A random idea

Mike Morbid

Great idea, @Mike Morbid!  I'm interested, but with one caveat: don't let me pick/roll, because I don't trust myself to not cheat and just roll something I'm already comfortable with.  I'd prefer that someone else roll/pick for me at random, just so that I have absolutely no control over the process -- just as would've happened had I been sitting in that shop at that moment.

Also: I'm partial to Blasters and Sentinels, so don't give me a Blaster or Sentinel!  😁

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

10 minutes ago, Snowdaze said:

in the spirit of randomness... Are costumes randomized too?

I think that would depend on the effects of the energy beam.  It might be appropriate for some, but not all.  I, for one, despise the costume randomizer since they added tails and animal parts.  Besides, if we've "chosen" to band together as super-heroes/villains as a consequence of being hit by the ray, then I don't see why we wouldn't also choose our own costumes.  I'll probably make mine as ridiculous as possible, of course.

• Like 1

@Rathstar

More questions:

• Will we be forming a separate SG for this?  If so, who will do so?  If there are no volunteers, I will volunteer.
  • When will we play together, if at all?  I'm available US Central time, usually evenings and weekends.
  • Can we use one of the many HC Discord voice channels for audio chat?  I really enjoy using the HC voice channels, even when I'm not teamed with the folks there.  It's nice just to have chatter in the background when I'm playing.
  • Shall we all put elements of the OP's story in our bios?  I think it would be fun to do that.

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 1

@Rathstar

6 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

I think that would depend on the effects of the energy beam.  It might be appropriate for some, but not all.  I, for one, despise the costume randomizer since they added tails and animal parts.  Besides, if we've "chosen" to band together as super-heroes/villains as a consequence of being hit by the ray, then I don't see why we wouldn't also choose our own costumes.  I'll probably make mine as ridiculous as possible, of course.

I hear you, I used to use the randomizer from time to time to get a starting base, but since they added animal parts it seems to heavily favor them, which I do not.

• Like 2

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

2 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

More questions:

• Will we be forming a separate SG for this?  If so, who will do so?  If there are no volunteers, I will volunteer.
  • When will we play together, if at all?  I'm available US Central time, usually evenings and weekends.
  • Can we use one of the many HC Discord voice channels for audio chat?  I really enjoy using the HC voice channels, even when I'm not teamed with the folks there.  It's nice just to have chatter in the background when I'm playing.
  • Shall we all put elements of the OP's story in our bios?  I think it would be fun to do that.

I'm all for a supergroup, and being as I just started playing perhaps a week ago, I'm also all for someone more experienced than I putting it together and being in charge.

At the moment, I'm fairly much available all the time. I have no idea when my work will be starting up again.

I've never used Discord, but I'm willing to give it a try. My warning, though, my voice is roughly similar to Kermit if he's been sick for a while.

If you want to use the story, by all means feel free.

For the scarifying misadventures of Mike Morbid, go to Twitter and look for @JMikeMorbid

I have a character waiting in Atlas Park for if/when we do this. Don't worry, I haven't done anything with him yet, other than ooh and aah at the statue.

Chilled Fury

-Melee damage (brute)

-Savage melee (savage strike)

-Ice armour (frozen armour)

For the scarifying misadventures of Mike Morbid, go to Twitter and look for @JMikeMorbid

49 minutes ago, Mike Morbid said:

I have a character waiting in Atlas Park for if/when we do this. Don't worry, I haven't done anything with him yet, other than ooh and aah at the statue.

Chilled Fury

-Melee damage (brute)

-Savage melee (savage strike)

-Ice armour (frozen armour)

you got a savage/ice brute on a random roll? thats kinda lucky, I've very much enjoyed both of those sets, they are a bit more of medium experience sets but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it they dont really have that much of a learning curve.

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

Using the D100 scales posted earlier, I rolled a Dark Armor/Fiery Melee Tanker, and named him "Flameshadow".  

I then created a new SG named "Frozen Felonies Fellowship": base passcode is FROZEN-14581.  I'll set up portals in it for ease of transport, but I won't commit to any design beyond that, so that anyone else who wants to do in earnest can have fun with that.

Character Description:

I was enjoying a hot fudge sundae in the Frozen Felonies ice-cream shop in Atlas Park when a beam of energy crashed in through the roof.  It bathed everyone in an eerie glow that grew brighter and brighter.  My ears rang until I thought my head would explode, and then I passed out.  

When I awoke, I found myself imbued with strange new powers.  I could surround myself with dark energies, and manipulate fire in my hands with the merest thought. Others in the shop were changed as well.  We all decided to band together to combine our powers as a force for change in the world.  We became the "Frozen Felonies Fellowship"!

image.png.fbedc447c7d420cfc304a5605250b4db.png

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 1

@Rathstar

To make sure I didn't unbalance things, I rolled up a different character. I got a defender with kinetics (siphon power) and sonic attack (shriek). After struggling with a name for a while, I came up with Rocker Wraith.

Thanks for setting things up, Rathulfr. Now we all just have to plan a time to get together.

2 hours ago, Mike Morbid said:

Thanks for setting things up, Rathulfr. Now we all just have to plan a time to get together.

You're welcome, glad to do it.  Please be sure to /gfriend @Rathstar so that we can communicate when we're on at the same time.  I'm usually on evenings and weekends, US Central time.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

While I'm not joining this, I thought I'd roll a character for fun and report my results!

49.25 - Archetype: Brute

Ugh, Brutes. My least favorite AT, but that's manageable, just so long as I don't roll--

74.37 - Primary: Spines

... no ...

36.81 - Secondary: Fiery Aura

NOOOOOO!!!

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

using https://rollthedice.online/en/dice/d100

8,  98,  22

0.00 to 9.08 = Stalker (no way.. favorite/best AT, will try again)
94.12 to 100 = Staff Fighting
15.38 to 23.07 = Electric Armour

2,  77,  17

0.00 to 9.08 = Stalker (what the?!!..)

76.47 to 82.34 = Savage Melee
15.38 to 23.07 = Electric Armour

oops should have read to the end.

With Epics

8,  98,  22

6.67 to 13.32 = Controller (there, this is something I have no idea how to play..)

88.89 to 100 = Plant Control

18.75 to 24.99 = Empathy

really should have read to the very end... I have to join another SG?

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I'm not likely to join you... 'Just not my kind of theme, I'm afraid... But purely for fun I DID use the random dice-roller to see what I'd end up with if I did. XD

81 - Corruptor

1 - Archery

83 - Time

That actually wouldn't be a terrible character, I suspect.

'Not a combination I've ever had, but not a bad mix at first glance. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

OK, I found this interesting.  I rolled for a Water Blast/Atomic Manipulation Blaster.

So I got Atomic Milk.  I recolored the Water Blast to white for milk.  He was eating mint ice cream when he got hit and now projects milks and can manipulate atomic radiation.  I call him Atomic Milk.

screenshot_200527-11-39-48.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 12:07 PM, ArchVileTerror said:

Isn't "Time's Arrow" a novel or something?   It sounds really familiar . . . 

That's the proper name of the ITF.

• Thanks 1

@Rathstar

@Mike Morbid, I was on a couple of times this weekend looking for you, but I couldn't track you down.  I'd like to add you to the SG and give you leadership privileges.  We also need to nail down a time to meet our new toons and play together.

Everyone else in this thread that wants to can /gfriend me, as well.  My global is in my signature, below.

@Rathstar

If you usually play on the weekends, I can log onto my random character then. I know you tend toward evenings, so perhaps I can meet you at 7 pm Central on whichever day(s) you prefer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Morbid said:

If you usually play on the weekends, I can log onto my random character then. I know you tend toward evenings, so perhaps I can meet you at 7 pm Central on whichever day(s) you prefer?

I'll try to be on at 7 PM Central tonight, work permitting.

@Rathstar

I am interested in this one. I would play this. 

I rolled a Demon/Storm Summoning Mastermind.

Not a character I would EVER think to put together, but I welcome opinions and would like to meet up with my other weirdos.

I will roll a back up now.

• Like 1