[v3.0.1 and v3.1.0] Super Reflexes/Martial Arts ... NO GET HITSU!!

Redlynne

What a difference being able to use updates to the game and a build planner can do for realizing new possibilities.

So to start, here's the other threads I've made on this specific topic, in case anyone wants to enjoy the evolution over time.

1. SR/MA ... NO GET HITSU!!
  2. [v2.0] SR/MA ... NO GET HITSU!!
  3. SR/MA ... Unrelenting Elude Unleash Power Absorb (what the frack did I just make??)

Looking back on how I got here, the way I feel about these previous builds I've posted can best be summed up ... well ... like this ...

spacer.png

Oh and the WALL OF TEXT CRITS YOU!!! factor shouldn't be as bad as usual this time around, since a lot of what I'm talking about here is pretty well known and researched (and if you really want to read more, there's the links above to peruse).

An interesting thing to know about this version is that this new build is has slightly more Defense than the previous ones (aside from the ridiculous Elude build version, of course).

Melee Defense: 61.7%

Ranged Defense: 62.8%

AoE Defense: 61%

The reason for this particular (upward) shift turns out to have a surprising source ... the Rune of Protection power in Sorcery.

In this new build, I realized that by dropping Hover in favor of Mystic Flight (which is more useful overall, I'm thinking) while also abandoning the Medicine pool entirely (more on that below) that opened up the opportunity to add Rune of Protection into the build ... not because I wanted/needed the Status Protection, but because Rune of Protection can slot Resistance sets ... and with Resistance set slotting comes the pair of +3% Defense IOs and the +Max HP IO available from the Resistance sets (Steadfast Protection, Gladiator's Armor, Unbreakable Guard).  Doing that then means that there's no longer a compelling reason to need to pick up Tough to provide the same service (meaning the Fighting pool is not needed) and the Defense buff yield is higher than slotting (and toggling on) Hover for use in covering a Defense gap when trying to get to 59% and higher.  It also means that Spirit Ward is needed, so as to slot in the Preventative Medicine set into the build (somewhere) owing to the loss of the Medicine pool seen in previous builds.

So I dropped Hover, Aid Other and Aid Self ... in favor of Mystic Flight, Spirit Ward and Rune of Protection ... and arguably wound up with an overall stronger build for my troubles.

It also turned out that with Rune of Protection serving as a +Defense set mule power, it was no longer necessary to slot Dodge/Agile/Lucky as aggressively to buttress gaps in Melee/Ranged/AoE Defense totals in order to get to 59% Defense.  In fact, the global set bonuses added enough Melee Defense that Dodge could remain unslotted and still achieve 61.7% total Defense vs Melee, so Dodge turned into the place to put the Kismet +ToHIt IO (mislabeled as a +Accuracy by Cryptic) as a One Slot Wonder™ power.  Agile and Lucky however still needed to have some Defense enhancement, but a mere 2 slots would suffice and allow slotting of only the Defense and Defense/Global Recharge IOs from Luck of the Gambler so as to add another +10% Regeneration (each) to the build while still providing adequate amounts of Defense.

Also, if you need to "heal up" from taking too much damage too quickly, there's an exceptionally simple way to do it.  Use Warrior's Provocation (which applies a -Range debuff) ... and kite.  Just run circles around whatever you're playing Keep Away from while your health regenerates and your endurance recovers while your Taunted $Targets helplessly give chase.  Easiest to do while soloing, obviously, but can also be done while in groups at a pinch before diving back in to mop up the stragglers.

Another somewhat major change from previous builds is the fact that Tankers got their Homecoming update and now no longer have a good/reasonable reason to slot up (let alone use) their T1 secondary powers for Bruising anymore, meaning that in this particular new build all of the slots that had previously been devoted to Thunder Kick can be cannibalized and put to better use elsewhere.  In this case those slots wound up being redistributed to Health (+1), Stamina (+3) and Rune of Protection (+2).  The combination of the slotting changes this made possible, along with the abandonment of the Medicine pool, meant that the overall build was able to achieve a respectable (for Super Reflexes) Max HP of 140% full time (with Accolades) and a remarkable 29/s (or higher!) Regeneration rate.  Because if you don't have a self-heal power, you're going to need to either have a lot of Inspirations or a healthy amount of Regeneration in order to mitigate the hits that do leak through softcapped (and incarnate softcapped) defenses.  In this case, I decided to maximize Regeneration after "solving" the Defense softcap(s) question(s).  This is also why I decided to slot Focused Fighting, Focused Senses and Evasion with full 6-slot sets of Luck of the Gambler ... for the +Max HP, +Regeneration and +Resistances (Smash/Lethal and Toxic/Psionic!) factors to buttress survivability (the +Accuracy is also a nice bonus).  On those terms, fully slotting Luck of the Gambler into the defensive toggles gave me "everything I needed" for a well rounded build context when looked at holistically.

To assist with that goal, build features the Might of the Tanker +Resistance proc in Storm Kick (where it will see plenty of use) and the Gauntleted Fist Tanker +Absorb proc in Dragon's Tail (where it should proc plentifully) in addition to having Reactive Defenses slotted into Maneuvers (for additional Scaling Resistances, above and beyond what Super Reflexes offers natively) as well as the full Preventative Medicine set slotted into Spirit Ward (for the Absorb proc there too).  On top of that, Rune of Protection can offer additional Resistance vs All (when recharged) for 90s, which will hopefully be sufficient to deal with a wide variety of potential defeat threatening situations (such as +ToHit dialed up to "kryptonite" quantities and other Auto Hit threats).  The basic idea is Defense In Depth where there are multiple layers of protection (scheming) so as to be able to handle circumstances that would otherwise force a retreat.  All of this then gets layered on top of a lot of +Max HP and +Regeneration bonuses (and Heal procs from Panacea and Power Transfer set IOs) so as to be able to Take A Lickin' And Keep On Kickin' ... (or words to that effect) ...  😎

spacer.png

Now, one thing that I know has created a lot of division among theorycrafters and build plans for Martial Arts has often times been the perennial question of ... to Eagle's Claw or not?

Personally speaking, I'm of the opinion that the answer to this question is a resounding YES ... both for style factor and for game mechanical reasons on a Tanker.  As you'll see in my (perhaps too brief) analysis of the PBAoE and Single Target attack chain rotations, with and without Eagle's Claw ... it kind of depends on what you're doing (and why), and what you're placing the highest value on (rotation animation speed, damage per rotation, damage per second, net endurance cost, etc.).  Broadly speaking, the answer(s) I found using the attack rotations I formulated for this specific build wound up being either a wash (single target) or empowered (PBAoE) when including Eagle's Claw versus not using Eagle's Claw.  Overall, I'd rather use Eagle's Claw than not, but since on a Tanker you won't have access to it until Levels 33-38 and up (depending on Exemplar and how far you've gotten with your leveling) so it's definitely going to be something you'll want to be able to work WITH as well as WITHOUT depending on what you're doing.

And yes ... this means it's time for yet another Dirty Pair clip just to illustrate the point ...

spacer.png

One other offensive/control factor that deserves a major mention here is the way I've got Cobra Strike, Crippling Axe Kick and Eagle's Claw (all three!) set up with Pounding Slugfest Stun procs.  The low end proc chance is ~41-44% (Cobra Strike and Crippling Axe Kick) and the high end is ~51% (Eagle's Claw).  I figure that together these single target attacks will have an EXCELLENT collection of proc chances to stack both Stun AND Immobilize onto a single target so as to "ghetto hold" them until you're done with them.  The occasional attack might leak out from time to time (unless dealing with PToD) but most Bosses and perhaps even some Elite Bosses will be rather conveniently neutralized thanks to the sheer amount of Stun and Immobilize mag and duration stacking that this build can produce rather reliably.

I'm posting the "leveling build" loadout slotting (first) below, along with the Attuned/Superior 50 version (second) in the alternate slots and the .mxd file for all of it will be appended at the bottom of the build post(s).

v3.0.1 edits:

Upon receiving advice, consultation and feedback from @Bopper, @Caulderone and others, I've made a few updates to the original build which are now posted below ... so if you downloaded the .mxd file before, I'd recommend downloading afresh to see the changes.

The minor edits where swapping the slotting of Mystic Flight from a common Endurance Reduction IO to instead using a Winter's Gift Slow Resistance (proc) for increased resistance to Slow effects.  Additionally, the Rectified Reticle I'd previously had in Vengeance got pulled so as to replace it with a Shield Wall Teleport Resistance/+5% Resist All PvP set IO to further enhance the build's overall resistances across the board.

Two really major changes happened to the slotting of Stamina (dramatically improved!), as well as the slotting of Cobra Strike and Crippling Axe Kick for improved Endurance Reduction at a slight (and acceptable) cost to damage production and Stun/Immobilize durations that wound up enhancing the longevity of the build's performance rather markedly.  As you'll see in the Attack Chains portion of the leveling build, ANY of the attack chains is now capable of being used continuously for over a minute before needing to worry about slowing down (or using Victory Rush to refuel) in order to recover endurance (and in one single target configuration the longevity exceeds three minutes before needing to slow down!).  This means that with careful attention by the Player, it is perfectly possible to need little to no downtime at all while playing this build during steamroller play ... although there will still be edge cases (aren't there always) where you'll still want to pay attention to your endurance bar to make sure you're not draining it too low before either reaching for an Inspiration to pausing to recover endurance.

I'm also adding the Show Totals window with Defenses and Resistances to the builds so that it's possible to see the effects of toggling off/on the effects of Rune of Protection to the overall protection scheme while Rune of Protection is active.

v3.1.0 edits:

Okay, I've had to consolidate the Cobra Strike v3.0.1 build(s) into a single post so as to make room for an alternate build that I would argue wound up coming out even BETTER because I "did the wrong thing™" and dropped Cobra Strike from the build entirely(!) and reassigned those slots to (gasp! horrors!) Thunder Kick instead(!).

I know ... BURN THE HERETIC and all that.  But hear me out, because this one gets ... interesting ...

And yes, as far as looking at the powers in the build planner, doing that LOOKS like it's a "rookie" mistake ... because Cobra Strike, on its own, "does more" than Thunder Kick does (or can) with similar slotting.  But what I found was that once I got past the powers and slotting of the build planner and drilled all the way down into the actual timing of power usage in the attack chains, having a well slotted up Thunder Kick suddenly made a LOT of structural elements of building SOLID attack chains SO MUCH EASIER while also enabling a consistently(!) higher frequency of using Storm Kick ... which then in turn strengthened and enhanced the overall protection scheme for the entire build.  Trust me, there's a BIG difference in being able to use Storm Kick every 3.9-4.4s (consistently!) versus every 8.3-9.3s(!), both in the "reliability" of being able to hit something (it's possible to miss...) and the benefits and buffs that flow from doing that (+Defense buff refresh and +Resistance buff proc chances) that require hitting a $Target in order to happen.

So, ironically, although Thunder Kick is "weaker" than Cobra Strike (objectively speaking) when looking at it in the build planner for slotting, Thunder Kick counter-intuitively winds up being the "better" choice when it comes to working out how to "structure" attack chains in ways that not only flow smoothly but then maximize opportunities for Storm Kick to be used both rapidly and repeatedly.  There ARE tradeoffs involved with either choice, but from a holistic viewpoint I prefer to think that Thunder Kick "enables more" in the rest of the build as a whole than Cobra Strike does, when looking beyond just the build planner presentation of stats.

Needless to say, this was not the result I was expecting ... but now I'm glad I kept questioning if the Cobra Strike option was the best/superior choice I could have made, because now I've got both builds and can cross compare the merits of each in a holistic way that goes all the way down to the attack chain sequencing level ... and it's when you get to THAT point, the actual "end user experience" of the build laid out in the planner, that the TRUE worth of Thunder Kick (and everything it enables) finally becomes apparent, understood and belatedly recognized as advantageous despite first impressions to the contrary.

So I hope this helps more people realize that outside of extreme recharge builds that use the SK>CAK>SK>CS attack powers rotation there is DEFINITELY a place for Thunder Kick in Martial Arts builds that aren't leaning on Hasten to fill in the gaps for them.

Edited by Redlynne
v3.0.1 updates
  • Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1510;731;1462;HEX;|
|78DA6D94D94F135114C6EFB4536A4B819696ADA54081226BA56ADC41D9D79A468C6|
|FA619609089134A66A6065E54F4C53D5113FC075C5FFCBBDC5894C4C407534FE77C|
|E2049CA4FDDD39F77EE77EF7DC7B27B3361AF838B171514881115D31CDDC5565E5A|
|66A782F2B56C15074517ABCF48B733C37AA2EA92BA69A9A2BACD2DB15754957D754|
|B301BD195557D55446312C4DD1734386658A40369FD7537379634135D6ABEC97595|
|559540D73595B0DD9EF532BB734539BD774CD5A2FB723E3BA7663D9AA1B5BD51652|
|C346C1527373F9829ECB28A64559EAC94F17FD4ED7D29F547258F4882035A2B2381|
|202AB998D61665304AC21D6CBE252ADC05314629190F689218A49C8273D70DBE35D|
|0FC1474CF931F88459F6947986B46E68DDF01285974678698297167869819797492|
|13CF0E289513E9F2CCE513E2FE713DE1EF6374C311F8FF3F826859DC33F054E332B|
|678895B2388635A5A75D362F90B61CFECAE12F007F01F86B81BF04FC25E0EF3C692|
|BE0A5E2B7B0FD9DA55815C7A4AA03E307A82F84BE10FADAD137417D61AC217C5BB6|
|FB227798B577C10D66FD3DF03E7384B435A8538D49EB8AC8224487B30EEBAADBE6B|
|D68DF01779947BF833FC03D6258168394AF01EB6AE8E37A8D512C863962A87B98E6|
|88638EF86B979DA3FB0DB3F72DB3EF1DF81EFCC0FEAA49DB8C399A139C6F9CE6684|
|50D5AB18F6DD8C736EC63DBC17DCCF23E4E9236096D12DA0E683BA0EDF8AB3D452C|
|738BF400F339093BA1EDFCC4B5E8FA0C7E01BF32BBBF815B5CAB4DD2F6B0D6D5532|
|A389D81DEE37C567B7FF19808AD3585DAA566B8EF19E9FA11EBDF91ED9A34CA8EBB|
|172DAD8FE695F7EF72B1DBD95FA447F43B23D8A9F4A151270E454EFE4737EB8CF95|
|C76A5B23226A798146347BE20DD688E15B7FCFB5F062121CFCEBF985B4AF06ACB06|
|B932C169C9AE48F41A312E8B6DA7BE93F5BB7EC7D7E6059F9ACA4D66F0154ECF2E9|
|FFCEA3DDC949F5CC1ACBF74B7D8DB75475B71B4E71DED3FD7B4CF08|

spacer.png

Level 50 Natural Tanker
Primary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Secondary Power Set: Martial Arts

Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Leadership

spacer.png

With Rune of Protection off and on:

spacer.png  spacer.png

Hero Profile:

Spoiler

Level 1:    Focused Fighting    
 (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance: Level 27
 (9) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
 (9) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 27
 (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

Level 1:    Thunder Kick    
 (A) Crushing Impact - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5

Level 2:    Storm Kick    
 (A) Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (3) Might of the Tanker - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (3) Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (5) Might of the Tanker - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (5) Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (7) Might of the Tanker - Recharge/Chance for +Res(All): Level 27

Level 4:    Focused Senses    
 (27) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
 (29) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 27
 (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

Level 6:    Mystic Flight    
 (A) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%): Level 10

Level 8:    Practiced Brawler    
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 10:    Cobra Strike    
 (A) Pounding Slugfest - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (11) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (11) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (15) Pounding Slugfest - Disorient Bonus: Level 15
 (48) Crushing Impact - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5
 (50) Absolute Amazement - Stun: Level 50+5

Level 12:    Evasion    
 (13) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
 (13) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (34) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 27
 (34) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

Level 14:    Dodge    
 (A) Kismet - Accuracy +6%: Level 10

Level 16:    Agile    
 (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 27

Level 18:    Lucky    
 (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

Level 20:    Dragon's Tail    
 (A) Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (21) Gauntleted Fist - Damage/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (23) Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (23) Gauntleted Fist - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (25) Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (25) Gauntleted Fist - RechargeTime/+Absorb: Level 27

Level 22:    Warrior's Provocation    
 (A) Perfect Zinger - Chance for Psi Damage: Level 21

Level 24:    Maneuvers    
 (A) Reactive Defenses - Defense: Level 27
 (37) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance: Level 27
 (37) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (40) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (40) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (40) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage: Level 20

Level 26:    Quickness    
 (A) Run Speed IO: Level 50+5

Level 28:    Focus Chi    

Level 30:    Tactics    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff: Level 27
 (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge: Level 27
 (45) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance: Level 27
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 21

Level 32:    Assault    
 (A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 35:    Crippling Axe Kick    
 (36) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (36) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (36) Pounding Slugfest - Disorient Bonus: Level 15
 (50) Gravitational Anchor - Immobilize: Level 50+5

Level 38:    Eagles Claw    
 (39) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (39) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (39) Pounding Slugfest - Disorient Bonus: Level 15
 (48) HamiO: Endoplasm Exposure (+2 Acc/Mez)
 (50) HamiO: Peroxisome Exposure (+2 Dam/Mez)

Level 41:    Spirit Ward    
 (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal: Level 27
 (42) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance: Level 27
 (42) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (42) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (43) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance: Level 27
 (43) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 20

Level 44:    Rune of Protection    
 (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%: Level 10
 (45) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All): Level 10
 (45) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP: Level 20

Level 47:    Vengeance    
 (A) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All): Level 10

Level 49:    Victory Rush    
 (A) Synapse's Shock - EndMod/Increased Run Speed: Level 21

Spoiler

Level 1:    Gauntlet    

Level 1:    Brawl    
 (A) Accuracy IO: Level 50

Level 1:    Sprint    
 (A) Celerity - +Stealth: Level 15

Level 2:    Rest    
 (A) Interrupt Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 2:    Swift    

Level 2:    Hurdle    
 (A) Jumping IO: Level 50+5

Level 2:    Health    
 (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance: Level 10
 (7) Regenerative Tissue - +Regeneration: Level 10
 (17) Miracle - +Recovery: Level 20
 (27) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery: Level 30

Level 2:    Stamina    
 (A) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 27
 (15) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy: Level 27
 (17) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 21
 (19) Power Transfer - EndMod: Level 27
 (19) Power Transfer - Damage/EndMod: Level 27
 (21) Power Transfer - Chance to Heal Self: Level 21

Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide    

Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge    

Level 4:    Ninja Run    

Level 0:    Freedom Phalanx Reserve    
Level 0:    Portal Jockey    
Level 0:    Task Force Commander    
Level 0:    The Atlas Medallion

Set Bonus Totals:

Spoiler

10.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
10.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
10.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
10.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
10.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
10.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
10.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
10.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
8.81% Defense(Smashing)
8.81% Defense(Lethal)
7.25% Defense(Fire)
7.25% Defense(Cold)
11% Defense(Energy)
11% Defense(Negative)
6% Defense(Psionic)
11.63% Defense(Melee)
10.38% Defense(Ranged)
8.5% Defense(AoE)
3.15% Max End
7.5% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
27% Enhancement(Accuracy)
62.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
15% SpeedFlying
GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
379.5 HP (20.25%) HitPoints
15% JumpHeight
15% SpeedJumping
MezResist(Confused) 97.5%
MezResist(Held) 97.5%
MezResist(Immobilized) 97.5%
MezResist(Sleep) 97.5%
MezResist(Stunned) 97.5%
MezResist(Terrorized) 97.5%
MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery
80% (6.25 HP/sec) Regeneration
20% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
20% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
20% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
33.5% Resistance(Smashing)
33.5% Resistance(Lethal)
19.25% Resistance(Fire)
19.25% Resistance(Cold)
11.75% Resistance(Energy)
11.75% Resistance(Negative)
26% Resistance(Toxic)
26% Resistance(Psionic)
30% SpeedRunning

Set Bonuses:

Spoiler

Luck of the Gambler
(Focused Fighting)
  10% (0.78 HP/sec) Regeneration
  21.08 HP (1.13%) HitPoints
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  3.75% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 6.25%, MezResist(Held) 6.25%, MezResist(Stunned) 6.25%, MezResist(Sleep) 6.25%, MezResist(Terrorized) 6.25%, MezResist(Confused) 6.25%
  4.5% Resistance(Toxic,Psionic), MezResist(Immobilized) 7.5%, MezResist(Held) 7.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 7.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 7.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 7.5%, MezResist(Confused) 7.5%
  7.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Might of the Tanker
(Storm Kick)
  2% DamageBuff(All)
  35.14 HP (1.88%) HitPoints
  4.5% Resistance(Toxic,Psionic), MezResist(Immobilized) 7.5%, MezResist(Held) 7.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 7.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 7.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 7.5%, MezResist(Confused) 7.5%
  5.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 8.75%, MezResist(Held) 8.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 8.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 8.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 8.75%, MezResist(Confused) 8.75%

Luck of the Gambler
(Focused Senses)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  3.75% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 6.25%, MezResist(Held) 6.25%, MezResist(Stunned) 6.25%, MezResist(Sleep) 6.25%, MezResist(Terrorized) 6.25%, MezResist(Confused) 6.25%

Winter's Gift
(Mystic Flight)
  20% ResEffect(SpeedRunning), 20% ResEffect(RechargeTime), 20% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)

Pounding Slugfest
(Cobra Strike)
  8% (0.62 HP/sec) Regeneration
  1.25% Defense(Energy,Negative), 0.63% Defense(Ranged)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Luck of the Gambler
(Evasion)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)

Luck of the Gambler
(Agile)

Luck of the Gambler
(Lucky)

Gauntleted Fist
(Dragon's Tail)
  1.8% Max End
  3.75% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 6.25%, MezResist(Held) 6.25%, MezResist(Stunned) 6.25%, MezResist(Sleep) 6.25%, MezResist(Terrorized) 6.25%, MezResist(Confused) 6.25%
  10% (0.78 HP/sec) Regeneration (Exceeded 5 Bonus Cap)
  3.13% Defense(Melee), 1.56% Defense(Lethal), 1.56% Defense(Smashing)
  5.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 8.75%, MezResist(Held) 8.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 8.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 8.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 8.75%, MezResist(Confused) 8.75%5.25% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 8.75%, MezResist(Held) 8.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 8.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 8.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 8.75%, MezResist(Confused) 8.75%

Reactive Defenses
(Maneuvers)
  1.5% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  3% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 5%, MezResist(Held) 5%, MezResist(Stunned) 5%, MezResist(Sleep) 5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 5%, MezResist(Confused) 5%
  3.75% Enhancement(EnduranceDiscount)
  8.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  3% Resistance(All)

Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control
(Tactics)
  7.5% SpeedJumping, 7.5% JumpHeight, 7.5% SpeedFlying, 7.5% SpeedRunning
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  2.5% Defense(Melee), 1.25% Defense(Lethal), 1.25% Defense(Smashing), 2.5% Defense(Ranged), 1.25% Defense(Energy), 1.25% Defense(Negative), 2.5% Defense(AoE), 1.25% Defense(Fire), 1.25% Defense(Cold)

Pounding Slugfest
(Crippling Axe Kick)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Pounding Slugfest
(Eagles Claw)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Preventive Medicine
(Spirit Ward)
  2.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  3% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 5%, MezResist(Held) 5%, MezResist(Stunned) 5%, MezResist(Sleep) 5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 5%, MezResist(Confused) 5%
  GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge), GrantPower Preventive Medicine (if Scourge)

Steadfast Protection
(Rune of Protection)
  3% Defense(Melee), 3% Defense(AoE), 3% Defense(Ranged), 3% Defense(Smashing), 3% Defense(Lethal), 3% Defense(Fire), 3% Defense(Cold), 3% Defense(Energy), 3% Defense(Negative), 3% Defense(Psionic)

Gladiator's Armor
(Rune of Protection)
  3% Defense(Melee), 3% Defense(AoE), 3% Defense(Ranged), 3% Defense(Smashing), 3% Defense(Lethal), 3% Defense(Fire), 3% Defense(Cold), 3% Defense(Energy), 3% Defense(Negative), 3% Defense(Psionic), MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)

Unbreakable Guard
(Rune of Protection)
  140.6 HP (7.5%) HitPoints

Shield Wall
(Vengeance)
  5% Resistance(Lethal), 5% Resistance(Smashing), 5% Resistance(Fire), 5% Resistance(Cold), 5% Resistance(Energy), 5% Resistance(Negative), 5% Resistance(Psionic), 5% Resistance(Toxic)

Synapse's Shock
(Victory Rush)
  15% SpeedRunning

Performance Shifter
(Stamina)

Power Transfer
(Stamina)
  6% (0.47 HP/sec) Regeneration
  1.35% Max End

Proc Chances:

Spoiler

Storm Kick: Might of the Tanker (4.0 PPM)

• 4.0 * ((6 / ( 1 + 29.25 / 100 )) + 0.83) / 60 = 36.48% @ Level 10
  • 4.0 * ((6 / ( 1 + 95.90 / 100 )) + 0.83) / 60 = 25.95% @ Level 50

Cobra Strike: Pounding Slugfest (2.5 PPM)

• 2.5 * ((10 / ( 1 + 12.00 / 100 )) + 1.67) / 60 = 44.16% @ Level 15
  • 2.5 * ((10 / ( 1 + 21.75 / 100 )) + 1.67) / 60 = 41.18% @ Level 30+

Dragon's Tail (max 10): Gauntleted Fist (2.0 PPM)

• 2.0 * ((14 / ( 1 + 58.80 / 100 )) + 1.50) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 8 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 18.10% @ Level 15
  • 2.0 * ((14 / ( 1 + 99.48 / 100 )) + 1.50) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 8 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 14.94% @ Level 50

Warrior's Provocation (max 5): Perfect Zinger (3.5 PPM)

• 3.5 * ((10 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 1.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 15 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 25.33%

Tactics: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-control (1.0 PPM)

• 1 * 10 / (60 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 40000)) = 6.5% (Pre-clamp: 2.15%)
    • Team-1: 1 - (1 - 0.065)1 = 6.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-2: 1 - (1 - 0.065)2 = 12.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-3: 1 - (1 - 0.065)3 = 18.2% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-4: 1 - (1 - 0.065)4 = 23.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-5: 1 - (1 - 0.065)5 = 28.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-6: 1 - (1 - 0.065)6 = 33.1% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-7: 1 - (1 - 0.065)7 = 37.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-8: 1 - (1 - 0.065)8 = 41.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-16: 1 - (1 - 0.065)16 = 65.8% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-24: 1 - (1 - 0.065)24 = 80.0% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-32: 1 - (1 - 0.065)32 = 88.3% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-40: 1 - (1 - 0.065)40 = 93.20% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-48: 1 - (1 - 0.065)48 = 96.03% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-50: 1 - (1 - 0.065)50 = 96.53% chance to proc every 10 seconds

Crippling Axe Kick: Pounding Slugfest (2.5 PPM)

• 2.5 * ((11 / ( 1 + 21.75 / 100 )) + 1.60) / 60 = 44.31% @ Level 30+

Eagle's Claw: Pounding Slugfest (2.5 PPM)

• 2.5 * ((12 / ( 1 + 21.75 / 100 )) + 2.53) / 60 = 51.61% @ Level 30+

Health: Panacea (3.0 PPM)

• 3.0 x 10 / 60 = 50.00% chance every ~10s for +64.58 HP and/or +8.49 endurance

Stamina: Performance Shifter (1.5 PPM), Power Transfer (3.0 PPM)

• 1.5 x 10 / 60 = 25.00% chance every ~10s for +11.32 endurance
  • 3.0 x 10 / 60 = 50.00% chance every ~10s for +93.7 HP

Attack Chain Info:

Spoiler
  • T1 Thunder Kick = 0.83s/1.056s Cast/Arcanatime + 1.64s Recharge for 3.26 endurance cost
  • T2 Storm Kick = 0.83s/1.056s Cast/Arcanatime + 2.25s Recharge @ Level 27 for 5.04 endurance cost
  • T3 Cobra Strike = 1.67s/1.848s Cast/Arcanatime + 4.91s Recharge for 6.57 endurance cost
  • T4 Warrior's Provocation = 1.67s/1.848s Cast/Arcanatime + 5.48s Recharge for 0 endurance cost
  • T6 Dragon's Tail = 1.5s/1.716s Cast/Arcanatime + 5.04s Recharge @ Level 27 for 9.72 endurance cost
  • T7 Focus Chi = 1.17s/1.32s Cast/Arcanatime + 38.22s Recharge for 4.84 endurance cost
  • T8 Crippling Axe Kick = 1.6s/1.848s Cast/Arcanatime + 5.4s Recharge for 7.11 endurance cost
  • T9 Eagle's Claw = 2.53s/2.772s Cast/Arcanatime + 5.89s Recharge for 9.22 endurance cost

Single Target without Eagle's Claw
Storm Kick > Crippling Axe Kick > Thunder Kick > Storm Kick > Cobra Strike > Thunder Kick ... repeat

(T2 > T8 > T1 > T2 > T3 > T1)

• Arcanatime = 1.056+1.848+1.056+1.056+1.848+1.056 = 7.92s
  • Damage Output = 123+196.9+55.12+123+182+55.12 = 735.14 over 7.92s = 92.82 damage per second
  • Endurance Cost = 5.04+7.11+3.26+5.04+6.57+3.26 = 30.28 endurance / 7.92s = 3.82 endurance per second
  • Average recovery = +3.33 + 0.4245 (Panacea proc) + 0.283 (Performance Shifter proc) - 1.18 = +2.8545 endurance per second average recovery

Approximately 110-117 seconds of continuous combat can be sustained from max 113.2% endurance before toggles are in danger of dropping when using this rotation continuously.  Use of Victory Rush will of course alter these conditions situationally.

PBAoE without Eagle's Claw
Storm Kick > Dragon's Tail > Crippling Axe Kick > Cobra Strike > Warrior's Provocation ... repeat

(T2 > T6 > T8 > T3 > T4)

• Arcanatime = 1.056+1.716+1.848+1.848+1.848 = 8.316s
  • Damage Output = 123+109.9 (max 10)+196.9+182+(71.75*0.2533) (max 5) = 629.97 (single target) to 1142.27 (5 targets) to 1691.77 (10 targets) over 8.316s = 75.75 to 137.36 to 203.44 averaged damage per second
  • Endurance Cost = 5.04+9.72+7.11+6.57+0 = 28.44 endurance / 8.316s = 3.42 endurance per second cost
  • Average recovery = +3.33 + 0.4245 (Panacea proc) + 0.283 (Performance Shifter proc) - 1.18 = +2.8545 endurance per second average recovery

Approximately 190-200 seconds of continuous combat can be sustained from max 113.2% endurance before toggles are in danger of dropping when using this rotation continuously.  Use of Victory Rush will of course alter these conditions situationally.

Single Target with Eagle's Claw (Eagle's Claw damage buff duration shown in italics)
Storm Kick > Eagle's Claw > Crippling Axe Kick > Cobra Strike > Thunder Kick ... 0.082s delay ... repeat

(T2 > T9 > T8 > T3 > T1)

• Arcanatime = 1.056+2.772+1.848+1.848+1.056+(0.082) = 8.662s
  • Damage Output = 123+219+228+210.8+55.12 = 835.92 over 8.662s = 96.50 damage per second
  • Endurance Cost = 5.04+9.22+7.11+6.57+3.26 = 31.2 endurance / 8.662s = 3.60 endurance per second cost

Approximately 145-151 seconds of continuous combat can be sustained from max 113.2% endurance before toggles are in danger of dropping when using this rotation continuously.  Use of Victory Rush will of course alter these conditions situationally.

PBAoE with Eagle's Claw (Eagle's Claw damage buff duration shown in italics)
Storm Kick > Eagle's Claw > Dragon's Tail > Crippling Axe Kick > Cobra Strike ... repeat

(T2 > T9 > T6 > T8 > T3)

• Arcanatime = 1.056+2.772+1.716+1.848+1.848 = 9.24s
  • Damage Output = 123+219+127.2 (max 10)+228+182 = 879.2 damage (single target) to 2024 (10 targets) over 9.24s = 95.15 to 219.05 damage per second
  • Endurance Cost = 5.04+9.22+9.72+7.11+6.57 = 37.66 endurance / 9.24s = 4.08 endurance per second cost

Approximately 85-92 seconds of continuous combat can be sustained from max 113.2% endurance before toggles are in danger of dropping when using this rotation continuously.  Use of Victory Rush will of course alter these conditions situationally.

|MxDz;1510;727;1454;HEX;|
|78DA6D94594F135114C7EFB4536A4B816EAC652B9BAC95AA7107655F6B1A31BE996|
|6808B4C9C5032D31A7834717D315113FC02AE2F7E1CD72FE0C6A224263E987A3AE7|
|2F4EC049DADFCCB9F77FEEFF9E3377526BA381D71337CF0B253062689695B9ACAD5|
|C97A6F7A296CB9B9A218A97977E0D1CCF8CCA25B962C9C45C7E959E2EC92543AE49|
|AB16A3296948994869664ED78CCC9099B344209DCD1A89B9ACB920CDF50AFB61566|
|A8BD2B496F5D590FD3CB57243B7F479DDD073EBA57664DCD0AF2DE7AAC756F585C4|
|B099CFC9CC5C366F64529A95A32C35E4A78B7E27ABE84F293A2C7844906E92AA381|
|402C3CCFA08B3310A56322F54095C05211609499F18A298827CCA1BB73DCFF5167C|
|C754DF831F98251F99A748EB86D60D2F75F0520F2F8DF0D20C2FCDF0F2B85D080FB|
|C786294CFA78A3394CFCBF984B787FD0D53CCC7F33CBEC9625354E19F02A799E533|
|C472551CC19E92D32E9BE7485B0A7FA5F01780BF00FC35C35F1CFEE2F07796B465F|
|052F65BD8FE4E53AC82634AC5BEF9033416C25808636D189BA0B108F610B9A5DAB1|
|E86D66D51DF02EB3E61E789F3942DA4AD4A9D2A27D455511A297B31AFBAADEE25EB|
|46D833BCCC3DFC11FE02E31A28A41CA578B7DD5F671BDC62816C31A31D43D426B34|
|608D86A72E3B47F73366EF7366DF0BF025F88AFD8549DB84359AE29C6F9CD668410|
|D5AD0C756F4B1157D6CDDDFC734F77192B4EDD0B643DB016D07B41D7FB52788256E|
|911C603E246127B49D9FB8165D9FC12FE05766F73770936BB541DA1ED6BA7A8A05A|
|7757A8FF2BBDAFB8BE74469AF09D42E31C3630F48D78F58FF36F7B15E759CBD3AC1|
|EBAA7B67B9D0ED1C2FD025FA9D11742A7960D6B10391E3FFD1CD3A633E975DA9B48|
|AC529A6C4D8912F48279A63854DFFDE974128C8B3FD2FE656E2BCDB9241C566705A|
|B12B5277852BB5E5D477B27EC7EFF8DA3CE2B7A67C83197C82B767872B16DEC549F|
|9A9DAF1B4BF78B6D8DB55C7BDE6B89F77DCFF01F7DFD619|

spacer.png

Level 50 Natural Tanker

spacer.png

spacer.png  spacer.png

Hero Profile:

Spoiler

(A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance: Level 50
 (9) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 50
 (9) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50
 (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50

(A) Crushing Impact - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5

(A) Superior Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (3) Superior Might of the Tanker - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (3) Superior Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (5) Superior Might of the Tanker - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (5) Superior Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (7) Superior Might of the Tanker - Recharge/Chance for +Res(All): Level 50

(27) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 50
 (29) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50
 (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50

Level 10:    Cobra Strike    
 (A) Pounding Slugfest - Accuracy/Damage: Level 30
 (11) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Endurance: Level 30
 (11) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Recharge: Level 30
 (15) Pounding Slugfest - Disorient Bonus: Level 15

(13) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 50
 (13) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (34) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50
 (34) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50

(A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50

(37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50

(A) Superior Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (21) Superior Gauntleted Fist - Damage/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (23) Superior Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (23) Superior Gauntleted Fist - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (25) Superior Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (25) Superior Gauntleted Fist - RechargeTime/+Absorb: Level 50

Level 22:    Warrior's Provocation    

Level 24:    Maneuvers    
 (A) Reactive Defenses - Defense: Level 50
 (37) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance: Level 50
 (37) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (40) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (40) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (40) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage: Level 20

Level 30:    Tactics    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff: Level 50
 (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge: Level 50
 (45) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 50
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance: Level 50
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance: Level 50
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 21

Level 32:    Assault    

(36) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Endurance: Level 30
 (36) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Recharge: Level 30

(39) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Endurance: Level 30
 (39) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Recharge: Level 30
 (48) HamiO: Endoplasm Exposure (+2 Acc/Mez)
 (50) HamiO: Peroxisome Exposure (+2 Dam/Mez)

Level 41:    Spirit Ward    
 (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal: Level 50
 (42) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance: Level 50
 (42) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (42) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (43) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance: Level 50
 (43) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 20

Level 44:    Rune of Protection    
 (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%: Level 30
 (45) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All): Level 10
 (45) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP: Level 20

Level 47:    Vengeance    

Level 49:    Victory Rush    
 (A) Synapse's Shock - EndMod/Increased Run Speed: Level 50

Spoiler

(A) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 50
 (15) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy: Level 50
 (17) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 21
 (19) Power Transfer - EndMod: Level 50
 (19) Power Transfer - Damage/EndMod: Level 50
 (21) Power Transfer - Chance to Heal Self: Level 21

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

Set Bonus Totals:

Spoiler

Set Bonus Totals:
12.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
12.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
12.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
12.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
12.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
12.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
12.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
12.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
9.75% Defense(Smashing)
9.75% Defense(Lethal)
7.25% Defense(Fire)
7.25% Defense(Cold)
11% Defense(Energy)
11% Defense(Negative)
6% Defense(Psionic)
13.5% Defense(Melee)
10.38% Defense(Ranged)
8.5% Defense(AoE)
4.95% Max End
65% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
15% SpeedFlying
400.6 HP (21.38%) HitPoints
15% JumpHeight
15% SpeedJumping
MezResist(Confused) 107.5%
MezResist(Held) 107.5%
MezResist(Immobilized) 107.5%
MezResist(Sleep) 107.5%
MezResist(Stunned) 107.5%
MezResist(Terrorized) 107.5%
96% (7.5 HP/sec) Regeneration
35% Resistance(Smashing)
35% Resistance(Lethal)
20% Resistance(Fire)
20% Resistance(Cold)
14% Resistance(Energy)
14% Resistance(Negative)
27.5% Resistance(Toxic)
27.5% Resistance(Psionic)
30% SpeedRunning

Set Bonuses:

Spoiler

Luck of the Gambler
(Focused Fighting)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)

Superior Might of the Tanker
(Storm Kick)
  4% DamageBuff(All)
  56.22 HP (3%) HitPoints
  10% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  6% Resistance(Toxic,Psionic), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%
  6% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%

Luck of the Gambler
(Focused Senses)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)

Winter's Gift
(Mystic Flight)
  20% ResEffect(SpeedRunning), 20% ResEffect(RechargeTime), 20% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)

Pounding Slugfest
(Cobra Strike)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Luck of the Gambler
(Evasion)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)

Luck of the Gambler
(Agile)

Luck of the Gambler
(Lucky)

Superior Gauntleted Fist
(Dragon's Tail)
  3.6% Max End
  6% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%
  16% (1.25 HP/sec) Regeneration
  5% Defense(Melee), 2.5% Defense(Lethal), 2.5% Defense(Smashing)
  6% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%6% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%

Reactive Defenses
(Maneuvers)
  1.5% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  3% Resistance(All)

(Tactics)
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  2.5% Defense(Melee), 1.25% Defense(Lethal), 1.25% Defense(Smashing), 2.5% Defense(Ranged), 1.25% Defense(Energy), 1.25% Defense(Negative), 2.5% Defense(AoE), 1.25% Defense(Fire), 1.25% Defense(Cold)

Pounding Slugfest
(Crippling Axe Kick)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Pounding Slugfest
(Eagles Claw)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Preventive Medicine
(Spirit Ward)
  2.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge), GrantPower Preventive Medicine (if Scourge)

Steadfast Protection
(Rune of Protection)
  3% Defense(Melee), 3% Defense(AoE), 3% Defense(Ranged), 3% Defense(Smashing), 3% Defense(Lethal), 3% Defense(Fire), 3% Defense(Cold), 3% Defense(Energy), 3% Defense(Negative), 3% Defense(Psionic)

Gladiator's Armor
(Rune of Protection)
  3% Defense(Melee), 3% Defense(AoE), 3% Defense(Ranged), 3% Defense(Smashing), 3% Defense(Lethal), 3% Defense(Fire), 3% Defense(Cold), 3% Defense(Energy), 3% Defense(Negative), 3% Defense(Psionic), MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)

Unbreakable Guard
(Rune of Protection)

Shield Wall
(Vengeance)
  5% Resistance(Lethal), 5% Resistance(Smashing), 5% Resistance(Fire), 5% Resistance(Cold), 5% Resistance(Energy), 5% Resistance(Negative), 5% Resistance(Psionic), 5% Resistance(Toxic)

Synapse's Shock
(Victory Rush)
  15% SpeedRunning

Performance Shifter
(Stamina)

Power Transfer
(Stamina)
  1.35% Max End

Proc Chances:

Spoiler

Storm Kick: Superior Might of the Tanker (5.0 PPM)

• 5.0 * ((6 / ( 1 + 99.88 / 100 )) + 0.83) / 60 = 31.93%

Cobra Strike: Pounding Slugfest (2.5 PPM)

• 2.5 * ((10 / ( 1 + 12.00 / 100 )) + 1.67) / 60 = 44.16% @ Level 15
  • 2.5 * ((10 / ( 1 + 21.75 / 100 )) + 1.67) / 60 = 41.18% @ Level 30+

Dragon's Tail (max 10): Superior Gauntleted Fist (3.0 PPM)

• 3.0 * ((14 / ( 1 + 104.35 / 100 )) + 1.50) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 8 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 21.98%

• 3.5 * ((10 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 1.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 15 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 25.33%

Stamina: Power Shifter (1.5 PPM), Power Transfer (3.0 PPM)

Tanker - Super Reflexes - Martial Arts.mxd

Edited by Redlynne
v3.0.1 updates
  • Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Well ... it looks like I was wrong about Thunder Kick ...

spacer.png

... and the reason WHY is so incredibly META that it only makes sense when comparing the build(s) above with the build(s) below, so I'm really glad I reserved extra space in the first few posts here so I could have both versions in the same thread.

So everything beyond this point is going to be v3.1.0 ... not to be confused with the v3.0.1 build(s) you can see posted earlier and which is slightly different from what you can see below.

Right, everyone still with me on this?

This is going to be one of those cases where something that shouldn't work out like it does actually winds up being better when getting all the way down into the "meta" building of attack chains but which looks like a mistake in the build planner.

What am I talking about?

I removed Cobra Strike from the build entirely and reassigned those enhancement slots to Thunder Kick instead.

Which on the face of things looks like a really major mistake, since Cobra Strike is "qualitatively better than Thunder Kick in every way" by almost any metric you'd care to use when comparing the two powers (without context in a vacuum) ... which is essentially true until you start trying to build repeating attack chains.

Here, have a look.

v3.0.1 with Cobra Strike

• Single Target without Eagle's Claw: 92.82 DPS over 7.92s with 110-117s continuous longevity
  • PBAoE without Eagle's Claw: 75.75 to 203.44 averaged DPS over 8.316s with 190-200s continuous longevity

• Single Target with Eagle's Claw: 96.50 DPS over 8.662s with 145-151s continuous longevity
  • PBAoE with Eagle's Claw: 95.15 to 219.05 averaged DPS over 9.24s with 85-92s continous longevity

Not exactly shabby, according to my copy of the build planner (which is probably out of date and not reporting Tanker damages correctly, but that's an error of proportions more than anything else).

Now compare the above with what happens when taking out Cobra Strike and replacing it with Thunder Kick in the build and the attack chains.

v3.1.0 with Thunder Kick

• Single Target without Eagle's Claw: 78.61 to 87.79 averaged DPS over 7.92s with 21,350 seconds (5.9 hours!) continuous longevity
  • PBAoE without Eagle's Claw: 91.80 to 219.50 averaged DPS over 7.788s with 80-86 seconds continuous longevity

• Single Target with Eagle's Claw: 99.49 DPS over 8.844s with 190-198 seconds continuous longevity
  • PBAoE with Eagle's Claw: 89.39 to 221.42 averaged DPS over 8.712s with 115-122 seconds continuous longevity

So comparable output performance (better in some situations but not quite as good in others) ... but there is one thing that cannot be denied when examining more closely ... and it doesn't even show up in the DPS/endurance analysis above.

The Thunder Kick build uses Storm Kick TWICE per attack rotation in EVERY scenario, while the Cobra Strike build uses Storm Kick twice per attack rotation ONLY in the single target without Eagle's Claw attack chain while the other 3 attack chains have Storm Kick being used only ONCE per rotation.  To put it mildly, this is a HUGE amount of opportunities to proc +Resistance being "lost" in the Cobra Strike invested build simply because of the "shape" of the recharge on the various powers used and how "quickly" Storm Kick can be (re)used during the rotations.

To put it mildly, using Thunder Kick "solves" that recharge problem with Storm Kick.

That's because Thunder Kick plus ANY other Martial Arts attack power aside from Storm Kick will take either 2.772s or 2.904s to animate, during which Storm Kick is recharging.  In order to recharge Storm Kick in 2.772s or less (which also happens to be the arcanatime of Eagle's Claw, coincidentally) requires 6/2.772=2.1645 or +116.45% recharge enhancement ... and with +20% from Quickness and +62.5% to +65% from global set bonuses, that leaves only +33.95% or less needing to be slotted onto Storm Kick itself (and Might of the Tanker easily exceeds that amount of recharge in the "SO strength" level ranges).

So with Thunder Kick in the mix, you can Storm+Thunder followed by something else, then Storm+Thunder again and attack with a different something else ... at which point you're ready to repeat the whole chain all over again ... and the something elses can be a mix of Warrior's Provocation, Dragon's Tail, Crippling Axe Kick or Eagle's Claw.

Storm Kick and Thunder Kick together are just "too much chocolate and peanut butter" or even "chocolate and strawberries" of a combination, depending on your tastes and preferences, in terms of what they enable downstream of the build planner when it comes to building out attack chains.  That in turn allows Storm Kick and Thunder Kick to see double usage per attack rotation, making both powers prime candidates for procs (even though the proc chances in Thunder Kick are kind of low).  Being able to use Storm Kick and Thunder Kick every 3.9-4.4s helps stack up proc opportunities (quickly!) as well as ensuring that if Storm Kick misses a $Target there will be another opportunity to not only refresh the +10% Defense vs All for 10s buff (that requires a hit to take effect) before a previous (successful hit) buff expires, in addition to getting lots of chances to proc Might of the Tanker for +Resistance (All) which can be stacked up to 3x ... and the only way to accomplish that is to use Storm Kick (with Might of the Tanker slotted in) as often as possible.

So although the above cross comparison of builds (Thunder Kick vs Cobra Strike investment) LOOKS relatively comparable in terms of damage production, that's merely scratching the surface of the underlying structural differences.  The Cobra Strike invested build obviously places a heavier emphasis on single target Stun power as its primary means of mitigation (with double stacking Stun durations from Cobra Strike being a major consideration), while putting the Resistance, Absorb and Regeneration factors all acting as backup for hits that "leak through" Defenses at lower priorities.  The Thunder Kick invested build abandons some of that Stun potential in favor of a more "rapid fire shotgun" approach that mixes in Knockdown proc chances in Thunder Kick itself while falling back on a 8s Stun duration cycle in which as many as 3-4 Stun proc checks happen EVERY attack rotation, rather than having only 1-3 Stun proc checks per rotation with the Cobra Strike configuration.

In addition, the Thunder Kick build demonstrates that almost EVERYTHING is better with Eagle's Claw (damage production, attack chain rotation timing, longevity due to endurance usage) in addition to enabling more frequent usage of Storm Kick AND Thunder Kick, relative to the prior Cobra Strike build.  So this is why when I say I think I was wrong about Thunder Kick ... when I see this kind of shift in the underlying meta of attack chain sequencing I simply have to sit up and take notice.  Hopefully I won't be alone in doing that.

spacer.png

v3.1.1 Edit:

An alternative option for the Level 47 power pick, as suggested by @Caulderone, would be to swap out Enflame from Sorcery so as to instead Conserve Power from Energy Mastery and slot it with a single common 50+5 Recharge Reduction IO.  In the context of the rest of the build, this would give Conserve Power a recharge time of ~252-255 seconds ... which means that since the recharge is shorter than the 300s recharge of Victory Rush, you can easily alternate Victory Rush and Conserve Power, rather than stacking them, so as to have a remarkably small period of only ~90s or so in which neither Victory Rush nor Conserve Power buffing is active.  Even better yet, you can wait after the Victory Rush buff expires, so as to allow your Endurance to drain a little bit during continuous combat before using Conserve Power (you can delay up by ~45s after Victory Rush expires so as to fit Conserve Power into the "middle of the uptime gap"       of 180s in Victory Rush) and basically wind up with what will feel like a nearly bottomless endurance blue bar.

It may turn out that doing this winds up being "endurance longevity overkill" in terms of never risking extreme net endurance loss in continuous combat ... but that's also assuming there aren't any Sappers to deal with either (which as we all know, isn't always true).

Edited by Redlynne
v3.1.1 updates
  • Like 2

IifneyR.gif

|MxDz;1512;736;1472;HEX;|
|78DA6D94D94F135114C6EFB403D852A00B9442D9CA5E904AD5C41D4540D69A468C6|
|FA619E012274E5A32D31A7851D117F7C4FD1F707DF1C57FC7187D73635113131F4C|
|3D9DF389137192F29BF9CEFDEE39E72EA496477DAFC6578F0AC5376268969539AD6|
|5CF4BB3E2A4962F989A214A4F05FD9A59CF8CCA4599B56462B6B0445FA7E4A22197|
|A5D580684A1A5226529A99D73523336CE62DE14BE77246623667CE4B73A5C6FE989|
|1DA8234AD73FA52C0FE9ECC5ED02D7D4E37F4FC4A95ADA4E4823EAF6765FDD8923E|
|9F386E16F232339B2B18999466E5699E085514A7DFBE30FD514A3516CB849F5E1A5|
|5110C302341666388D9540BD61123AA38161678C8FBC66DC776BC05DF31BDEFC149|
|61D3374DAC56C5307915E455AEF118D775F00653BD09DE6296DF66EE27AF1B5E376|
|A8EA1E6186AEE44CD9DA8B90735DFEF12A28C6B1665519ACFA38A8361DEA19256D1|
|4F487AC408691E681ECB2544AD2A0E935689BC95C8DB82BC2DC8DB82BC6DC81B43D|
|E43E4AD62AFA8FA25ECBC0748AB614DA9C1F838C61FA15800B1C03F3D8C532C8475|
|0F5D54ED58ED25F03233BC0A5E6146AE3203D4681D7AA85BE7F58C6F809BCCBEAFE|
|037F03B31A48A1079EBE1AD7FE2B263034F99BB9E81CFC117CCE44B5EBB21AAB901|
|FD370CF01A8F9116C51A47B1EE77697F9AD15BF307CEBFF323F809FCCC1CF802AE7|
|17D8FC8DBCA395CADA542698DDB76F31EB7FDE4312728673BE66F9FE033D981B3D9|
|3105E28C762E704DC9B4CBE60479BBE0ED82B71BDE6E78BBE1EDF9E39D626F90D6A|
|E17FDF7C638768726EB47FFFD1BAAAD3D242D012DF1BAA4D19E927710DAE034F7D3|
|A46EDD3DCA2BEC717175EB2E17FB9CF1223D62D0A9600792DB46EDD9A6ECFD8F6FC|
|6A9795C76C76915C94953A25C91C74F3795B5E29A77EBC60B05F36CFCD5DC4A1377|
|563EC43BE79F52EC1D6B3C436C56C5BAD3DFCBFE4DAFE3BFC83D3E71BE07CCEAC77|
|CF2AA37F9E4FBBF33833F545B4F7B4B778B6B3BEB78D71CEF738EF7DF4CA1D341|

spacer.png

Level 50 Natural Tanker

spacer.png

spacer.png  spacer.png

Hero Profile:

Spoiler

(19) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
 (25) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (27) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 27
 (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

(A) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (9) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (9) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (11) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown: Level 27
 (11) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (13) Pounding Slugfest - Disorient Bonus: Level 15

(A) Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (3) Might of the Tanker - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (3) Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (5) Might of the Tanker - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (5) Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (7) Might of the Tanker - Recharge/Chance for +Res(All): Level 27

(34) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
 (34) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 27
 (40) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

Level 10:    Warrior's Provocation    

(31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
 (31) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 27

(42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

(40) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

(A) Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (21) Gauntleted Fist - Damage/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (21) Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (23) Gauntleted Fist - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (23) Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (25) Gauntleted Fist - RechargeTime/+Absorb: Level 27

Level 22:    Maneuvers    
 (A) Reactive Defenses - Defense: Level 27
 (42) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance: Level 27
 (42) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (43) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (43) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (43) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage: Level 20

Level 24:    Tactics    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff: Level 27
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge: Level 27
 (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance: Level 27
 (50) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 21

Level 30:    Spirit Ward    
 (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal: Level 27
 (45) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance: Level 27
 (45) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (45) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (46) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance: Level 27
 (46) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 20

Level 32:    Rune of Protection    
 (33) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All): Level 10
 (33) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP: Level 20

(36) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (36) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (37) Crushing Impact - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5

(39) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (39) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (40) Crushing Impact - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5

Level 41:    Assault    

Level 44:    Victory Rush    
 (A) Synapse's Shock - EndMod/Increased Run Speed: Level 50+5

Level 47:    Enflame    
 (A) Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize: Level 50

Level 49:    Vengeance    

Spoiler

(A) Panacea - Heal/Endurance: Level 10

(A) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 27
 (13) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy/Recharge: Level 27
 (15) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 21
 (15) Power Transfer - EndMod: Level 27
 (17) Power Transfer - Damage/EndMod: Level 27
 (19) Power Transfer - Chance to Heal Self: Level 21

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

Set Bonus Totals:

Spoiler

11.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
11.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
11.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
11.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
11.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
11.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
11.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
11.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
8.81% Defense(Smashing)
8.81% Defense(Lethal)
7.25% Defense(Fire)
7.25% Defense(Cold)
9.75% Defense(Energy)
9.75% Defense(Negative)
6% Defense(Psionic)
11.63% Defense(Melee)
9.75% Defense(Ranged)
8.5% Defense(AoE)

3.15% Max End
62.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

15% SpeedFlying
407.6 HP (21.75%) HitPoints
15% JumpHeight
15% SpeedJumping
MezResist(Confused) 97.5%
MezResist(Held) 97.5%
MezResist(Immobilized) 97.5%
MezResist(Sleep) 97.5%
MezResist(Stunned) 97.5%
MezResist(Terrorized) 97.5%
92% (7.18 HP/sec) Regeneration
33.5% Resistance(Smashing)
33.5% Resistance(Lethal)
19.25% Resistance(Fire)
19.25% Resistance(Cold)
11.75% Resistance(Energy)
11.75% Resistance(Negative)
26% Resistance(Toxic)
26% Resistance(Psionic)
30% SpeedRunning

Set Bonuses:

Spoiler

Luck of the Gambler
(Focused Fighting)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)

Overwhelming Force
(Thunder Kick)
  12% (0.94 HP/sec) Regeneration
  3% DamageBuff(All)
  28.11 HP (1.5%) HitPoints

Pounding Slugfest
(Thunder Kick)

Might of the Tanker
(Storm Kick)
  2% DamageBuff(All)
  5.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 8.75%, MezResist(Held) 8.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 8.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 8.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 8.75%, MezResist(Confused) 8.75%

Luck of the Gambler
(Focused Senses)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)

Winter's Gift
(Mystic Flight)

Luck of the Gambler
(Evasion)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)

Luck of the Gambler
(Agile)

Luck of the Gambler
(Lucky)

Gauntleted Fist
(Dragon's Tail)
  1.8% Max End
  3.75% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 6.25%, MezResist(Held) 6.25%, MezResist(Stunned) 6.25%, MezResist(Sleep) 6.25%, MezResist(Terrorized) 6.25%, MezResist(Confused) 6.25%
  10% (0.78 HP/sec) Regeneration (Exceeded 5 Bonus Cap)
  3.13% Defense(Melee), 1.56% Defense(Lethal), 1.56% Defense(Smashing)
  5.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 8.75%, MezResist(Held) 8.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 8.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 8.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 8.75%, MezResist(Confused) 8.75%5.25% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 8.75%, MezResist(Held) 8.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 8.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 8.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 8.75%, MezResist(Confused) 8.75%

Reactive Defenses
(Maneuvers)
  3% Resistance(All)

(Tactics)
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)

Preventive Medicine
(Spirit Ward)

Steadfast Protection
(Rune of Protection)

Gladiator's Armor
(Rune of Protection)

Unbreakable Guard
(Rune of Protection)

Pounding Slugfest
(Crippling Axe Kick)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Pounding Slugfest
(Eagles Claw)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Synapse's Shock
(Victory Rush)
  15% SpeedRunning

Shield Wall
(Vengeance)

Performance Shifter
(Stamina)

Power Transfer
(Stamina)
  1.35% Max End

Proc Chances:

Spoiler

Thunder Kick: Overwhelming Force (flat 20% chance), Pounding Slugfest (2.5 PPM)

• 2.5 * ((3 / ( 1 + 5.11875 / 100 )) + 0.83) / 60 = 15.35% @ Level 10
  • 2.5 * ((3 / ( 1 + 18.55 / 100 )) + 0.83) / 60 = 14.00% @ Level 50

Storm Kick: Might of the Tanker (4.0 PPM)

• 4.0 * ((6 / ( 1 + 29.25 / 100 )) + 0.83) / 60 = 36.48% @ Level 10
  • 4.0 * ((6 / ( 1 + 95.90 / 100 )) + 0.83) / 60 = 25.95% @ Level 50

Dragon's Tail (max 10): Gauntleted Fist (2.0 PPM)

• 2.0 * ((14 / ( 1 + 58.80 / 100 )) + 1.50) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 8 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 18.10% @ Level 15
  • 2.0 * ((14 / ( 1 + 99.48 / 100 )) + 1.50) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 8 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 14.94% @ Level 50

Stamina: Performance Shifter (1.5 PPM), Power Transfer (3.0 PPM)

Attack Chain Info:

Spoiler
  • T1 Thunder Kick = 0.83s/1.056s Cast/Arcanatime + 1.52s Recharge @ Level 27 for 2.73 endurance cost @ Level 27
  • T2 Storm Kick = 0.83s/1.056s Cast/Arcanatime + 2.25s Recharge @ Level 27 for 5.04 endurance cost
  • T4 Warrior's Provocation = 1.67s/1.848s Cast/Arcanatime + 5.48s Recharge for 0 endurance cost
  • T6 Dragon's Tail = 1.5s/1.716s Cast/Arcanatime + 5.04s Recharge @ Level 27 for 9.72 endurance cost
  • T7 Focus Chi = 1.17s/1.32s Cast/Arcanatime + 38.22s Recharge for 4.84 endurance cost
  • T8 Crippling Axe Kick = 1.6s/1.848s Cast/Arcanatime + 5.4s Recharge for 7.11 endurance cost
  • T9 Eagle's Claw = 2.53s/2.772s Cast/Arcanatime + 5.89s Recharge for 9.22 endurance cost

Single Target without Eagle's Claw
Storm Kick > Thunder Kick > Crippling Axe Kick > Storm Kick > Thunder Kick > Warrior's Provocation ... repeat
(T2 > T1 > T8 > T2 > T1 > T4)

• Arcanatime = 1.056+1.056+1.848+1.056+1.056+1.848 = 7.92s
  • Damage Output = 123.6+79.73+197.8+123.6+79.73+(71.75*0.2533) (max 5) = 622.63 (single target) to 695.33 (max 5) over 7.92s = 78.61 (single target) to 87.79 (max 5) averaged damage per second
  • Endurance Cost = 5.04+2.73+7.11+5.04+2.73+0 = 22.65 endurance / 7.92s = 2.8598 endurance per second

Approximately 21,350 seconds (5.9 hours!) of continuous combat can be sustained from max 113.2% endurance before toggles are in danger of dropping when using this rotation continuously.  Use of Victory Rush will of course alter these conditions situationally.

PBAoE without Eagle's Claw
Storm Kick > Thunder Kick > Crippling Axe Kick > Storm Kick > Thunder Kick > Dragon's Tail ... repeat
(T2 > T1 > T8 > T2 > T1 > T6)

• Arcanatime = 1.056+1.056+1.848+1.056+1.056+1.716 = 7.788s
  • Damage Output = 123.6+79.73+197.8+123.6+79.73+110.5 (max 10) = 714.96 (single target) to 1709.46 (10 targets) over 7.788s = 91.80 to 219.50 damage per second
  • Endurance Cost = 5.04+2.73+7.11+5.04+2.73+9.72 = 32.37 endurance / 7.788s = 4.1564 endurance per second cost

Approximately 80-86 seconds of continuous combat can be sustained from max 113.2% endurance before toggles are in danger of dropping when using this rotation continuously.  Use of Victory Rush will of course alter these conditions situationally.

Single Target with Eagle's Claw (Eagle's Claw damage buff duration shown in italics)
Storm Kick > Thunder Kick > Eagle's Claw > Storm Kick > Thunder Kick > Crippling Axe Kick  ... repeat
(T2 > T1 > T9 > T2 > T1 > T8)

• Arcanatime = 1.056+1.056+2.772+1.056+1.056+1.848 = 8.844s
  • Damage Output = 123.6+79.73+212.7+142.9+92.06+228.9 = 879.89 over 8.844s = 99.49 damage per second
  • Endurance Cost = 5.04+2.73+7.65+5.04+2.73+7.11 = 30.3 endurance / 8.844s = 3.426 endurance per second cost

Approximately 190-198 seconds of continuous combat can be sustained from max 113.2% endurance before toggles are in danger of dropping when using this rotation continuously.  Use of Victory Rush will of course alter these conditions situationally.

PBAoE with Eagle's Claw (Eagle's Claw damage buff duration shown in italics)
Storm Kick > Thunder Kick > Eagle's Claw > Storm Kick > Thunder Kick > Dragon's Tail  ... repeat
(T2 > T1 > T9 > T2 > T1 > T6)

• Arcanatime = 1.056+1.056+2.772+1.056+1.056+1.716 = 8.712s
  • Damage Output = 123.6+79.73+212.7+142.9+92.06+127.8 (max 10) = 778.79 damage (single target) to 1928.99 (10 targets) over 8.712s = 89.39 to 221.42 damage per second
  • Endurance Cost = 5.04+2.73+7.65+5.04+2.73+9.72 = 32.91 endurance / 8.712s = 3.778 endurance per second cost

Approximately 115-122 seconds of continuous combat can be sustained from max 113.2% endurance before toggles are in danger of dropping when using this rotation continuously.  Use of Victory Rush will of course alter these conditions situationally.

|MxDz;1512;733;1466;HEX;|
|78DA6D94594F13511886CFB403D852E80665295BD917A9544DDC510464AD69C4786|
|79A010E71E2A42533AD814B13D71B13F73FE07AE3BD7F04D718BD73635112132F4C|
|FD3ADF2B4EC449CA33F39EF39E6F39E7905C1AF13D1BBB785428BE6143B3ACF4692|
|D735E9A6527B55CDED40C517CCAE8D7C87A7A442EC88C25E333F945FA3A25170CB9|
|24AD3A8C26A521653CA999395D33D24366CE12BE54366BC467B2E69C3497FDF6C7B|
|4D4E6A5699DD31783F6F744E6826EE9B3BAA1E7962B6C2529E7F5393D236B4617F5|
|B9F871339F93E9996CDE4827352B47EBD452463DF4DB17A13F4A31C7428908D04B4|
|215A120B336C4AC0F331BAAC06AE6B188C043DEB76E5BDBF10E7CCFF47E00278A2D|
|50856F8A58A98A21F22A88ABACF01CD70BF025537D05BE6696BE61EE27AF1B5E377|
|28E21E718726E47CEEDC8B90B39DFEE10A284731625515ACFA38A8311DEA1A256D6|
|474878C430691E681ECB2544952A0E93568EB8E588DB84B84D88DB84B82D881B43D|
|C43E4AD60AFA8F825ECB80748F3B3A6F831BF07F38FD0581063C17F6A18A3B130FA|
|1EBEA4DA5AD565F00A337215BCC6ACBDCE0C52A1D5A8A17A8DFBD9B30E6E307BBF8|
|1DFC14D62581561F2D6C05BF3C0658FF53F64EE7A043E069F30134FB9778394731D|
|EAAFEBE71E8F9216458FA3E8FB4DDA9F46D4D6F891E3EFFC047E06BF30FBBF82AB9|
|CDF3DF236730C57733151EA71CB6EDEE3969F3CE704C56CC5FAADE37C26DB7036DB|
|26419CD1F679CE299172D91C276F07BC1DF076C2DB096F27BC5D7FBC93EC0D51EFB|
|A517F778CC76ED0627DA8BF6F5DB5B5BBA4C5A1C59F634FC93B006D608AEB6950B7|
|EE9E10F582F74FDDBACB855EE778811E31E054B003896DB3F66C53F6FEC737EDD43|
|C2EBBE2948AE0A42951CEC813A09BCA5A61D5BB75E3858275D6FF6A6E25C695950E|
|F2CE0526157BC7EACF287667D79CFE6EF66F781DFF456EF189F3DD6156DEE79357B|
|9C15D0C6C32433F545B4F798B778B733BEB78D71CEFB38EF7DFC4F9DA82|

spacer.png

Level 50 Natural Tanker

spacer.png

With Rune of Protection on and off:

spacer.png  spacer.png

Hero Profile:

Spoiler

(19) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 50
 (25) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (27) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50
 (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50

(A) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (9) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (9) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (11) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown: Level 50
 (11) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Endurance: Level 30
 (13) Pounding Slugfest - Disorient Bonus: Level 15

(A) Superior Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (3) Superior Might of the Tanker - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (3) Superior Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (5) Superior Might of the Tanker - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (5) Superior Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (7) Superior Might of the Tanker - Recharge/Chance for +Res(All): Level 50

(34) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 50
 (34) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50
 (40) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50

Level 10:    Warrior's Provocation    

(31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 50
 (31) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50

(42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50

(40) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50

(A) Superior Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (21) Superior Gauntleted Fist - Damage/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (21) Superior Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (23) Superior Gauntleted Fist - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (23) Superior Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (25) Superior Gauntleted Fist - RechargeTime/+Absorb: Level 50

Level 22:    Maneuvers    
 (A) Reactive Defenses - Defense: Level 50
 (42) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance: Level 50
 (42) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (43) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (43) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (43) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage: Level 20

Level 24:    Tactics    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff: Level 50
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge: Level 50
 (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 50
 (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance: Level 50
 (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance: Level 50
 (50) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 21

Level 30:    Spirit Ward    
 (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal: Level 50
 (45) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance: Level 50
 (45) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (45) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (46) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance: Level 50
 (46) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 20

Level 32:    Rune of Protection    
 (33) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All): Level 10
 (33) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP: Level 20

(36) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Endurance: Level 30
 (36) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Recharge: Level 30
 (37) Crushing Impact - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5

(39) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Endurance: Level 30
 (39) Pounding Slugfest - Damage/Recharge: Level 30
 (40) Crushing Impact - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5

Level 41:    Assault    

Level 44:    Victory Rush    
 (A) Synapse's Shock - EndMod/Increased Run Speed: Level 50+5

Level 47:    Enflame    
 (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize: Level 50

Level 49:    Vengeance    

Spoiler

(A) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 50
 (13) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
 (15) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 21
 (15) Power Transfer - EndMod: Level 50
 (17) Power Transfer - Damage/EndMod: Level 50
 (19) Power Transfer - Chance to Heal Self: Level 21

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

Set Bonus Totals:

Spoiler

13.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
13.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
13.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
13.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
13.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
13.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
13.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
13.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
9.75% Defense(Smashing)
9.75% Defense(Lethal)
7.25% Defense(Fire)
7.25% Defense(Cold)
9.75% Defense(Energy)
9.75% Defense(Negative)
6% Defense(Psionic)
13.5% Defense(Melee)
9.75% Defense(Ranged)
8.5% Defense(AoE)

4.95% Max End
65% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

15% SpeedFlying
428.7 HP (22.88%) HitPoints
15% JumpHeight
15% SpeedJumping
MezResist(Confused) 107.5%
MezResist(Held) 107.5%
MezResist(Immobilized) 107.5%
MezResist(Sleep) 107.5%
MezResist(Stunned) 107.5%
MezResist(Terrorized) 107.5%
108% (8.43 HP/sec) Regeneration
35% Resistance(Smashing)
35% Resistance(Lethal)
20% Resistance(Fire)
20% Resistance(Cold)
14% Resistance(Energy)
14% Resistance(Negative)
27.5% Resistance(Toxic)
27.5% Resistance(Psionic)
30% SpeedRunning

Set Bonuses:

Spoiler

Luck of the Gambler
(Focused Fighting)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)

Overwhelming Force
(Thunder Kick)
  12% (0.94 HP/sec) Regeneration
  3% DamageBuff(All)
  28.11 HP (1.5%) HitPoints

Pounding Slugfest
(Thunder Kick)

Superior Might of the Tanker
(Storm Kick)
  4% DamageBuff(All)
  56.22 HP (3%) HitPoints
  10% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  6% Resistance(Toxic,Psionic), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%
  6% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%

Luck of the Gambler
(Focused Senses)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)

Winter's Gift
(Mystic Flight)

Luck of the Gambler
(Evasion)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)

Luck of the Gambler
(Agile)

Luck of the Gambler
(Lucky)

Superior Gauntleted Fist
(Dragon's Tail)
  3.6% Max End
  6% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%
  16% (1.25 HP/sec) Regeneration
  5% Defense(Melee), 2.5% Defense(Lethal), 2.5% Defense(Smashing)
  6% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%6% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%

Reactive Defenses
(Maneuvers)
  3% Resistance(All)

(Tactics)
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)

Preventive Medicine
(Spirit Ward)

Steadfast Protection
(Rune of Protection)

Gladiator's Armor
(Rune of Protection)

Unbreakable Guard
(Rune of Protection)

Pounding Slugfest
(Crippling Axe Kick)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Pounding Slugfest
(Eagles Claw)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Synapse's Shock
(Victory Rush)
  15% SpeedRunning

Shield Wall
(Vengeance)

Performance Shifter
(Stamina)

Power Transfer
(Stamina)
  1.35% Max End

Proc Chances:

Spoiler

Thunder Kick: Overwhelming Force (flat 20% chance), Pounding Slugfest (2.5 PPM)

• 2.5 * ((3 / ( 1 + 5.11875 / 100 )) + 0.83) / 60 = 15.35% @ Level 10
  • 2.5 * ((3 / ( 1 + 18.55 / 100 )) + 0.83) / 60 = 14.00% @ Level 50

Storm Kick: Superior Might of the Tanker (5.0 PPM)

• 5.0 * ((6 / ( 1 + 99.88 / 100 )) + 0.83) / 60 = 31.93%

Dragon's Tail (max 10): Superior Gauntleted Fist (3.0 PPM)

• 3.0 * ((14 / ( 1 + 104.35 / 100 )) + 1.50) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 8 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 21.98%

Stamina: Power Shifter (1.5 PPM), Power Transfer (3.0 PPM)

Edited by Redlynne
v3.1.0 updates

IifneyR.gif

O.o

$%^& me.

You haven't even posted the builds and my brain went "why the *&^% didn't you think of that?!?!?!"

Edit: I'm not sure about dumping fighting pool. That's a lot of S/L resist you're leaving behind. But I will be watching.

Edit 2: And lose afterburner on my scrapper? Hrrm....

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Haha 1

I love the pinnacle build guides but let’s say I’m a total newb ass...I am... how do I level this beast?  Like what powers and cheap enhancements do I take on the way to godhood?

thanks in advance

im editing this because I’m newly returned and my first guy ever in COH was a MA/SR scrapper that I now am motivated to recreate as a tank.

Edited by GatorHead
  • Like 1

And this is why I do the whole Reserved Reserved Reserved deal while posting these.  That's two replies before I've even posted the first of 2 slottings of the build.  Guess there's a little demand for this kind of thing ...  :classic_rolleyes:

IifneyR.gif

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

O.o

$%^& me.

You haven't even posted the builds and my brain went "why the *&^% didn't you think of that?!?!?!"

Edit: I'm not sure about dumping fighting pool. That's a lot of S/L resist you're leaving behind. But I will be watching.

Edit 2: And lose afterburner on my scrapper? Hrrm....

I'm sincerely doubtful that this build will translate all that well to a Scrapper.  There's just a few too many factors fitting together a little bit too neatly on a Tanker to be able to pull off the same stunt on a Scrapper, starting with the lower Defense buffing from toggles/passives in Super Reflexes as well as the fact that Storm Kick gives +10% Defense for 10s (when it hits...) on Tankers and Brutes.  That's a very large factor in how I was able to fit everything together "just so" in this build the way you'll see it in your build planner (you'll need the MRBU patch to parse the .mxd file correctly, of course).

57 minutes ago, GatorHead said:

I love the pinnacle build guides but let’s say I’m a total newb ass...I am... how do I level this beast?  Like what powers and cheap enhancements do I take on the way to godhood?

thanks in advance

im editing this because I’m newly returned and my first guy ever in COH was a MA/SR scrapper that I now am motivated to recreate as a tank.

Build(s) posted (finally).  Have at it.

And yes, I've basically been working on getting all of this decided and posted over the last 11 hours (or so) with only the occasional break (for lunch).  So if the posting looks "exquisitely hand crafted" ... well ... that's because it is (and because I'm going to be referring to it myself when leveling my SR/MA Tanker ... The Extraordinary Death Defying Redlynne ... who is still grinding through content in Imperial City before moving on to Neutropolis).

Redlynne was originally a MA/SR Scrapper (rolled up in Issue 2) on Virtue who then went on to do Stupid Scrapper Tricks™ such as holding the aggro of FIVE RIKTI MAGUS (as a Scrapper no less!) for over a minute on Mothership Raids while waiting for the cavalry to arrive and deliver the necessary beatdownage.  The first time I did it, people were surprised to see that I was alive (and kicking!) under the dogpile.  The second time I did it, there was astonishment ... and then I did it AGAIN on the same Mothership Raid (twice in one raid!).

After that, I got a bit of a reputation for pulling that kind of stunt.  😎

And that was when I was playing a Scrapper.

Now I'm a Tanker.

7 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Solid as always.

Thanks.  💫

8 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

I have a minor suggestion for consideration for the build.

Mystic Flight's end cost is no problem out of combat.  You could slot the Winter's Gift slow resist IO here and go from 40% to 60% slow resist.

Definitely an option!  However, I'm more concerned with possibly needing to use Mystic Flight during combat since there have been numerous times when I've needed to use Hover to stay above multiple Caltrops patches thrown by Knives of Artemis and the like while still within Boot to the Head range of my $Target(s).  So that's a matter of priorities.  Likewise, if you need more Knockback protection for Pylon challenge runs, you can also swap in a Knockback Protection IO.  It's one of the points of easy fungibility (unlike a lot of the rest of the slotting).

IifneyR.gif

1 hour ago, GatorHead said:

how do I level this beast?  Like what powers and cheap enhancements do I take on the way to godhood?

Well, just follow the slotting levels (I was very careful in laying those out, it's not an auto arrange).

The first build IS the leveling build.

For cheap enhancements ... that really depends on you and what you can "afford" with your budget (and when).  This time at least I "saved" the slotting of the HOs until Levels 48-50.

Ideally speaking you wouldn't want to try and level this as your first build (when you've got no INF to speak of while leveling), but after you've got a Farmer 50 who can funnel INF to an alt it should be fine.

So on those terms, just follow the power picks and slotting progression as presented to know what to acquire/get when.  If you can't afford the upgrade(s) right now, make do with common IOs until you can.  Just remember that not everything needs to be bought attuned (a lot of the procs don't need attunement).

IifneyR.gif

Edit upfront: I went in the game and tested, Hami-Os work like regular IOs, they scale with exemplaring. Since that is the case, I will highlight and strike-out the irrelevant parts of my post. Feel free to ignore the frankenslotting in my build.

I like your use of the Disorient proc with the Disorient from the set. I think I asked this before, but I don't recall the answer, do Hami-Os exemplar? I know you say you're big on being able to run any content from level 1-50, and I am under the assumption that Hami-Os would stop working when you are exemplared outside of 3 levels of the Hami-Os. 

Hami-Os?    If they do stop working when exemplared, I might recommend some reslot ideas, for instance I would probably frankenslot with enhancement boosters instead of using the Hami-os. It would be intended for exemplar purposes (so you hit level 50 already and are playing lower level), but I'd go with Crushing Impact to balance your DMG/ACC/END (your endurance reduction could use love) and go with Purple Sets on the Stun/Immobilize. I'll provide a build to show you what I'm talking about. You'll see Cobra Strike will have a 75% chance at a 16.9s Mag 3 Stun (paired with a stun proc that does 8s of Mag 2). Eagle's Claw will do a 7.9s Mag 3 stun (paired with a stun proc for 8s of Mag 2). Crippling Axe Kick will do 19.8s of Mag 2 Immobilize (50% chance at Mag 3). So the control you're wanting is still there and you'll still be near 90% damage enhanced, while having ~48-60% end reduction). (I left the last part as consideration for endurance reduction, but ultimately boosted frankenslotting is not necessary unless you feel your endurance becomes an issue).

Resistance    Having Rune of Protection not slotted for resistance feels like a big missed opportunity for God Mode. I don't know how important that 7.5% recharge is from the Power Transfer set, but I would probably recommend taking some slots from that (maybe 2-3 slot P.S. with the P.T. proc) and move it to RoP. Slotting it with a 4-piece Unbreakable Guard will give you an extra 11.5% resistance to E/N (your weakest amongst the resistance types) and an extra 9.25% to the rest of your resistances. The slotting also brings the recharge to 258 seconds, down from 324 seconds. Since you don't have a self heal, you might want the ability to absorb the damage from your enemies' attacks with a higher up-time. Also, I would replace the +perception in Vengeance for the +5% resistance from Shield Wall. You already have over 1000 ft perception between Focused Senses and Tactics, having an extra 100 ft of perception seems unnecessary when you could have 5% resistance to everything.

Other Thoughts    I can see why you have Victory Rush in your build, and I can see why you would take vengeance. Both are 1 slot wonders. Overall, though, I would probably try to sub those out for Boxing and Tough. The extra S/L resistance would make you so much tougher to handle (pun not intended, but now that I noticed it is...it is intended). Or you could go with Hasten and Super Speed. It'll get your RoP up that much sooner, and you could put the Winter proc into SS for 60% resistance to slow/recharge.

Swift/Quickness    You don't need to use Hami-Os for Swift and Quickness. Those two powers only boost your Run and Fly speed, but there is no purpose for boosting Fly Speed as Mystic Flight is capped right out of the box. Better to use a +5 Run Speed IO since it is the only thing of use you're actually going to be enhancing. Having +53% is better than +36.63%. This will increase your run speed by 1.8 mph.

8 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Definitely an option!  However, I'm more concerned with possibly needing to use Mystic Flight during combat

If this truly is a concern, I recommend getting a jet pack. You will still be at capped 58.63 mph with your unenhanced Swift and Quickness, plus the Jet Pack only costs 0.19 end/sec to use, whereas your Mystic Flight costs 0.29 end/sec. So you can save 0.10 endurance consumption per second (equivalent to +6.25% recovery) while also gaining 20% slow/recharge resistance. Just a thought.

Build Suggestions:    Here are some tweaks I recommend. I will not touch power choices, as that is entirely the personality of your build, so I only tweaked some slotting to try to improve on overall performance. The summary of changes include:

Passives Good: +3.1% Melee Defense, +5% Resistance All, +2.25% E/N Resistance, +2.5% EndRedux, +1.8 mph run speed, +20% slow/recharge resist, +0.134end/sec EndRecovery (after performance shifter proc)

Passives Bad: -1.88% HP, -1.35% Max End, -100 ft perception, -9% accuracy, -7.5% recharge redux

Active Good: +8.25% Resistance All when RoP is up, RoP uptime increased from 28.8% to 34.9%.  Endurance Reduction in CS, CAK, and EC go from only 21.75% to 48.25-63.16% (probably won't need Victory Rush anymore).

Active Bad: Accuracy, Damage and Mez in CS, CAK and EC all slightly reduced. However enough Accuracy to still have over 110% chance to hit against +4s, so no impact. Damage dropoff is minor, going from 95.28% to 89.23-93.86%. 

Other benefits, can exemplar without losing effectiveness of Hami-Os. 

Edited by Bopper
Hami-Os can exemplar, better knowing late than never
  • Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

5 hours ago, Force Redux said:

I'm reviewing this for my Shield/MA tanker....😀. Thanks!

And thus the cross-pollinating begins!

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

Resistance    Having Rune of Protection not slotted for resistance feels like a big missed opportunity for God Mode. I don't know how important that 7.5% recharge is from the Power Transfer set, but I would probably recommend taking some slots from that (maybe 2-3 slot P.S. with the P.T. proc) and move it to RoP. Slotting it with a 4-piece Unbreakable Guard will give you an extra 11.5% resistance to E/N (your weakest amongst the resistance types) and an extra 9.25% to the rest of your resistances. The slotting also brings the recharge to 258 seconds, down from 324 seconds.

Cannibalizing slots from Stamina is possible, particularly if you're willing to sacrifice set bonuses from Power Transfer, but I personally wouldn't be willing to go lower than 4 slots in Stamina.

Power Transfer - EndMod (attuned)
Power Transfer - Chance to Heal Self: Level 21

Performance Shifter - EndMod (attuned)
Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 21

That is the absolute lowest slotting I'd be willing to go to for this build so as to not sacrifice endurance recovery.  The set bonus exchange would also not be pretty ...

• 6% (0.47 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 1.35% Max End
  • 35.14 HP (1.88%) HitPoints
  • 9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 7.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

... versus ...

• 6% (0.47 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 7.5% SpeedJumping, 7.5% JumpHeight, 7.5% SpeedFlying, 7.5% SpeedRunning

... meaning a net loss of -1.35% Max Endurance, -1.88% Max HP, -9% Accuracy and -7.5% Recharge ... all of which are useful to the build in one way or another (although the value of the Accuracy and Recharge bonuses is debatable/marginal).

You then compound that with the fact that yes, while Rune of Protection is up you get a little more Resistance vs All (9.25-11.5%) ... but that's only while Rune of Protection is up.  With a ~34% uptime, that equates to an increase of only +3.145-3.91% averaged over time, and the access to that increase in Resistance is only available at Exemplar Levels 39+ ... which is hardly a "majority" of the content you might be exemplaring to play.  Join a Manticore Task Force and below and all that extra Resistance potential sitting in Rune of Protection is "lost" to Exemplar Level limitations, meaning that the "uptime" on Rune of Protection becomes significantly less than 34%.  Meanwhile, you've lost all of those set bonuses that had previously been parked in Power Transfer slotted into Stamina that could have been active all the way down to Level 16 (Positron Part Two).

At most, I'd agree that swapping 2 slots from Power Transfer (Damage/Recharge and Damage/Accuracy/Recharge/Endurance) to Performance Shifter (EndMod and proc) for better endurance gain would be worth losing the Accuracy and Recharge global set bonuses for ... but doing that doesn't free up any slots to use on Rune of Protection.  However, since I'm primarily using Rune of Protection as an "always on" global bonus mule rather than as a "god mode" power that needs to be used as often as possible, the value I'm placing in actually clicking Rune of Protection is actually relatively low.  This pushes Rune of Protection into the "good to have but only nice to click" category of usage priorities.  That's because even if the power is deactivated due to Exemplar Levels, the enhancements slotted into it continue to function (+Defense, +Max HP) even while the power itself is inaccessible because those enhancements do not require Rune of Protection to be actively clicked in order to yield benefits ... while the +Resistance value of the power DOES require the power to be clicked in order to derive that benefit.

So in that regard, I'm building for the "broader range" of Exemplar Level possibilities than reaching for the maximum performance at Level 50 (or in this case, 39+).  It's a compromise, but it's one that I'm willing to make.

4 hours ago, Bopper said:

RoP uptime increased from 28.8% to 34.9%

This is one of those times where I consider the tradeoffs necessary to make this adjustment simply not worth the opportunity costs.

Also, I would replace the +perception in Vengeance for the +5% resistance from Shield Wall. You already have over 1000 ft perception between Focused Senses and Tactics, having an extra 100 ft of perception seems unnecessary when you could have 5% resistance to everything.

This is a good recommendation and makes plenty of sense.  I'll have to implement this one.  Look forward to the build posts being tweaked/updated.

And THIS is why I post these things, because sometimes people spot things that I've overlooked and make things that much better with their observations/perceptions.

Other Thoughts    I can see why you have Victory Rush in your build, and I can see why you would take vengeance. Both are 1 slot wonders. Overall, though, I would probably try to sub those out for Boxing and Tough. The extra S/L resistance would make you so much tougher to handle (pun not intended, but now that I noticed it is...it is intended). Or you could go with Hasten and Super Speed. It'll get your RoP up that much sooner, and you could put the Winter proc into SS for 60% resistance to slow/recharge.

I don't want the Fighting pool.  Adding Tough will just make the net endurance recovery situation even more untenable.  I'm already pushing endurance recovery capacity as it is.  I also object to spending a power pick I'm not going to be using (Boxing or Kick) in order to reach for Tough.

As for the Winter Slow Resistance IO, that can be put in Mystic Flight.

Swift/Quickness    You don't need to use Hami-Os for Swift and Quickness. Those two powers only boost your Run and Fly speed, but there is no purpose for boosting Fly Speed as Mystic Flight is capped right out of the box. Better to use a +5 Run Speed IO since it is the only thing of use you're actually going to be enhancing. Having +53% is better than +36.63%. This will increase your run speed by 1.8 mph.

I'm just so accustomed to putting End/Fly/Jump/Run HOs into Swift (and Quickness) that it's basically reflex now.  It was important to do that when I had Hover in the build, since Hover did benefit (ever so slightly) from that HO slotting.  But like you say, Mystic Flight hits the speed cap pretty hard (absent Afterburner) so the extra buffing to Flight speed is essentially wasted.  Swapping over to 50+5 common Run IOs makes sense in this context, even if the speed increase gained is so marginal as to feel like a rounding error.  Still, it means over 70 mph Run speed with Ninja Run plus Surge or Slide (instead of Sprint), which is "good enough" in this context.  So that's another worthwhile change.

If this truly is a concern, I recommend getting a jet pack. You will still be at capped 58.63 mph with your unenhanced Swift and Quickness, plus the Jet Pack only costs 0.19 end/sec to use, whereas your Mystic Flight costs 0.29 end/sec. So you can save 0.10 endurance consumption per second (equivalent to +6.25% recovery) while also gaining 20% slow/recharge resistance. Just a thought.

Well once you put it THAT way ... a difference of 1 endurance per 10 seconds doesn't sound like THAT much of an expense for the Winter Slow Resistance option.

4 hours ago, Bopper said:

Active Bad: Accuracy, Damage and Mez in CS, CAK and EC all slightly reduced. However enough Accuracy to still have over 110% chance to hit against +4s, so no impact. Damage dropoff is minor, going from 95.28% to 89.23-93.86%.

I'm going to have to look at your changes in the build planner to make a judgement, which will require logging out of the forums here and dual booting over to access the info (which is annoying).  However, one thing that I do very much want to emphasize is that I put a lot of value into the mez durations of Cobra Strike, Crippling Axe Kick and Eagle's Claw simply because I know from experience how useful it is to be able to perma double stack those effects on Bosses really is in terms of being able to neutralize them until they're defeated.  That factor is one of the cornerstones of the active mitigation measures the build needs in order to stay safe(r) while engaging.  Also, you want to have "margin" on how long those durations last because of the length of time it will take to repeat the attack chain(s) those powers get used in.  In other words, they aren't going to necessarily get used again instantly upon recharge, so having a duration that is more than double the recharge time allows for that margin of error/inefficiency forced by the "shaping" of the attack chain(s) the powers get used in.  In other words, usage context matters a very great deal here ... and in practice it can be a difference as meaningful as perma-Domination YES versus perma-Domination NO as far as lockdown potential is concerned.

IifneyR.gif

2 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Swapping over to 50+5 common Run IOs makes sense in this context, even if the speed increase gained is so marginal as to feel like a rounding error.  Still, it means over 70 mph Run speed with Ninja Run plus Surge or Slide (instead of Sprint), which is "good enough" in this context.  So that's another worthwhile change.

Not to mention the price difference.  +5 Run IOs are going to be a tiny fraction of the cost of the HOs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caulderone said:

Not to mention the price difference.  +5 Run IOs are going to be a tiny fraction of the cost of the HOs.

Well, I was more concerned with functionality than with pricing.  But that certainly is a factor (at some point along the way, albeit not one in perpetuity).

6 hours ago, Bopper said:

Active Bad: Accuracy, Damage and Mez in CS, CAK and EC all slightly reduced.

So now that I've spent a few hours mulling over options in the build planner and reviewing everything in its proper context ... I've come to the conclusion that shortchanging mez durations in exchange for better endurance reduction may be an option that some people will want to take, but it's not for me.  The context for this decision comes in the form of attack chains that are ~8-9 seconds or so long where in order to ensure double stacking of durations you need ~19s on Cobra Strike and Crippling Axe Kick in order to double stack them permanently within the limits of the attack rotations.

6 hours ago, Bopper said:

You'll see Cobra Strike will have a 75% chance at a 16.9s Mag 3 Stun (paired with a stun proc that does 8s of Mag 2). Eagle's Claw will do a 7.9s Mag 3 stun (paired with a stun proc for 8s of Mag 2). Crippling Axe Kick will do 19.8s of Mag 2 Immobilize (50% chance at Mag 3).

So, to be specific ... the slotting you provided "worked" for Crippling Axe Kick within the broader/larger context of the build overall and how the attack chains are "formed" (or "shaped" if you prefer) since the reduction from a 20.6s down to a 19.8s duration is an "acceptable" loss of duration.  However, the reduction from 20.6s down to 16.9s for Cobra Strike was simply unacceptable in terms of double stacking perma coverage, so the only way to manage that one would be to put the Purple 50 Stun IO in Cobra Strike rather than into Eagle's Claw.

Keeping Eagle's Claw at an 8s duration (or higher) is the other "imperative" that I (personally) have for the 100% chance to mag 3 Stun duration on Eagle's Claw, which then combines with a 51% chance for a mag 2 Stun duration from the Pounding Slugfest proc (and then "Bob's your uncle" so to speak) so as to not shortchange on the Stun factor.  The idea here is to be as thorough as possible in stacking the Stuns both as deeply (mag) as well as long (duration) as necessary/possible.

So in that context, depending on pricing, I can envision scenarios in which your alternate slotting of a Purple 50+5 set IO (Stun or Immobilize) in Cobra Strike and Crippling Axe Kick along with a 50+5 Crushing Impact Accuracy/Damage/Endurance set IO makes good sense ... but for Eagle's Claw the superior choice is to just keep the HOs in place for the over 8s Stun duration.

IifneyR.gif

If the mez is needed to be a few seconds longer, I'll concede that point. I didn't see a need for it to be extra long, but I don't know how you like to use the stuns. Sounds like tweaking two of the three will leave you in "close enough" territory while you gain significant endurance reduction for your attack chains.

As for my slotting of stamina, i believe reducing it to 3 slots (1 PT end mod, 1 PT heal proc, 1 PS end proc) actually netted you more recovery because of the PS end proc. I'll admit, it was late and I was tired when looking at it last night and I'm still groggy now as I wake up, so forgive me as I am working my numbers purely off memory. But I believe my build will show a loss of 0.15 end/sec because of the reduced slotting, however my build (with accolades) has 113.6 endurance. A PS end proc on average will fire once every 40 seconds, which equates to 11.36 end/40s = .284 end/sec. So my slotting actually nets you +0.134 end/sec.

This does not include the 2.5% endurance reduction gained from UG in RoP.

So the reason for wanting to keep 6 slot PT would seem to be strictly for the 7.5% recharge (your chains don't need it, and RoP is the only long recharge you have), or for the 9% accuracy (which you don't need against +4s, as you still have 111+% chance to hit, iirc), or for the 1.35% max endurance (might not be important with the increased recovery from PS end proc already providing significantly more recovery and UG providing an endurance reduction of 2.5%), or for the 1.88% HP (which would be less needed if RoP was up more often).

4 hours ago, Redlynne said:

With a ~34% uptime, that equates to an increase of only +3.145-3.91% averaged over time, and the access to that increase in Resistance is only available at Exemplar Levels 39+ ... which is hardly a "majority" of the content you might be exemplaring to play

You could elect to take RoP sooner. Its so powerful, if I have it in my builds I try to design to have it available asap. As for the 28.8% uptime versus 34.4% uptime, I haven't looked at the average effects but assuming you're right, 3.5% average resists to all is significant. But even if you're not concerned with average but just the uptime, I think having RoP on for up to 20% more of your game play is good. And having that uptime coincide with 8.5% more resistance is very good, especially when we know the closer you get to cap the survivability grows exponentially.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

2 minutes ago, Bopper said:

If the mez is needed to be a few seconds longer, I'll concede that point. I didn't see a need for it to be extra long, but I don't know how you like to use the stuns. Sounds like tweaking two of the three will leave you in "close enough" territory while you gain significant endurance reduction for your attack chains.

I'm in the midst of posting the update to the builds right now, actually ... and yes, 2 out of 3 was the path taken in this case because it represented the best overall compromise between competing values on returns.  In this case, the exchange (in Cobra Strike and Crippling Axe Kick) amounted to a small loss of damage production and mez duration for a rather dramatic increase in endurance longevity for all attack chain options (up to exceeding the downtime on Victory Rush for the PBAoE without Eagle's Claw rotation, which is just nuts).  That then makes "true steamroller" performance possible in which you can stretch Victory Rush between boss defeats so as to refuel endurance while continuing to fight continuously.  Ought to make a rather nice difference on Mothership Raids.  😎

7 minutes ago, Bopper said:

As for my slotting of stamina, i believe reducing it to 3 slots (1 PT end mod, 1 PT heal proc, 1 PS end proc) actually netted you more recovery because of the PS end proc.

I actually went in a different direction once I got back into the build planner for a second look.  I didn't want to lose the +Max HP bonus since that would also propagate down into Regeneration throughput, but that was the 4-slot bonus of Power Transfer and I didn't want to lose it.

But then I took a second look at Power Shifter and noticed that the 3-slot bonus there was the exact same as the 4-slot bonus in Power Transfer!  And on top of that, 4 out of the 6 slots in Power Transfer have no Endurance Modification in them (the proc doesn't)!

So then ... (now) obviously ... the thing to do was to blend 3 slots of Power Shifter with 3 slots of Power Transfer like this ...

•  (A) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 27
  •  (15) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy: Level 27
  •  (17) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 21
  •  (19) Power Transfer - EndMod: Level 27
  •  (19) Power Transfer - Damage/EndMod: Level 27
  •  (21) Power Transfer - Chance to Heal Self: Level 21

Performance Shifter
(Stamina)

•   7.5% SpeedJumping, 7.5% JumpHeight, 7.5% SpeedFlying, 7.5% SpeedRunning
  •   35.14 HP (1.88%) HitPoints

Power Transfer
(Stamina)

•   6% (0.47 HP/sec) Regeneration
  •   1.35% Max End

The increase in Endurance recovery was ... DRAMATIC ... to put it mildly.  Like on the order of an average of +0.48 per second(!) just from that one change alone.  🤯

And that was only the leveling build ...

The Superior Attuned 50 version saw an even larger gain (+0.07 additional gain while toggle costs dropped by -0.08 relative to the leveling build for another net +0.15/s increase).

And with THAT kind of a return on investment, I'm willing to say that the endurance issue(s) for this build are pretty substantially SOLVED.  😎

19 minutes ago, Bopper said:

This does not include the 2.5% endurance reduction gained from UG in RoP.

True, but when an attack rotation consumes 37.66 endurance every 9.24s while running toggles that cost 1.18/s for a total of 48.56 total, that 2.5% endurance reduction results in a 36.74 endurance cost with toggles that cost 1.15/s for a total of 47.37 total ... for a grand total savings of 1.19 endurance over those 9.24s, which amortizes out to 0.13/s net reduction (and I'm doing quick and dirty napkin math here that's probably off the mark by a little bit).

By contrast, I can net more than that (+0.2/s) simply by keeping all those slots in Stamina and doing the 3x3 slotting of Performance Shifter and Power Transfer you can see above (and the gain is even stronger with Attuned 50 enhancement levels.

Granted, the Rune of Protection slotting you advocated for would offer greater global Resistances than sticking to the Stamina solution, but that's the tradeoff ... greater endurance recovery or greater restistances.  Of the two, I'm thinking that the higher endurance recovery yields better value and return on investment than the alternative.

29 minutes ago, Bopper said:

So the reason for wanting to keep 6 slot PT would seem to be strictly for the 7.5% recharge (your chains don't need it, and RoP is the only long recharge you have), or for the 9% accuracy (which you don't need against +4s, as you still have 111+% chance to hit, iirc), or for the 1.35% max endurance (might not be important with the increased recovery from PS end proc already providing significantly more recovery and UG providing an endurance reduction of 2.5%), or for the 1.88% HP (which would be less needed if RoP was up more often).

Let's just say you managed to talk me out of trying to 6 slot Power Transfer into Stamina, shall we?  😉

30 minutes ago, Bopper said:

You could elect to take RoP sooner.

Only at the expense of moving Leadership toggles later in the build.  All things considered, I place a higher value on Leadership toggles early (since that benefits everyone I team and solo with) rather than on Sorcery clicks (which only benefit 1 PC at a time each).

32 minutes ago, Bopper said:

As for the 28.8% uptime versus 34.4% uptime, I haven't looked at the average effects but assuming you're right, 3.5% average resists to all is significant.

If my resistances were over 50% before stacking Rune of Protection on top, the mental calculus of value would change (not to mention over 75% resistances).  But on a Super Reflexes Tanker there just isn't that much resistance to build upon natively (even with Reactive Defenses stacking on native Super Reflexes resistances at low HP remaining).  To my eyes, that 3.5% gain might as well be a rounding error in the overall context of the build, especially when I've run out of options to reach for it.

Remember, I look at Rune of Protection primarily as a set mule rather than as a power to be put on autofire for maximum uptime.  It's nice to have available for helping to soak a nasty alpha strike from time to time, but beyond that the value I put on it as a click buff is actually pretty marginal in the overall context of this build.  Other Players are welcome to come to their own conclusions and modify the build accordingly to match their preferences, of course.

IifneyR.gif

59 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

If my resistances were over 50% before stacking Rune of Protection on top, the mental calculus of value would change (not to mention over 75% resistances).

Can you elaborate. I'm not sure what you're trying to say by this.

To my eyes, that 3.5% gain might as well be a rounding error in the overall context of the build, especially when I've run out of options to reach for it

That would be a very large rounding error. 

Remember, I look at Rune of Protection primarily as a set mule rather than as a power to be put on autofire for maximum uptime

I'm sure you'll get by fine having ~20% resistance from RoP as opposed to ~30% resistance. You have lots of defense, you have Tanker ATO in Storm Kick (probably good for 1-2 stacks depending on rotation). But for me personally, when I need RoP I want it to be ready and I want it to be strong. You can chase the little bits of set bonuses from 6-slotting stamina, but most of those bonuses you won't need. You'll be sitting on 100% health a lot of the time, and with the reduction in endurance you'll be doing, the little bit of extra max endurance won't be noticed, especially with Victory Rush to cover you 40% of the time. So when the shit hits the fan, and the enemy is buffed with their To-Hit or simply getting lucky on RNG, I would feel more comfortable having the extra 8.25% resistance on the ready with a 66s shorter cooldown. You won't have the 7.5% recharge anymore, so the potential up-time will now be 27.75%, compared to 34.91%. It doesn't seem like much, but it is 25.8% more up-time, and that's nice. I think it would save your bacon more than the extra 35 HP and 1.35 endurance. 

Just try it out, you might like it. Plus you get a little more E/N resistance (your biggest hole) and some endurance discount which nets you a splash of recovery...though not much.

Edited by Bopper

Just saw the updated build [v3.0.1] and it looks good. One thing I would like to test, and you probably can tell us if you have the build on hand, is the 5% resistance from Shield Wall always on, or only on for 120s when you use Vengeance? One of those CoH-isms that I always have to think about when I do builds.

Edit, found the Special Effects list on Paragon Wiki, I don't see a 120s duration for Shield Wall, so you should be good. Kismet is 120s though, so good you have it in an auto power.

Edited by Bopper
updated info

6 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Can you elaborate. I'm not sure what you're trying to say by this.

The point of increasing returns and the "breakpoint" thereof.  While it's true that every +1% is more valuable than the one before it when it comes to Resistances (until reaching the cap), it's only when you start getting "close" to the cap that small additions start getting magnified rather dramatically.  Where that "breakpoint" lies is going to be a subjective value judgement that each Player will need to answer for themselves.

In my case, when it comes to maximizing Resistances, I put a lower priority on that goal than on maximizing +Max HP and +Regeneration (and gains to endurance recovery to sustain longevity in continuous combat).  Because of that I place higher value on having Stamina ALWAYS providing increases to endurance recovery, Max HP and Regeneration than I do on increasing Resistances instead ... because in this case it's a direct tradeoff between the two.

13 minutes ago, Bopper said:

You'll be sitting on 100% health a lot of the time

Well ... that's the plan, anyway ...

14 minutes ago, Bopper said:

You won't have the 7.5% recharge anymore

Already dispensed with in the v3.0.1 update.

14 minutes ago, Bopper said:

so the potential up-time will now be 27.75%, compared to 34.91%. It doesn't seem like much, but it is 25.8% more up-time, and that's nice.

It certainly would be at Exemplar Levels 39+ ... but is relatively useless during Exemplar Levels 1-38.

So yes, when it can be used the increase in uptime is "NICE" ... but it is by no means "NECESSARY" nor is it something that will be applicable over a broad range of Exemplar Levels.  So the 34.91% uptime sounds great ... except when the uptime is 0% during Exemplar Levels 1-38.  Now, granted, you'll still get set bonuses at (most of) those lower Exemplar Levels using attuned enhancements, but you won't have access to the buffing of the click power.

So it's a matter of whether the build can "afford" to short slot Rune of Protection or not.  If I had 3 more slots to "burn" in the build, I'd definitely be wanting to put them into Rune of Protection rather than into Thunder Kick (for example) ... but since I don't have the extra 3 slots to do that, I don't.

4 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Just saw the updated build [v3.0.1] and it looks good. One thing I would like to test, and you probably can tell us if you have the build on hand, is the 5% resistance from Shield Wall always on, or only on for 120s when you use Vengeance? One of those CoH-isms that I always have to think about when I do builds.

I don't have any references to testing it, but last time I heard the Shield Wall proc functions as a global set bonus that is always on, regardless of whether the power it's slotted into has been used or not.  Should be pretty trivial to check on the test server though.

I know that Kismet's proc is "always on" regardless of power usage, so if that's an issue it's an easy matter to swap the Shield Wall proc and the Kismet proc in the build.

IifneyR.gif

3 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

It certainly would be at Exemplar Levels 39+ ... but is relatively useless during Exemplar Levels 1-38.

So yes, when it can be used the increase in uptime is "NICE" ... but it is by no means "NECESSARY" nor is it something that will be applicable over a broad range of Exemplar Levels.  So the 34.91% uptime sounds great ... except when the uptime is 0% during Exemplar Levels 1-38.  Now, granted, you'll still get set bonuses at (most of) those lower Exemplar Levels using attuned enhancements, but you won't have access to the buffing of the click power.

Sure, personally I would move RoP up in the build. I have a few ideas, but probably too extreme for this audience so I'll keep it in house. But even moving RoP to level 32 for 27+ content would be significant. Although I would probably aim for 24, to use in 19+ content. Anyways, let us know how it plays from levels 1 through 50+. SR is not my cup of tea for tanks (I like them on Scrappers since they have lower Resistance caps), but for thematic builds it looks fun and strong. I'm always down for tank-trolling builds.