Gravity/Time ... Propelling The Future, NOW™

Redlynne

Hi ! Someone posted your build on the Discord so I had a stab at it.

Hope you don't mind.

I'll post it below.

Pretty much got all the defensive powers raised up to soft cap.

wVUUacB.png

You will need Mids Rebirth to open this build as I've used Sudden Acceleration; Screenshot is there to see stats and also for those who are using Pines.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller

Primary Power Set: Gravity Control

Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Sorcery

Power Pool: Leadership

Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Lift -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(3), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), FrcFdb-Rechg%(7)

Level 1: Time Crawl -- Acc-I(A)

Level 2: Temporal Mending -- NmnCnv-Heal(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(7), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(9), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9)

Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(13)

Level 6: Propel -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(15), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), FrcFdb-Rechg%(17)

Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprOvrPrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(19), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(21)

Level 10: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(21), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(45), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)

Level 12: Time's Juncture -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(23), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(23), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(25)

Level 14: Temporal Selection -- Prv-Absorb%(A)

Level 16: Distortion Field -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(27), SprEnt-End/Rchg(27), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(29), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(29), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(50)

Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(31), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(31), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(33), UnbCns-Dam%(33)

Level 20: Time Stop -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(34), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(34), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(36)

Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(39)

Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37)

Level 26: Wormhole -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(43), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(46), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(46), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(46), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(48)

Level 28: Farsight -- HO:Membr(A), HO:Membr(31), HO:Membr(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(39)

Level 30: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)

Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(42)

Level 35: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RechRdx-I(43), RechRdx-I(50)

Level 38: Slowed Response -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(42)

Level 41: Mind Over Body -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(43)

Level 44: Chrono Shift -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(45)

Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(48), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48)

Level 49: [Empty] -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(11), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(25), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)

Level 1: Containment

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)

Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)

Level 50: Agility Core Paragon

------------

Looking forward to your feedback :)

I have swapped Overwhelming Presence from Wormhole to Distortion field (First 5 slots in the original build) and placed Stupefy 5 set in Wormhole.

This strengthens Wormhole with a ~30s stun and frees up proc on Overwhelming to ability with more uptime.

- Can be swapped out for Absolute Amazement in purple build.

Alright, here is me being completely lost and forgetful, what is the Energy Font from Overwhelming Presence do?  Thanks

According to what I've been able to glean from sources ... the Energy Font proc has a chance to spawn temp pets that will (presumably) attack whatever they procced onto and proceed to attack.  I'm assuming it works like a "poor man's Phantom Army" (kinda-sorta maybe?).  As for details, that's apparently missing from City of Data so I'll have to find out ... later ... if that assumption is correct.

Or someone who has been using it could post in here with their experience using the proc ...

As for Energy Font. It spawns a little ball of light that comes from your character and move to the closest target.

It does dots and does like a low mag stun when close; It has a stun aura.

The damage isn't much but it's cool to make a little pet army - The maximum I've got out at one time is 3.

Hi ! Someone posted your build on the Discord

Taylor-Swift-OMG-Jaw-Drop-In-a-Lovely-White-Dress.gif

so I had a stab at it.

Hope you don't mind.

Uh ... no ... I don't mind.  That's kind of the point of having this thread in the first place ...

Pretty much got all the defensive powers raised up to soft cap.

So you did ... although I question the necessity of doing so when you can stack +Defense and -ToHit together and get there by different means.  As for which method is "better" than the other, I'll leave as an exercise for the disinterested observer to decide.  ^_~

As for Energy Font. It spawns a little ball of light that comes from your character and move to the closest target.

It does dots and does like a low mag stun when close; It has a stun aura.

The damage isn't much but it's cool to make a little pet army - The maximum I've got out at one time is 3.

Ah ... so the Energy Font spawns by your Controller, not over by the $Targets.  Good to know.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 3 weeks later

So I've finally gotten my controller up to the level cap and started working on incarnates. I was feeling very squishy on the occasion someone made around all the control, so I picked up Mind over Body from the Psi Mastery pool and focused a bit more heavily on ranged defense and S/L resists. In my Time's Juncture I'm effectively defense capped with 65% S/L to back me up. It's made for a huge improvement to pick up these defensive layers. Additionally, since chipping away with 2 single target damage powers is kinda tedious, I slotted some extra damage procs in Lift and Gravity Distortion. Propel just seems too effective at proc'ing Force Feedback to pass that up.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my take update to see if you had any comments or criticisms. And thanks for posting the guide! It was a huge help getting my first character geared up at 50!

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 2.22
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Controller
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(3), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), ExpStr-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), Lck-%Hold(7), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Dvs-Hold%(9), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(11), NrnSht-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(13), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(13), DarWtcDsp-Slow%(15)
Level 6: Propel -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(17), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), FrcFdb-Rechg%(19)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(A), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(21)
Level 10: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(21), Krm-ResKB(23), Ksm-ToHit+(23), Rct-ResDam%(25)
Level 14: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(29), Prv-Absorb%(29)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(A), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31), BslGaz-Slow%(31)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- OvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), OvrPrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(33), OvrPrs-EndRdx/Rchg(33), OvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(33), OvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(34), OvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(34)
Level 20: Time Stop -- WiloftheC-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), WiloftheC-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(34), WiloftheC-EndRdx/Rchg(36), WiloftheC-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(36), WiloftheC-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(36), WiloftheC-Rchg/Dam%(37)
Level 22: Temporal Selection -- RgnTss-Regen+(A)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 26: Wormhole -- Acc-I(A)
Level 28: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(40), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(42)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-DefDeb(42), AnlWkn-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(43), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(43), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(43)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal(46)
Level 41: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Mind Over Body -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(46), Ags-Psi/Status(46), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(48), Ags-ResDam(48), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 50: Intuition Partial Core Revamp 
------------

• 1 month later
7 hours ago, TCUFROGS said:

What is the need for Power Ward?

Spirit Ward (the T1 in the Sorcery Pool) can be applied to Singularity, giving your Singularity an absorb shield to mitigate incoming damage.  This is useful because your Singularity CANNOT BE HEALED ... so use of Temporal Mending isn't going to heal your Singularity.  Temporal Selection, by contrast will increase the Regeneration rate of your Singularity which will "heal" your Singularity over time, but not as a +HP heal (if that makes any sense).

So Spirit Ward simply adds another layer of tankiness to Singularity, helping to mitigate incoming damage.

7 hours ago, TCUFROGS said:

Also what Incarnates did you take?

Why does everyone ask this?

My Gravity/Time Manipulation Controller hasn't reached Level 50 yet, so ... none (yet).

The "real" answer for you should be ... whatever makes you happy.  No seriously.

IifneyR.gif

13 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Spirit Ward (the T1 in the Sorcery Pool) can be applied to Singularity, giving your Singularity an absorb shield to mitigate incoming damage.  This is useful because your Singularity CANNOT BE HEALED ... so use of Temporal Mending isn't going to heal your Singularity.  Temporal Selection, by contrast will increase the Regeneration rate of your Singularity which will "heal" your Singularity over time, but not as a +HP heal (if that makes any sense).

Genius! Never thought about that! Thanks man! 

13 hours ago, Redlynne said:

• 2 weeks later

Wait. Hang on, my brain just melted. I think the Energy Font melted it. So, are you saying that on an AOE power, Energy Font procs on EACH target? So, could you, theoretically, get out more than 1 EF in a single cast?

OR

Do you mean that it procs on each target, but only up to a maximum of ONCE per cast? Which means that your chance of getting an EF out on an AOE cast is much higher than on a ST cast?

I mean, either way, this is insane. As if controllers weren't already powerful enough. Why doesn't everybody use one of these?! WHY AREN'T I USING ONE OF THESE?????

It tests on each target, but the effect is to have YOU summon an Energy Font at your location, so just like a Force Feedback tests on multiple targets but only sets a single buff on you if successful, you can only summon one Font from one cast.

AoE powers have lower chance to proc per target, and also usually have longer recharges. They are still better, for a self-target proc like this, if you're hitting 3-4+ targets per cast. So the best place to put them is usually in the AoE Immob, and a lot of characters put them there.

Frankly, I put the Energy Font ATO (and the Fiery Orb one, which does the same thing but with Fire damage, for Dominators) in every Controller I plan. But make sure it's in a power that you plan on using regularly, whether from the primary or from the secondary (such as Thunderclap).

59 minutes ago, VV said:

Wait. Hang on, my brain just melted. I think the Energy Font melted it.

To be fair, my builds have a tendency to do that to people. 😎

/em buffs nails

And just think, I originally wrote this up before @Bopper had done any of the PPM research that now informs so many build choices and decisions.

1 hour ago, VV said:

Do you mean that it procs on each target, but only up to a maximum of ONCE per cast? Which means that your chance of getting an EF out on an AOE cast is much higher than on a ST cast?

55 minutes ago, Coyote said:

It tests on each target, but the effect is to have YOU summon an Energy Font at your location, so just like a Force Feedback tests on multiple targets but only sets a single buff on you if successful, you can only summon one Font from one cast.

1 hour ago, VV said:

this is insane. As if controllers weren't already powerful enough. Why doesn't everybody use one of these?! WHY AREN'T I USING ONE OF THESE?????

Think of it this way.

Target AoE Immobilize slotted to cause your Controller to summon an Energy Font Pet that then applies a Stun aura to stuff around it.

Immobilize + Stun = ghetto Hold

AoE Immobilize + AoE Stun = ghetto AoE Hold

So yeah ... you're right.

Why aren't you using one of these ...?

3 minutes ago, VV said:

Also, what happens if you put it in Singularity or another Controller pet?

Try it and find out.

I'm sure there are some people around these forums who would like to know.

The first thing that I can think of is that if you're slotting the whole set, instead of just the proc, you're going to wind up with a rather wimpy (on damage) Pet if you're 6-slotting the set into the Pet power, since Overpowering Presence doesn't offer any damage enhancement ... just mez enhancement.  You then have to weigh the value of putting the proc into your Pet power rather than any of the other limited for slots Pet enhancement options.  So bare minimum you're looking at a frankenslot solution if you want to put this into your Pet power.

Incidentally, I just checked my copy of the Build Planner and according to it, the ONLY Controller Pet that can potentially slot the Controller ATO sets is ... Singularity ... presumably because Singularity casts Hold and Immobilize powers, which would be a necessary pre-req for being eligible to use the Overwhelming Presence set.  Let us know how slotting the Energy Font proc in Singularity works out for you, since it could potentially yield a Mez Monster of a Singularity Pet.

IifneyR.gif

But, be warned that the Font does a Mag 2 Stun, and only a 30% chance per pulse... and pulses every 5 seconds. So it only Stuns 30% of minions, or less (since it has to hit). It also does some AoE damage, so it's definitely a good use of a slot, but it's not going to turn the AoE Immob into an efficient AoE Hold even if we're just looking at minions.

For Doms, BTW, they can slot it into many AoE attacks like Atom Smasher as long as the attack has a mez component... a small chance for an AoE Hold may not be that much on an AoE Immob, but it's really useful when added to a PBAoE attack that you're going to be spamming. For that reason, I like it in Thunderclap: put out tons and tons of Stun, stack the Thunderclap with the Font, add in the Tornado, and hold everyone in place with an AoE Immob. City of Dazed Statues, once more 😉

• 10 months later
On 6/13/2019 at 4:48 PM, Erydanus said:

WELLL NOW that is really good to know, namely that it can potentially multi-proc.

I've never had Font multi-proc on one cast, I've only ever had it proc on multiple casts during the duration the first and second pet are out.  Also of note, I've had Fonts spit out more consistently from slotting it in a ST Hold than from AoE immobs, but I stopped slotting it in ST holds because I prefer adding Lockdown+2Mag and Devastation +2Mag in my ST holds

Fun fact: if you are quick enough, you can rename the three instances of the Energy Font so you can keep track of them and amuse yourself.  Mine are usually called Times New Roman, Baldoni, and Arial.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

18 hours ago, Zergor said:

Maybe I didn't search hard enough. Apologies if I missed it.

Lift is a knock up and the mob takes falling damage correct? Is having knock up going to increase damage via that falling damage or no?

If you slot Lift for KB, it increases how high the mobs go in the air, but I've never noticed it increase damage. However, if your target is under the influence of Gravity Distortion, you will get an 'Impact!' bonus out of Lift (and Propel) as well as Containment.  It's not a HUGE bonus, but, it is a bonus. 

• Thanks 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
On 5/18/2019 at 11:04 PM, Redlynne said:

If you want to see what this build looks like with maximum Level 50 Purple IO slotting, simply load the build into Pine and use the Flip to Alternate feature on the slots.

I can't seem to get the alternate slots to work with the versions of Pine's And Mids Reborn that I have installed.  When I select flip over to alternate slots; the slot are all empty.

Does anybody has this as a Mid's Reborn or Pine's Purple Build?  I'd like to see the Purple Slotting.

Sorry if I'm missing something.

Thanks!

On 8/16/2020 at 4:05 AM, yangmaven said:

I can't seem to get the alternate slots to work with the versions of Pine's And Mids Reborn that I have installed.  When I select flip over to alternate slots; the slot are all empty.

Does anybody has this as a Mid's Reborn or Pine's Purple Build?  I'd like to see the Purple Slotting.

Sorry if I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Mids doesn't import the alternate slotting.

On 5/18/2019 at 9:04 PM, Redlynne said:

dvdp_blackholes_small.gif

This is a pulsar, right?  I had had thoughts about making a pulsar-based character and Grav/Time seemed like the perfect descriptive sets for that.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 2 months later

My, what out the box thinking.  No torn apart primaries and secondaries for the almighty trinity of the Fighting Pool.

Here we have 'dice rolling' on a grand scale and an expansive mindset progressively traversing the conceptual infinities of space time itself.

Gravity.  Difficult to master.  But fun to admire the rainbow energy fonts that explode off the wide dice rolls. 

That said.  

'He took out Crush?'

'Because he's crazy.'  Frasier Crane.

The heal is out.  The Crush is in. 😉

The 'Energy 'Power' Epic is out.  The Ice Epic is in.  

Incarnates.  Don't matter?

'So certain you are...'  *Yoda voice.

Azrael.

PS.  Glam rock.  Your time in the sun was altogether brief...

Edited by Golden Azrael