New IO Set Request: Ice Mistral's Torment (Slow Movement Set)

Bopper

Now that Synapse's Shock and Power Transfer is nearly here, ushering a new era where secondary IO sets (in this case, Endurance Modification) have an emphasis in damage, I propose we do something similar with Slow Movement; providing more damage than the Slow Movement sets we currently have and to finally introduce a Cold Damage Proc. For this proposal, I will steal the exact numbers used for Power Transfer, substituting EndMod with Slow, and I will keep the same x10 Set Bonus Modifier (actually I bumped it up to x11 since slow isn't necessarily a useful set bonus).

Ice Mistral’s Torment (Slow Movement Set)

•    Slow
•    DMG/RCH
•    DMG/Slow
•    DMG/Acc/End
•    DMG/Acc/RCH/End
•    Chance of Damage (Cold) - 3.5 PPM

Level 50 Post-ED values

•    Damage: 89.93%
•    Slow: 69.9%
•    Acc: 39.75%
•    End Rdx: 39.75%
•    Recharge: 45.05%

Set Bonuses

•    2) 1.125% HP (x1.5 multiplier)
•    3) 2.0% Slow (x2 multiplier)
•    4) 10% Slow Resistance (x2 multiplier)
•    5) 6.25% Recharge (x2.5 multiplier)
•    6) 3.75% AoE Defense, 1.875% Fire/Cold Defense (x3 multiplier)

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Just now, Redlynne said:

Challenge Accepted ...

But I'm probably going to have to wait to post after the forum maintenance.

I dont know what challenge I put out there, but please bring some flavor. They added 3 new endmod sets, no reason they can't add 2 slow sets.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

4 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

I'm thinking of an additional Slow set ...  😎

I like it. I dont know their formula for determining enhancements and set bonuses, but I know there is a trade off, so I cheated and used the numbers they have. And nearly same multipliers they used, but I know they consider quality of bonuses as a weighted factor.

Okay, I think I got it ironed out during the maintenance.

And yes, if this set existed I'd need to move to a [v4.0] for my Warshade build ...

Graviton Condenser (Slow, Rare, 21-50)

• Enhancements (1 single, 1 dual, 2 triple, 1 quad, 1 proc):
    • Damage
    • Damage / Slow
    • Accuracy / Endurance / Slow
    • Accuracy / Damage / Slow
    • Accuracy / Damage / Endurance / Slow
    • Chance for Grant Power: -50% Range for 10 sec (3.5 PPM)
  • Set Bonuses:
    • 2: +5% Range
    • 3: +3% Slow
    • 4: Mag 3 Knockback Protection
    • 5: +7% Accuracy
    • 6: +7.5% Recharge

SO equivalents:

• Accuracy: 1.4375x SO
  • Damage: 2.5625x SO
  • Endurance: 0.9375x SO
  • Slow: 2.0625x SO

= 7x SO equivalents from 5 enhancements … plus additional proc

Note: Scrapper and Tanker Taunt powers apply a -75% Range debuff as part of their effects.

• Like 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

2 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Chance for Grant Power: -50% Range for 10 sec (3.5 PPM)

I like the proc idea. Very unique

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Redlynne said:

SO equivalents:

No recharge? That's a unique take on a set. 

I was thinking that immobilize could use some damage+immobilize sets as well. (will make some suggestions later)

• Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

6 hours ago, Bopper said:
8 hours ago, Redlynne said:

SO equivalents:

No recharge? That's a unique take on a set. 

Yes ... no recharge.  Most sets only cover up to 4 enhancement attributes (Accuracy, Damage, Endurance, Recharge) in differing amounts.  However, when I was looking around, I didn't see all that many sets covering 5 enhancement attributes (add Slow to the mix) and I had no indications that trying to shoehorn in 5 attributes would be "legal" under the balancing formulas or make for a particularly workable mix of enhancements once everything gets added up.  Accuracy, Damage and Endurance Reduction are functionally NON-NEGOTIABLE for inclusion in a set that is going to be getting slotted into attack powers (see: Damage enhancement) which meant that the only enhancement attribute available for sacrifice/conversion to Slow enhancement was Recharge without compromising any of the other more valuable enhancement attributes.

The fact that eliminating recharge from the set will wind up maximizing the proc chances of the completed set was simply a bonus ...  😎

6 hours ago, Bopper said:
8 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Chance for Grant Power: -50% Range for 10 sec (3.5 PPM)

I like the proc idea. Very unique

I wanted to create an obvious "Kite Set" for Slow sets.  With the Range debuff in play, it makes it possible to outrange $Targets who can't get to you quickly enough (because they're Slowed) allowing you to harm them while they can't harm you.  It would (finally!) be a down payment on the idea that "Range IS Defense" that was promised (but never delivered on!) for Blasters and simply makes too much sense to enable via Slow powers.  It's balanced by the fact that even if you get the -Range debuff proc it won't ALWAYS be useful in EVERY situation you find yourself in, since close quarters combat will effectively "negate" the advantage given to you by Range debuffing since you're "too close" to take advantage of it.

So the idea is that with this set, not only do $Targets have a hard time getting into melee range to melee you ... they also have a hard time REACHING you with Ranged, Cone and even Target AoE attacks so long as you're far enough away from those $Targets.  You basically put them at the bottom of a gravity well while holding the high guard position at the top of that gravity well (if you're far enough away from them), so it's easy for you to attack them (just throw rocks at them?) while it's hard for them to muster the increased energy needed to reach you.

In other words ... make Slow powers USEFUL (again?).

Glad to hear you like.  😎

Now we just need to find out if someone on staff likes the idea too ... 

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

4 hours ago, Redlynne said:

I had no indications that trying to shoehorn in 5 attributes would be "legal" under the balancing formulas or make for a particularly workable mix of enhancements once everything gets added up.

Should be legal. Knockback sets do up to 5 attributes, Endmod sets will now do 5, and Slow already does 6.

38 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Should be legal. Knockback sets do up to 5 attributes, Endmod sets will now do 5, and Slow already does 6.

Yes, a Slow set like Tempered Readiness includes 6 different attributes on the enhancements (and is representative of practically all existing Slow sets), but just look at how uselessly diluted those values are!

• Accuracy / Slow
  • Damage / Slow
  • Accuracy / Endurance
  • Range / Slow
  • Endurance / Recharge / Slow

What that adds up to for all 6 slots is ...

• Accuracy: 1.75x SO
  • Damage: 1.125x SO
  • Endurance: 1.125x SO
  • Range: x0.625x SO
  • Recharge: x0.5x SO
  • Slow: 2.875x SO

= 8x SO equivalents from 6 slots with NO proc(!) and more than half of the enhancement is devoted to Slow and Accuracy, with everything else mopping up the scraps (using too many mops!).

And the less said about the set bonuses offered by Tempered Readiness the better.

I keep getting the feeling that the existing Slow sets would have been better if they had dropped Damage out of them entirely so they would function more like a Hold, Immobilize, Stun or Terrify set instead ... and then created an entire other line of Slow sets that oriented around combining Damage and Slow like I've tried to do with my Graviton Condenser (proposed) set.  I mean, just compare the 1.125x Damage and 2.875x Slow priorities in Tempered Readiness ... to the 2.5625x Damage and the 2.0625x Slow priorities in my Graviton Condenser.  Simply put, I'd NEVER put Tempered Readiness into a damaging power that slows $Targets ... while I WOULD put a Graviton Condenser into a damaging power that slows $Targets ... simply due to the balance of enhancement values on the enhancements themselves, never mind the set bonuses.

14 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Graviton Condenser (Slow, Rare, 21-50)

• Enhancements (1 single, 1 dual, 2 triple, 1 quad, 1 proc):
    • Damage
    • Damage / Slow
    • Accuracy / Endurance / Slow
    • Accuracy / Damage / Endurance / Slow
    • Chance for Grant Power: -50% Range for 10 sec (3.5 PPM)
  • Set Bonuses:
    • 2: +5% Range
    • 3: +3% Slow
    • 4: Mag 3 Knockback Protection
    • 5: +7% Accuracy
    • 6: +7.5% Recharge

SO equivalents:

= 7x SO equivalents from 5 enhancements … plus additional proc

Note: Scrapper and Tanker Taunt powers apply a -75% Range debuff as part of their effects.

The key thing is that the Slow sets need to be designed for "Slow AND..." rather than being designed with a mentality of "Slow OR..." like the legacy Slow sets were.

To be honest, I sincerely think that when it came to making the Slow sets, the devs at Cryptic/Paragon Studios just "phoned it in" without really thinking about how the sets would need to be USED ... as completed sets ... for builds made by Players.  It's as if they weren't even trying (or ran out of schedule time and just threw something together and shipped it) rather than doing the kind of thoughtful analysis like we have the luxury of doing now, all these years later.

IifneyR.gif

21 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Yes, a Slow set like Tempered Readiness includes 6 different attributes on the enhancements (and is representative of practically all existing Slow sets)

I wasn't suggesting any of the Slow sets are good. I simply was stating you don't have to limit yourself to 4 attributes. If any sets were to eschew recharge, it would likely be a defense or resistance set. I don't know about skipping recharge in an attack power. But it's a unique idea.

• Thanks 1