Electrical Affinity - Discussion

Neiska

21 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Energizing Circuit pops for 125% recharge over 5/s, its own effect would cycle it in the adjusted build at ~9/s-9.5/s. Shock > Discharge > Energizing > Shock > Discharge will be nearly seamless as a first straight cycle, carry about a 3/s gap and be cycled again. The gap makes a perfect spot to cast Rejuvenating Circuit or an Empower refresh, or a Faraday refresh.

Overall I didn't move any powers, I just took out Hasten and put a travel power in its place. I did move slots because what it gained was 12% S/L, 6% F/C, 20% E/N, and 10% T/Psi Resistances, while maintaining 45% S/L base and 42% Energy base, and opened up the ability to push damage from the bots even further by taking Musculature over Agility. The alteration to Energizing Circuit by adding Power Transfer +Heal also ups survival by imparting a (currently) stacking heal on the player. I wouldn't call any stretch of that a "MINOR" difference as it maximizes all aspects of survivability both from damage performance, and damage prevention. There's nothing "preference" based there.

Yes I removed Hasten, because it doesn't add significant value to the build beyond marginal half second gains on off-cycle abilities, or two seconds on an AoE attack that's unlikely to be spammed in the first place. To actually include the ability would entail an actual preference. Either way, all it boils down to is the difference of putting it back in its place over Speed of Sound and it doesn't even need a second slot to be perma so long as Energizing Circuit gets used three times in a minute.

Anyway, my point in doing this was to demonstrate that each player will have their own approach to exploring build design, and that your build may never truly be the best comparatively. Power for Power the adjusted build I posted does have better performance and survival prospects.

19 hours ago, Coyote said:

Just to throw an off track with all the discussion above about defensive numbers: EA feels to me like a very tanky set. Damage-wise, however, it's not at all impressive. I'm really considering whether a build that is statistically inferior defensively but goes for more offense may not actually play a lot better, because giving up some personal defense while gaining offense may help more. This is especially true if you're not using Provoke, because you're not raising the pet survivability much by raising your personal defenses, but you are if you help kill/drain mobs faster.

The primary may also matter for this... with Robots, I'm feeling really tanky. Probably would feel tough with Demons also, but if I were running Ninjas, I would probably be looking for a Tankermind build and using Provoke, in which case personal defense would matter a lot.

Coyote basically answered this already. While numbers are important, they also aren't everything. A plant dom can have capped defenses and resistance to everything, but if they skip seeds and creepers to do it, are going to have a much tougher time. Those values are also not even accounting for the extra 11.25% defense from the protector bots. If you're having trouble with this build with the values on mine, then you're not playing the build right.

Given EA's low damage additions, and bots not getting most of their aoe till 32, getting those couple attacks especially photon grenade to help with the aoe, and also will stack with the protector bots later on for some stacking stun though minor are very important. Also if your only worried about chaining shock, discharge, and energizing circuit, you're not using the builds full potential either.

Also to note, the defense values with agility barely change, it's there for the extra end mod and recharge. Mainly for discharge, and energizing circuit, as well as rej/insul circuits. Musculature instead of agility is fine, just so you know that that's why agility would be useful for the build.

Hasten as well, actually adds a lot to the build. While individual powers may have slightly less recharge because of it, that means that you're still using all powers collectively faster. So when you need to heal, you rejuv/insulate, and do it faster to get back to focusing on blasting and discharging/energizing. As you said how you plan for below 30 play, I do too, including below 20 play for positron, which you don't have the LOTG recharge bonuses for that to help out, but you do have hasten. And i've never had a problem using just ninja run and the jump pack for travel.

Keep in mind as well, that energizing circuit's recharge, is only 125% to the TARGET. The value of the recharge (which for all circuit powers i think is stupid and should be full value for all targets, and the rech value should be lower, but last longer) scales down per target hit. At BEST case scenario, that's 93.75% recharge if you're the very next one hit. Considering you yourself have 6 pets, it's likely that the circuit will hit others before you, and you would get even less than that for those 5 seconds.

So as you can see, adjusting only means slightly better stats, but not better performance. The only thing i would change, is if slows are never an issue, ie never fighting anything with cold or psy, then putting pre-opt only in shock/discharge.

23 minutes ago, Kommon said:

Sounds like it isn't working as intended.  I don't have a /EA toon, but perhaps someone can take a few screenshots while testing this and make a thread in the bug report forum.

I started one.

More testing.  If I cast Amp Up on an Empathy Defender, it boosts their Heal Other power by 45%, and +Recharge by 50%.  So apparently it only boosts powers that you cast on OTHER players, but this isn't exhaustive on my part yet.  Just anecdotal testing.

But I agree, either it's not WAI or it just is a stupid gimped form of Power Boost with a +Recharge effect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kommon said:

Sounds like it isn't working as intended.  I don't have a /EA toon, but perhaps someone can take a few screenshots while testing this and make a thread in the bug report forum.

I'll have to refresh, buy i also noticed that the -damage from galvanic sentinel wasn't working when I was trying to test if it would stack.

Well here is the Robo/MM build ive been playing. Its very tanky and is great team support, and is capable of soloing 4/8 with bosses. Overall im very happy with it. Havent tried pushing ITFS or anything like that solo with it yet though.

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1553&c=733&a=1466&f=HEX&dc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

• Like 1

Empowering Circuit seems to be a bit underwhelming. 

It only does well on the first target and the rest along the chain gets only half of the buff.  What is the general consensus of this power?  By the way, I have been testing this power with Gaussian's proc.  And sadly it only affect the caster not teammates or pets.

• Like 1

One thing I’ve really noticed with Bot/EA is the almost absolute need for an immobilize/Hold of some kind -AND- a travel power.  When you sap a critter they run/fly away at literally super-speed level, almost as if panicked.  I’ve tried Provoke on them and they seem to ignore it when they have no End.  

Anyone else experiencing this?  Seems to scale with their level.  Bosses do it far more than Lieuts or minions, and EB/AV’s REALLY do it.  I had Infernal running literally to other side of the map.  

2 hours ago, PhoenixV117 said:

Anyone got a beast/ea build I can try? Preferably one that is the best it can be with unlimited funds 😉

I've been running this and its been working pretty well for me.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Beast Mastery
Secondary Power Set: zn_Electrical Affinity
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: zc_Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Summon Wolves -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(3), SlbAll-Build%(3), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(5), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(5), AchHee-ResDeb%(7)
Level 1: Shock -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Call Hawk -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), GldJvl-Dam%(9), Apc-Dam%(11), CldSns-%Dam(11)
Level 4: Rejuvenating Circuit -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(15), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(17), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(17), Pnc-Heal(19)
Level 6: Train Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Call Ravens -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(19), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(21), Ann-ResDeb%(21), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(23), TchofLadG-%Dam(23)
Level 10: Energizing Circuit -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(25), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(25), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(27), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(27), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(29)
Level 12: Summon Lions -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(29), SvrRgh-PetResDam(31), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(31), EdcoftheM-PetDef(31), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(33)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 16: Faraday Cage -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-RechRes(33), GldArm-RechEnd(34), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(34), GldArm-ResDam(34), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 18: Fortify Pack -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Empowering Circuit -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(36)
Level 22: Discharge -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(37), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(37), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(37), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(39), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(39)
Level 24: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Summon Dire Wolf -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(40), SprMarofS-Dmg(40), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(42)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(36), ShlWal-Def(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(43)
Level 32: Tame Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Insulating Circuit -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(43), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(43), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal(45), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(45)
Level 38: Charged Armor -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(46), RctArm-ResDam(46)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 44: Electrifying Fences -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(48), Artl-Dam/End(48), Artl-Dam/Rech(50), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(50)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(13), SynSck-EndMod(15)
Level 1: Alpha Howler Wolf 
Level 1: Howler Wolf 
Level 1: Pack Mentality 
Level 12: Lioness 
Level 26: Dire Wolf 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
------------

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crysis said:

One thing I’ve really noticed with Bot/EA is the almost absolute need for an immobilize/Hold of some kind -AND- a travel power.  When you sap a critter they run/fly away at literally super-speed level, almost as if panicked.  I’ve tried Provoke on them and they seem to ignore it when they have no End.  

Anyone else experiencing this?  Seems to scale with their level.  Bosses do it far more than Lieuts or minions, and EB/AV’s REALLY do it.  I had Infernal running literally to other side of the map.  

I have not sapped an AV yet... elite bosses and bosses have been sapped, and do not seem to run a lot. Many times I'm surprised to see them just standing around the fight, waiting to get back Endurance, eventually. I was actually surprised to see so little fleeing. Although I do agree that an AoE Immob is really useful, but that's more for the fire patches from the ISMs.

7 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

spacer.png

Have you ever considered Piracy, Mace, Mu or Soul Mastery?  Each of those three Patron Pools has an AoE Immobilize ...

I have Mace/Web Envelope PPP.   It does work.  However, for 45+ levels I had nothing.  By the time I have it, I need it less.  Just was making the comment that I found "sapping" to have far more impact on causing targets to flee now than back when I ran a Kin/Electric Defender back on Live.  And those were designed around Sapping.

Nice GIF btw. Watched "The Queen of Spain" movie last night.  Had both Elwes and Patinkin in it.  Was nice to see them back together again.

I really was hoping Amp Up would work on Assault Bot and have his attacks make mobs fly up

Just seems much is not working as listed.. 

Zero clue why the Devs would put out a major update like this without reviewing the wording on the power set. 

Edited by plainguy

9 hours ago, plainguy said:

I really was hoping Amp Up would work on Assault Bot and have his attacks make mobs fly up

Just seems much is not working as listed.. 

Zero clue why the Devs would put out a major update like this without reviewing the wording on the power set. 

I think we have to cut THIS dev team some slack.  Bugs always happen, but this particular dev team is not THE original dev team, and although they have full access to the code and presumably some documentation, much of what they are doing is modifying existing code (or completing partially-written code) developed years ago and then releasing it.  My understanding was the original code was a "hot mess" per some of the old Live developers, so I'm sure this can't be an easy task to do full regression testing, etc.

They also have a considerably smaller player base and even smaller yet beta test community outside of the testing they do on the original SCORE servers (Alpha) and the Beta testing servers here on Homecoming.

So the quality of the releases and the bugs therein are likely going to be higher simply because you've got the blind explaining the color green to the deaf here.  Don't mean to be insensitive to either physical condition, just trying to draw a metaphor.

tldr; current devs are really just modifying someone else's pre-existing code, regression testing isn't happening at level needed to contain bugs.  Post in bugs forum and hope it becomes a priority someday.

For now...I'm likely going to repsec again OUT of Defib as well as Amp Up.  Neither power are doing much of anything once you start joining steamrolling teams.  Solo, I've got more than enough firepower for myself already.  Both are pretty lackluster performance in real-game scenarios.  Defib really seems to suffer unless spawn is locked down when you cast it, and if they are, nobody's around to rez anyways.  So....wasted power.  Reminds me of some bizarre mix of Fallout and Mutation from Radiation set.  Situational at best, and Defib is a weaker sum of the parts here.  Amp Up is just flat out broken for a MM as a T9 power pick.  I'd say for a single slot, single power pick replacement without going into a new pool, Power Boost is far superior.

Edited by Crysis
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later

i'm starting a two box thugs setup. I was going to go thugs/time and thugs/ff (2nd thugs is on a completely different machine and it needs to not require much interaction - and the dispersion bubble would plug the cc protection hold in time which is the only thing that kills thugs/time usually before you get incarnates) then I decided I would go /kin and /ff for the juicy, JUICY damage cap on enforcers and the bruiser. god im' getting moist right now just thinking about it.

I am now considering replacing the kin with ela, but maybe not after reading the entire thread. some of the powers don't stack, it's not much +damage at all sure as hell nowhere near what a maxed fulcrum shift will do, /kin also solves yours and your pets endurance problems and the /kin heal is much, much larger and will heal every target for that amount, the t9 seems like it's useless. if it actually gave a damage proc or damage aura to your tier 3 pet that would rock but nobody has even talked about that so it must either be negligible or non existent entirely. the only thing that intrigues me is that absorb on such a short cooldown and the cage preventing knockback, but would the absorb hit all 12 pets? can I buld up enough static to make it always hit all 12 pets with regularity?  I always move around with team teleport so keeping them all in might not be a big issue but it is a much smaller radius than dispersion bubble and ffg which sometimes don't cover the entire breadth of an x8 pack either. killing fast is a form of defense, and I I don't know at this point if a thugs/kin+thugs/ff with that fat fulcrum shift (and increase density) or a thugs/ea+thugs/ff with the absorb (taking a bite out of the autohit aoe's in the game) would be better or worse when it comes to taking on ALL game content. although having faraday cage and dispersion bubble may actually make it impossible for 3 gunslinger bosses to hold you, and faraday stacks with the resist aura io's to give your tier 1's a bit more survivability. 

thoughts?

oh and I also downloaded the new mids reborn listed in this thread and tried to update to show the power. it says no updated required, does not show the powerset on any AT and I don't feel like paying for winzip to use the extended version. why couldn't they just use .zip it's bloody built into windows 10. 

On 4/10/2020 at 9:02 AM, Psylenz0511 said:

No takers on these observations?

do you mean if you cast empowering circuit then do insulating, they won't get the absorb shield?

that would be a set-breaking bug. anyone can confirm?

6 hours ago, Dixa said:

do you mean if you cast empowering circuit then do insulating, they won't get the absorb shield?

that would be a set-breaking bug. anyone can confirm?

No, the separate powers stack. I was asking which individual abilities do not stack on themselves from the same caster. Such as: I cannot stack absorb shields on themselves.

So I've been playing Beast/Elec for a few weeks at 50 now and wanted to take a sec to add my 2 cents to the discussion.

First off I must say that I found the endurance drain mechanics of the set to be pretty lacking for a Mastermind. You can drain spawns if you spend slots and effort doing it but your reward is a bunch of mostly full health mobs running for the hills, I found it much easier to just kill them instead. I can see the potential if you had another set to support it but for my purpose it just didn't do enough.

• ShockTherapy_Static.png Static (Circuit Boost) Faraday Cage generates static passively so you never really have to think about it in combat. Out of combat though you need at least 1 stack before you'll get hit.

• ShockTherapy_Shock.png.47ac6e7922aa47a49b8a4f9b0a01c904.png T1: Shock (Ranged, Foe -DMG, -End, -Recovery, -Regen):  Its damage debuff feels useful on hard tagets, its -regen probably helps, I'd probably skip it if I could but it never felt like a waste.

• ShockTherapy_RejuvenatingCircuit.png.9d37e1718186c520d2153b9a61fdfe38.png T2: Rejuvenating Circuit (Ranged (Chain), Ally Heal, Self +Static):  I really like this heal and find it far easier to use than single target or player based/enemy targeted aoe heals. While its not as strong as other heals the fact that it hits all of your pets and all of your teammates without them having to be around you or your target and without you having to change targets makes it feel very strong.

• ShockTherapy_EnergySink.png.fa738ffe201d15a1ff2049e3d40dea86.png T3 (Masterminds): Discharge (Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe -Dmg, -End, -Recovery, -Regen): I wanted to like this power. When I checked it out during the beta I thought it was going to be good but it never felt impactful. It went from 6 slots, to 1 slot, to just not bothering with it

• ShockTherapy_EnergizingCircuit.png.8a9a5dc9b610aae36727dab25de5034b.png T4: Energizing Circuit (Ranged (Chain), Ally +End, +Recharge, Self +Static):  6 slotted this costs 9 end to cast and, worst case, gives 25 end back assuming you have 1 static. It allows you to spam attacks and abilities non stop, its one of the better powers in the set.

• 23345712_index(1).png.1b4c0554c35eefaf23422283a20502cc.png T5: Faraday Cage (Location (PBAoE), Team +Res(All DMG but Toxic, Status, Knockback, -Rech, -Rec, -End)): The jewel of the set, its as good as advertised. I find the aggressive and defensive goto commands do a decent job of keeping my beasts in the bubble without too much micro management. Make sure you get some KB protection though, as getting knocked back right as you're casting it is rather annoying.

• ShockTherapy_EmpoweringCircuit.png.1fea10aa19ad95294de2f3546ddb6384.png T6: Empowering Circuit: (Ranged (Chain), Ally +DMG, +Tohit, Self +Static): This ones OK as a one slot wonder.  5% to hit and 11% damage is good enough

• ShockTherapy_Defibrillate.png.4240c0c29aaf0058ef648d0c6d0a5ed4.png T7: Defibrillate (Melee (Targeted AoE), Ally Rez, Foe Sleep, -End, -Recovery): I have very little experience with this so I wont comment other than to say its a little too niche for me 

• index.png.f5fb8575eb7ab70f373c9a5d7f5f6319.png T8: Insulating Circuit (Ranged (Chain), Ally +Absorb, Self +Static): This is good for all the same reasons rejuv is and better than rejuv because its an absorb

• ShockTherapy_AmpUp.png.9996c312ee1471de094ef91f460cef0e.png T9: Amp Up (Ranged, Ally +Special, +Recharge): Utterly pointless. At the very least this needs to be a chain with a shorter cool down but even then I'm not sure I'd take it.

Overall it was a very smooth ride to 50 and my time at 50 has been enjoyable. Compared to other support sets I would rate it as vastly superior to empathy and pain, not as good thermal but its easier to play than all 3.

Edited by Knottewe

34 minutes ago, Knottewe said:

First off I must say that I found the endurance drain mechanics of the set to be pretty lacking for a Mastermind.

I see that you weren't using Defibrillate much. I found that in my experience, using it on a spawn made a huge difference, for two reasons:

First, I put a Chance to Stun proc in it. That makes 90% of the minions stagger, and will stack with other sources of Stun to mez Bosses. The duration is short, but that's okay because for the first few seconds you're Stunning the mobs, then after that they're drained.

Second, using Discharge twice to drain a spawn does take a while... but using Discharge + Defibrillate works a lot better. Add in a Shock on the Boss, and pretty quickly nobody is doing anything.

I did take an AoE Immob to keep mobs in the ISM burn patches since I run Bots/EA, so it's possible that mobs do run away more due to draining. I haven't noticed it as any kind of issue, of course because of the burn patches... mobs that aren't Immobilized do like to run away from those.

In the end, since I'm going to slot both Shock and Discharge up for End Red and Rech so that I can spam them on an AV to lower its damage and regeneration... filling out the slots to get End Mod in there also for draining is worth the slotting. If you're not going to use them for AVs, I can see saying that they're not worth slotting just for draining. And if you don't want to set up Defibrillate as a Stun power and end up getting more draining out of it, that's also another reason why draining may not be very effective.

26 minutes ago, Coyote said:

I see that you weren't using Defibrillate much. I found that in my experience, using it on a spawn made a huge difference, for two reasons:

First, I put a Chance to Stun proc in it. That makes 90% of the minions stagger, and will stack with other sources of Stun to mez Bosses. The duration is short, but that's okay because for the first few seconds you're Stunning the mobs, then after that they're drained.

Second, using Discharge twice to drain a spawn does take a while... but using Discharge + Defibrillate works a lot better. Add in a Shock on the Boss, and pretty quickly nobody is doing anything.

I did take an AoE Immob to keep mobs in the ISM burn patches since I run Bots/EA, so it's possible that mobs do run away more due to draining. I haven't noticed it as any kind of issue, of course because of the burn patches... mobs that aren't Immobilized do like to run away from those.

In the end, since I'm going to slot both Shock and Discharge up for End Red and Rech so that I can spam them on an AV to lower its damage and regeneration... filling out the slots to get End Mod in there also for draining is worth the slotting. If you're not going to use them for AVs, I can see saying that they're not worth slotting just for draining. And if you don't want to set up Defibrillate as a Stun power and end up getting more draining out of it, that's also another reason why draining may not be very effective.

That's essentially what I meant by slots and effort.

I just found that if I spent my time spamming proc ed out hawks, ravens and eventually static discharge from Mu I got through fights much quicker. Since my pets and I have very high resistances and have absorb shields I was never really afraid of mobs. Other than my Alpha Wolf who seems to be the only one that ever dies, I think he got dropped on the head as a child.

Bots has pretty terrible personal attacks though, so I probably wouldn't build that way if I was bots.

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

the duration on shock and discharge is greater than their recharge and I have yet to see any evidence they self-stack. 

2 hours ago, Knottewe said:

Bots has pretty terrible personal attacks though, so I probably wouldn't build that way if I was bots.

Absolutely. I would certainly take, proc, and use attacks for Beasts, Demons, and Necros.

Whereas Bots attacks are terrible, and I am not wasting valuable attack time by using draining attacks... my best attack is Nemesis Staff, lol.

1 hour ago, Dixa said:

the duration on shock and discharge is greater than their recharge and I have yet to see any evidence they self-stack. 

Huh. You make a good point. I have Silver Mantis as an AV in my next mission, I'll have to make sure I use Power Analyzer and test if they self-stack.

2 hours ago, Dixa said:

any numbers/pictures using insulating circuit slotted up for heal? I would like to see how much of the bar it's covering for t1's, 2's, 3's and you. 

no pictures but with 6 numina at level 50 it does 423, 317, and 211

Also, it doesn't stack with multiple castings, and if you target a different pet the new first target will get the larger amount and the old first target will reset to new amount (75% for the 2nd, 50% for the rest) depending on when it got hit.

It only ever covers about 40% of the bar even though it covers a lot more of their health.