Who sez da old days R ded?

cranebump

Put together a team that ran Frostfire today (after I ran Wincott and most of Flux solo). Afterward, we went all the way through Julius the Troll and Talshak the Mystic. I know that’s the first time I’ve run the major Hollows arcs since return. I was actually surprised how easy it was to maintain a full team all the way through. Had a few that wer there the whole time (it was a great group of mostly support characters).

I guess there’s more interest in those old story arcs than I thought. And since I’m not running 2XP on that character, I should be able to run through some Sky or Steel contacts, maybe Faultline. Anyway, it was a nice run. Made me rethink my typical mission paths these days.

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Forgot about Striga That would fit with sorta going back to those old runs. I should probably work Croatoa in, as well. I tend to skip that one, as I don’t care for the theme. But, it’s been awhile, so...

Edited by cranebump
  • Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Croatia is a country in southern Europe. Croatoa is the zone, named for a mysteriously vanished early American colony. Sorry, this should maybe be in the Pet Peeves thread. Glad to see people running the early hazard zone stuff though. I still run the Hollows, Striga and Croatoa on nearly every alt. I get bored to tears with the new Skulls Arc in King's Row and a certain other story arc doesn't even deserve mention.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

47 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

Croatia is a country in southern Europe. Croatoa is the zone, named for a mysteriously vanished early American colony. Sorry, this should maybe be in the Pet Peeves thread. Glad to see people running the early hazard zone stuff though. I still run the Hollows, Striga and Croatoa on nearly every alt. I get bored to tears with the new Skulls Arc in King's Row and a certain other story arc doesn't even deserve mention.

The Roanoke colony, and its mystery is not so mysterious these days, despite some use still in pop culture fiction. Some years ago, using DNA testing, a direct link was established between some family members in Europe who passed on their DNA to today, and descendants from the tribal peoples living in that region at the time. While this doesnt fill in all the blanks, it leaves little doubt at least some of the lost colony went to live with the tribes, more than likely to survive in something of an opposite to how we hear the first thanksgiving in jamestown would go down years later. Rather than bring food to the colony they brought people back to their homes to live among them.

Funny enough accounts generations later by colonists speaking of some "indians" having more "civilized" traits like lighter skin, and facial features they considered more english in appearance. So its even likely some of the welcome later colonies received from certain tribes was due in part to them having some idea of their colonist ancestry.

And it really should not be some surprise or mystery, when people go missing in mass, its going to be people behind it one way or another more often then not.

• Like 2

More than likely they had difficulty surviving their first harsh winter in the New World and survivors were either captured or joined one of the regional tribes. The message "Croatoan" likely referred to a nearby tribe called the Croatans, an offshoot of the Roanoac (Roanoke) Algonquians that lived in what is modern day North Carolina.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

I keep seeing more and more posts about the Hollows...I may have to roll into there and revisit the place.  I haven't been in there other than to badge hunt since well before the game's sunset.  

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

4 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

Yeah, my autocorrect on the Pad did all that.  Didn't bother to check after I posted. 

Edited by cranebump

4 minutes ago, cranebump said:

Yeah, my autocorrect on the Pad did all that.  Didn't bother to check after I posted. 

No worries. I apologize if I was giving you a hard time.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

On 7/15/2020 at 8:14 PM, Coyotedancer said:

Don't forget to go to Striga before you hit 25, and introduce yourself to Peebles. Her arc gives you a very nice temp power. And you get to smash a whole warehouse full of Council bots. 

And finish her arc before you hit 30; if you don't, you don't get the temporary power that is part of the rewards for completing the arc -- the version you get doing it as an Ouro flashback is inferior.

Yep, I always do all the Hollows arcs on new characters now, it is a pretty easy 85 merits.  By the time I get through that I also usually have a good feel for the character and if I'm going to want to continue with it.  If I don't, at least I earned the equivalent of about 20 million from them during their "trial run".

8 hours ago, srmalloy said:

And finish her arc before you hit 30; if you don't, you don't get the temporary power that is part of the rewards for completing the arc -- the version you get doing it as an Ouro flashback is inferior.

You need to do Peebles in the low 20s; otherwise she passes you off to one of the other contacts in Striga.

Who run Bartertown?

5 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

You need to do Peebles in the low 20s; otherwise she passes you off to one of the other contacts in Striga.

Once you have the book in her contact entry, you will be able to finish the arc that ends with you defeating Heracles, even though her missions cap at 25; she'll pass you off to Long Jack, Tobias Hansen, or Lars Hansen depending on what level you are when you talk to her after either completing her arc or outleveling her as a contact. But if you are level 30 or higher when you defeat Heracles to finish her arc, you don't get the temp power reward, even though her dialog implies that you do.

Since Lars caps out at 30, and you need to complete his arc to be introduced to Ernesto Hess, if you don't want to have to go back through Ouro to do it, you'll want to go to Striga and talk to Stephanie at 21, and either not be running an XP boost or be willing to turn off XP while you run the Striga storyline to the exclusion of everything else; it's far too easy to outlevel the zone.

• Like 1