Small thing that helps me keep PermaDom

laudwic

Running a 48 level Grav/Savage Dominator, I have 145% recharage rate when Hasen is up.  I have two Lvl 50 IOs in hasten so I still have a short downtime in that power.  I also get some additional recharge from two force feedback: Chance for Recharge IOs and the recharge bonus you get from blood in the Savage power set.

So, if I'm fighting, I can guarantee that my domination power will recharge before domination runs out, but I was having trouble making sure I hit the button on time. 

One thing I found incredibly helpful is turning on the numerical recharge timers under the options menu for my powers. 

This way, instead of watching my domination power get bigger for when to click it again, I have a count down that shows me exactly when it will be available.  I find this much easier to keep track of when the power will recharge and it makes it far easier to keep permadom going.   This way, I was able to keep it going through three missions, and traveling between missions, solo last night.

You need to click domination every 90 seconds but only need to click hasten every 120 seconds.  I put domination on auto since it needs to be used more frequently and just click hasten.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, josh1622 said:

You need to click domination every 90 seconds but only need to click hasten every 120 seconds.  I put domination on auto since it needs to be used more frequently and just click hasten.

Also, missing Domination by 2 seconds is a huge deal since it drops.

Missing Hasten by 2 seconds just means 2 seconds of the buff lost. Not a big deal.

I use binds that load different files, which alternate setting Domination/Hasten as the auto power, so as long as I'm moving or acting, I don't have a problem. But without those binds, I'd definitely put Domination on auto.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Coyote said:

Missing Hasten by 2 seconds just means 2 seconds of the buff lost. Not a big deal.

I use binds that load different files, which alternate setting Domination/Hasten as the auto power, so as long as I'm moving or acting, I don't have a problem. But without those binds, I'd definitely put Domination on auto.

I have the dual auto thing too- I still make sure to try to use both keys,  but I spam buttons so my auto powers can get perma delayed If I’m not careful lol

Guess i am the odd ball. I dont find it to hard to put the dom button on the top left corner of my power bars and turn on that timer function and just hit it when it comes due. I know hasten comes due less often but old habits die hard i guess hasten has always been the auto power on all my characters. 

5 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

Guess i am the odd ball. I dont find it to hard to put the dom button on the top left corner of my power bars and turn on that timer function and just hit it when it comes due. I know hasten comes due less often but old habits die hard i guess hasten has always been the auto power on all my characters. 

It’s fine; you’re just more likely to miss it in hectic situations than if it’s on auto, especially if you both click and auto it.

On 6/26/2020 at 9:40 AM, josh1622 said:

This is an excellent point. I had not thought about that. I bind numpad0 to my Domination, but I could just as easily bind it to Hasten and have to hit it around 30% less often.

I leave Hasten on auto and manually click the Domination power.  My build has a lot of leeway in Domination (like 20+ seconds) and frequently I want to delay Domination by a little bit so that I can make good usage of the endurance bar refill.  Once in a very long time I'll miss it, but usually I'm looking for the power because I need more endurance anyway!

• Like 1

Dom on auto. Click hasten, when can/feel like it. Perma without Hasten

On my Fire/Energy Dom on auto, click hasten when it comes up. Perma with hasten.

No keybinds. No Macros. No Cooldown timers (if you're familiar with your toon these are completely unncecessary)

Domination is the obvious choice for Auto in any case.

-Number-Six Vet Level 1696 Mind/Psi Dom

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
On 6/26/2020 at 4:23 PM, Coyote said:

Nothing worse than standing outside after a mission not paying attention then seeing your dom bar drop and the instant regret!

Or catching it just in time and seeing it go back up.. phew