Please, Oh Please let us choose our first secondary power instead of making it the T1

11 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Not sure what gust is, assuming you meant Gale. Despite that, Gale is an amazing power, you stick 2 slots in it: Sudden Acceleration KB to KD and a Force Feedback proc and you now have an extremely large cone that recharges at a reasonable rate giving you and your team massive amounts of damage mitigation, while also pricing quite often giving you a massive recharge rate bonus.

Both IO's are rather cheap, and turn a mediocre power into an outright overpowered one.

That's a lot of wasted endurance for essentially no damage and a moderate amount or recharge - using Gale every time it's up will give you 16.67%, but usually you would have a shorter attack chain and use it half the time, 8.33% recharge, unless you wanted damage or to focus on your summons (1-3%ish recharge). I wouldn't waste the slot.

• Thanks 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

21 minutes ago, Zepp said:

That's a lot of wasted endurance for essentially no damage and a moderate amount or recharge - using Gale every time it's up will give you 16.67%, but usually you would have a shorter attack chain and use it half the time, 8.33% recharge, unless you wanted damage or to focus on your summons (1-3%ish recharge). I wouldn't waste the slot.

This is an unpopular opinion... but I agree with it. Gale really to me hasn't proved itself worth the slots as described like you said, and I've done the same slotting. The issue lies in that Storm Summoning has enough knockdown and CC along with damage that Gale kind of gets "lost" in most situations to me. I wouldn't describe it as "bad" but I would honestly skip the power altogether because that's a few spots that could be used for something more valuable (maybe more endurance/health/resistance/defense/procs/etc.)

5 hours ago, Zepp said:

Maybe I'm just crazy, but just because a power is recharged doesn't mean it needs to be clicked. Just because a debuff/buff or CC isn't perma doesn't mean it doesn't contribute. Circumstances change as do needs so maybe there is a situation where spamming Gale is very useful, but at the same time, you can be pushing to shift the situation so you don't need to spam it? 

Or maybe I just read the post wrong because it really just makes very little sense the mentalities people put forth sometimes. 

• Like 1

To clarify. My main in Live and Homecoming is Ill/SS. I have also played other Storm builds. I have never been in a situation after level 5 where I found Gale useful. I have done a dozen different slotting combos, including: Overwhelming Force: Damage/ KB->KD, Force Feedback: Chance for Recharge, Annihilation: Chance for -Res, Explosive Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage, Positron's Blast: Chance for Energy Damage. Positron's Blast: Damage/Range (alternatively Damage/Endurance - which actually worked better because it made it a little more cost-effective). Yes, I six-slotted it to try and make a cool-looking power actually be cool. My conclusion was that, even if I wanted it to be worthwhile, it would always be a waste of space. Before level 5, it was useful as AoE mitigation, but post-level 5, never had a situation where it was a top seven power option...

@Leo_G What I was trying to get at was that realistically it was a really bad value for trying to get more recharge. Putting a FF proc in there is just not useful.

Sure, you can use Gale, and it can be useful if you really try hard to try and make it useful. I have used it (single-slotted) to save a PUG from faceplanting. Sure, I had eight other options that would have been more effective, but I did it just to show that the power could be useful (and because as an Ill-Storm Troller I love controlled chaos and controlling the battlefield any way I see fit). Gale into a corner and then Freezing Rain, Tornado, Water Spout, Lightning Storm, Phantom Army, and Spectral Terror while I have Steamy Mist and Group Invisibility on my team can destroy huge spawns faster than the Scrapper can say, "don't use knockback, it isn't meta!" while keeping the entire team safe and hidden from harm... But Gale is less effective than Hurricane, which is a niche power in the best of times.

11 hours ago, Zepp said:

I think you mean Gale, but to be honest, I'd take Gale over 02 Boost in my Ill/SS build... Both those powers need some love (Gale needs more damage, O2 Boost needs to be a PBAoE or TAoE).

That's the one. XD

I've only had one character that had the power, and I was anything but impressed.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 6/29/2020 at 5:38 AM, Zepp said:

I'm going to throw my hat into the "defending Gale" side.  I have no idea where you're getting your recharge numbers but you can get way more uptime on the FF proc than that.  And as said by others, you don't need to use it every time its up if you have better things to do.

And if you are worried about the damage, I've been messing around with triple damage procced Gale (+FF and KB>KD and an acc IO) and its not bad at all.  There's a 21.5% chance for each damage proc to land, which gives you a 48.4% chance that at least one will trigger on a each target and a 13.8% chance of 2 triggering every time you cast it.  For a power that can perma juggle a whole spawn, bosses and all, with one of the widest ranged cones in the game, its not bad, especially when you're consistently hitting 10 nemies per cast.  For 10 enemies, you're getting 6.5 damage procs, and a 75% chance to proc FF on a stupidly low cooldown, with full enemy lockdown.

@Omega-202 I ran through the full math, and if you have a lot of targets and high global accuracy it may provide reasonable recharge. That being said, 2.376s for a chance for damage from a proc is not all that appealing, unless you want to spend a really long time on each spawn.

1 hour ago, Zepp said:

@Omega-202 I ran through the full math, and if you have a lot of targets and high global accuracy it may provide reasonable recharge. That being said, 2.376s for a chance for damage from a proc is not all that appealing, unless you want to spend a really long time on each spawn.

Obviously the damage is "bonus".  The point is the complete and total lockdown of a full spawn, bosses included, with a single power, and if you have spare slots (which my current Ill/storm has plenty of...somehow) you can do damage to half of them and grab a nearly guaranteed recharge boost from it.  And due to the high recharge, its basically always available to use and can save teammates by giving you some breathing room for a few seconds or stopping a boss from popping a power (Paragon Protector MOG for example).  

Also, don't overlook how much the KD helps teammates maximize their AoE.  If you plant a full spawn on their butt, your Blaster teammate's Rain of Fire is hitting more of its ticks.  

I'm not saying its a great power, but if you're forced to take it, then might as well make the best of it.  

Edited by Omega-202