Efficiency Expert Pither

Efficiency Expert Pither  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the devs to add the timed missions arc of Efficiency Expert Pither to the Ouroboros arcs?

I'd like to start a petition to get the timed missions arc of Efficiency Expert Pither added to the Ouroboros arcs.  It seems unfair to let such things as server disconnects or just bad luck to permanently prevent one of your badgers from getting a badge.  So, if you agree with me, please post a reply of support and go to the poll.  Thank you.

• Thanks 1

• Retired Game Master

I would like to see this added to the Oro arcs. Especially if something happens and you disconenct from the game, and come back to find it glitched and non-repeatable. 

So, I can see this being added to oro, or perhaps allow the contact to be restarted after it's finished. 

Edited by GM Sparky
  • Like 1

Although I think I understand the reasoning behind the original decision to make it a one-time-only opportunity, I don't think it's a good idea given the realities on the ground.  Especially given that the arc is at such a high level.  Anyone dedicated to getting badges who has a run of bad luck and fails the arc will have no alternative but to re-roll their character and start over.  Knowing this, the only logical approach would be to powerlevel to 50 right from the start and do that arc so a failure will mean a minimal loss of investment into the character.

Any design decision that incentivizes powerleveling/rushing to 50 in this way is a bad one.

• Like 2

Have to agree on this, just getting the contact can require a bit of jumping through hoops sometimes which is mostly fine, but to lose the option completely if you have a disconnect is just disheartening. Had my own issues with these arcs as well.

Plus, they are fun and should be able to be repeated.

Edited by Gahd
  • Like 2

My badger avoided having this happen by no more than 45 seconds. It was 2 mobs that spawned where they almost never do in the caves. They spawned in one of the little hideouts in one of the big rooms with the maze of council clutter. By the time I found them I had gone through all five stages of grief and then started back through stage one again. Too stressful. 

• Thanks 1

Pither is one of the best-written contacts in the entire game.  Few even on Redside make you feel as sleazy and despicable and truly VILLAINOUS as he does (I think only Peter Themari and Mr. Bocor can equal him).

Even if it weren't a Badge issue, I'd say this guy deserves having EVERY one of his missions be available from Ouroboros.  Since it IS a badge issue... well, it's a no-brainer.

• Thanks 1

I can see why devs might think that in theory it's interesting to have a badge that has a real risk of failing to get it.  Unfortunately, the main risk is 'my internet went down' or 'we had a powercut', rather than anything that happens in game.  So, yeah, make the missions into a little arc and add them to Ouro.  Put it on a timer, maybe, so you can only run it once a month or whatever to keep a bit of the risk-of-failure flavour.

• Like 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

2 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

I’m clearly in the small minority that likes it as is - one of the rare risks of failure in game (the only one?)

Failing cuz you suck is a far different matter than failing because the servers crashed or your internet went down or your cat chewed through your mouse cable. Just a thought.