A random idea

Mike Morbid

I went ahead and made an Archery/Time Corruptor... Just to see what the combination would play like.

'Tossed her in with Harry to hit the 30s, got her some common IOs and ran around for a bit with a mid-level hero tips team.

Verdict? The sets work together just fine. And with all that wibbly-wobbly timey-whimey business she has a lot fewer problems with things running out of the area of effect of her Rain of Arrows than my Archery blaster ever did! 

So... even if I don't play around with the rest of the Randoms, thanks for the idea and the "random rolling". I've ended up with a pretty entertaining corruptor that I'd never have had otherwise. XD

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

14 hours ago, Lavitz said:

I am interested in this one. I would play this. 

I rolled a Demon/Storm Summoning Mastermind.

Not a character I would EVER think to put together, but I welcome opinions and would like to meet up with my other weirdos.

I will roll a back up now.

I'll be on with Rocker Wraith tonight (7 central time, 8 eastern time), in Atlas Park near Ms. Liberty. I hope to see you and anyone who is interested there!

For the scarifying misadventures of Mike Morbid, go to Twitter and look for @JMikeMorbid

14 hours ago, Lavitz said:

Also, sorry if I missed this, do travel/extra power pools get rolled for as well?

I think that random AT, primary, and secondary is sufficient.  So, no, don't roll random pool powers.

• Thanks 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

18 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

Might I encourage you all to take a small detour over to Sharkhead for the evening's festivities before launching in to your team efforts?   There'll be prizes!  Start your randoms group on a strong foot by getting some wealth deposits beforehand!

What's this all about?

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm

Rolls 1 and 2 (AT):  66 and 6, so 66.06 - Sentinel

Rolls 3 and 4 (Primary):  64 and 19, so 64.19 - Ice Blast

Rolls 5 and 6 (Secondary):  19 and 73, so 19.73 - Electric Armor

Have never played an Ice Blast character, so this should be fun!  May I present Chamonix!

chamonix_ff_coh.thumb.jpg.20ee9870625df7824c89dacc98b6c0e5.jpg

Edited by wyldchyld

Formerly Infinity, Currently Everlasting

50s:  Necro/Kin MM, Ill/Storm 'Troller, Kin/EnA Stalker, NRG/EnA Sentinel, Grav/Elec Dom, Invuln/Staff Tanker, Mind/Dark 'Troller, Earth/Nature 'Troller, Merc/FF MM

• 1 month later
  • 1 month later

So, purely on a whim... I decided to take a second shot at the "random character generator".... My first character (an Archery/Time Corruptor) worked out really well, so I figured why not?

A few dice rolls with my trusty Chessex Blue Scarabs later and fate had assigned me an Ice/Dark Blaster. Which is going to be all sorts of weird to play, I suspect, but potentially interesting. I went over to the Names thread and claimed "Twilight Silver", another random dice roll told me that the character was a gal, and off to the character creator we went. 

TwilightSilver.jpg 

She's got nothing for a background yet, and I have no clue which of my little circles of magi I'm going to put her in... But at Mighty Level 5 it doesn't really matter yet. 

(ETA: It turns out she's also something of a Unicorn. The "how many are there"-thread tells me that as-of March, there were only 9 Ice/Dark Blasters at 50.)

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thanks 1

Oh this is such a neat idea! I'm definitely gonna try a random roll for fun, but is the SG and the story idea still around? I think that would be fun to join.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 5/18/2020 at 5:19 PM, ArchVileTerror said:

Tanker Primary:

0.00 to 8.32 = Bio Armour
8.33 to 16.66 = Dark Armour
16.67 to 24.99 = Electric Armour
25.00 to 33.32 = Energy Aura
33.33 to 41.66 = Fiery Aura
41.67 to 49.99 = Ice Armour
50.00 to 58.32 = Invulnerability
58.33 to 66.66 = Radiation Armour
66.67 to 74.99 = Shield Defense
75.00 to 83.32 = Stone Armour
83.33 to 91.66 = Super Reflexes
91.67 to 100 = Willpower

Tanker Secondary:

0.00 to 4.54 = Battle Axe
4.55 to 9.08 = Broad Sword
9.09 to 13.63 = Claws
13.64 to 18.17 = Dark Melee
18.18 to 22.72 = Dual Blades
22.73 to 27.26 = Electrical Melee
27.27 to 31.81 = Energy Melee
31.82 to 36.35 = Fiery Melee
36.36 to 40.90 = Ice Melee
40.91 to 45.44 = Katana
45.45 to 49.99 = Kinetic Melee
50.00 to 54.54 = Martial Arts
54.55 to 59.08 = Psionic Melee
59.09 to 63.63 = Radiation Melee
63.64 to 68.17 = Savage Melee
68.18 to 72.72 = Stone Melee
72.73 to 77.26 = Spines
77.27 to 81.81 = Street Justice
81.82 to 86.35 = Staff Fighting
86.36 to 90.90 = Super Strength
90.91 to 95.44 = Titan Weapons
95.45 to 100 = War Mace

Tankers don't have Energy Aura for a primary. My random roll gave me this and it's not possible to create. xD

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 5/23/2020 at 7:45 PM, Crater Kate said:

While I'm not joining this, I thought I'd roll a character for fun and report my results!

Ugh, Brutes. My least favorite AT, but that's manageable, just so long as I don't roll--

... no ...

NOOOOOO!!!

After rolling an Energy Aura tanker, which can't be made, my new set of rolls gave me a TW/Bio Scrapper. 😅

On 6/1/2020 at 11:30 AM, wyldchyld said:

http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm

Rolls 1 and 2 (AT):  66 and 6, so 66.06 - Sentinel

Rolls 3 and 4 (Primary):  64 and 19, so 64.19 - Ice Blast

Rolls 5 and 6 (Secondary):  19 and 73, so 19.73 - Electric Armor

Have never played an Ice Blast character, so this should be fun!  May I present Chamonix!

chamonix_ff_coh.thumb.jpg.20ee9870625df7824c89dacc98b6c0e5.jpg

Sorry for the spam; been reading through this and trying to play around with the rolls and such while in class, and are we supposed to roll like this to make a decimal number? Or does 1 roll yielding a single, whole number work as well?

And I forgot to use the full list including the epic AT's, so my original roll (using https://rollthedice.online/en/dice/d100 and just a single, whole number) yielded:

59 - Corruptor

26 - Dark Blast

14 - Electric Affinity

I already have a dark/EA controller, so I may try rolling again.

Whoopsie!

I'll fix that.

Also, adding Sonic Manipulation to Blaster Secondaries in preparation of Page 6.

Here's the old version, just in case I need to revert it for any reason:

Blaster Secondary:
0.00 to 7.68 = Atomic Manipulation
7.69 to 15.37 = Devices
15.38 to 23.07 = Darkness Manipulation
23.08 to 30.76 = Energy Manipulation
30.77 to 38.45 = Electricity Manipulation
38.46 to 46.14 = Fire Manipulation
46.15 to 53.84 = Ice Manipulation
53.85 to 61.53 = Martial Combat
61.54 to 69.22 = Mental Manipulation
69.23 to 76.91 = Ninja Training
76.92 to 84.61 = Plant Manipulation
84.62 to 92.30 = Tactical Arrow
92.31 to 100 = Temporal Manipulation

• Like 1

She was originally rolled May 29, but I'm just now getting around to writing up a post.

Please meet Thea Sandoval. She's 19 and from Cap au Diable.

Thea was visiting her Uncle and cousins in Paragon, when she was dragged out to Frozen Felonies for some wholesome (Annoying!) family fun. Rather than enduring another (Boring and Annoying!) lecture about coming to study in Paragon (She could totally stay with family and save money!), she sneaked out the window in the girls bathroom.

While leaning against the wall (And contemplating hitch hiking back to the Isles), an energy beam emerged from the alley wall and passed through her torso.

Upon waking in a S.E.R.E.P.H. facility, Thea spent the next several months learning to control her Mind and Radiation (And putting up with low key how-to-be-a-hero classes!). She was then encouraged (Blackmailed!) into becoming a Hero.

She hates it.

((Roll Breakdowns!

AT: 21.23 - Scrapper

Primary: 63.12 - Psi Melee

Secondary 65.42 - Radiation Armor))

Corrupted Mind (Thea Sandoval). She looks nice, doesn't she?

cmind.png

Edited by Saeletra
Wanted to add Frozen Felonies, but forgot when the first draft was erased!
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

Ok, so I realized I wouldn't want to roll an EAT for this as I already have 1 of each, so I did my rolls based off of Terror's initial list without them.

AT: 72 - Sentinel

Primary: 8 - Assault Rifle

Secondary: 6 - Bio Armor

So one of the best armor sets in the game with one of the worst blast sets, lol. Let's do this. I was kind of surprised how quickly a concept came to me for this character; to the point I couldn't fit her whole bio in it so I'll have to go back and tweak it. Meet Ramiel Fenton, aka Bio Warfare (still can't believe I got that name).

Former army soldier Ramiel Fenton had limped her way into Frozen Felonies for a sweet treat to try and take her mind off her pain and depression after having been honorably discarged. Little did she know that day would change her fate.

An energy beam blew through the building, knocking Ramiel off her feet and throwing her against a wall. She awoke a few days later in the Atlas Park hospital, trying to make sense of what the nurses were babbling at her. She waved them away to give herself a chance to think.

Taking stock of her body, she didn't notice too many injuries... In fact, she didn't feel any pain at all, not even in the bummed leg that had gotten her discharged from the army in the first place! She did feel different after the incident at Frozen Felonies... Her body almost tingled with life and energy, her skin capable of hardening into a sort of biological armor at will.

In disbelief and excitement, Ramiel left the hospital, excited to be able to protect and serve once again, this time as one of the superheroes of Paragon City. She dubbed herself Bio Warfare.

g0xL0CJ.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later

I ended up giving her a different name... Twilight Silver just sounded too much like an escapee from My Little Pony... but that Ice/Dark Blaster of mine is now a finished and Incarnated 50. And yeah. She's all kinds of weird to play. I can see why the pairing is rare. 😝