Gun Drone Aggro EXTREMELY too HIGH

plainguy

Gun Drone aggro make the power useless to anyone who is not a hover blaster..  
The Aggro is so great that.. Full auto followed up by Mighty total radial followed up by Trip Mine will NOT pull aggro away from the Gun Drone.. 

Imagine clicking super speed and you could only walk.. This is how bad this thing is.. 

IIRC, this is working as intended.  The gun drone is intended to be a short term tank for you. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 6/18/2020 at 12:25 AM, Heraclea said:

IIRC, this is working as intended.  The gun drone is intended to be a short term tank for you. 

No it is not.. 

If you mean short term like in 2 seconds then I retract my bug.. 

But as I have it on several blasters I can clearly tell you for a hover blaster it is working well enough.. But for a close range blaster it is useless.

I am pretty sure that is not how a T9 power is suppose to be. It literally is destroyed the second it is summoned.. 
I could fire of several AOE powers in succession and then summon Gun Drone and still have it killed instantly.. 

Again this is not working as intended.. 

3 hours ago, plainguy said:

No it is not.. 

If you mean short term like in 2 seconds then I retract my bug.. 

But as I have it on several blasters I can clearly tell you for a hover blaster it is working well enough.. But for a close range blaster it is useless.

I am pretty sure that is not how a T9 power is suppose to be. It literally is destroyed the second it is summoned.. 
I could fire of several AOE powers in succession and then summon Gun Drone and still have it killed instantly.. 

It has a taunt aura, sounds like it's taunting aggro like it should.

4 minutes ago, Papa Sirius said:

It was added by the HC Devs.. No one asked for it, No one complained on how it was before..  

It has a duration of 90 seconds..  It doesn't last 2 seconds..  I am thinking it would pull mobs off a tank and I have a 2nd account to test this out actually.. 

The MAGNITUDE of the taunt is way way too high for the frailty it has. 

It needs more HP then.

The survivablity of it is negligent.  It literally fires off a burst and then gets crushed from aggro.  

17 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

I am confused....what's the issue, it draws to much aggro or it only last 2 seconds? Because it can't be both

"A criss-cross of multi-colored beams, at the center of which nothing living could exist."

I believe the point he's making is that the Gun Drone grabs more aggro than a lone Sapper in a spawn of Malta, and gets destroyed before it can do anything but be two seconds of ablative armor.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, plainguy said:

Is there a chance you are not using it as intended?

"You can summon a Gun Drone. The Drone has an extremely fast firing rate and is equipped with a customized tracking system. Once locked on, the Drone will continue to unload a volley of lead into the target until it is destroyed. The Drone is armored, but can be destroyed. "

It is a set from the beginning of the game and if you are playing level 50 content at +4/8 without a team.. well pets aren't gonna last long in that situation without buffs.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, Papa Sirius said:

Except it shouldn't be taunting to draw aggro.

Why is this so hard to comprehend?

Gadgets Turret.png Gun Drone

You can summon a Gun Drone. The Drone has an extremely fast firing rate and is equipped with a customized tracking system. Once locked on, the Drone will continue to unload a volley of lead into the target until it is destroyed. The Drone is armored, but can be destroyed.

Damage Moderate (Lethal)
Recharge Very Long
Minimum Level Archetypeicon blaster.png 38 (Blaster)
Effects Build Drone: Ranged
Enhancements TO Training Accuracy.png Enhance Accuracy
  TO Training Damage.png Enhance Damage
  TO Training Endurance Cost.png Reduce Endurance Cost
  TO Training Attack Rate.png Increase Attack Rate
Set Categories IO Ranged Damage.png Ranged Damage
  IO Recharge Intensive Pets.png Recharge Intensive Pets

Show me the Taunt Enhancements that are supposed to be slotted into the power.

I even provided the link above.

Go on ... show me.

The Taunt on Gun Drone was added by a Homecoming Dev in a fit of HUBRIS.

And just like Jack Emmert, no amount of good faith has yet been successful in convincing that same Homecoming Dev that they made a MISTAKE.

We've seen this pattern before.

It didn't go down well the first time ... and it would have been better to not repeat the failure to heed community feedback now.

• Like 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

I believe the point he's making is that the Gun Drone grabs more aggro than a lone Sapper in a spawn of Malta, and gets destroyed before it can do anything but be two seconds of ablative armor.

OK yeah I get what he's saying now. Thanx

And no that doesn't seem right

13 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Show me the Taunt Enhancements that are supposed to be slotted into the power.

There are other instances of powers that do things which are not enhance-able. Just saying.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Nothing needs to be changed. I'm assuming this is +4/x8 content because judgement incarnate powers were mentioned as your method of aggro control. The gun drone follows you. It gonna go into the group alongside the blaster if you are insisting on playing as a blapper. The aoes/bosses from +4/x8 are gonna melt the gun drone no matter if it's drawing aggro or not. Furthermore, not being a tank/brute, you won't maintain an entire groups aggro for very long no matter how hard you're hitting (if you did, tanks would be useless for aggro control with a single blaster in the mix).  You've even admitted the gun drone is fine on a hover blaster but not your blapper.  I think you're just experiencing what every pet class already knows in +4/x8 environments. Pets are nearly useless in that setting. It's so bad on my MM I usually fall back and just focusing on support for the team rather than keep up pets cause they flatline so quickly.  Seriously, it takes one rogue +4 boss to wipe out an MMs top pet in 1-2 hits, your gun drone doesn't stand a chance.

2 hours ago, Dragotect said:

Nothing needs to be changed. I'm assuming this is +4/x8 content because judgement incarnate powers were mentioned as your method of aggro control. The gun drone follows you. It gonna go into the group alongside the blaster if you are insisting on playing as a blapper. The aoes/bosses from +4/x8 are gonna melt the gun drone no matter if it's drawing aggro or not. Furthermore, not being a tank/brute, you won't maintain an entire groups aggro for very long no matter how hard you're hitting (if you did, tanks would be useless for aggro control with a single blaster in the mix).  You've even admitted the gun drone is fine on a hover blaster but not your blapper.  I think you're just experiencing what every pet class already knows in +4/x8 environments. Pets are nearly useless in that setting. It's so bad on my MM I usually fall back and just focusing on support for the team rather than keep up pets cause they flatline so quickly.  Seriously, it takes one rogue +4 boss to wipe out an MMs top pet in 1-2 hits, your gun drone doesn't stand a chance.

Don’t agree with the MM example, as I routinely solo most of my MM’s on +4x8 and while my pets sometimes do die, it’s certainly not against every boss.  

18 hours ago, Crysis said:

Don’t agree with the MM example, as I routinely solo most of my MM’s on +4x8 and while my pets sometimes do die, it’s certainly not against every boss.  

Mine is a necro/emp, probably not the best as it has no secondary damage mitigation for all the pets. I'm sure it's relative from set to set and build to build, but the point is it happens to pet/support specific types too.

Blasters aren't support classes nor are they tanks, so it shouldn't be a surprise that in large groups their single pet is being killed quickly in melee, especially when summoning mid fight cause each second the blaster isn't doing damage is a second they aren't maintaining aggro.

• 4 months later

I guess the Devs DID seen something wrong with Gun Drone..  

The update currently on the beta server addresses the Gun Drone problem.

Now it has more armor and a bit less aggro.

• Gadgets_Turret.png.5eb11b2e78b8fb4e29904027fed53745.png Gun Drone
    • Now has 80% resistance to all damage
    • Taunt aura reduced to 8ft, mag 3, max of 4 targets
    • Death explosion now has a knockup component
  • Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.