Parking lot bug

FARTxMASTERx

This has bugged me since the game was Live in 2005. My job is ADA Evaluation for State and local Governments so I too am one of only a few people who have noticed this.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

34 minutes ago, Arc-Mage said:

This has bugged me since the game was Live in 2005. My job is ADA Evaluation for State and local Governments so I too am one of only a few people who have noticed this.

It seems that the solution that Paragon City officials follow is similar to what most real cities do as well.... wait until someone files a formal compliant to do anything about it, figure out how to pay for it because the changes were never recommended or included in the city's annual budget, contract out just enough to become compliant, and wait until the next notice of non-ADA compliance comes in. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

17 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

It seems that the solution that Paragon City officials follow is similar to what most real cities do as well.... wait until someone files a formal compliant to do anything about it, figure out how to pay for it because the changes were never recommended or included in the city's annual budget, contract out just enough to become compliant, and wait until the next notice of non-ADA compliance comes in. 

Pretty much. The majority of the disabled parking spaces where I currently live are the same size as regular spaces with the symbol slapped on the asphalt.

• Sad 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 1 month later
On 4/27/2020 at 1:38 PM, ArchVileTerror said:

I'd be happy to see this changed, if only to give the world a little more appreciable verisimilitude.

Fan of the theBurnettwork?

• Confused 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

To be fair, those people live in a City of Heroes. Pretty sure as soon as they get out from their vehicle, there is a hero always near to carry them to the front door. This would explain why handicapped parking spaces are not really a big deal in that city.

Generally, you don't want to be near the door in a city of violence.  Safer to walk from the back of the lot incase a villian is making a getaway while  demolishing the building.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

On 4/27/2020 at 2:13 PM, Glacier Peak said:

...or break Clamor and some Freakshow out of the Zig to destroy the parking lots and replace them with ADA-compliant parking lots (at one-tenth the cost!)

• Haha 2