, thank you, thank you. as always, I look forward to your next mod.

=)

• Like 1

I feel like I am abusing your goodwill with this, but, have you found or are willing to find Fire Sword and Fire Sword Circle from the Tankers?

It... it screams. Literally. Every three seconds I use the Fire Sword, and it screams, every three seconds. Who thought this was a good idea? And Fire Sword Circle does the same!

Also, bless you for the Hasten change. So very welcomed.

16 hours ago, Sovera said:

I feel like I am abusing your goodwill with this, but, have you found or are willing to find Fire Sword and Fire Sword Circle from the Tankers?

It... it screams. Literally. Every three seconds I use the Fire Sword, and it screams, every three seconds. Who thought this was a good idea? And Fire Sword Circle does the same!

I'll look into it.

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 2:17 PM, Solarverse said:

Psionic Blast SFX Mod

I'm in love with these SFX! I am having a couple issues though. I use psychic blast on my Sentinel and I don't have an updated sound for Psychic Scream or Psychic Wail. Am I doing something wrong?

13 minutes ago, xmenlegend said:

I'm in love with these SFX! I am having a couple issues though. I use psychic blast on my Sentinel and I don't have an updated sound for Psychic Scream or Psychic Wail. Am I doing something wrong?

No, they were not changed on any of the classes because they do not share that "wobble"  sound effect that the other powers have. That SFX Mod was created because a player had requested that I find something different to replace the "wobble" SFX for the single target powers.  So no, you did it right and you are not missing any files.  🙂

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 3:42 PM, Solarverse said:

I'll look into it.

I have a new quote (I'll add it when I finish the Fire/Fire guide):

- Random person in my team, "Who is using a baby seal to hit the bad guys?'

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2020 at 3:57 PM, Solarverse said:

UPDATE

Dual Blades will also be getting the same Lightsaber SFX. It's going to take a bit long because those files are scattered all throughout. The person who was responsible for putting the sound files together wasn't exactly an organized person, so finding the correct files can take time. However, so far I have the first three attacks and the Assassin Strike for Stalkers completed. I will post up the Lightsaber SFX Mod for Dual Blades (Stalker and Scrapper/Brute) once I have finished. So if you were wanting this for your Dual Blades as well, no worries, I'm working on it.  🙂

Just rolled a Dual Blades Brute. And the lightsaber SFX apply. Not sure if it's all the powers as of now, since I'm still a lowbie. 😃

2 hours ago, Six Six said:

Just rolled a Dual Blades Brute. And the lightsaber SFX apply. Not sure if it's all the powers as of now, since I'm still a lowbie. 😃

Nope, not all. Just the first couple. Still working on it, will probably have it ready by the end of next weekend.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 5:39 AM, Six Six said:

Okay, I have it finished, but I need to adjust volumes of both that set and the Katana set. The volume is a bit too high and need some adjustments before I release the Mod. Also, starting with this mod I am looking to incorporate the program that @The Philotic Knight made so taht people can load and unload the mod so that they only hear the sound effects when playing that particular character. Since a lot of mobs use the same sound effects, it sounds funny watching Rikti pull out their sword/axe and you hear a lightsaber ignite. So especially with this mod, I think it would be best if people can load and unload this particular mod rather than sifting through two different folders and manually loading and unloading them which can be a headache, especially since it's difficult to tell the difference between the Katana and Dual Blades mods as they have similar file names...some of which are shared between the two.

P.S. I need somebody who has a Scrapper who has the AoE, Typhoone's Edge and Confront so I can test to make srue that my mods cover those SFX. I am on Excelsior server, any help would be great. Look me up @Solarverse if you are willing to help.

Edited by Solarverse

So... This is probably a real noob question, and thank you in advance for not throwing things at me, but... I opened my folder for CoH, and I do have a 'data' folder, but it goes text-->English-->Menus. Should I be making a sound folder in there? I really want to amp up some of my audio for game play, but I'm a technophobe at heart and I don't want to end up breaking something!

PART 2

Katana/Ninja Blade and *THE NEW* Dual Blade Lightsaber SFX Mod!

(Detailed Explanation)

Note: There is a new method to adding this mod that simplifies things for mods that require multiple destinations. Please follow the new instructions!

As per request, this is a Mod that completely changes Katana, Dual Blades and Ninja Blade's SFX and turns them in to living and breathing Lightsabers straight out of Star Wars! For any Star Wars fans out there who are using the Energy Blade skins for their weapons, this will be right up your alley!

These sounds have been put in video format so that you may "try it before you buy it" type deal and can be viewed at the bottom of this thread!  🙂

Instructions (Destructions?)

• First, unzip the file beneath the instructions and open the Lightsaber2 folder.
  • Find your City of Heroes folder and open it up.

(New Instructions)

• Once you have the City of Heroes Folder open, click and drag the Data Folder inside the Lightsaber2 Folder and drop it in your CoH Folder.
  • If prompted to replace files, click yes.
  • The rest will happen on its own.

(Suggestion to help make your life easier!)

• Go to this website CoH Modder Tool and download the CoH Modder tool
  • Within the Modder tool are numerous mods and mroe mods are added almost daily.
  • This tool will load and unload specific mods at will, extremely useful! @The Philotic Knight has made this possible and a special thank you to him!

(If you do not have a Data Folder)

If you do not have a Data Folder, no worries, dropping the data folder from the Lightsaber2 mod will automatically create one and all sub folders within. Enjoy!

Zip file below. Enjoy!

Lightsaber2.zip

On 8/9/2020 at 5:44 PM, Sovera said:

I'll tackle this once I finish working with The Philotic Knight and his Modder Program. So it's next on my list. Hang in there.  🙂

Awesome Sauce, you most awesome sir!

On 8/19/2020 at 5:31 AM, Solarverse said:

P.S. I need somebody who has a Scrapper who has the AoE, Typhoone's Edge and Confront so I can test to make srue that my mods cover those SFX. I am on Excelsior server, any help would be great. Look me up @Solarverse if you are willing to help.

Edited Wednesday at 05:36 AM by Solarverse

If you can't find someone to help you with this, I will (though RL's been getting in the way lately). Just let me know when and where. the Scrapper's AoE's are Flashing Steel (cone) and The Lotus Drops (pbaoe), which work just fine with your mods. Checked the other ATs, no one has Typhoon's edge anymore, and after checking Wiki, it appears to be a rename of Flashing Steel. I took both in any case, I didn't take Confront (instead took Provoke from tertiary to be able to take Unrelenting), but I can easily make a 2nd build to include Confront for your perusal. 

20 minutes ago, Six Six said:

Awesome Sauce, you most awesome sir!

If you can't find someone to help you with this, I will (though RL's been getting in the way lately). Just let me know when and where. the Scrapper's AoE's are Flashing Steel (cone) and The Lotus Drops (pbaoe), which work just fine with your mods. Checked the other ATs, no one has Typhoon's edge anymore, and after checking Wiki, it appears to be a rename of Flashing Steel. I took both in any case, I didn't take Confront (instead took Provoke from tertiary to be able to take Unrelenting), but I can easily make a 2nd build to include Confront for your perusal. 

I got it, hence the Dual Blades mod being finished. I just PLed a scrapper to level 12 picked up the ability and used that before deleting the scrapper, heh. Thanks anyway, man.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 5:44 PM, Sovera said:

@Sovera

Here is that mod you have asked for. All you need to do is unzip it and drop the Data folder in your CoH folder. Don't worry if you already have a Data folder, it will not delete it. If it asks to replace folders, say no and it will only place the folders needed. Hope this is more soothing to you. You will never hear the screaming sound again...not from you or anyone else. I personally like it, but I understand and this is the very reason that promoted me to make these mods.  🙂   Enjoy!

Fire Sword.zip

Edited by Solarverse
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

@Sovera

Here is that mod you have asked for. All you need to do is unzip it and drop the Data folder in your CoH folder. Don't worry if you already have a Data folder, it will not delete it. If it asks to replace folders, say no and it will only place the folders needed. Hope this is more soothing to you.

Fire Sword.zip 34.65 kB · 0 downloads

JUBILATION!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 9:41 PM, Bolt of Purity said:

Thanks for the sounds and effort SV, great work!

I really like the ranged elec sounds and wondered if you could do a similar update for the melee set? Especially Jacob's Ladder, I've always found that SFX very under whelming...

Thanks heaps! 👍

I'll work on that today and see what I can come up with. Curious, does the villain version still sound different than the hero version or did the Devs finally make them the same?

I just want to say thank you again for all your incredible work, and I can't wait to try out the Mod Tool tomorrow. 

I also hope you will do something about the staff sounds, and perhaps a "sharp" sound option for the tridents and bladed staffs

Suggestion for an SFX Mod:

(Zero Endurance / De-toggle Sound)

When a player's Hero / Villain runs out of Endurance their running toggle powers (like Leadership) tend to drop.  This creates a "deoow" sounding noise.  Whilst this is not an annoying sound it *is* quite an electronic / technical sound.

*IF this is a generic sound that is called upon when at a zero end / toggle drop state, is there any possibility it could be investigated / changed to something more suitable for a Natural origin?

* I am open to suggestions / creativity as to what -- but maybe a quickened (but not too fast) heart beat sound would be appropriate?

(This change might be fun to help create the sense that a Natural Hero is physically struggling from their efforts.)

Edited by Tath99