1 LFG post per minute

Or, 30 seconds. Whatever. Bottom line is that there could be a timer on sending a message to "Looking for Group" which would make it more difficult (hopefully) to have back and forth conversations there.

• Like 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

4 hours ago, Apparition said:

Hopefully the impending new General chat channel (which I plan to remove from my chat tabs postehaste), will help there. 

I hope so too, but I'm pessimistic.

• Haha 1

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

5 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

Or, 30 seconds. Whatever. Bottom line is that there could be a timer on sending a message to "Looking for Group" which would make it more difficult (hopefully) to have back and forth conversations there.

yes please

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

8 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

Sorry, must vote no. There are times when you post more frequently than 1 minute, or 30 seconds, like when recruiting.

Now, no spam, meaning repeating the same message, maybe.

But honestly, it's not that big of an issue currently. And if it grows, this is a culture thing, one we can all help discourage.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

Sorry, must vote no. There are times when you post more frequently than 1 minute, or 30 seconds, like when recruiting.

Now, no spam, meaning repeating the same message, maybe.

But honestly, it's not that big of an issue currently. And if it grows, this is a culture thing, one we can all help discourage.

Agreed.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

There are times when you post more frequently than 1 minute, or 30 seconds, like when recruiting.

Why? How many times per minute do we need to know "DFB 5/8", "DFB 6/8", "DFB 7/8"?

Though, I do concede it will impact those leaders who post "DFB full". They potentially may need to wait a complete cycle to announce that.

16 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

I'll concede it's not that big of an issue most of the time, but when it is an issue - it's an issue. I try to wait 2 full minutes between each LFG post so as not to spam it, and I usually fill leagues pretty quickly. But it is frustrating when your LFG post quickly cycles off the screen because of unneeded recruiting updates or discussions taking place in the wrong channel. Then people discourage it by, guess what, posting in LFG, which just exacerbates the problem. And you can send the offender(s) a tell, sure, maybe that works. Or maybe they break out the whole "this is America and I can do what I want" thing.

Code exists already that prevents a user from posting to any channel again for a few seconds if they use a keybind that posts more than, what, 5 lines at the same time? Found that out in the middle of an MSR when I used my fancy new keybind for grate assignments then couldn't speak again for a minute or whatever. That was fun. All I'm saying is that same code could be used to reduce unhelpful posts to LFG.

And I'm grouchy from working from home too much. That too.

17 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

But honestly, it's not that big of an issue currently. And if it grows, this is a culture thing, one we can all help discourage

^ This.  If anyone is spamming LFG with nonsense, put them on ignore.  You can remove them from your ignore list at a later date.

59 minutes ago, Oklahoman said:

Why? How many times per minute do we need to know "DFB 5/8", "DFB 6/8", "DFB 7/8"?

Though, I do concede it will impact those leaders who post "DFB full". They potentially may need to wait a complete cycle to announce that.

I'll concede it's not that big of an issue most of the time, but when it is an issue - it's an issue. I try to wait 2 full minutes between each LFG post so as not to spam it, and I usually fill leagues pretty quickly. But it is frustrating when your LFG post quickly cycles off the screen because of unneeded recruiting updates or discussions taking place in the wrong channel. Then people discourage it by, guess what, posting in LFG, which just exacerbates the problem. And you can send the offender(s) a tell, sure, maybe that works. Or maybe they break out the whole "this is America and I can do what I want" thing.

Code exists already that prevents a user from posting to any channel again for a few seconds if they use a keybind that posts more than, what, 5 lines at the same time? Found that out in the middle of an MSR when I used my fancy new keybind for grate assignments then couldn't speak again for a minute or whatever. That was fun. All I'm saying is that same code could be used to reduce unhelpful posts to LFG.

And I'm grouchy from working from home too much. That too.

Agreed on the horrid dfb. I men more like,

43 pi missions team, 5 spots open

43 pi missions team, 3 spots open!.

As you get an add, you repost with an updated spots open.

It sounds like a good idea, but it really is not.  There will be too many cases where it will impact people trying to use it correctly.  The biggest one is being able to let people know a group is full.  Can you imagine having to wait a full minute to announce that your Peregrine Island Radio team is full?  You will could have 30+ messages asking to join by then. 

Let's just wait and see how the general channel changes things.  It may take time for people to adjust though, so be patient and remind them to use it when it is added.  This kind of change would be an extreme one and will certainly frustrate more players than it helps by far, and as such it should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

Edited by Ethereal Star

3 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

Agreed on the horrid dfb. I men more like,

43 pi missions team, 5 spots open

43 pi missions team, 3 spots open!.

As you get an add, you repost with an updated spots open.

I'm not sure what is wrong with this.  When I recruit for TFs I will post the count as the team fills, so that people that might be interested know the team is filling up.

The idea isn't bad, but I'd like to wait and see how the new General tab will work before making any changes to the Help or LFG tabs. My hope is much of the stuff infesting the intent of those tabs will find it's way to General. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

The idea isn't bad, but I'd like to wait and see how the new General tab will work before making any changes to the Help or LFG tabs. My hope is much of the stuff infesting the intent of those tabs will find it's way to General. 

Infested is an apt description of General at this point...  filled with twelve year olds with potty mouths.  Basically HC's very own 4Chan.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

56 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Infested is an apt description of General at this point...  filled with twelve year olds with potty mouths.  Basically HC's very own 4Chan.

If you do see that, notify a GM on discord and they'll usually clean it up.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Yeah, just say "on Excelsior, the general chat is getting abusive" or whatever the best descriptor is. If it's egregious they'll usually do something. As to which channel is discord, my guess is #In-Game Help is most appropriate. But CoH General could work too.

• Like 1