Mids' Reborn Unofficial (MRBU)

Felis Noctu

2020-June-01

This thread will reopen once we have beta content to work with. Currently we're reorganizing and centralizing the work of MRB and MRBU and working on functionality issues.

Please use the official version of Mids' Reborn, as it includes all of our changes and more at this time!

Mids' Reborn Unofficial

Current MRBU Release Database Version: 20.2604

Latest Release: 2020-03-26 (1120pm PST)

Why?

Mids' is an awesome and incredibly useful program, but unfortunately its maintainers come and go. The current official dev team is indisposed for one reason or another, and while they do intend to return, Homecoming continues trucking forward with new updates and fresh content. Not only that, there's a number of lingering quirks and inconsistencies that could use some tender loving care.

The devs have given so much to this community. It's time for the community to give a little back!

Who?

@Zed (Discord: Zed#7901)
@Felis Noctu (Discord: Feles Noctis#9086)
@Procat (Discord: Procat#3599)
Crytilis/Metalios (Discord: Metalios#2673)

When?

Frequently! Zed and I are building lists that contain anything from major bugs and missing content to picking nits over tiny details, and whenever we have the time and the urge we poke around and tweak a few things. Even better, the more info all of you can feed us, the more things we have to pull from!

• Release will be updated when we have more polished content at a nonspecific time, generally after both Zed and I are done for the day.
  • Bleeding Edge may be updated anywhere from once every few days to multiple times a day based on how much we're doing! But keep in mind it may not be as complete. Mondays are my cleanup day.

Where?

MRBU

Mids' Reborn Hero Designer v2.6.0.7 (required)

Mids' Discord Server

How?

Release Builds

• Click Download Release Build
  • Click first archive under "Assets" section of most recent release

• Open downloaded file

• Extract contents of "MRB-Updates-######" to Mids install folder, overwriting as prompted

• For a clean install, only extract the "Data" and "Images" folders

Bleeding Edge Builds

What?

MRBU Features

• Easy Bug/Error Reporting
    • More of a Github feature than ours specifically, but Github has an Issues board that makes it easy to report and track bugs, features, and anything else we or you may need to know about. We'll definitely be keeping an eye on the forum thread, but issues reported on Github are likely to see a faster turnaround as they're much easier to keep track of! We've included a relatively simple reporting template that should fit most problems you may come across,
    • Issues Reporting on Github
  • Database Version Number
    • The official Mids' DB version is 19.1021. MRBU is going to be formatting the version based on the Homecoming release our changes are majority-supporting. This means that, as of this writing, our DB supports Issue 26, Page 4, so the version number is 20.2604. When Page 5 releases, our DB number will only change once we're confident we have the majority of the update implemented. To help us we this...
  • Homecoming Beta Server Previews
    • Beta-specific changes and content will be added to Mids using the identifier "zn_" (new) or "zc_" (changed) before the name. This sorts the beta set to the bottom of its respective list, making them easy to find. Depending on whether this is NEW content or CHANGED content may affect your builds in different ways, which is explained in the FAQs below.

FAQs

Spoiler
  • BETA PREVIEWS: "Do you plan to remove "z_PowersetNameHere" when the beta changes go live? What happens to our builds then?"
    • That depends on whether the beta powerset in question is a NEW set or a CHANGED set, due to how saved builds and powerset IDs work.
      • NEW sets will not affect your build when they're pushed to live. The "z_" is purely visual in these cases, and the powerset was built into Mids' just like the others, with a powerset ID that intends to stay. We'll change the display name when the time times and the powerset will rearrange itself into the list alphabetically, so you probably won't even notice.
      • CHANGED sets are a little trickier and a bit less user-friendly. We recommend that if you want to edit an existing build to use beta changes to see how they'll affect your character, that you also save a unique version of the build labeled as BETA in some fashion so as to not overwrite your live build. This is because, unlike NEW sets, CHANGED sets are a duplicated, entirely new instance of that powerset with a unique identifying ID.
        When the beta changes are pushed to live, these changes will be copied into their live powerset counterparts then the beta powerset is removed. Saved builds use the powerset ID to know what to put where, so any builds with CHANGED sets will complain at that time and be missing powers at those levels. This doesn't corrupt the build! Slots will even persist in those locations, so all you'll need to do is add the live versions of those powers and the enhancements you used.
        (Example)
    • We understand that the issues involving CHANGED sets aren't ideal. Thankfully it doesn't cause permanent damage, it's just a bit of a hassle. We believe that, in the end, being able to see what your builds will look like in the future is worth this minor nuisance.

Archived Patch Notes (see download package for recent changes)

Spoiler

2.6.0.7 I26P4 Patch Notes (as of 2020-03-25)

Spoiler

2.6.0.7 I26P4

MRBU Features
Database Version Number

• As of this Issue/Page number, the Mids database version is going to be formatted to match the year and matching Homecoming Issue/Page number of the last update, in order to make comparing versions at a glance easier for both devs and players.
    • Year: 2020
      HC Vers: Issue 26, Page 4
      DB Date: 23/03/2020
      DB Vers: 20.2604

Homecoming Beta Server Previews

• We’re in the process of adding Beta-specific content and changes to Mids’ to allow for analysis and number crunching of Homecoming’s beta changes. These sets may be found by looking for anything beginning with “zn_” (new) or "zc_" (changed), which in the case of powersets will push them to the bottom of their respective lists.
  • As the beta server is changing much more frequently than on live, and the beta BIN files are currently difficult to parse to extract raw data, this added content may not always be 100% accurate. We’ll do our best to get them as close as we can!

General Archetype Updates
Brute

• Fiery Aura powers updated to reflect current in-game values

Corruptor

• Most primary specialization powers updated to reflect current in-game values
    • Does not include Snipe powers at this time
  • Many Storm Summoning powers updated to reflect current in-game values

Scrapper / Stalker

• Fix for Ancillary pool being locked when adding a snipe power
    • To accomplish this, Quick Form has been moved from ancillary pools to class inherent abilities - so it's always there even if you don't take any snipe power. This change might unlock your existing builds, but that hasn’t been tested.

Tanker & Brute Changes
AoEs, Scaling & Stats, and Others

• These changes are wide-reaching and difficult to manage from a purely database-editing angle. Mids’ does have AT class modifiers integrated, however they’re hardcoded and compiled as part of the program itself. As well, they’re massive lists of values that would need to be carefully adjusted based on what Homecoming currently uses, which would require being able to get a hold of that information. BIN parsing for the game files still isn’t at 100%, and as such we’re taking the more difficult path and updating each power’s values individually, a very slow process. As such some values may not match in-game numbers. This is an ongoing process.
    • Brute Primaries > Status unknown
    • Brute Secondaries > Status unknown
    • Tanker Primaries > WIP
    • Tanker Secondaries > WIP
      • Updated:
        • Battle Axe
        • Broad Sword
        • Claws
        • Dark Melee
        • Electrical Melee
        • Energy Melee

Powers
Powers Update & Fixes

• The following powers had their scaling resistance bonuses reimplemented:
    (the expressions existed but were ignored by Mids, leaving them at zero)
    • Arachnos Widow > Teamwork > Foresight
    • Brute > Super Reflexes > Agile
    • Brute > Super Reflexes > Dodge
    • Brute > Super Reflexes > Lucky
    • Scrapper > Super Reflexes > Agile
    • Scrapper > Super Reflexes > Dodge
    • Scrapper > Super Reflexes > Lucky
    • Sentinel > Super Reflexes > Agile
    • Sentinel > Super Reflexes > Dodge
    • Sentinel > Super Reflexes > Enduring
    • Stalker > Super Reflexes > Agile
    • Stalker > Super Reflexes > Dodge
    • Tanker > Super Reflexes > Agile
    • Tanker > Super Reflexes > Dodge
    • Tanker > Super Reflexes > Lucky
  • The following powers had their damage over time values corrected:
    • Corruptor > Beam Rifle > Lancer Shot
    • Corruptor > Fire Blast > Rain of Fire
    • Corruptor > Ice Blast > Blizzard
    • Corruptor > Ice Blast > Ice Storm
    • Corruptor > Storm Summoning > Freezing Rain
    • Corruptor > Water Blast > Whirlpool
  • The following powers have been marked as a click-buff to allow toggling of the effect:
    • Blaster > Temporal Manipulation > Chronos
    • Dominator > Martial Assault > Envenomed Blades
    • Pools > Presence > Unrelenting
  • Arachnos Widow > Fortunata Teamwork > Mind Link: Values adjusted
  • Arachnos Widow > Widow Training > Follow Up: Damage and ToHit bonuses now scale
    • Damage: 30% per stack, up to 4 stacks (120%)
    • ToHit: 10% per stack, up to 4 stacks (40%)
  • Arachnos Widow > Widow Teamwork > Mind Link: Various values adjusted
  • Blaster > Atomic Manipulation > Beta Decay: Recharge bonus now scale correctly
    • 10% base + 2.5% per stack, up to 10 stacks (25%)
  • Blaster > Plant Manipulation > Wild Fortress: Absorb value adjusted
  • Blaster > Tactical Arrow > ESD Arrow
    • Endurance cost adjusted
    • Description updated
  • Pools > Flight > Hover: Endurance cost adjusted
  • Sentinel > Invulnerability > Durability: Absorb changed to MaxHP
    NOTE: In-game information claims MaxAbsorb, but power effects extracted from game files as of 2020-03-08 indicate MaxHP. This means it will not be enhanced by Cardiac Radial Alpha.
  • Sentinel > Radiation Armor > Particle Shielding: Allowed slotting of EndMod enhancements

Super Reflexes / Arachnos Widow Foresight

• SR’s original implementation was Scrapper-exclusive and relied on a flat, consistent, non-AT-modified, unenhanceable, unbuffable slope for its values as its passives’ resistances scaled up. When the set/effect was proliferated to other archetypes this slope was maintained with only minor adjustments to the base values.
    • Brute, Scrapper, and Tanker resistance begins building at 60% Max HP, reaching 20% resistance per passive at 0% Max HP
    • Sentinel/Stalker resistance begins building at 60% Max HP, reaching 25% res per passive at 0% Max HP
    • Arachnos Widow > Teamwork > Foresight resistance begins building at 75% Max HP, reaching 32.25% at 0% Max HP
      NOTE: Game description states it gives slope resistance to all damage types, but like SR's passives Foresight does not actually include Psionic or Toxic resistance.

Pools

• Pools > Fighting > Cross Punch: Reordered power in set to avoid confusion
  • Pools > Force of Will > Weaken Resolve: Reenabled slotting of Accurate ToHit Debuff enhancement sets as per in-game Manage Slots UI
    → NOTE: If these IO sets cannot actually be slotted in-game, the Homecoming dev team should be informed.

• Sorcery and Force of Will are now mutually exclusive. In addition to a visual clue, there is a note about it in the powersets' descriptions
    → KNOWN ISSUE: Exclusivity is only shown when attempting to take powers from two sets.

Incarnates

• Enabling a Diamagnetic Interface will no longer debuff the player's regeneration, resistances, or tohit
  • Enabling a Reactive Interface will no longer debuff the player's resistances

IO Sets

• ATO > Might of the Tanker resistance proc no longer affected by Musculature Alpha
  • ATO > Superior Might of the Tanker resistance proc no longer affected by Musculature Alpha
  • Aegis: Psionic/Status Resistance effect text updated to reflect actual psionic resistance bonus
  • Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown
    • This set will now only affect the power it is slotted in, as in-game.

Powers (HC beta)
New Support Powerset: Electrical Affinity

• Label: zn_Electrical Affinity
    Up to date as of I26p5 Build 4
  • Currently implemented for Controllers, Corruptors, Defenders, & Masterminds
    → KNOWN ISSUE: Mids does not currently appear to be able to display Targeted Absorbs, so Insulating Circuit will show as (Self).

→ KNOWN ISSUE: We do not currently have the full power data and are working from the in-game tooltips, and are using raw numbers instead of values affected by AT-modifiers. As such the numbers may not be 100% accurate at all times. The Homecoming team has been contacted about the possibility of getting their powers-related files directly.

• Shock cast time has been increased to 12s from 8s

• Chain distance has been added as radius

• Mastermind: Defibrillate enhancements updated

• Controller, Corruptor, & Defender Defibrillate enhancements updated to mirror Mastermind

New Origin Power Pool: Experimentation

• Label: zn_Experimentation
    Up to date as of I26p5 Build 4
  • Added powerset icon
  • Added scales and modifiers so it has variance among ATs
  • Experimentation > Corrosive Vial:
    • Effects now use pseudo-pet

Power Updates & Fixes

• The following Leadership (zc_Leadership) powers have had their activation time reduced from 3.63 seconds to 1.5 seconds
    • Pools > Leadership > Maneuvers
    • Pools > Leadership > Assault
    • Pools > Leadership > Tactics

Pools

• Experimentation, Sorcery, and Force of Will are now mutually exclusive. In addition to a visual clue, there is a note about it in the powersets' descriptions.
    → KNOWN ISSUE: Exclusivity is only shown when attempting to take powers from two sets.

IO Sets

• NEW
    • Artillery (Targeted AoE, Rare, 30-50)
    • Bombardment (Targeted AoE, Rare, 30-50)
    • Preemptive Optimization (Endurance Modification, Uncommon, 21-50)
    • Power Transfer (Endurance Modification, Rare, 21-50)
    • Synapse’s Shock (Endurance Modification, Rare, 21-50)
  • Artillery set icon updated
  • Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self no longer marked as Unique

To-Do
General

• Snipe powers may be missing data
  • Water Jet may be missing some data

Power Updates & Fixes

• Dominator > Martial Assault > Envenomed Blades: Correct power not adding toxic damage to other attacks
  • Pools > Force of Will > Weaken Resolve: Reenable slotting of Accurate ToHit Debuff enhancement sets
  • Scrapper > Titan Weapons > Defensive Sweep: Correct defense bonus to in-game value of 11.25%

Known Issues
Need More Information

• Water Jet damage value for Blasters doesn’t match in-game.
    → Will need to investigate calculation differences

Can’t/Won’t Fix

• ATOs and Superior ATOs are not marked as mutually exclusive.
    → Won't fix. Not related to database, and would require extensive Mids’ code changes to accomplish.

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 12
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

• Jimmy pinned this topic
4 hours ago, Apparition said:
5 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Do these updates only work on the newer 2.6 version?

Yes.  They require 2.6.0.7.

Apparition is correct. MRBU requires the most recent version of Mids, which is currently 2.6.0.7.

As an aside, Apparition, you may like the FAQ I added. 😛

3 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Thanks for picking up this dropped ball!

Awww, I wouldn't go far as to say dropped. Maybe fumbled a bit? Life, uhhh... finds a way. 😉

3 hours ago, Caulderone said:

Woot!  Glad to have the Power Transfer and other new IOs in.

Power Transfer:  Chance to Heal Self is not going to be unique.  It is marked unique in the settings (easy personal fix).

https://github.com/zethriller/MRB-Updates/issues/1

Congratulations on report #1! 😛

Also, fixed on my local, and will be uploaded later today.

• Like 1

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

23 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

This is so awesome! Thank you so much!

Probably a me thing, but I'm not seeing how to get the changes to Fade's interactions with Power Boost to show up. Are they in? Where should I find them? /Dark control.

Probably because it is about to be removed from the game. 

I would like to see what PB does to my -other- powers though, and what my defense numbers will be. Yes, I can hack through it. I can also just do the math by hand. I was wondering if I was missing the way to show the updates that are in testing for PB/Fade using this update to Mids.

This is sounding like I'm not, and that hopefully that change will hit when the update goes into the live game?

That's likely something we'll hold off on changing for now and see what changes do occur.

In other news, my intention today was to proliferate the Electrical Affinity set to the other ATs. In the process I stumbled upon a number of oddities, which lead to trying to figure out the difference between how "Special Case" and "GlobalChanceMod" are each implemented (answer: the former is hardcoded, but they can do basically the same things), which lead to inspiration for implementing scaling values for enhancements that use them, which lead to finding out that certain special enhancements are straight-up bugged and don't convey any effects at all, which lead to deep diving into why that may be the case and how to resolve it, which finally lead to determining that it's likely a bug in Mids itself and a possibility of a workaround that's going to result in a significant overhaul of the enhancement database...

And now I'm looking at the clock, realizing that almost 11 hours have passed since I sat down to proliferate Electrical Affinity, and wondering how I managed to fall down this rabbit hole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

~ The Meowcronomicon

3 hours ago, Caulderone said:

Oh, just occurred to me to mention this.  The Leadership pools were changed for Tankers, scalar change.  Is that going to be fixable?  I couldn't figure out a way to do it easily in the database.

I believe that's part of the tanker AT-modifier changes. While primary/secondary/tertiary sets can have their values modified directly because they're assigned specifically to an AT (though it's sketchy because it means deviating from the game file values), pool powers are shared between all ATs and normally use the AT-modifier scales to adjust to who's using them. We have limited access to the AT-modifiers as that requires actually compiling Mids from the source code in order to effect changes there.

Because of this, it's complicated to make pool powers consistent with changes at the AT-level. I actually contacted Faultline about it (who then got a hold of Powerhouse) due to Experimentation's Corrosive Vial having explicitly defined scales for each AT, something Mids can't easily do, rather than using the standard AT-modifiers. Thankfully that was temporary (which you can see the change in the beta patch notes).

We actually came across a method recently that could in theory function as a workaround for that (don't quote me on that though, I've run into so many roadblocks with Mids' implementation that I'm already going bald from frustration), but it would be incredibly complex and, from a database perspective, wouldn't represent the original power in pretty much any way. An alternative is to just implement a second version of Leadership labeled specifically for tankers, but that's clunky and much less friendly for builds and future updates.

~ The Meowcronomicon

7 hours ago, Caulderone said:

Oh, just occurred to me to mention this.  The Leadership pools were changed for Tankers, scalar change.  Is that going to be fixable?  I couldn't figure out a way to do it easily in the database.

Hey. Hey. Hey guys. Hey. Guess what? Guess what we can do? Guess what our friendly neighborhood Procat fixed in the code and compiled us a new version for? Come on, guess!

We can assign non-primary/secondary powersets to a specific AT now.

Which means we can make dedicated pools for ATs (like Leadership for Tankers!), among other things. So if you guys are noticing any weird oddities like this, please report them to us! This also means that a near-future release of MRBU will include a replacement executable and DLL file, so be prepared for that!

wehavethepower.jpg.68ffd9c534ee1dd3f5e3476deda59b60.jpg

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Like 1

~ The Meowcronomicon

Hotfix Release (2020-03-26)

(Discord Report) Pool > Experimentation > Experimental Injection is no longer restricted to Blaster

Oops. My bad! Accidentally left some database experimentation stuff in, usually I replace the DB with the recent commit before going back to regular work. I must have gotten distracted.

Edited by Felis Noctu

~ The Meowcronomicon

Another very minor issue that has been going on for a good while that we run into periodically in the Tanker forum:

Superior Might of the Tanker's resistance buff is enhanced by Musculature (not in game, but in the planner).

I haven't figured out a way to self-tweak the database to correct for that.

22 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Another very minor issue that has been going on for a good while that we run into periodically in the Tanker forum:

Superior Might of the Tanker's resistance buff is enhanced by Musculature (not in game, but in the planner).

I haven't figured out a way to self-tweak the database to correct for that.

I'll take a look at that once I'm done proliferating Electrical Affinity to Masterminds. I just pushed a commit with Corruptors, so 3 down, 1 to go!

I can tell you that most of the ATOs are all kinds of screwy. A lot of the fancier enhancements don't work at all, or only partially, or are affected by things they shouldn't be, etc. As far as I can tell at least part of that is due to how the functionalities were layered on top of each other. One of my big goals is to rework all of the special IOs to utilize the set bonus functionality for their special effects when appropriate, instead of the enhancement itself.

Basically:
- Enhancements were originally designed to only affect the power they're slotted into, and adding "global" effects to them, among other things, doesn't always work

- Set bonuses were designed to be global by default, and so far every broken bonus I've tested when assigned to the set level has begun working

I can't say that's what's going on here with Musculature, but it's definitely related to a lot of other bugs. I'll poke around at it.

~ The Meowcronomicon

Bleeding Edge update! (2020-03-26)

Major changes:
- Electrical Affinity has been proliferated to Corruptor and Mastermind

Known issues:

- Defibrillate needs enhancement corrections for Controller, Corruptor, and Defender. Mastermind was already handled. This will be done in the next push later tonight.

• Thanks 3

~ The Meowcronomicon

For the life of me, I can't get this to work. I have the Mids Reborn folder on my desktop. When I want to launch it, I click on that folder, then scroll down to Hero Designer.exe, then the builder launches. I followed this :

• Click Download Weekly Release
  • Click "Source code (zip)" under "Assets" section of most recent Weekly

• Open downloaded file

• Extract contents of "MRB-Updates-######" to Mids install folder, overwriting as prompted

• For a clean install, only extract the "Data" and "Images" folders

However, after I open the downloaded file, it'll extract the files to the "Mids Reborn" folder on my desktop. But, when I launch Mids Reborn, it is not updated.

Do I need to delete everything associated with Mids, and start all over? I guess I'm an idiot... 🤬