rogue isles/nova praetoria population

czis

2 hours ago, Six Six said:

Awesome! I, too, have two dedicated Praetorians. One Loyalist and one Resistance (who can go to hell, Resistance scum!) Haven't been on them for a spell. I'm trying to figure out a way the have them reach 50 without leaving (because the Gold Star icon on the toon list is awesome).

Can't you go to First Ward/Night Ward directly from Praetoria without leaving and keep the star? That might not get you all the way to 50, but it would get you closer.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jacehan said:

Can't you go to First Ward/Night Ward directly from Praetoria without leaving and keep the star? That might not get you all the way to 50, but it would get you closer.

You can.   The game absoutely doesn't tell you this, and tries it's darndest to lead you to going Red/Blue.

But you can go to Imperial City, then to the Underground, then to Doorman, chat with him, and enter the First Ward.

I have a Praetorian scrapper who I'm going to try like heck to take allllll the way to 50 without ever giving up her Praetorian alignment.

I believe you also get a different set of "Set Your New Title" options at 20, and either 30 or 40 (forget which), if you are praetorian aligned but not hero/villain.

• Like 1

Realistically, without malefactoring down and joining someone else’s gold side team (good luck with that), or heading to Pocket D and power leveling, the highest you can get to is about level 40, I am afraid.

I went back and re-read all of the AMAs.  Paragon Studios wanted to eventually add two new zones to Praetoria.  One was a level 40+ zone set in Praetoria’s Neo Tokyo.  Tokyo rebuilt after the Hamidon Wars.  The last was an Incarnate only zone dealing with Praetorian Hamidon.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

I have a Praetorian scrapper who I'm going to try like heck to take allllll the way to 50 without ever giving up her Praetorian alignment.

I believe you also get a different set of "Set Your New Title" options at 20, and either 30 or 40 (forget which), if you are praetorian aligned but not hero/villain.

Is that... even possible? Gold side content stops scaling eventually, and even migrating to FW/NW requires you to choose Hero/Villain I think.

How do you plan to get there?

I level my heroes 45-50 by exemplaring down and doing lower level taskforces.

It should be every bit as possible to join varied Night Ward groups and just keep fighting lower level mobs there while exemplared.

And in a real pinch, there is AE available by Studio 55 / Pocket D.

Edit.  And no, I can absolutely confirm that switching to First Ward / Night Ward does NOT require choosing hero/villain.

My scrapper is currently lvl 23 in First Ward, doing First Ward missions, still flagged as Resistance.  Has never set foot in primal earth. Never made the choice of red vs blue.

Edited by MTeague

I was this old when I learned you don't have to choose red or blue at the end of the Praetorian arcs.  Very cool, I have a Praetorian MM right now that I'm moving along.  Will have to just keep on trucking into the Wards and forgo Primal Earth. 

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Yeah.  Once you are finished with Neutropolis, go to Imperial City, take the Underground Entrance A to Underground Imperial City, talk to the Doorman, and off to First Ward you go.  Then from there you can go directly to Night Ward.  I have a level 34 Blaster in Night Ward who has yet to set foot on Primal Earth.

Edited by Apparition

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Yeah.  Once you are finished with Neutropolis, go to Imperial City, take the Underground Entrance A to Underground Imperial City, talk to the Doorman, and off to First Ward you go.  Then from there you can go directly to Night Ward.  I have a level 34 Blaster in Night Ward who has yet to set foot on Primal Earth.

I'm running a currently lvl 30 Brute through Night Ward.  The First Ward stories are awesome.  I wasn't running any XP boosters until about lvl 25 because they caused me to miss some of the 1-20 arcs for my chosen alignment in Praetoria I figured it'd be the same way in First Ward.  I finished the arcs before I could get the second arc in NW.  I ended up doing low lvl Praetorian arcs with the crystal in a base to level up about 3 lvls to 30 in order to start the Ward arc.

I have the option to call a contact and go through the Rift to Primal Earth any time I wish.  The closest I've come is I hit up Pocket D for P2W because its easier to get to than Nova.  

Somehow, I got the Ouro portal power  but when I tried to use it I got a message when trying to enter it that the portal rejects me.  My feelings were hurt.  Bad. 😞

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wicko said:

Somehow, I got the Ouro portal power  but when I tried to use it I got a message when trying to enter it that the portal rejects me.  My feelings were hurt.  Bad. 😞

Hm.  That's an angle I hadn't considered.  Certainly FirstWard/NightWard are a LOT more fun teaming. But on nights were I don't find people, OR, I'm just hating all human life to begin with (work does that to me some days....), AND, if I've already finsihed up the arcs.... I'd half planned to use Ouro to repeat some. Which I guess is not an option.

Still, there's misc Repeatable Quest Dudes in the zones...Vickers, etc. 

And absolute worst case, there's AE, or just patience for another night when teaming is more workable.

14 hours ago, MTeague said:

Hm.  That's an angle I hadn't considered.  Certainly FirstWard/NightWard are a LOT more fun teaming. But on nights were I don't find people, OR, I'm just hating all human life to begin with (work does that to me some days....), AND, if I've already finsihed up the arcs.... I'd half planned to use Ouro to repeat some. Which I guess is not an option.

Still, there's misc Repeatable Quest Dudes in the zones...Vickers, etc. 

And absolute worst case, there's AE, or just patience for another night when teaming is more workable.

Just use a crystal in a base.  I'm on Everlasting and we have Zone-8888 as a public teleport hub that has a crystal in the base that works.   I used it to go back to some arcs in Praetoria.  I also used /altinvite to add my Praetorian to my SG so assumingly, I could use the SG's crystal.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 6:19 AM, Six Six said:

not that simple. this was the weekly discussion a couple of few weeks ago. bottom line is, not everyone is cut out to be a villain. 😃

This. It sometimes gets ignored in thread like these. For some players, no amount of "incentives" will draw them to redside simply because they prefer playing heroes.

I'm one of those people. I have a few red/gold characters for a change of pace, but heroes are where it is at for me.

I'm the opposite. Started with heroes, but found my home in the Rogue Isles. I do have a few true-blues in the mix, but the exception rather than the rule. Most of my "bluesiders" are villains who think it's healthier for them to be around heroes because of the enemies they've made redside. The rest are red-blooded through and through. And a handful are the "true" villains, the ones bent on global domination, not just C-listers who want to enrich themselves or be someone else's lackeys. 

Gold side, I can't get enough of Cole. Primal Earth needs more Cole, as Praetor Duncan stated. (and I'm sorry, but resistance is futile) 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Six Six said:

I'm the opposite. Started with heroes, but found my home in the Rogue Isles. I do have a few true-blues in the mix, but the exception rather than the rule. Most of my "bluesiders" are villains who think it's healthier for them to be around heroes because of the enemies they've made redside. The rest are red-blooded through and through. And a handful are the "true" villains, the ones bent on global domination, not just C-listers who want to enrich themselves or be someone else's lackeys. 

Gold side, I can't get enough of Cole. Primal Earth needs more Cole, as Praetor Duncan stated. (and I'm sorry, but resistance is futile) 😃

I am the same.  I started shortly after Issue 3 launched, when all there was was blue side.  When red side was added in Issue 6, that quickly became my new home.  I still had some blue side toons to play with my friends that preferred playing blue side before side switching was added, but I much preferred the Rogue Isles.

Now all of my toons are Loyalist or Rogue.

• Like 1

I made it to level 40 as a Praetorian by going directly to First Ward and then Night Ward. I had to a number of the First Ward repeatable missions and I probably could have dinged 50 if I’d used an SG base pillar to run all the arcs, but ultimately I left Praetoria at 40.

I jumped straight into the Portal Corps Praetorian arcs and then the “New Praetorians” arcs. Those combined with double XP got my Praetorian to 50 where I ran the Last Bastion incarnate arc.

It takes a little planning, but you CAN actually do Praetorian content all the way from 1-50 and only need to be Blue-side for the last 10 levels.

You can’t do it Red-Side unfortunately since it only has the Mr. G arcs (added contemporaneously with the New Praetorians arcs) connecting to Praetoria while Blue-side has the revamped Portal Corps arcs to fill in the needed XP gaps.

• Thanks 3

I rolled a gold toon once but rerolled her because I hate soloing. I almost always go blue because that's where the teams are, though most of my toons are vigilantes or rogues, and I do switch over if there's a team recruiting. I also prefer the blue-side aesthetic to red-side (which reminds me too much of the alternate Biff timeline in Back to the Future).

I'd be interested in gold-side if I could get a large team.  Maybe someone will organize a recurring gold-side team that meets every Monday. I'd go for that.

Night ward will get you to 41-42, if you save Trilogy/Fireball for after outleveling the repeatable contact; then to get to 50 you have to option of flashbacking the arcs you missed (via SG Pillar).  My Praetorian is currently 47, with 1/2 of Imperial city's arcs left and most of Neutropolis left

I have more blue characters than red but that's because my blue characters are mostly for teaming with my room mate.  Redside I'm mostly solo but I've had some good rando teamups there.  I like Praetoria, I do, but the sewer navigation is a #$%$^$^